57.14%
Meh. I'd give it a try...
28.57%
No...
14.29%
Total: 100% 7 vote(s)
[Image: dn_plus_tcg_logo___work_in_progress_with...5z9arf.png]
(Tri made this awesome logo)

So I've done it, I made my own TCG. Please do not use anything related to or use DN-Plus without my permission. Thanks.
Here are the rules so far:
Here is a pick of a basic Monster:
[Image: dk_zps4bd004e9.png]
Please comment all of your thoughts, whether it is a compliment, something that doesn't make sense, or why you don't like it, BUT KEEP IN MIND that everything here is in rough-draft stages. I am working on card desgins as we speak, expect an update soon...
I hope you like it! Grin

EDIT: So I got a few PM's and a post of the story, so I figure I'll post the begining of it to see how everyone likes it.
DN-Plus: DNA Warriors
Please do not use anything from this idea of mine, without my permission or anyhting. I am working hard on this, and I really would appreciate if all of you respect that. Thank you! (Also, this isn't really directed towards anyone, I just felt I should put it out there sooner, rather than later.)
Sounds interesting and I like the concept. Do more with it!
(Mar. 24, 2013  10:30 PM)Haspro Wrote: Sounds interesting and I like the concept. Do more with it!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
Concept is fine, but card design could be improved. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.
(Mar. 25, 2013  2:09 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Concept is fine, but card design could be improved. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks. I'm glad to see your interested. I've been working on the design, and I'm trying some hand-drawn work too. Tongue_out
Is there a story behind it, like Yugioh or Bakugan?
(Mar. 25, 2013  7:49 PM)Haspro Wrote: Is there a story behind it, like Yugioh or Bakugan?

Yah, if I get enough people who want it, I'll just upload it.

ALSO: I'd did my healer and attack card design, it should be up later today

ALSO ALSO: thanks to Tri who will help me out artwork wise Grin
ALSO ALSO ALSO (EDIT AGAIN)
Here is a design of a sample pack. This was when I first started, and I called it "DNA" as a work name...
[Image: pax_zps187898bb.png]
I realize you are still in the beginning stages for this idea, but will you make different rarities for cards?
(Mar. 25, 2013  10:29 PM)Uzuma Wrote: I realize you are still in the beginning stages for this idea, but will you make different rarities for cards?

Actually yes! So far, I have common, super, and Gold. No templates for super or gold yet...
Try using excell to make your card games. I have made TONS because im not allowed to play pokemon, yugioh, magic, or cardfight vanguard(wich is the FUNEST thing in the WORLD) check out mine.

Its called mopets-monster pets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBOVqmALsM

This is ChronoCards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE3noAUzQVg

This is the order of power: (this also has a nice rulebook)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ql34Vq7DAg

By the way... If you want any of these, I will trade it for a beyblade (preferably basalt horogium)
Out of curiosity, why are you not allowed to play card games? I can't imagine how I would survive without Cardfight! Vanguard (which I agree, is the funnest thing in the world).
(Mar. 25, 2013  11:47 PM)ΩµτήµшБεгεđ Wrote: Out of curiosity, why are you not allowed to play card games? I can't imagine how I would survive without Cardfight! Vanguard (which I agree, is the funnest thing in the world).

I live in a strict christian household and those games include witchcraft and sorcory, witch in the Bible is considered an abomination.
By the way... im guessing you play vanguard (i love that song!!!!
"vanguard, well it's not a lie, this legend will be" oh... sorry, got distracted.

We weren't able to play beyblade for a while because of the same reasons, but i convinced my parents to just let us play the game and not watch the tv show (witch is SO SAD!!!) Unhappy
Hm. I live in a catholic household, but I'm still allowed to play card games (though I quit pokemon).
And yes, I do play vanguard XD
Anyway, back on topic, the artwork could be better, but I understand, as I've tried to make cards before.
The game itself is very interesting.
Overall it looks really interesting! How much play testing, if any, have you done so far? Just remember to play test, play test, play test, and to make sure you do so with more than just close friends and family!

Don't worry too much about the art right now. Come up with a solid, well play tested game first, then make the best prototype you can. You may want to steer away from the collectible aspect, and start working on a boxed game that can be expanded later, similar to a LCG.

