Competitive Sparking beys

(May. 28, 2020  3:49 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  3:47 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: We can agree on one thing that Drago isn't very reliable XD.

He is still awesome.

(May. 28, 2020  3:39 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Then Xtend+ is fine. Do attack mode.

I'll do defense.
I'm pretty sure you're joking.
(May. 28, 2020  3:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  3:49 PM)g2_ Wrote: He is still awesome.

I'll do defense.
I'm pretty sure you're joking.

I'm not. Defense mode has a better flower pattern and lad.
(May. 28, 2020  4:02 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  3:51 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: I'm pretty sure you're joking.

I'm not. Defense mode has a better flower pattern and lad.

Okay, never knew that.
(May. 28, 2020  4:03 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  4:02 PM)g2_ Wrote: I'm not. Defense mode has a better flower pattern and lad.

Okay, never knew that.
So I'll do Brave Valkyrie Wheel Xtend+ 1S vs Lord Spriggan 0Wall Bearing.
(May. 28, 2020  4:30 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 27, 2020  3:33 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: No no i don't think it sucks, i just say that the rubber on Brave obscures its burst potential. To me, Brave is AWESOMELY AWESOME at over-finishes but absolutely unreliable if you want to create an attack combo with burst-finishes as your main goal.

This sounds like the results I got when I first did testing on Slash. Burst risk aside (which is really the biggest reason why Slash never saw good use), it does have a lot of KO power to it, and I could get a positive winrate against stock Archer Hercules with it even counting the bursts. Unsurprising that Brave would follow this trend.

Really I think the issue is that the wider beys just don't have the same sharp angles that previous Valkyrie incarnations had, and it holds them back a little from being able to cause bursts. Even then this solid shape combines with 2A for some powerful KOs on traditional attack combos or works like something more akin to a right spin equalizer with some striking power in same spin. Really curious to see how it'll pan out in tournaments in those roles.

Absolute truth, right there. Nothing could save Slash from being left to a side. Swapping the gt chip with a Diabolos I and giving it a dash driver is what anybody can do to try improving it (Power driver has a very strong spring, so any dash driver wouldn't really help enhancing its burst resistance). For a total of 22-23 grams for the complete layer, even then that chip only has 2 teeth. The real issue with Slash is the fact that (UNFORTUNATELY) it was the first gt release. Winning Valkyrie also was among the 3 chozetsu starters, the weight differences with the other beys were really small so that wasn't a big problem. Gt series brought beys to a completely different level, in terms of weight. Slash paid a huge price being the very first gt release, it weighs around 9 grams (my 3rd mold Victory Valkyrie weighs 9.2 grams!). With the beys getting heavier and heavier, Slash's fate was already written: a huge fail.
(May. 28, 2020  7:01 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  4:30 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: This sounds like the results I got when I first did testing on Slash. Burst risk aside (which is really the biggest reason why Slash never saw good use), it does have a lot of KO power to it, and I could get a positive winrate against stock Archer Hercules with it even counting the bursts. Unsurprising that Brave would follow this trend.

Really I think the issue is that the wider beys just don't have the same sharp angles that previous Valkyrie incarnations had, and it holds them back a little from being able to cause bursts. Even then this solid shape combines with 2A for some powerful KOs on traditional attack combos or works like something more akin to a right spin equalizer with some striking power in same spin. Really curious to see how it'll pan out in tournaments in those roles.

