Competitive Burst Limited Customizations

Competitive Burst Limited Customizations
(Last Updated August 2, 2023)

With the last of Hasbro's Burst Beyblades releasing, I thought it was a good time to make a new competitive Burst Limited combo list, now that the parts pool is set in stone. The formatting of this thread is based on the Wombat "Competitive Burst Classic Customizations" thread. Furthermore, the list was compiled based on the banlist as of writing, with no Ranked Clauses active.

Note: Generally speaking, within one category and brand, combos are listed from best to worst, and within one combo "line" parts are listed from best to worst. For example:
Burst Limited Competitive Combos List Wrote:Attack
Takara Tomy
  • Nightmare Longinus Expand/Turn Xtreme’/Quick’
  • Buster Xcalibur 0/00Expand/Dagger Xtreme’/Quick’
suggests that the Nightmare Longinus combo outperforms the Buster Xcalibur combo, and that Expand is the optimal Frame for both setups.

Attack

Attack
Takara Tomy
  • Nightmare Longinus Expand/Turn Xtreme’/Quick’
  • Buster Xcalibur 0/00Dagger Xtreme’/Quick’
  • Twin Nemesis Wheel-SP Xtreme’/Destroy’
  • Hazard Kerbeus Wheel-SP Xtreme’/Destroy’
  • Bloody Longinus Wheel-SP Xtreme’
Hasbro
  • Xiphoid Dragon D8/Xcalius X8/Balderov B7 Twist-Q/Over-Q Xtreme/Hunter-S/Keep-S-Greatest Armor (G13)
  • Luinor L3 Expand/Turn Xtreme
  • Salvage Dragon D8/Xcalius X8/Balderov B7 Twist-Q/Over-Q Xtreme/Hunter-S/Keep-S-Greatest Armor (G13)
  • Xiphoid Dragon D8/Xcalius X8/Balderov B7 Nexus-Q+S Gear Hunter-S-Greatest Armor (G13)
  • Salvage Dragon D8/Xcalius X8/Balderov B7 Nexus-Q+S Gear Hunter-S-Greatest Armor (G13)

Defense

Defense
Takara Tomy
  • Alter Chronos Wheel-SP Atomic’
Hasbro
  • Chain Evo Belfyre B7/Perseus P7/Dragon D8/Pandemonium P8 Tapered-Q/Over-Q Unite-4/4’/10/10’/0/3
  • Monster Achilles A5/Evo Genesis G5 Wheel-SP/0Expand Unite/Atomic/Atomic-S

Stamina (Both Spin)
Takara Tomy
  • Geist Fafnir Wheel-SP/Tapered-Q Bearing Drift/Drift/Destroy’
  • Grand Dragon 2 Wheel-SP Bearing Drift/Drift Gen
  • Galaxy Zeus Wheel-SP Bearing Drift/Drift/Atomic’/Revolve’
Hasbro
  • Whirl Evo Belfyre B7/Perseus P7/Dragon D8/Pandemonium P8 Tapered-Q/Over-Q Bearing-4/4’/10/10’/0/3
  • Twister Evo Belfyre B7/Perseus P7/Dragon D8/Pandemonium P8 Tapered-Q/Over-Q Bearing-4/4’/10/10’/0/3

Stamina (Same Spin)
Takara Tomy
  • Flame Sagittario Wheel-SP/0Expand Wave’/High Wave’/Revolve’
  • Arc Bahamut 00Cross/Wheel-SP Atomic’/Revolve’/Bearing Drift
  • Deep Chaos Wheel-SP Atomic’/Orbit/Revolve’
Hasbro
  • Gambit Evo Belfyre B7/Perseus P7/Dragon D8/Pandemonium P8 Tapered-Q/Over-Q Assault-Q/Edge-Q/Orbit-Q+Kick/Revolve-4/4’/10/10’/0/3
  • Triumph Dragon D6 Wheel-SP Assault-Q/Edge-Q/Orbit-Q+Kick
  • Fierce Helios H8 Tapered-Q Assault-Q/Edge-Q/Orbit-Q+Kick-4/4’/10/10’/0/3
  • Deep Caynox Wheel-SP Atomic/Orbit/Revolve
  • Tide Treptune T3 Wheel-SP Atomic/Orbit/Revolve

Stamina (Opposite Spin)
Takara Tomy
  • Drain Fafnir Wheel-SP/0Cross Bearing’/Bearing Drift/Drift
  • Blaze Ragnaruk 0Cross Drift
  • Alter Chronos Wheel-SP Bearing Drift
Hasbro
  • Fafnir F3 Wheel-SP/0Cross Bearing/Mobius-SP

Balance

Anti-Attack
Takara Tomy
  • Bloody Longinus Generate/Shot
Hasbro
bR? gZ? aC? Is Burst Limited healing??? Joking aside, if I remember, wasn't Angle a good frame on Nightmare as well? Other than that, this list looks incredibly solid!
I don’t really know a lot about limited format. The only combo I ever made for limited is Drain Fafnir F3 00 Cross Atomic.
Woah this is awesome! Could we see the competitive combos with other discs? Like Geist Fafnir with 00, 0, 7, and/or 10 from anybody? I don't have wheel or tapere HS yet.
(Aug. 21, 2023  9:20 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Woah this is awesome! Could we see the competitive combos with other discs? Like Geist Fafnir with 00, 0, 7, and/or 10 from anybody? I don't have wheel or tapere HS yet.

I'd suggest maybe 0/7/10 on Expand or Proof.
(Aug. 05, 2023  5:29 PM)greg8972 Wrote: bR? gZ? aC? Is Burst Limited healing??? Joking aside, if I remember, wasn't Angle a good frame on Nightmare as well? Other than that, this list looks incredibly solid!

I'm late, but Angle was used to tighten the Burst Resistance on both brands of Nightmare. But ever since the screw tightening trick was discovered (and remains legal), there isn't as much of a need for Angle.
KIO how does the nightmare screw tightening trick work? Also can u send a screenshot of what screws are involved if you can?
(Aug. 26, 2023  10:22 PM)lil-iz Wrote: KIO how does the nightmare screw tightening trick work? Also can u send a screenshot of what screws are involved if you can?

You're supposed to tighten the screws on the underside of the layer, which makes the movement of the dragon heads (and thus the teeth) tighter. I don't personally like it because it over torques the screws and potentially damages the Layer in on the long run.