Clubbing

(Apr. 05, 2009  7:29 PM)pegasis Wrote: and its also harmful. why drink when you can have other tasty beverages?

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/college/a...050321.htm
http://www.shesinrecovery.com/addiction/...fects.html

and khel. no prob.

Dude, that's like the extreme. I don't think there's anything wrong if people choose to have one small glass of red wine at a party or dinner like once a month. It's called moderation.
Just saying...
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:37 PM)Khel Wrote: While I realize drinking is against your faith (and I respect that), people have a choice to do so. We don't need you to remind us about the harmful effects of alcohol. It comes off as patronizing.
i was just trying to help... anyway sorry if you didnt like this!
Oddly relevant.

One of my co-workers was about 2 hours late for work today, turns out he got so unbelievably hammered last night and basically passed out, then woke up with the mother of all hangovers.
He spent the entire day muttering about how his "brain feels like its trying to rip my skull apart" and how he wanted to die.

I thankfully have a pretty good tolerance for alcohol, and have never experienced a hangover, even after the really wild nights.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:37 PM)Aqua Wrote: Dude, that's like the extreme.
i cant see this written anywhere! maybe in the first link. but the second... i believe that its harmful for body even if it was drunk once in all your life.
again (no offense)
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: i cant see this written anywhere! maybe in the first link. but the second... i believe that its harmful for body even if it was drunk once in all your life.
again (no offense)

none taken (I'm like Giga Cool )

Obviously it can be harmful to your body if you get drunk which is why people drink in moderation.
I've heard red wine in moderation is actually proven to be good for you.
Pegasis, stop preaching.
I'm staying out of all of this...

I don't drink. I hate alcohol.

And I don't see how this isn't against the rules

"PROHIBITED TOPICS

The following is not permitted in the WBO community:

Racist, homophobic or otherwise discrminatory language
Profanity (we'll just replace it with "carp")
Political discussion
Religious discussion
Sexual discussion
Discussion of drugs and other illegal activity"

This is a forum for a children's game. Alcohol is illegal for children. If my topic got closed for the same thing, then this should too. Or at least quit the discussion of alcohol.
except not every member here is a child, and the ones discussing it aren't children?

stop trying to play moderator. if you think something's against the rules, report it, don't start something in the thread.

that being said, i don't think an in-depth discussion of alcohol is a great idea on this board.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: i cant see this written anywhere! maybe in the first link. but the second... i believe that its harmful for body even if it was drunk once in all your life.
again (no offense)

coca cola is probably more harmful for your body than beer (both in moderation ofc)

evan: i'm sure brad meant illegal drugs
random fact: when i was out bowling when i was around five years old, my mom had ordered me a root beer to drink. only, my mother being the amazing individual that she is, mistakenly grabbed some dude's beer and gave it to me.

oh, memories.
(Apr. 05, 2009  6:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: It's mad boring. Uncertain

The new york came out.
"How old are you?"
*matter-of-factly* "25"
*looks at ID, which clearly states 24* "Alright, go in"
B)

OK, so for those who do go, why do you go? Is it purely a social place to hang with friends, or do you have your own agenda going on?
(Apr. 06, 2009  2:42 AM)Ominous Wrote: "How old are you?"
*matter-of-factly* "25"
*looks at ID, which clearly states 24* "Alright, go in"
B)

OK, so for those who do go, why do you go? Is it purely a social place to hang with friends, or do you have your own agenda going on?

It depends really? Sometimes I just want to go with friends to socialize. Many other times my intentions are not so pure. This coming Thursday shall be the second one.
(Apr. 06, 2009  4:09 AM)Ominous Wrote: Nice.

Have you had any success with that?

Not to the degree I like. I've gotten a few numbers however carp never takes off after that.
(Apr. 05, 2009  8:55 PM)Maz Wrote: The new york came out.
I've been spending too much time in brooklyn