Absolute truth, right there. Nothing could save Slash from being left to a side. Swapping the gt chip with a Diabolos I and giving it a dash driver is what anybody can do to try improving it (Power driver has a very strong spring, so any dash driver wouldn't really help enhancing its burst resistance). For a total of 22-23 grams for the complete layer, even then that chip only has 2 teeth. The real issue with Slash is the fact that (UNFORTUNATELY) it was the first gt release. Winning Valkyrie also was among the 3 chozetsu starters, the weight differences with the other beys were really small so that wasn't a big problem. Gt series brought beys to a completely different level, in terms of weight. Slash paid a huge price being the very first gt release, it weighs around 9 grams (my 3rd mold Victory Valkyrie weighs 9.2 grams!). With the beys getting heavier and heavier, Slash's fate was already written: a huge fail.
First releases are always bad, God Valkyrie, Kreis Satan, Blaze Ragnaruk compare them to Spriggan Requiem, Nightmare Longinus and Sieg Xcalibur.
(May. 28, 2020  7:04 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  7:01 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Absolute truth, right there. Nothing could save Slash from being left to a side. Swapping the gt chip with a Diabolos I and giving it a dash driver is what anybody can do to try improving it (Power driver has a very strong spring, so any dash driver wouldn't really help enhancing its burst resistance). For a total of 22-23 grams for the complete layer, even then that chip only has 2 teeth. The real issue with Slash is the fact that (UNFORTUNATELY) it was the first gt release. Winning Valkyrie also was among the 3 chozetsu starters, the weight differences with the other beys were really small so that wasn't a big problem. Gt series brought beys to a completely different level, in terms of weight. Slash paid a huge price being the very first gt release, it weighs around 9 grams (my 3rd mold Victory Valkyrie weighs 9.2 grams!). With the beys getting heavier and heavier, Slash's fate was already written: a huge fail.
First releases are always bad, God Valkyrie, Kreis Satan, Blaze Ragnaruk compare them to Spriggan Requiem, Nightmare Longinus and Sieg Xcalibur.

But now Super Hyperion exists, and that seems to have value.
(May. 28, 2020  9:45 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  7:04 PM)g2_ Wrote: First releases are always bad, God Valkyrie, Kreis Satan, Blaze Ragnaruk compare them to Spriggan Requiem, Nightmare Longinus and Sieg Xcalibur.

But now Super Hyperion exists, and that seems to have value.
Brave Valkyrie too, and Maybe Glide Ragnaruk.
(May. 28, 2020  10:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  9:45 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: But now Super Hyperion exists, and that seems to have value.
Brave Valkyrie too, and Maybe Glide Ragnaruk.

Glide is mostly for Wheel tbh.
(May. 28, 2020  10:19 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 28, 2020  10:06 PM)g2_ Wrote: Brave Valkyrie too, and Maybe Glide Ragnaruk.

Glide is mostly for Wheel tbh.
And 1S.
(May. 28, 2020  7:01 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Winning Valkyrie also was among the 3 chozetsu starters, the weight differences with the other beys were really small so that wasn't a big problem. Gt series brought beys to a completely different level, in terms of weight.

Winning Valkyrie had a pretty small size compared to a lot of other Cho-Z layers, and far steeper contacts than most other Valkyries, and that is what aided it the most. The fact that it was the heaviest layer on release (excluding Nightmare Longinus for obvious reasons) helped for a while, but its shape is still probably one of the strongest we've seen out of the Valkyrie line to date, though still struggled against the defensively powerful behemoths of Cho-Z.

The light weight hinders Slash, yes, but the greater issue with Slash isn't a lack of weight but an inability to handle its own recoil, which is caused mostly by its less forgiving angles and wide shape (which was the bane of both Trident layers as well to a fair degree). If it was weight alone then layers like Ace and Bushin should be bursting just as much due to their similarly low weight, and yet they're not even in the same ballpark of bad burst resistance despite having fairly mediocre shapes. In the end it boils down to Slash having a shape that hits far harder than the layer can handle no matter what chip you give it. Even if it weighed as much as a higher end GT base it'd have bursting issues, and I really don't see the issue being fixed with any sane amount of weight being added to Slash.

Brave's shape is a bit more reminiscent of Slash, but the chassis and chip can actually pull it tight enough to make it pretty darned tough. I think even top tier layers like Judgement and Imperial will have a tough time cracking this one.
(May. 24, 2020  10:23 PM)g2_ Wrote: Based on my testing:
Super Hyperion: Outclasses Zwei for KO attacker, on par with Judgement. A must have.
1A: Great with Super.
Xceed: Not as good as Quick' and Xtreme'.

King Helios: Terrible.
1B: Ok.
Zone: WTF?

Glide Ragnaruk: Great stamina with bad burst resistance, competitive against opposite spin defense types. 
1S: best single chassis, a must have. 
Wheel: Amazing weight and Stamina, a must have. 
Revolve: Outclassed. 

