Deathscyther testing

Thanks for the tests. Yeah I have found that too, I think that Survive gives more when hit, making it harder to burst. That's the only logical reason I could come up with anyway
I have a question. In the death layer plastic doesn't cover the layer equally. Won't this create a imbalance in the beyblade like the twisted fusion wheel?
(Sep. 25, 2015  3:41 PM)Blader ninja Wrote: I have a question. In the death layer plastic doesn't cover the layer equally. Won't this create a imbalance in the beyblade like the twisted fusion wheel?

It is slightly unbalanced, but it's still easily the best stamina Layer in Burst. If you wanna see unbalanced, check out Trident.
Maybe Heavy is better on Deathscyther?

It went 4-5 against VHA, and I'm pretty sure something like DSS would easily get like at most a 30% win rate against VHA
There must be a reason why everyone uses Heavy with Deathscyther in Japan ... Would be interesting to compare the KO Rate vs Burst Rate between Deathscyther Spread and Deathscyther Heavy, though. If Wombat's testing is any indication, there could be a significant difference.
Here are my tests, but the two seem similar enough :

Deathscyther Heavy Survive versus Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Deathscyther : 10 (5 OS, 2 Bursts, 1 SKO, 2 KO)
Valkyrie : 10 (6 Bursts, 1 OS, 3 KO)

Deathscyther Spread Survive versus Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Deathscyther : 11 (10 OS, 1 Burst)
Valkyrie : 9 (7 Bursts, 1 KO, 1 OS)
1 double KO

I honestly do not get that many knockouts except when I use Xtreme anyway.
(Jan. 19, 2016  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote: There must be a reason why everyone uses Heavy with Deathscyther in Japan ...

It's easy to assume this, but seemingly nobody knew that Odin Heavy Defense is stronger and more versatile.
(Jan. 20, 2016  11:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2016  9:49 PM)Kei Wrote: There must be a reason why everyone uses Heavy with Deathscyther in Japan ...

It's easy to assume this, but seemingly nobody knew that Odin Heavy Defense is stronger and more versatile.

True. But then, despite knowing this I somehow lost a couple times using that against Deathscyther Heavy Defense hahaha.
Well, there are always anomalies. I'm sure that the number of times you won with OHD far outweighs the times you lost using it, right? I think I faced DHD at the tournament in December and I used OHD and had no issues. Launch strength and angle are probably the most determining factors in a matchup like this though.
It really is hard to say whether OHD or DHD is better for stamina. In a lot of cases, it seems to ultimately come down to which player actually has the better launch. At FROSTY DRIVERS, Bey Brad's Odin Heavy Defense had beat my Deathscyther Heavy Defense because he had the better launch.

I'm actually not even so convinced that Odin's defense is really that much better than Deathscyther's paired with Heavy and Defense, either. Odin Heavy Defense and Odin Heavy Blow can be bursted by Valkyrie Heavy Accel pretty consistently. Has anyone ever tested Deathscyther Heavy Defense against any attack combos? I don't think really think it's really been established that OHD truly has greater defense. It could be something to look in to.
Quote: Odin Heavy Defense and Odin Heavy Blow can be bursted by Valkyrie Heavy Accel pretty consistently.

In my experience this was anything but "consistent" — lots of double-bursts or VHA bursting on contact. And Valkyrie has always been really strong against Deathscyther. Remember Valkyrie Heavy Claw?

I much prefer Deathscyther's design over Odin's so I really wish this wasn't true. But Odin is just really great.
I'm not as well versed in Burst as the rest of you guys but in my experience Deathscyther Heavy Defense seems worse than Odin Heavy Defense to me. Because of it's shape, Deathscyther has pretty bad Defense (both Burst and Normal) even though its teeth are pretty good, while Odin's shape is superior for both kinds of Defense despite having worse teeth. I can't think of a situation where I would pick Deathscyther over Odin on Heavy Defense to be honest.

(Jan. 21, 2016  2:07 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2016  11:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

True. But then, despite knowing this I somehow lost a couple times using that against Deathscyther Heavy Defense hahaha.

I believe ZachBob also experienced this at The Burst Awakens when Stormscorpio1 was able to beat his Odin Heavy Defense with Deathscyther Heavy Defense.

I think Deathscyther Heavy Defense would probably outspin Odin in a Burst-less environment, but for me Odin seems pretty capable of Bursting Deathscyther before I can find out for sure. At the most recent Maryland tournament, I was able to Burst Deathscyther Spread Accel using Odin Heavy Blow... right before being KOed 3 times in a row by Kerbeus Spread Survive, so it probably has more to do with the way the Layers interact than how they perform on their own.

(Jan. 21, 2016  3:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote: Odin Heavy Defense and Odin Heavy Blow can be bursted by Valkyrie Heavy Accel pretty consistently.

In my experience this was anything but "consistent" — lots of double-bursts or VHA bursting on contact. And Valkyrie has always been really strong against Deathscyther. Remember Valkyrie Heavy Claw?

I much prefer Deathscyther's design over Odin's so I really wish this wasn't true. But Odin is just really great.

This might have to do with the spin velocities of the two Beyblades. According to 1234beyblade, Stars, and several others have found that a slow-spinning Valkyrie will beat a fast-spinning Odin, and vice-versa. If both Beyblades have approximately the same spin velocity then they have about an equal chance of victory. Angry Face explains why rather well in my thread that Kei linked. Maybe this is the cause of the inconsistencies in Valkyrie vs. Odin tests we've seen even outside of tooth conditions.
Thanks Wombat, your posts are always a pleasure to read Smile