Computer viruses!

Poll: Have you ever goten a computer virus?

Yes
82.99%
No
17.01%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
Hello. This is a thread to disscuss about any computer viruses you have had or have, and about any dangerous sites you know of that contain viruses, to help other people reduce thier chances of getting viruses. Here is my stroy: I downloaded Roblox and my sisters computer started to go very slow. I thought it was spyware. Then, when scanning my sister's PC, it crashed and I saw the BSOD9Blue Screen Of Death).
Scary, huh?
So there you go!

P.S. I seached and did not find any threads that are the same/similar.
This thread makes me die of laughter. My mom got a virus today from trying to download a calendar XD Lesson of the day: don't download calendars.
(Aug. 04, 2011  1:46 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: This thread makes me die of laughter. My mom got a virus today from trying to download a calendar XD Lesson of the day: don't download calendars.
Do you know what website it was?
My (now definitely dead) ancient Dell Inspiron laptop B130 had viruses the last four years before I was locked down to it. Mcafee is the biggest pile of worthless Bull-Carp ever, I swear. It blocked half the images I looked at online for whatever reason. One day I gotten a Trojan somehow, completely missing it by a narrow margin, and the RUNDLL was whining about some explorer issues. The process executor blocked out the desktop until finally, an update Blackscreened (Choose OS to boot) it indefinitely.
McAfee Security is horrible. And I think my computer will soon be shot... I've had 2 Blue Screen in the past week, and I'm getting a bit worried.
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:32 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: My (now definitely dead) ancient Dell Inspiron laptop B130 had viruses the last four years before I was locked down to it. Mcafee is the biggest pile of worthless Bull-Carp ever, I swear. It blocked half the images I looked at online for whatever reason. One day I gotten a Trojan somehow, completely missing it by a narrow margin, and the RUNDLL was whining about some explorer issues. The process executor blocked out the desktop until finally, an update Blackscreened (Choose OS to boot) it indefinitely.

Wow, and dang, I have Mafee. I have killed like 1 computer by opening I message, and BOOOM! Virus! Also, I ALMOST killed my PC by going to google. Great, huh? Unhappy

By the way, R: have you downloaded anything? Try to find a virus by downloading AVG or Advast!
McAfee sucks. My mom's computer lost all of its files for some reason. They tried blaming it on me and this place Tired
This computer I'm typing on crashed for some unknown reason. Again, same blame Tired
DELL is far from the worst, or the best, computer company out there- but them putting Mcaffee as a default kills consumer (experts) persuasion for a purchase. To the ire that some people I know are too lazy to just switch the security instead of settling for a less computer.
I reccomend downloading AVG for detecting viruses, and Norton to remove them. But, thats only what a reccomend. Procceed carefully.
I reccomend downloading AVG for detecting viruses, and Norton to remove them. But, thats only what a reccomend. Procceed carefully.
Us mywot.com to see if a site has viruses.
I have both,but I use norton for my desktop and AVG for my Laptop Smile,not one crash yet.
Mac, all the way! I've never had a virus myself, nor do I plan on getting one. However, someone hacked into my moms email (Yahoo) and starting sending messages with linked websites to all of her contacts, saying it was her and she 'had tried this awesome site.' She had to get her account shut down, but we never found the person. If we did, we probably could have sued him and put him in jail.
Bro you're double posting like crazy Confused
I dont have the disc for AVG anymore.Unhappy
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:41 AM)Sparta Wrote: Mac, all the way! I've never had a virus myself, nor do I plan on getting one. However, someone hacked into my moms email (Yahoo) and starting sending messages with linked websites to all of her contacts, saying it was her and she 'had tried this awesome site.' She had to get her account shut down, but we never found the person. If we did, we probably could have sued him and put him in jail.

Yeah, but beware, there are viruses for Macs, do not be fooled....
BTW: Yes if you find him, contact me and we will get him, heehee, together.Tongue_out_wink Although, you might be able to find the foregn I.P .address and track the person down.
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:43 AM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: I dont have the disc for AVG anymore.Unhappy

You dont need to. Get the free version on line.
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:43 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Bro you're double posting like crazy Confused

Sorry, my moms computer!
Another virus I got: I was looking for a good Pokemon Crater substitute (back when it first shut down), and I stumbled across a website I believe was called 'Pokemon Black' (obviously before the actual Black came out). It gave me a virus Unhappy
Norton360 suckas!

It is amazing. Anyways, my lap has over 40 Viruses, don't really care. Don't watch TV Tokyo Online thru some website. Trojans, also watch-movies.net is bad.
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:46 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Norton360 suckas!

It is amazing. Anyways, my lap has over 40 Viruses, don't really care. Don't watch TV Tokyo Online thru some website. Trojans, also watch-movies.net is bad.
No, not really. They can remove viruses fine.
And yes, never trust them. Only trough YouTube. Safest way.
Norton in general is horrible, the free version of AVG is better than the paid version of that carp.
I have gotten some program called Kasperzky. This program is pretty good. Obviously better than Norton and McAfee, but still. It runs in the background, and it doesn't slow your computer down like Norton. I have no idea if that last part is good, but that's what the guy at Best Buy told us XD
Someone who runs a videogame site that I go to regularly, said his hard drive crashed after N360's second sweep or so. This was after getting a top-of-the-line brand. He was not the only one I've read complaints from, someone else actually said that SSD's might be the only remedy for the stress induced by 360.
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:48 AM)TriCat Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:46 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Norton360 suckas!

No, not really. They can remove viruses fine.
What the hell? I said that it was good, not bad. I said suckas like you guys have McAfee and I got Norton.

It doesn't suck if you don't get the pro version.
i know how the guy on the first post feals i got roblox twice and both times my computer got wormed and trogen horsed macafee sucks big time now i only go on roblox with my dads computer because its go a norton fire wall so if you dont have norton roblox is a no no unless you want a blue screen of death
also my moms old laptop got hacked and then wormed now its fried and shot it sucks i think its from google images because i look at beys and go to the websites