Once you've got that down, you can start pitching to publishers. In the end, if they like it, they'll worry about marketing, art, and packaging.
(Mar. 25, 2013  11:42 PM)BBN-Gingka Wrote: Try using excell to make your card games. I have made TONS because im not allowed to play pokemon, yugioh, magic, or cardfight vanguard(wich is the FUNEST thing in the WORLD) check out mine.

Its called mopets-monster pets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBOVqmALsM

This is ChronoCards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE3noAUzQVg

This is the order of power: (this also has a nice rulebook)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ql34Vq7DAg

By the way... If you want any of these, I will trade it for a beyblade (preferably basalt horogium)

Those are really cool! thanks for the excell tip too!

(Mar. 26, 2013  12:07 AM)ΩµτήµшБεгεđ Wrote: Hm. I live in a catholic household, but I'm still allowed to play card games (though I quit pokemon).
And yes, I do play vanguard XD
Anyway, back on topic, the artwork could be better, but I understand, as I've tried to make cards before.
The game itself is very interesting.

Thanks. And Tri is going to help with the art, but it is what it is for now.

(Mar. 26, 2013  2:37 AM)rkalajian Wrote: Overall it looks really interesting! How much play testing, if any, have you done so far? Just remember to play test, play test, play test, and to make sure you do so with more than just close friends and family!

Don't worry too much about the art right now. Come up with a solid, well play tested game first, then make the best prototype you can. You may want to steer away from the collectible aspect, and start working on a boxed game that can be expanded later, similar to a LCG.

Once you've got that down, you can start pitching to publishers. In the end, if they like it, they'll worry about marketing, art, and packaging.
Thanks for the tips!
At this point, I'm working on the templates for Battle and Healer cards, and a game-mat. I'm really happy people like this, Thanks to everyone for the tips and compliments. Also, anyone like the first part of the story??
The pack looks pretty cool! The story isn't bad either.
Keep it up!
Also, I like the logo Tri.
It's unofficial. I don't like it very much, but I'll make it better today.
(Mar. 26, 2013  9:44 PM)Tri Wrote: It's unofficial. I don't like it very much, but I'll make it better today.

So I have made a separate thread for the story, so far I have parts one and two up, pelase go read!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Story-DN...a-Warriors

I am working on some Healer and Battle cards too.
I'm creating a Battle-Point Calc. Chart Card Tongue_out
Anything you guys and gals want to see?

And, Tri, it is great, so don't think otherwise Grin
This took me about five minutes to whip up. I thought it was cool for a first go at a Trading Card. !Warning! !Huge Picture! I hope you enjoy!
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:18 AM)Chaotik Wrote: This took me about five minutes to whip up. I thought it was cool for a first go at a Trading Card. I hope you enjoy!

That's pretty cool!!!!!
Did you make it originally or with a site?
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:20 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:18 AM)Chaotik Wrote: This took me about five minutes to whip up. I thought it was cool for a first go at a Trading Card. I hope you enjoy!

That's pretty cool!!!!!

Originally but for the spirit I used the same pic as you from Deviant Art. I used Microsoft Word. I would love to help out!
Fixed.
EDIT: Nevermind, photo didn't sho for me at first.
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:21 AM)Chaotik Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:20 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

That's pretty cool!!!!!

Originally but for the spirit I used the same pic as you from Deviant Art. I would love to help out!

Sure,Tri is helping with artwork, you can help with design and stuff if you would want? PM me you answer!
There is something that I would like to see:
A card game with no Mystical, pegan, and sorcerous aspects to it. This way, I would be able to play it. I like your "dark Angel" card, but that kind of dark spiritually would unfortunatly make me unable to play the game. Keep up your good work. Don't be discouraged if your cards look bad the first couple times. And I have one tip. You might remove the info on the card and replace it with a special effect.
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:22 AM)BBN-Gingka Wrote: There is something that I would like to see:
A card game with no Mystical, pegan, and sorcerous aspects to it. This way, I would be able to play it. I like your "dark Angel" card, but that kind of dark spiritually would unfortunatly make me unable to play the game. Keep up your good work. Don't be discouraged if your cards look bad the first couple times. And I have one tip. You might remove the info on the card and replace it with a special effect.

Some cards will have info or effects, kinda like Yugioh. As far as the no mystical stuff, I'll try to work with it, but this is just protype stuff anyhow, so don't get worried!