Competitive Balance Tuning

Hope this finds everyone safe and well. 
Just saw a nice video on Beyblade balance tuning both for stamina and attack types.
Sounds very interesting and effective given the physics involved. Has any one done this and seen a difference in competitions versus not balance tuning?
Thanks again!
(Apr. 11, 2020  3:48 AM)Top_Doc Wrote: Hope this finds everyone safe and well. 
Just saw a nice video on Beyblade balance tuning both for stamina and attack types.
Sounds very interesting and effective given the physics involved. Has any one done this and seen a difference in competitions versus not balance tuning?
Thanks again!

Yeah it's a real thing. Very tiresome/redundant, but worth it if you really want to win. I don't think people do it for attack types; it's more of a stamina/equalizer thing.
I don't really know what Balance tuning is, but it sounds strong, what is it?
(Apr. 11, 2020  5:01 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: I don't really know what Balance tuning is, but it sounds strong, what is it?

It's a method that allows you to make combos more stable. Think of it like tuning an instrument. The process involves testing the orientation of every part and knowing which parts mix together well in general. It's mainly used for combos that use plastic Drivers, but most commonly Stamina combos.
I find it to mostly affect same spin stamina matches, especially if you go up against a very similar combo.

It wont affect opposite spin LAD matches as much.
Yeah, an example of this was 11:56 from RED NINJA 0829’s video of Lookin For Beys Part 2, where I was able to win a mirror match against DreadAqua, which was between two LC Perfect Phoenix 00C Xt+s, because my combo was better balanced than his. (Link To Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6aPSwXUw0)
(Apr. 11, 2020  11:05 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I find it to mostly affect same spin stamina matches, especially if you go up against a very similar combo.

I thought this affected LAD and precession time? At the very least, Bearing combos are affected in opposite spin.
(Apr. 11, 2020  1:42 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2020  11:05 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I find it to mostly affect same spin stamina matches, especially if you go up against a very similar combo.

I thought this affected LAD and precession time? At the very least, Bearing combos are affected in opposite spin.

Opposite spin still relies mainly on the whole combo's LAD. The difference between a balance tuned 0 disc and another random 0 disc, for example, is extremely small and not enough to make a noticable difference in opposite spin matches.
(Apr. 11, 2020  8:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2020  5:01 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: I don't really know what Balance tuning is, but it sounds strong, what is it?

It's a method that allows you to make combos more stable. Think of it like tuning an instrument. The process involves testing the orientation of every part and knowing which parts mix together well in general. It's mainly used for combos that use plastic Drivers, but most commonly Stamina combos.

But how do you do it?
(Apr. 11, 2020  6:05 PM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2020  8:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It's a method that allows you to make combos more stable. Think of it like tuning an instrument. The process involves testing the orientation of every part and knowing which parts mix together well in general. It's mainly used for combos that use plastic Drivers, but most commonly Stamina combos.

But how do you do it?

I see, thanks. Great discussion!
Yes it appears it’s for stamina defense combos but for attack I noticed that sometimes the attack pattern wasn’t as “aggressive” as other times.
here’s a link to the above posts who were asking about the whole process: https://youtu.be/HzsNpYDKsmE

For attack types there are certain part alignments that will give the most “unbalanced” setup in theory giving the better more attack power.
Granted more attack generally means less stamina but then a spin time test was performed to see which of the setups had a longer spin time. Granted the amount of combinations comes out to about 32; a lot of time involved.
Anybody try a balanced attack type, like a judgement setup, in competition and noticed a difference?
Just wanted to add another link for a very good balance tuning video/tutorial.

https://youtu.be/HzsNpYDKsmE
Great thanks! This will help with my Pp tune 😁