Competitive Ways To Counter 230...

I agree with McFrown. I reall isn't game breaking anymore. I think even Libra on a 230 track isn't so scary.
I really don't see the point in counters to 230 as general 145 stamina types can beat it anyway, and I thought both D125 and T125 had use in Attack and Stamina customs?

MF-H Gravity Perseus (Wings in line with Defence Mode, Left Spin Counter) R145R2F achieves a decent WR against 230. Can someone test this to clarify?
that;s all known, but what did D/T125 have to do with anything?
Oops, little late then :"(

I've found that D125, in particular, had exceptional stamina properties, atleast from what Chipz told me.

Can someone try a D125 Vs. 85? Also, if it can beat a 230 I'm satisfied.
(Jan. 13, 2011  3:07 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I mean, if you create a combo solely to defeat 230, all other combos, i.e, MF Earth Bull GB145RS end up being unbeatable.

If you create a combo that's so incredibly niche, it's gotten you nowhere in a competitive sense, since you never know what your opponent is using.

That makes no sense at all. There is no correlation between what you're saying. You don't need a niche combo to defeat MF Earth Bull GB145RS and that's why there isn't one.
(Jan. 14, 2011  3:39 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2011  3:07 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I mean, if you create a combo solely to defeat 230, all other combos, i.e, MF Earth Bull GB145RS end up being unbeatable.

If you create a combo that's so incredibly niche, it's gotten you nowhere in a competitive sense, since you never know what your opponent is using.

That makes no sense at all. There is no correlation between what you're saying. You don't need a niche combo to defeat MF Earth Bull GB145RS and that's why there isn't one.

That's not what he's saying. The point he is making is that if you focus too much on countering 230-based customisations, then your niche, counter Bey will probably be unable to KO traditional Defense types such as MF Earth Bull GB145RS.

However, I think that that situation is beneficial to the metagame. Being in these sorts of situations and dilemmas call for decisions, which is really the point of the Beyblade hobby anyway.
Hell Kerbecs 145 (and variants) RF kills anything on the 230 height. However, it can't defeat anything else, as stated above, which is a problem.
I agree with Dan. You should unban the Libra wheel but still prohibit it's use defensively.
_______________________________________________________________________________________ This may seem far-fetched, but has anyone tried the 85 track? Maybe we need to go lower. An attack (or destabilizer) with an 85 track can hit super-low on the 230 track. Like hitting the bottom of a soccer ball, the ball goes up or it spins toward the contact point. I don't have an 85 track, but I suggest it be used with Vulcan or LL-Drago...It should tilt the bey so much that it does epic damage to the spin rate of the 230. I've seen 230 work, and it seems that when it tilts enough it completely depletes its spin to null.
It's been tested and doesn't work.
I personally don't have a 230 yet, but I do think that Leone would do quite well. It's smash strikes upwards, and cause bey's to lose balance.
So a combo like MF Leone 145 RF would probably do some damage.
(Jan. 14, 2011  4:10 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2011  3:39 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

That's not what he's saying. The point he is making is that if you focus too much on countering 230-based customisations, then your niche, counter Bey will probably be unable to KO traditional Defense types such as MF Earth Bull GB145RS.

Considering I suggested a combo that is only made to counter 230 combos so what? It's obviously not gonna work that well against other because there's no reason for it to.
@ ultrablader- but that's unreliable in a tournament situation, which is what we're trying to achieve here- adjustment.
There is a reason, not every single person is going to use 230 as a defense track. Several reasons why-
They don't have it
Personal preference
They know that there are combos out there that are made just to counter 230, so they decide to give it a pass. Okiblaze's post is a perfect example of this.
May CH120 do well?
I thought that CH120 can change height between 120 and 145,
so ,while it can counter 230, it can also beat other defense combos which are NOT in 230 height.
Yes,we know that lightning l drago ch120 rf is the safest option currently available as it defeats 145 or 230 based opponents
(Jan. 15, 2011  12:55 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: @ ultrablader- but that's unreliable in a tournament situation, which is what we're trying to achieve here- adjustment.
There is a reason, not every single person is going to use 230 as a defense track. Several reasons why-
They don't have it
Personal preference
They know that there are combos out there that are made just to counter 230, so they decide to give it a pass. Okiblaze's post is a perfect example of this.

Sorry didn't know this was for tourneys. Didn't really read the OP for more than 5 secs.
I guess this thread can be closed then... now that there are some solid attack combos with a good win rate against 145 and 230 based defenders...
dont if this was mentioned before but
i read a thread somewhere on WBO
MF Galaxy Pegasis 145R2F???
It may be in parts testing thread
ya they tested it proved to be bad
Quote: I really don't think that 230 is all that much of a threat in a competitive scene that we need a new thread just for ways to beat it, but rather, I do agree that is is game breaking. I also love how everyone dissed it, and now those few people are worshipping it, hah.

It feels wierd typing in third person, hah. Chipz suggested T125 as a stamina track, but I remember everyone said it was mediocre?
(Jan. 16, 2011  11:57 AM)milkychipz Wrote: It feels wierd typing in third person, hah. Chipz suggested T125 as a stamina track, but I remember everyone said it was mediocre?

How does this have anything to do with the thread? Also, T125 is outclassed by 230, 145 and LTSC's...
You can take it out with a pre-HWS attack wheel, a wide/large track (I.E. H145, r145) and a rubber attack bottom. Use sliding shot and it should grind it down enough to get the wheel to hit the stadium.
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:49 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You can take it out with a pre-HWS attack wheel, a wide/large track (I.E. H145, r145) and a rubber attack bottom. Use sliding shot and it should grind it down enough to get the wheel to hit the stadium.

Can you provide test results pleaze? thnx.
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:50 AM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:49 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You can take it out with a pre-HWS attack wheel, a wide/large track (I.E. H145, r145) and a rubber attack bottom. Use sliding shot and it should grind it down enough to get the wheel to hit the stadium.

Can you provide test results pleaze? thnx.
Not really because I don't have anyone to play against. It's really best tested with another player because before the 230 bey moves into the center, the counter bey can knock it around, delaying the time it takes to get comfortable.

I played against it earlier today with bladersnowkid and ikmv.
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:56 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Not really because I don't have anyone to play against. It's really best tested with another player because before the 230 bey moves into the center, the counter bey can knock it around, delaying the time it takes to get comfortable.

You can test it yourself...
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:56 AM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2011  5:56 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Not really because I don't have anyone to play against. It's really best tested with another player because before the 230 bey moves into the center, the counter bey can knock it around, delaying the time it takes to get comfortable.

You can test it yourself...
It won't work the same. If I test it by myself, my combo will win more than it should.