Death (defense mode) Leone AD145 EWD

So, after some discussion over in the tier list discussion thread and the discovery that nobody really had made a set combo to use with death's spin steal abilities this combo was born.

Concept: Highlight death's spin steal abilities and see whether it has use as anything else other than an (anti) spin-stealer

Clear wheel selection: Just felt like breaking tradition a little, plus I've found that Leone has really good synergy with death.

Equipment:
Beylauncher l/r
BB-10
BGrin= 6-7 minute mold

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. MSF-F Revizer Dragooon BGrin (Dragooon launched first)
Death Wins: 10/10 (ALL OS by 2-3 rotations)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs MSF-F Killerken Dragooon BGrin (Dragooon launched first)
Death Wins: 10/10 (ALL OS by 2-3 rotations)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Revizer Dragooon S130 MB (Dragooon launched first)
Death Wins: 10/10 (ALL OS by 6-7 rotations)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Revizer Revizer (boost mode) E230 RSF (Death launched first)
Death Wins: 10/10 (All OS, not even close)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Revizer Revizer (lower mode) E230 RSF (Death launched first)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Phantom Aquario 85 MF (Death Launched First)
Death Wins: 10/10 (All OS, by 5ish rotations)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. MSF Gryph Gryph E230 (lower mode) BSF (Death Launched First)
Death Wins: 10/10 (All OS, sometimes 5 rotations, sometimes not even close)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. MF-H Duo Bull E230 RSF (Death Launched First)

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Flash Sagittario II CH145 (Death Launched First)
Death Wins: 4 (All OS)
Flash Wins: 6 (All KO)
Death got a few lucky wall saves and a couple of times it showed an actual amount of defense

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Phantom Aquario W145 WD (Phantom and Death alternated Launching First)
Death Wins: 10/10 (All OS, by 5-10ish rotations)

I was actually really surprised by this...

Death Leone AD145EWD vs. Duo W145 WD (Duo and Death alternated launching first)
Death Wins: 5/10 (All OS, by 5 or less rotations)
Duo Wins: 5/10 (All OS, by 5 or less rotations

In conclusion, I think Death does deserve a spot on the tier list, maybe as a balance custom?
Umm how did it come close with Flash?

And how did Phantom on MF not KO?

You have to do twenty by the way.
As far as I know 20 is not a rule it is a suggestion and none of the tests were really close enough to merit more than 10 tests excepts for the duo one in which the same thing would have kept happening all the way to a million tests, it and death would have kept splitting wins. As to the flash results, like I already stated death got a couple of lucky wall saves and there were a couple of times it go hit right to the edge but somehow managed to barrel it's way back in.
20 rounds is a mandatory rule for tests, we can't have a clear estimate of these tests unless the rules are followed through which clearly says 20 rounds should be done.
How did this get 10/10 on every single test except with duo, and flash? Yea the duo testings are 100% accurate, it sad how unrecognized death is, but do u think u can do a testing video, for flash and phantom, just to see how u launch.
Do you think you could try W145 and see if it changes anything? It could give it some more stamina.
**Edit:
Also, if you are using a 6-7 minute BGrin mold, wouldn't that make this combo dependent on it being a very good BGrin? I would assume few people have a couple 6-7 minute molds and it could make or break this combo.

**2nd Edit:
excuse my apparent sudden onset dyslexia.
With phantom and flash just try it yourself I don't have a camera that would work for testing videos and BloodLacerta how would the mold of b:d have any effect on a combo that does not use b:d? Also, I'm sure putting death on w145 would increase its win rate against duo, but does it look like it needs it anywhere else, plus ad145 has a ton more defense than w145 by virtue of being a couple of grams heavier
There is actually very little to no defensive differences between W145 and AD145....
(Jun. 15, 2013  7:27 PM)Time Wrote: With phantom and flash just try it yourself I don't have a camera that would work for testing videos and BloodLacerta how would the mold of b:d have any effect on a combo that does not use b:d? Also, I'm sure putting death on w145 would increase its win rate against duo, but does it look like it needs it anywhere else, plus ad145 has a ton more defense than w145 by virtue of being a couple of grams heavier

I see this more of an anti-spin stealer / stamina combo, I really don't see it as a defense combo, especially due to the lack of rubber tip, most top tier attack combos should take this out with relative ease. Would you mind testing against Variares CH120RF (Left Spin) and Gravity Perseus D125RF (left spin, counter mode)?
Why left-spin Attack of all things? This combo counters left-spin Stamina, not Attack.
(Jun. 15, 2013  7:56 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Why left-spin Attack of all things? This combo counters left-spin Stamina, not Attack.

I guess just to see how it does. He did say in the OP he wanted to see if it has any use other than anti spin stealer.
Okay, but Gravity Attack? A combo like that hasn't seen competitive success in, like, forever. lol
(Jun. 15, 2013  8:12 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Okay, but Gravity Attack? A combo like that hasn't seen competitive success in, like, forever. lol

IDK lol first thing I thought of. (don't know why not something like LLD but whatever). I guess LLD100/90RF would work a lot better.
MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MF-L Duo Gasher W145WD

WD switched every 5 rounds.

Death: 2 Wins (1 KO, 1 OS)
Duo: 8 Wins (0 KO, 8 OS)
0 Draws
Death Win Percentage: 0%
Win-By-Win:
Yeah, I don't know how you got your Death to go 5 to 5 with Duo lol. Duo's wins were pretty decisive. while Death's wins were by a single spin or two.

MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MF-L Phantom Gasher W145WD

Death: 7 Wins (1 KO, 6 OS)
Phantom: 3 Wins (0 KO, 3 OS)
0 Draws
Death Win Percentage: 70%
Win-By-Win:
This was an honestly surprising result to me. Death was able to destabilize Phantom and then get some rather decisive wins. Unlike its wins against Duo, Death won by a good amount of rotations each time.

MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MSF-F Killerken Dragooon B:D

Death: 8 Wins (0 KO, 8 OS)
Dragooon: 2 Wins (0 KO, 2 OS)
7 Draws, All Redone
Death Win Percentage: 80%
Win-By-Win:
I don't know how many draws you got seeing as you didn't include them in your post, however these battles were very close. I don't think anybody should doubt Death's abilities against left-spin opponents, it's been well known for a while that Death is the "Anti Spin-Stealer".

MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MSF-F Killerken Dragooon SA165WD

Death: 10 Wins (0 KO, 10 OS)
Dragooon: 0 Wins (0 KO, 0 OS)
0 Draws
Death Win Percentage: 100%
Win-By-Win:

Not even nearly as close as it were against B:D, Death seemed to destabilize Dragooon easily and OS it convincingly, it won by 6 entire rotations in multiple battles.

All in all, Death is a fantastic Anti Spin-Stealing wheel. It can even destabilize Phantom when in same-height combinations and lower, but I personally would never choose it over Duo in a right-spin vs. right-spin battle, that's obviously Duo's battle.
As for your test against Flash, you should probably try doing that again. It took me 3 battles to realize I was wasting my time facing WD vs. Flash.
Quote: MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MF-L Phantom Gasher W145WD

Death: 7 Wins (1 KO, 6 OS)
Phantom: 3 Wins (0 KO, 3 OS)
0 Draws
Death Win Percentage: 70%
Win-By-Win:
Spoiler (Click to Hide)
Death OS
Phantom OS
Death OS
Death OS
Death OS
WD Switched
Phantom OS
Death KO
Death OS
Phantom OS
Death OS
This was an honestly surprising result to me. Death was able to destabilize Phantom and then get some rather decisive wins. Unlike its wins against Duo, Death won by a good amount of rotations each time.

Exactly like what I said and noticed...

Quote:MF-L Death Leone AD145WD vs. MF-L Duo Gasher W145WD

Death: 2 Wins (1 KO, 1 OS)
Duo: 8 Wins (0 KO, 8 OS)
0 Draws
Death Win Percentage: 0%
Win-By-Win:
Spoiler (Click to Hide)
Duo OS
Duo OS
Duo OS
Death KO
Duo OS
WD Switched
Death OS
Duo OS
Duo OS
Duo OS
Yeah, I don't know how you got your Death to go 5 to 5 with Duo lol. Duo's wins were pretty decisive. while Death's wins were by a single spin or two.

Also, you used wd on death for these while I used EWD and by your own results death won 20% of the time, not 0%...
My EWD is worn IIRC and I just wanted to do some comparing tests to WD.
(Jun. 15, 2013  6:57 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: 20 rounds is a mandatory rule for tests, we can't have a clear estimate of these tests unless the rules are followed through which clearly says 20 rounds should be done.

where are these rules listed?

(Jun. 15, 2013  10:51 PM)Zancrow Wrote: My EWD is worn IIRC and I just wanted to do some comparing tests to WD.

yes, but that could be the difference in the Duo tests and why you weren't getting the 100%s like I was...
Time
Your asking where are the rules listed? They are here.
Allright, It's kinda obvious that this is supposed to be a thread to see if Death can beat top-tier stamina wheels, so I did some tests for you guys. Smile

I Decided to throw all the variables out the window and just do some mirror tests. I used the same molds for the tracks, Clear wheels, and bottoms. I used 2 new WD tips. So, basically, it was pure Death vs. the other stamina wheels.

I don't know how well Time's EWD does, or how worn his tips were, or if Death just has a way of maxing out an AD145EWD setup, but I just decided on mirror tests, to see if it was indeed Death that was causing this combo to OS so many things.

I'm also really sorry for only doing 10 rounds, but it's getting late and you have no idea how long this took. I just didn't have enough time. Tongue_out

Here it is! Smile
Sorry but you didn't do it right. WD is awful for LAD compared to anything released after it even though it's top tier. Test again on anything other than WD please. B/WB/TB would be a good choice. I will do my own testing if I need to but i'm busy this weekend.
(Jun. 16, 2013  2:10 AM)Ultra Wrote: Sorry but you didn't do it right. WD is awful for LAD compared to anything released after it even though it's top tier. Test again on anything other than WD please. B/WB/TB would be a good choice. I will do my own testing if I need to but i'm busy this weekend.

He wasn't needing to use LAD. He was testing to see which wheel is superior. And he used mirrored parts. ANd his results conclusively prove Duo&Phantom are better.
That's my point though. While he didn't do anything "wrong" LAD completely defines how beyblades work.
(Jun. 16, 2013  2:16 AM)Ultra Wrote: That's my point though. While he didn't do anything "wrong" LAD completely defines how beyblades work.

The results would've been just as similar. I know TheBlackDragon Personally, he attends my tournaments. You were just mistaken on your predictions. Simple as that. Everyone makes mistakes. No one's perfect after all.
Glad to find that out, I would have done a couple of mirror tests if I had the parts to do so, however I do believe death does significanly better on ewd.
(Jun. 16, 2013  2:10 AM)Ultra Wrote: Test again on anything other than WD please. B/WB/TB would be a good choice. I will do my own testing if I need to but i'm busy this weekend.

Now just for understanding so we all don't start an argument. If someone posts valid results testing WB that mirfor the WD results, how will you react?