DFW/Dallas blader or close bladers

There may be. I was thinking about helping get one started at A-Kon or Anime Fest in the upcoming years. I can't host because a) I can't drive b) I don't have any of the new blades or blade stadiums c) I still need to get parental permission (which is most likely a no). Sad, I know.

I'm interested though, help get the word out, make sure we get the space, etc. Smaller things like that. I suggest to get more replies, you change the topic title to "DFW/Dallas Area".
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Midwest-Beyblade-Summit-Wichita-Kansas

Roughly 5-6 hours away. We're going to focus on making that one a large tournament if all possible. You can get a hotel room at the convention seeing as it IS quite the hike. Get some friends to chip in and you may be able to make it more cost effective.
so what all needs to go down??
thanx for the help guys... hahaha
(Mar. 21, 2009  3:37 AM)iceman1 Wrote: so what all needs to go down??
thanx for the help guys... hahaha
More like up. Texas is below Kansas. ;p
IF you have any questions, iceman, I'm the event organizer, just PM me here or get on aim and pm
ryukamiquatre

K?
User Evan is in Texas.
i live near DFW, if you can actually get something started PM me
Hello bladers
I got good news. If I was to say I could host a beyblade event at a university in Dallas TX, how many bladers would confirm to come? We already have sponsoring with beyblade (the style of play is a little different). We also have about 20 stadiums and some beyblades to rent there. So who would be down for a Dallas beyblade gathering (If this works out then we could easily get funding to be a recognized beyblade division in a university).
(Jun. 02, 2009  6:54 PM)Zarius Wrote: Hello bladers
I got good news. If I was to say I could host a beyblade event at a university in Dallas TX, how many bladers would confirm to come? We already have sponsoring with beyblade (the style of play is a little different). We also have about 20 stadiums and some beyblades to rent there. So who would be down for a Dallas beyblade gathering (If this works out then we could easily get funding to be a recognized beyblade division in a university).

PM me the information and i'll be there
(Jun. 02, 2009  6:54 PM)Zarius Wrote: Hello bladers

im from dallas pm me if somtihing happen
Below is the information of the beyblade event. For now it is just a gathering to blade others but if enough people come we may hold a tournament. The purpose of this event is to get the serious bladers together and from this meet we will decide on future tournaments and events. Invite your beyblader friends and tell everyone to bring all their own blades. There may be some blades to rent there (Very few). I need to know how many people will show, so tell your buddies and PM me if your coming so I can give better directions.

BayBladying Free-For-All
Sunday, June 28th / 3:00 pm
University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson TX 75083
Phase 8 Clubhouse

[Directions: Take Waterview Parkway to Drive L onto UTD campus.
Drive to end of street; Clubhouse will be on your left.]

Special note: No electric and remote control beyblades. Everything else is ok.
BeyBladying?

I would hope that people organizing an event would know how to spell "Beyblading".
^ It's not even Beybladying, it's Baybladying. I'm hoping it's just a typo though......
That's not that big of a deal (The person who wrote out the info that I copied and pasted isn't really a blader so no surprise there.) The important thing is that this is going down. Also this beyblade free for all is counted as a small university event, so there will be student and/or staff supervision. It is also a side sponsoring of the NASBE organization. The main purpose of this event is to connect with skilled bladers so we can expand the many beyblading events we already do for other schools, universities, and organization. You could say its a pretty big deal, but this is just a fun come and blade kinda event (no points or awards will be given at this event, however this event greatly determines if we will hold other beyblading events with awards and prizes were we invite the local bladers). The way we normally play may be a little different than WBO official way of play, but if we could teach 3rd graders to do it then you guys can handle it. So spread the word and if you have anymore questions just let me know.

[Directions: Enter UTD campus from the west ( Waterview Parkway ). Turn off Waterview Parkway onto Drive L. Go to the end of Drive L and turn left into the Information Center parking lot. Park and go up the stairs to the end of the hallway to the Phase 8 Clubhouse (see #8 on map)].

http://www.utdallas.edu/maps/
(Jun. 13, 2009  3:06 AM)Zarius Wrote: The way we normally play may be a little different than WBO official way of play, but if we could teach 3rd graders to do it then you guys can handle it.

This worries me somewhat. Do you have different launch techniques or something (going off the word 'teach') or just a different scoring system. Either way, WBO sanctioned events need to comply with WBO ruling....
Essentially its the same (Our scoring systems mainly 2 points out of 3). We made some things easier to explain (we have already done multiple events with 3rd graders all the way to college students. Our rules are summed to fit on 1 page, the WBO is 13 pages.) Some of the differences I know we normally use during our events compared to the WBO rules are:
Regarding beyblades that return to the stadium (If it returns on its own and hasn't stopped spinning then its still in play). We don't use a "Re-Shoot Clause." You have 1 "Miss-launch" and if it happens again your opponent gets a point (you can still test shoot if you want). Also for most of the events we provide the beyblades so we are not heavy on restricted parts and regulations (mainly no big electric or remote control beyblades).

Nothing to major. Again this event is to get in touch with local bladers. Both ways of play will be used (and maybe some more just for fun).
Just a reminder to all TX bladers that MBS is coming up and we would really like to see you! The WBC is up for Crew Battles! I'm thinking a 3 man, can you handle that? WBO MFB rules if you come on down.
Alright hope to see whoever can make it at the Free-for-all. (Yes you can consider this an open challenge!)