Clubbing

Anyone here go to clubs regularly? Might be to young of a crowd but i know there are quite a few of us here at least older than me. So where do you guys like to go?
I go now and then, I'm going tonight actually.
I do really enjoy it though, I like the Atmosphere It's pretty good at the place I go. (Drinks are well cheap on a friday as well Wink )
I'm 'too young' technically, and I prefer the idea of hanging out other places such as parks where you can laze around. I'm not a massive fan of "clubs" or whatever...

I don't mind parties at friends' houses though, they're always fun.
I'm half-surprised I didn't start this thread, but then I realized long ago the kind of forums that these are.

I suppose I'd consider myself a veteran of the scene?

I have two main purposes for going. Primarily it's a social outing where you can be 'glamorous' with friends, but I will go for personal purposes now and then.
Toronto has a bunch of clubs, I go with friends when I can. Guverment, Circa etc etc.

Montreal is still the place to be in Canada for the club-scene.
There are 'Kids Club'. Well to me 'Kids Club' is basically like a Arcade Uncertain. My sisters and brothers always go clubbing on a friday. (But they dont drink XD)
Circa and Muzik are generally running all the other ones out of business.

Republik was the old hangout that started it all for my friends and I, and that sadly kicked the bucket.
My good friends family owns Rasputin in Brooklyn so thats the place to be if i dont feel like spending money.
(Apr. 03, 2009  7:34 PM)Ominous Wrote: Circa and Muzik are generally running all the other ones out of business.

Republik was the old hangout that started it all for my friends and I, and that sadly kicked the bucket.

Muzik is pretty nice. Haven't been there in ages though.
yeah, i go clubbing, though the club scene is alot smaller in norway lol

btw, when norwegian students graduate high school, they become something called "russ", where they party non stop for a month in a bus..carp it's to hard to explain..i'll just copy paste a definition:

Quote:Sometimes several people join together to buy a Russ car, or even a Russ bus, in their respective Russ colour. (This practice is more common in the more densely populated areas, such as larger cities and suburbs.) In the Russ vehicle, modern tradition requires an expensive stereo, bus sweaters, bus lighters, bus caps and a bus song, and also some sort of theme for the interior. Such buses are a large financial burden, a contribution of up to $6.000 per member has occurred.

i'm on a bus with 25 of my friends. it's pretty much going to be a nightclub in bus-form haha. going to be carp carp awesome, we've spent 700,000 NOK on it (110 000 USD). its pretty much a norwegian version of spring break, only in a much larger scale. starts on april 23 and ends on may 17, dont expect me to come here during that time lol

btw some of the busses are completly carp insane. one bus last year spent 2,4 million NOK (400 000 USD) on it, here's some pics of how it looked:
[Image: n584240181_2945995_8917.jpg]
[Image: n508443008_767897_4.jpg]
(Apr. 03, 2009  8:24 PM)SK Wrote: yeah, i go clubbing, though the club scene is alot smaller in norway lol

btw, when norwegian students graduate high school, they become something called "russ", where they party non stop for a month in a bus..carp it's to hard to explain..i'll just copy paste a definition:

i'm on a bus with 25 of my friends. it's pretty much going to be a nightclub in bus-form haha. going to be carp carp awesome, we've spent 700,000 NOK on it (11000 USD). its pretty much a norwegian version of spring break, only in a much larger scale. starts on april 23 and ends on may 17, dont expect me to come here during that time lol

That's insane! So guys just go nuts in there? I have never heard of this before. XD
(Apr. 03, 2009  8:28 PM)Khel Wrote: That's insane! So guys just go nuts in there? I have never heard of this before. XD

yeah haha, its a norway-only thing lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMuZ6ULMb...re=related

btw the stereo we have for our buss is so loud that if you play it on the loudest setting, and stand right next to it for 10 seconds, you will go deaf, litereally. it plays as loud as a jet-engine lol
LMAO! Man, I want to go party in Norway now.
You Vikings and your obsession with epic transportion.... xD
Def got it goin' on

Maaaaaz let's go to a club tomorrow. :o
lol all my friends go clubing but i dont which surprises alotof people that know me. Ijust dont dance and i dont see much point in going if i wouldnt dance lol
Yeah im going to one tonight, havent been in ages.

I go to all types really, prefer the ravey type clubs because I have a blast with them, but also House music type of clubs are great to go to but sometimes just don't like the feel of them at times feels too stuck up and smug, also make sure to dress nice aswell no one will take in scruffs Tongue_out

Also try and budget in a way... you can blow your money so easily at times on Drinks which are way overpriced.
(Apr. 04, 2009  8:23 AM)Sega Wrote: Yeah im going to one tonight, havent been in ages.

I go to all types really, prefer the ravey type clubs because I have a blast with them, but also House music type of clubs are great to go to but sometimes just don't like the feel of them at times feels too stuck up and smug, also make sure to dress nice aswell no one will take in scruffs Tongue_out

Also try and budget in a way... you can blow your money so easily at times on Drinks which are way overpriced.

Tell me about it; at that conference I went to in early march, the night events were 3 different clubs (1 per night). This cost me close to $100 just on beverages.

Interesting way to spend the money earned from selling old textbooks. XD
I can't remember what I did last night, wooooooooo
ok does the fact that this topic title is missing another b piss anyone else off

clubbing ffs
Yeah, it's pretty big in college towns. There are a few good ones that I can get into, but a lot of the scene is 21+ here. Still, fun stuff.
(Apr. 04, 2009  4:25 PM)Artie Wrote: ok does the fact that this topic title is missing another b piss anyone else off

clubbing ffs

Lool, I edited it for you
Rave woo!

'nuff said

Also: with regards to the month long bus party: holy carp XD
really funny seeing this topic on a beyblade board
(Apr. 04, 2009  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: really funny seeing this topic on a beyblade board

Just cause we go mega-nerd on this site, doesn't mean we have no social life.

but yeah, I was a bit surprised as well.
All ages clubs suck magicarp.