Curse Satan: Outclassed by Lord and Master. 
1D: Terrible. 
Hurricane: Horrible. 
Universe: Decent. 

Brave Valkyrie: Horrible recoil because of the small wings. Rubber is too hard to be effective. Horrible. 
2A: 1A is better . 
Evolution': Ok.

Final thoughts: Stay away from Valkyrie and Helios.

Highly biased opinion for Brave Valkyrie. This is to inform not about ur opinion. Also Brave Valkyrie is insanely strong since it has rubber that creates friction to opposing beys (same gimmick as judgment) also does not have as much recoil which makes it a good opinion for attack types. Also has good ko and burst potential. 2A is more for rubber attack which does cause some recoil but insanely powerful. Evolution is probably not as competitive. Xceed deserves more praise since its bacically destroy+xtreme. Also it does have good stamina for a rubber tip. Also just to add on, why are u rambling on how brave has so much recoil when judgment is bacically the king of recoil?
(May. 29, 2020  8:25 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(May. 24, 2020  10:23 PM)g2_ Wrote: Based on my testing:
Super Hyperion: Outclasses Zwei for KO attacker, on par with Judgement. A must have.
1A: Great with Super.
Xceed: Not as good as Quick' and Xtreme'.

King Helios: Terrible.
1B: Ok.
Zone: WTF?

Glide Ragnaruk: Great stamina with bad burst resistance, competitive against opposite spin defense types. 
1S: best single chassis, a must have. 
Wheel: Amazing weight and Stamina, a must have. 
Revolve: Outclassed. 

Curse Satan: Outclassed by Lord and Master. 
1D: Terrible. 
Hurricane: Horrible. 
Universe: Decent. 

Brave Valkyrie: Horrible recoil because of the small wings. Rubber is too hard to be effective. Horrible. 
2A: 1A is better . 
Evolution': Ok.

Final thoughts: Stay away from Valkyrie and Helios.

Highly biased opinion for Brave Valkyrie. This is to inform not about ur opinion. Also Brave Valkyrie is insanely strong since it has rubber that creates friction to opposing beys (same gimmick as judgment) also does not have as much recoil which makes it a good opinion for attack types. Also has good ko and burst potential. 2A is more for rubber attack which does cause some recoil but insanely powerful. Evolution is probably not as competitive. Xceed deserves more praise since its bacically destroy+xtreme. Also it does have good stamina for a rubber tip. Also just to add on, why are u rambling on how brave has so much recoil when judgment is bacically the king of recoil?
Not saying its bad, but there's no reason to use it with Judgement existing.
(May. 29, 2020  10:02 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 29, 2020  8:25 AM)Orpheus Wrote: Highly biased opinion for Brave Valkyrie. This is to inform not about ur opinion. Also Brave Valkyrie is insanely strong since it has rubber that creates friction to opposing beys (same gimmick as judgment) also does not have as much recoil which makes it a good opinion for attack types. Also has good ko and burst potential. 2A is more for rubber attack which does cause some recoil but insanely powerful. Evolution is probably not as competitive. Xceed deserves more praise since its bacically destroy+xtreme. Also it does have good stamina for a rubber tip. Also just to add on, why are u rambling on how brave has so much recoil when judgment is bacically the king of recoil?
Not saying its bad, but there's no reason to use it with Judgement existing.
Did You even read what I said?
(May. 29, 2020  11:35 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(May. 29, 2020  10:02 AM)g2_ Wrote: Not saying its bad, but there's no reason to use it with Judgement existing.
Did You even read what I said?

dude let it be the issue was resolved yesterday itself.. no point in dragging it further...
(May. 29, 2020  11:37 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(May. 29, 2020  11:35 AM)Orpheus Wrote: Did You even read what I said?

dude let it be the issue was resolved yesterday itself.. no point in dragging it further...
Yeah, I shall make some testing.
(May. 29, 2020  11:37 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(May. 29, 2020  11:35 AM)Orpheus Wrote: Did You even read what I said?

Wasent online yesterday, thx for letting me know.