Conventions?

Have any of you guys ever been to a convention of any kind? I've been to the Anime Fest for the past three years and the Comic Con two years ago. 0:
I go to the MCM Expo at the Excel Center in London fairly regularly, have been for the last three years now; I think.

I was happy to see that the Spinoff was to be held there, as I planned on going anyway. Tongue_out
Unfortunately enough of my costume (I do costumes sometimes) fell apart before getting there, that by the time I arrived at the Beyblade floor area it seemed I was just wearing a white shirt and tracksuit bottoms. Loose threads are truly evil things.
Loose threads are gna be the death of all cosplayers.. Did you buy your outfit online or something? It's really good to inspect your outfit and stuff before going to the Con. 0: I was thinking of holding probably a tournament at the New York Anime Festival this year, but I don't know who to consult to that works with bringing that Con together. Or can I just pick a spot somewhere and wait for people to meet up..? Ehh, I'll figure something out.
You know one good thing about conventions (Besides all the announcements, the cosplaying and the freebies), It's the chance to go with friends and have a laugh with them on whatever happens.

Shame I've haven't been to one with even a single friend of mine. Least I have facebook.
I've been to Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX, USA, and I'm on staff at Chronicles Convention here in Wichita, KS.
I've been to both conventions held up here in Anchorage, AK. The first was Aurora-Con 2008 where I met Vic Mignogna( Edward Elric, Ikkaku Madarame, Burter in DBK) and Collen Clinkenbeard(Riza Hawkeye, Gohan in DBK), and the second was Senshii-Con 2010 where I met Travis Willingham(Roy Mustang, Cell in DBK) Laura Bailey(Lust, Rakshata Chawla), Chris Cason(Mr. Popo, Gluttony), Leah Clark(Noah from the FMA movie), and Jackie Cabe.
Holy carp. So basically most of the FMA main character's voice actors were at that con. I'm so jelissss. *u*
(Aug. 29, 2010  9:54 PM)MorningMess Wrote: Holy carp. So basically most of the FMA main character's voice actors were at that con. I'm so jelissss. *u*

Basically, but I missed the year that Caitlin Glass(Winry) showed up and Aaron Dismuke(Alphonse Elric) hasn't come up. I do wish that Chris Sabat would come back, because I had no chance to see him the year he came up.
(Aug. 29, 2010  9:54 PM)MorningMess Wrote: Holy carp. So basically most of the FMA main character's voice actors were at that con. I'm so jelissss. *u*

Main three were at Anime Fest Wichita this year.
I went to E3 a couple years ago but thats about it
thresher you met Cell ( girlish scream) lol
(Aug. 29, 2010  11:13 PM)Moss Wrote: I went to E3 a couple years ago but thats about it
thresher you met Cell ( girlish scream) lol

It was actually quite funny because I went on wiki before the panel so I was remembered as " the guy who knows everything about us", just because I knew Travis's middle name was Hampton. I thought it was just So odd that if you saw it you would remember it.
If anyone cares, Kai-V the Terrible and I are going to Anime North, for 2011. After all, 2012 is the end of the world, and all, so we better enjoy it while we can XD

I can't wait to take dozens of pictures with those crazy cosplayers Joyful_3 It'll be our first convention, too, so it'll be a nice experience.
(Aug. 29, 2010  11:57 PM)Dude Wrote: If anyone cares, Kai-V the Terrible and I are going to Anime North, for 2011. After all, 2012 is the end of the world, and all, so we better enjoy it while we can XD

When did she get this nickname, hah.

I'm probably going to AN 2011 too. As long as I don't spend too much money in the interval. *grumble* Meteo LDrago Ultimate Reshuffle *grumble*
Went to Anime North, Fanexpo 2009.
And planning to go to AN next year Grin
i went to the winnipeg anime convention

it was awesome
I went to my first one this year - Anime Evolution 2010. It was the highlight of my year thus far. I went as L - for lazy, hah. I should have spent more time on my cosplay.
(Aug. 30, 2010  12:07 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: When did she get this nickname, hah.

I found it quite fitting.
(Aug. 30, 2010  8:21 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2010  12:07 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: When did she get this nickname, hah.

I found it quite fitting.
HAHAHAHA
i only went once to one in toronto i was like ten ._.
dud just saying 2012 will not be the end of the world and anyhoo i plan on going to one as soon as it comes la
(Aug. 30, 2010  8:32 PM)Sagittario96 Wrote: dud just saying 2012 will not be the end of the world

It's satirical, of course. I am not one of those silly believers that the mayans could have predicted the end of the world but not the end of their own people.

Getting a little off subject, here. I sure hope that the guest voice actors for Anime North are going to be good and well-known ones like Johnny Yong Bosch, Wendee Lee, Karen Strassman, Yuri Lowenthall, Mona Marshall, Jamieson Price and othes.
(Aug. 30, 2010  9:14 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2010  8:32 PM)Sagittario96 Wrote: dud just saying 2012 will not be the end of the world

It's satirical, of course. I am not one of those silly believers that the mayans could have predicted the end of the world but not the end of their own people.

Getting a little off subject, here. I sure hope that the guest voice actors for Anime North are going to be good and well-known ones like Johnny Yong Bosch, Wendee Lee, Karen Strassman, Yuri Lowenthall, Mona Marshall, Jamieson Price and othes.

That's a dream panel, all is missing is Scott McNeil, Steven Blum, and Vic Mignogna.
I've been to three in my life. FanExpo 2009, Anime North 2010, and FanExpo 2010. FE 2010 was the worst of the three. But I had fun at all three.

I went to panels hosted by Crispin Freeman, Johnny Yong Bosch (I actually got him to autograph some PR stuff for me), and Aaron Dismuke. As I mentioned elsewhere, I did meet Jason Deline (Benkei in the dub of MFB), and that was pretty cool.
I'd have to say the coolest thing that happened for me was when I bumped in to Laura Bailey and had her convince my friend that she was the voice of kid Trunks. He was so skeptical and it was funny to see the light in his brain click on.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:23 PM)MorningMess Wrote: Loose threads are gna be the death of all cosplayers.. Did you buy your outfit online or something? It's really good to inspect your outfit and stuff before going to the Con. 0: I was thinking of holding probably a tournament at the New York Anime Festival this year, but I don't know who to consult to that works with bringing that Con together. Or can I just pick a spot somewhere and wait for people to meet up..? Ehh, I'll figure something out.

Bought. I wasn't sure about cosplaying that particular time, but then I got nudged into it. So I was too short on time to make one. The costume arrived two days before the Expo, and I was working extra shifts to save for the weekend.
I did give it an inspection, and it seemed ok, obviously it wasn't; not that I had the time to fix it up.