Cho-X | Taking Custom 3D Bey Commissions.

MOVED TO NEW THREAD ON NEW ACCOUNT

Hello. I'm Xander and I would like to announce that I am accepting commissions for custom 3D printable bey designs. I have been designing beys in 3D modeling software for over a month now, and I have received two of the four parts of my own custom bey, Mega Xyres. The other two parts are being shipped. I am currently working on a design for Kevo, a few designs for k1mboslice1305, and have just finished a bey design for Jojo. I plan on making more beys and I would like to offer my services to others.

I have been doing free designs for the few beytubers I have been working for, but this is because I am big fans of theirs and know seeing their custom beys in action is payment itself. I have decided to open up my design skills to the public to help people get their own custom beys. I know a lot of people want them, and the few beytrainers out there are likely swamped with requests.

I'm charging for my services because I feel that I put a lot of time and effort into my designs and others have told me I should charge for them. In addition, the design will ONLY be available to the one requester, so your bey will be unique and one of a kind.

The starting price for a layer is $25, and an additional $5 is added for each gimmick (I hope you don't see this as greedy. It takes days for each bey to be designed). Gimmicks include moving parts, dual spin capabilities, mode changes, etc. I reserve the right to negotiate prices if a request is very complex or has a large number of gimmicks. I can also design frames for $5 each.

When requesting a bey, here is necessary information:
- Bey type: Attack, Defense, Stamina, Balance
- Bey Avatar / Bit Beast
- Shape
- Spin rotation
- Color scheme (More colors may cost more as it requires separate parts to be designed)
- Name
- Gimmicks
- Metal parts

Thank you for reading this. I hope to make a bunch of you happy by giving you the bey of your dreams. If you wish to get a commission, message me on WBO or make a request on #commission-requests on my Discord server.

Edit:

Here are some pics of some beys I have designed. The first is my own custom bey, Xyres Megalados. The second one is Jynx Ouroboros, a bey and frame I designed for Jojo. The last thing is a frame designed for a special project for Kevo.

CURRENT PROJECT LIST:

1. Exodus Hydra
  2. Knuckle Seraph
  3. Strike Ragnarok
QUEUE:

1. Dread Dullahan
  2. Bone Kulshedra
  3. Spriggan X
  4. Sovereign Leonidas
FINISHED PROJECTS:
  • Xyres Megalados
  • Jynx Ouroboros
  • Geno Crusher
  • Void Mafdet
On an additional note. I feel that the exclusivity of the dual spin gimmick is what makes it so special. So far every single one of my commission requests has been for a dual spin bey, and I feel that it would make the dual spin beys less unique if every bey were dual spin. This is why I am only accepting requests for the dual spin gimmick if it matches the bey's design. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope that this inspires you to come up with unique traits you wish for your bey to have aside from dual spin. Thank you.
Whoa! This sounds amazing. I am super interested in this. Have you got any pictures you could show us of previous designs?
Definitely. I can't show some of the more recent ones because they are surprises, but I'll post some ASAP. My dog is having a surgery currently so expect a delay.
(Jul. 06, 2018  5:49 PM)XanderM Wrote: Definitely. I can't show some of the more recent ones because they are surprises, but I'll post some ASAP. My dog is having a surgery currently so expect a delay.

I look forward to the pictures. I hope the surgery goes well.
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:41 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: Can I get one lol

Sure. Message me and we can talk about what you might want designed. Maybe we could make a rival for Nitro. Haha

Also, I updated the post with pics. https://photos.app.goo.gl/H3QahpvGVVG7MWJw5
Nice one. Thank you for those pictures. How do you feel about making beys that are already in existence?
(Jul. 06, 2018  10:39 PM)GrandTempo1987 Wrote: Nice one. Thank you for those pictures. How do you feel about making beys that are already in existence?

What do you mean by that? Redesigning an old bey to make it better? I guess I could do that, but it wouldn't be easy to perfectly replicate it. I've already actually redesigned a Zero-G bey in Burst but I had to take creative liberties. What bey were you thinking of?
Cool! another 3D modeling beyblade mechanic! Grin I would like to see more of your work.
Update: My dog had his surgery but is recovering so I can't work on any beys currently. Right now I have a few beys on my plate and I'll try to get back to those who requested from me as soon as possible.
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:57 PM)XanderM Wrote: Update: My dog had his surgery but is recovering so I can't work on any beys currently. Right now I have a few beys on my plate and I'll try to get back to those who requested from me as soon as possible.

