Debut

Hello, my name is PinkSkulls. I've spent about an hour reading other introduction threads trying to find a good way to word my own, and another hour trying to draft this post alone. 
     I used to be a fan of beyblades during the metal era, both collecting and watching the show. My favorite bey then was Lightning L Drago, and I have yet to apply the stickers. I recently found out that beyblades were still popular and going strong thanks to a new series out, and I looked into it. Initially I thought Burst looked terrible because we were going right back to plastic, but when I found out about the variety of gimmicks and abilities beys were able to have now, I was hooked. My favorite bey before I even watched the show and knew who owned it was Revive Phoenix, and after watching Turbo, Phi has become my number one most favorite character with my number one most favorite bey. I'm a big fan of dragons and especially phoenixes, so my favorite beys were no surprise there, and I can easily call both beys the main beys that I own.
     I'm excited for Dynamite Battle and being able to follow along and guess on the releases as we go for once, since this will be the first time I am actively following beyblade development, and it looks like these generations of beys are fantastic. Although it will never happen, I really wish for an evolution of Revive Phoenix or its ability in some capacity, as it is just too fun of a gimmick.
     I mostly made an account after lurking for a few weeks to join the discord and poke around in the threads to guess how new releases will work, and to also talk about Astral Spriggan when it comes out. If you couldn't tell by the end of this post, I overuse commas, and I don't really know how to cut down on them even if I try to. If I apply myself, I could learn to properly use semicolons and that may help stop my run on sentences.
I'd love to attend some tournaments, just to be able to duel other bladers and see what their combinations are, and will hopefully be able to go to one soon.
welcome to the wbo!
Welcome to the WBO
(Aug. 05, 2021  12:52 AM)PinkSkulls Wrote:
Hello, my name is PinkSkulls. I've spent about an hour reading other introduction threads trying to find a good way to word my own, and another hour trying to draft this post alone. 
     I used to be a fan of beyblades during the metal era, both collecting and watching the show. My favorite bey then was Lightning L Drago, and I have yet to apply the stickers. I recently found out that beyblades were still popular and going strong thanks to a new series out, and I looked into it. Initially I thought Burst looked terrible because we were going right back to plastic, but when I found out about the variety of gimmicks and abilities beys were able to have now, I was hooked. My favorite bey before I even watched the show and knew who owned it was Revive Phoenix, and after watching Turbo, Phi has become my number one most favorite character with my number one most favorite bey. I'm a big fan of dragons and especially phoenixes, so my favorite beys were no surprise there, and I can easily call both beys the main beys that I own.
     I'm excited for Dynamite Battle and being able to follow along and guess on the releases as we go for once, since this will be the first time I am actively following beyblade development, and it looks like these generations of beys are fantastic. Although it will never happen, I really wish for an evolution of Revive Phoenix or its ability in some capacity, as it is just too fun of a gimmick.
     I mostly made an account after lurking for a few weeks to join the discord and poke around in the threads to guess how new releases will work, and to also talk about Astral Spriggan when it comes out. If you couldn't tell by the end of this post, I overuse commas, and I don't really know how to cut down on them even if I try to. If I apply myself, I could learn to properly use semicolons and that may help stop my run on sentences.
I'd love to attend some tournaments, just to be able to duel other bladers and see what their combinations are, and will hopefully be able to go to one soon.

Welcome PinkSkulls! Hope you enjoy your time on this site! Btw, if you would like me to create you a pfp, you can make a request in this thread - https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Fan-Des...s-accepted
Hi welcome to the WBO
Welcome PinkSkulls to the WBO I hope we can be friends :)
Hello! Welcome to the WBO. Im Sands, mostly a Beyblade anime viewer and fanartist around here. I hope you enjoy the WBO!
Thanks for all the welcomes, that is much appreciated!
     I was debating on replying and saying thanks because I don't know forum etiquette too well and didn't want to bump my thread with a reply to my own thread, but it's one of few active introduction threads and at worst it just appears on latest posts for ten minutes.
     I am enjoying it so far, being able to see all recent news as well as people talking about parts, allowing me to learn what works best and what does what since the wiki has a lot of parts still in drafts for years.
(Aug. 05, 2021  2:11 AM)PinkSkulls Wrote: Thanks for all the welcomes, that is much appreciated!
     I was debating on replying and saying thanks because I don't know forum etiquette too well and didn't want to bump my thread with a reply to my own thread, but it's one of few active introduction threads and at worst it just appears on latest posts for ten minutes.
     I am enjoying it so far, being able to see all recent news as well as people talking about parts, allowing me to learn what works best and what does what since the wiki has a lot of parts still in drafts for years.

Believe me, what youre doing at the moment is perfectly okay. Youre following basic forum etiquettes very well. Generally, the key ideas are to use common sense and be productive. Common sense, as in “do not spam” and “do not disrespect others.” You left a very good impression so far (at least, to me)

And yeah, the Beyblade wiki can be a little dry sometimes, especially Burst content (both the toys and the animanga information). Im saying this as a former wiki editor. Not a lot of people nowadays are wiki editing enthusiasts and its better to discuss with others instead
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time on the WBO!

Also, where do you live, tournaments are poping up in a lot of places.
(Aug. 05, 2021  2:17 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time on the WBO!

Also, where do you live, tournaments are popping up in a lot of places.

I actually have been keeping tabs on tournaments in my state, in which they do happen semi frequently. It is just that they always get filled completely within days, which is a good and bad thing, since it tells me that people are still super enthusiastic and that these people are local too, but on the other hand due to COVID concerns I am unable to come to watch in most cases.
     Most of them are also an hour away minimum, so it'll be a long travel distance. Even so, I'd want to go just to be able to try it out.
     I'm just glad tournaments are happening nearby or even in my state at all on a regular basis, because I was already mentally prepared to find out that tournaments were rare if not nonexistent.
     Actually, one of my favorite features of this website is the tournament listings. It was really great to see that people were actually ranked, and tournaments could be easily organized and sponsored. I've not seen something like that, even though it's not like I've participated in anything that needed tournaments before anyways.
(Aug. 05, 2021  12:52 AM)PinkSkulls Wrote:

(writes long paragraph that I legit don't read)

Me: sup