Concerts, Performers, Shows & Whatever Else You Think I Missed

Let me start out by saying that I didn't have that high of expectations because the Manifesto Festival was free.
But it got awsome around 7:30-8pm and got better.

At first (6pm) I was underwelmed by the number of people and just watched the B-Boys break it down. Some were really good, but the difference was seeing it live made it better. I've reaffirmed that I want to learn to break.
Despite this I was ready to leave cuz I didn't know if Rascalz and K-Os were going to show bcuz one mc made it seem like things were winding down.
I was wrong.

I ran into a friend of mine and met her friends, who knew K-Os and Rascalz were coming later, so I hung out with them. Funny, I could have easily not seen her and missed out big time going home.

Rascalz were dope, especially DOPE when they performed their infamous track, "Northern Touch" with Kardinal Offishall, Choclair, Checkmate and Thrust. (well Im not really sure if everyone was there)
SEEEEEEn!!!!!!!!!!!!
then K-Os got on board for "Top of the World"
ILLLLLLL!!!!!!!
for me those two songs were the best of show

This dude Kamau did a the best acapella/spoken word I've ever heard, normally I don't like it at all. Some good quoteables, but I still forgot them );

Then Ethopian/Canadian rapper K'naan rocked out, while playing a hand drum. I knew he was good, but he is better than I gave him credit for.
Followed by K-Os having the last set. Very guitar heavy, he played with a live band. SIK
Inbetween sets the Djs kept it live.
ALL THAT wuz 4 FREEEH. I love my city and glad I went instead of moping at home or sum carp.
(Sep. 19, 2008  3:26 PM)Blue Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2008  1:57 PM)Sasch Wrote: i've been to this carp awesome festival:

www.forceattack.de

soooo great having been there.

that looks pretty raw to meSmile. I can't read it but its punk music mostly

Imma be checking this out this weekend. Big up for hiphop in canada.

Yes, it was Punk, Oi! and Ska music mostly. Even just the atmosphere there was simply great.