DSi

what about if i have a ten hour flight

granted ten hours battery life is a seriously long time, i'm just playing devil's advocate
(Oct. 03, 2008  9:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: what about if i have a ten hour flight

granted ten hours battery life is a seriously long time, i'm just playing devil's advocate

Yeah, there are some situations where this will be a disadvantage (long trips like a plane flight particularly), but most times you'll have access to a power outlet, I think.
plus who the hell plays a DS for ten hours straight
The reason I brought up Battery life is because I am lazy. I like bringing my electronics to school everyday but only recharging them once a week.
(Oct. 03, 2008  9:57 PM)To Wrote: The reason I brought up Battery life is because I am lazy. I like bringing my electronics to school everyday but only recharging them once a week.

oh so you're an idiot
Well, I haven't actually brought my DS lite to school since the hinge started to crack due to concerns. For the DS, I guess battery life isn't much of a concern, since I play less then four hours of my lite in like a month.
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:03 PM)To Wrote: Well, I haven't actually brought my DS lite to school since the hinge started to crack due to concerns. For the DS, I guess battery life isn't much of a concern, since I play less then four hours of my lite in like a month.

how long have you had it?
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:03 PM)To Wrote: Well, I haven't actually brought my DS lite to school since the hinge started to crack due to concerns. For the DS, I guess battery life isn't much of a concern, since I play less then four hours of my lite in like a month.

how long have you had it?

My lite? Since launch, June 2006, got it as a gift. Crack became was noticeable in like Feb of this year.
Ah, then it's not under warranty. Still, Nintendo may replace it if you ask.
I was under the impression that the hinge was something you needed to pay for. And this late in the game not worth my time and money unless otherwise.
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:13 PM)To Wrote: I was under the impression that the hinge was something you needed to pay for. And this late in the game not worth my time and money unless otherwise.

They may replace it for free if you are firm with them.
Considering iPods have 28 hours battery life for music, I think Nintendo could do a li'l better. Q.Q

Gameboy micro is still for the win with it's smallness. Wink
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:32 AM)Blue Wrote: Can you say Cash Grab.
Lame IMO, I expected more.
Like as cool as a camera based games could be, paltry VGA resolution? Like its 2008. even though my phone is subsidised it has 2MP for $50 I paid. I thought I read 3MP somewhere?

I'll give it points for the camera placement and hinge, looks cool.

IT HAS TWO CAMERAS READ THE THREAD

TWO cameras! whats your point I read the thread

YO EDIT: wtf yea I was right the camera is BALLS Comes with an external 0.3 Megapixel camera (for 640 x 480 pixel pictures) and a VGA camera located on the hinge, directed towards the user.
Reggie-Fils Aime Video Interview

Blue, you should check this out, he talks about the camera towards the end, and I think it might change your perspective.
(Oct. 04, 2008  2:33 AM)Kei Wrote: Reggie-Fils Aime Video Interview

Blue, you should check this out, he talks about the camera towards the end, and I think it might change your perspective.

lol unintended pun ftw

I'm excited about the DSi, even though I don't like the idea of a camera OR the less amount of battery life. But, it's about time that a new model of the DS was released.

And, of course, it'll be competing with the...*drumroll* PSP-3000!
UGH, I would've been excited but why do they always take away features before they add some. Taking away the GBA port pisses me off, because I use the GBA port on my DS all the time(lol, its my only working one left). The less battery power is also going to be annoying because I never have time to charge my DS and it'll be very inconvenient on trips which I use my DS for constantly. This will hurt people playing wirelessly, too, since that takes more battery power. I won't be buying this.
Backwards compatibility can't stay forever.
This is going to kill off the PSP imo.
(Oct. 05, 2008  6:10 AM)Sega Wrote: This is going to kill off the PSP imo.

Not anymore than the PC will kill off the Mac.
will it use a new disk or the same as the normal ds,and can i play its games on my ds,,,if no i will buy it and if yes i wont

Piracy has already done that one for Nintendo.

(Oct. 05, 2008  9:23 AM)pegasis Wrote: will it use a new disk or the same as the normal ds,and can i play its games on my ds,,,if no i will buy it and if yes i wont

Since when did the DS even use discs? It used a [seemingly] modified SD card, and this one wont be any different.

Yeah, okay. If the PSP wasn't going to get a new model in the near future, I...well, I still wouldn't agree with you. I really don't even compare the two, since I tend to use the PSP for non-gaming stuff anyway.

(Oct. 05, 2008  9:23 AM)pegasis Wrote: will it use a new disk or the same as the normal ds,and can i play its games on my ds,,,if no i will buy it and if yes i wont

Why wouldn't it? If it was under the name NINTENDO TOUCH or something, as a brand-new console, then maybe. But it's just an upgrade on the DS. GBA-compatability is not available anymore, but I'm sure the original DS game packs will work just fine in it. Nintendo would lose a lot of money otherwise.
Seriously look at whats going to happen, sure the PSP may have the better graphics and Video playback but thats going to be it with it anymore, PSP users can't really brag on about the Music playback, the Ability to look at Photos and browse the Internet on it, also note the range of great games of the DS compared to the PSP's, this is the nail in the coffin for it IMO.
(Oct. 05, 2008  3:34 PM)Sega Wrote: Seriously look at whats going to happen, sure the PSP may have the better graphics and Video playback but thats going to be it with it anymore, PSP users can't really brag on about the Music playback, the Ability to look at Photos and browse the Internet on it, also note the range of great games of the DS compared to the PSP's, this is the nail in the coffin for it IMO.

Call me once the DS allows RSS and Skye.
(Oct. 05, 2008  5:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Backwards compatibility can't stay forever.

The problem for me is that the Pokemon games used the GBA port for getting all the pokemon which I'm doing, so I can't get the newest version of the DS until I'm done, and It's taking forever. They shouldn't have gotten rid of the port so soon. The good thing is the updated WiFi since we are always having trouble connecting. That, and the online stuff, which will be pretty cool.