Confirmed cheating on the WBS

I'd be investigating the legitimacy of the fake account being used to cheat, not the blader who's cheating. Uncertain

I mean I've seen a few accounts around that have many losses but have hardly posted at all. Suspicious ne?
Wow, really? Why the heck would someone cheat in Bey?

Well I'd say we get video proof of matches with the bladers face. Or something lol.
lolz u don't have to see their faces, just a video would be enough to show that they are legit.
all you gotta do is see 2 arms on each launcher and a launch at the same time. i think it would take to much time for someone to fake matches by editing the videos a whole bunch to make it seem like 2 people x3
Yeah but some people could just get videos off youtube right? You'd have to have a piece of paper saying your usernames somewhere in ther video. XD

Anyways, a lot of people don't have cameras though. Or if they do they don't necessarily have video recording capability. Unhappy
ya x3
well then.....
i see no way of completely verifying everyone on the website.
you just have to hope most of em have cameras Uncertain
good thing my bro and i do ^.~
This bothers me that people would actually do things like this.

Beyblade isn't doing the greatest (aside from Japan, of course) and it really needs the support of people to keep it going. You would think anyone interested in beyblades would be more serious about keeping it going.

Instead, we get people who only care about the fame of 'Hey! Look at how high my score is!!!!!!' and decide that artificially inflating a number on the internet is 'cool'.

Now it's hard to keep that from happening, sure, there are members here that have been part of the community for years . We know they can be trusted, afterall, they've involved that much time into the community and become well known enough to be trusted by the many people who know them.
However the problem really comes in with the new users, it's not fair to doubt everyone that's new but you never really know if the person is serious about sticking to the rules.

I wish there was a way to 100% make sure nobody cheated, and it's all fair, but I suppose that's just a bit too difficult. Especially when we're a forum for users all over the world.
I had something really good too say and I just lost it >.>
But yeah, cheating just to raise your rank is just pathetic...I could see the reason if there was some kind of prize if you were top-ranked...but not if there was no prize for having that rank, it just ruins it for the people who SHOULD have been top-ranked Uncertain

I agree with what was earlier said about them only being submitted from tournaments...but I have no transportation and unless there was one at 'most' an hour away from my home I'd be unable to go cause my parents couldn't care less about the things I take pleasure in doing...

I just wish there was some kind of way to stop cheating all together...
It sucks,there always has to be a cheater Uncertain
This is an outrage. However, it was inveitable that this was going to happen somewhere down the line. these people need to grow up and cheating will be greatly shunned upon.
maybe if u make people able to say they loose or win only if they reached a certian amount of posts.cuz those who intered the site just to cheat and get points wont post a lot of comments,and who made two accounts wont reached the amount in both accounts.and if they reached by posting random things with both accounts we will notice that there is something wrong so we can ban them!?
wut do u think?
OMFG ChEaTiNg On A FrEe server lol low lifes
(Jan. 20, 2009  7:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: maybe if u make people able to say they loose or win only if they reached a certian amount of posts.cuz those who intered the site just to cheat and get points wont post a lot of comments,and who made two accounts wont reached the amount in both accounts.and if they reached by posting random things with both accounts we will notice that there is something wrong so we can ban them!?
wut do u think?

This doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. Maybe add to it that exceptions are with WBO tournament events? All other recorded beypoints, though, can't be recorded until you are atleast a 2 star.
Sounds good to me. Smile If people are genuinly interested in beyblades then it really shouldn't take long to get 2 stars.
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:33 PM)Rocky Wrote: Sounds good to me. Smile If people are genuinly interested in beyblades then it really shouldn't take long to get 2 stars.

You shot up to 6-stars right before my eyes. lol
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:36 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:33 PM)Rocky Wrote: Sounds good to me. Smile If people are genuinly interested in beyblades then it really shouldn't take long to get 2 stars.

I kinda scared myself. Pinching_eyes_2
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:39 PM)Rocky Wrote:

This is scary:
Rocky's Profile Wrote:1,463 (28.2 posts per day | 1.59 percent of total posts)
lol
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:32 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2009  7:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: maybe if u make people able to say they loose or win only if they reached a certian amount of posts.cuz those who intered the site just to cheat and get points wont post a lot of comments,and who made two accounts wont reached the amount in both accounts.and if they reached by posting random things with both accounts we will notice that there is something wrong so we can ban them!?
wut do u think?

This doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. Maybe add to it that exceptions are with WBO tournament events? All other recorded beypoints, though, can't be recorded until you are atleast a 2 star.
I was just thinking this, before i scrolled down and read it Smile
yeah post count should be used to gauge vailidity of account and battle system.

also I just thought of Medabots lol "this is a official sactioned robattle by me, mister referee"(or something to that effect). the wbo may require a third party to ref etc.

more than anything its just pathetic, I'm not surprised some cheat or will try, but really, if it makes them feel big on the internet then WTF. Im not sickened or nothing.

also, remember its an elo scoring system. be thankful for that choice. Wink good call brad
despite beypoints being artificially inflatted its not going to get very very high.
Brad, I already told you my suggestion a while ago.

I think that in terms of post count, maybe check the posts for post quality as well. I'm pretty sure Brad said (and does) reply to almost every post, so there's someone checking those posts. Some may post nonsense to get a higher post count, and there's no actual quality or anything that adds to discussion.

and also the medabots thing isn't a bad idea.. only that we'll need lots of refs in lots of places for lots of battles.
not exclusive refs, but wbo members that could act as ref. lol
Mr.Referee is awesome, but this guy from Zoids is cooler.

Honestly though, as a person who has yet to compete in any WBO battles. I have to say quality+quantity of posts should be a factor to wheither or not a person can use the system if this becomes even more of a problem.
(Jan. 20, 2009  10:39 PM)Rocky Wrote:

haha, I'm such a lazy poster I rarely do much posting, though I do like to browse the forums from time to time to see what's up. But I do agree with that posting suggestion...that the quality of the posts should be checked if you do end up having it that you have to at least have a certain amount of posts to participate...cause someone could just post pointless things in the forum to increase their post count @_@
WTH? To got banned again....ALREADY!
(Jan. 21, 2009  11:33 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: WTH? To got banned again....ALREADY!

Having two accounts and willfully pretending that they're unrelated is certainly against rules. He asked for his original account to be banned. If he wants to be unbanned, he should contact me about it.
Couldn't this "WTH" just make 2 more accouts though... Unhappy
oh yeah and you could let them on the WBS until they get 1 or over % warning
to has nothing to do with the WBS