Hope the recovery goes well. I was thinking about beyblades that are very expensive to purchase like bloody devil.
Good luck with your dog's recovery. I really hope he'll be ok.
I've heard about your 3D printed work, and they are amazing stuff! Once I get a paypal after setting up my debit card, I'll consider this.

And I wish the best of luck to your dogs recovery, I hope he'll be alright.
(Jul. 06, 2018  4:31 AM)XanderM Wrote: Hello. I'm Xander and I would like to announce that I am accepting commissions for custom 3D printable bey designs. I have been designing beys in 3D modeling software for over a month now, and I have received two of the four parts of my own custom bey, Mega Xyres. The other two parts are being shipped. I am currently working on a design for Kevo, a few designs for k1mboslice1305, and have just finished a bey design for Jojo. I plan on making more beys and I would like to offer my services to others.

I have been doing free designs for the few beytubers I have been working for, but this is because I am big fans of theirs and know seeing their custom beys in action is payment itself. I have decided to open up my design skills to the public to help people get their own custom beys. I know a lot of people want them, and the few beytrainers out there are likely swamped with requests.

I'm charging for my services because I feel that I put a lot of time and effort into my designs and others have told me I should charge for them. In addition, the design will ONLY be available to the one requester, so your bey will be unique and one of a kind.

The starting price for a layer is $25, and an additional $5 is added for each gimmick (I hope you don't see this as greedy. It takes days for each bey to be designed). Gimmicks include moving parts, dual spin capabilities, mode changes, etc. I reserve the right to negotiate prices if a request is very complex or has a large number of gimmicks. I can also design frames for $5 each.

When requesting a bey, here is necessary information:
- Bey type: Attack, Defense, Stamina, Balance
- Bey Avatar / Bit Beast
- Shape
- Spin rotation
- Color scheme (More colors may cost more as it requires separate parts to be designed)
- Name
- Gimmicks
- Metal parts

Thank you for reading this. I hope to make a bunch of you happy by giving you the bey of your dreams. If you wish to get a commission, message me on WBO or make a request on #commission-requests on my Discord server.

Edit:

Here are some pics of some beys I have designed. The first is my own custom bey, Xyres Megalados. The second one is Jynx Ouroboros, a bey and frame I designed for Jojo. The last thing is a frame designed for a special project for Kevo
When your Dog's leg recovers, May i request a dual spin beyblade?
So, I just received my bey Xyres Megalados yesterday and the parts didn't fit together. Apparently the service which printed the metal followed it up by coating it with another metal, changing the dimensions. I have to modify the beys I already finished before I can take any more requests.
(Jul. 08, 2018  10:02 PM)XanderM Wrote: So, I just received my bey Xyres Megalados yesterday and the parts didn't fit together. Apparently the service which printed the metal followed it up by coating it with another metal, changing the dimensions. I have to modify the beys I already finished before I can take any more requests.

Come on dude right before i was gonna ask u.u
I'm sorry, but I learned that Shapeways coats their metals after printing, causing the parts to get bigger, whilst making the holes smaller. I have to redesign Kevo and Jojo's beys before continuing. I'm very sorry.
(Jul. 09, 2018  6:51 AM)XanderM Wrote: I'm sorry, but I learned that Shapeways coats their metals after printing, causing the parts to get bigger, whilst making the holes smaller. I have to redesign Kevo and Jojo's beys before continuing. I'm very sorry.

don't worry dude i get cha, just keep in mind that it would be a good idea if you put a commission queue with a number of slots you can work comfortable with , so you dont have such a complicated workload and also it help the people know when you are available.

also this is an advice from layer designer to layer designer , give you layer inner circle about 1 or 2 mm of extra space , something similar happened to me when i was working on my prototype bey.
(Jul. 09, 2018  6:51 AM)XanderM Wrote: I'm sorry, but I learned that Shapeways coats their metals after printing, causing the parts to get bigger, whilst making the holes smaller. I have to redesign Kevo and Jojo's beys before continuing. I'm very sorry.

How much bigger did the metal become? i need to know for a bey i'm building.
They say there is a 5% accepted variable tolerance, so maybe a millimeter bigger or smaller.
to be completely honest, it sounds like xanderm needs to nail down his process before taking paying customers, just saying...

if you are serious about what you are doing, you shouldn’t accept payment for your practice

again, just being honest...