Charge' - (partially) Awakened - Testing and Discussion

So I came across a few videos where Charge' was going head to head with/beating top tier opposite spin drivers;

https://youtu.be/xACYdgkxkbo?t=202 (vs World 2D Rise)
Virtuous Circle comments "My charge' doesn't have hole in the tip, so I made it worn down by using infinite mugen stadium. It is hard to control worn-down charge'." and also links the following video:

https://youtu.be/WW8hbMApu2c?t=293 (vs World 2B Drift

https://youtu.be/Ka34haFvpos?t=7855 (vs World 2D Zone'+Z, there's more Charge' combos in this video but can't bother to search for them) 

and then tested some stuff myself:
Note: I do not have the Mugen Stadium so I used sand paper instead, this might be illegal, also my Charge' does have a small air bubble (I think this is what Virtuous Circle meant by "hole in the tip") in it, so I only shortened it as much as I could without exposing the air bubble. A more worn down Charge' could possibly have better LAD. Mine can occasionally draw vs Drift but does not beat it.

I don't have Hollow and my Tempest broke while I was testing Judgement vs it the other day, curios how the Rage/Judgment+Charge' combos do vs them, if anyone has a worn down charge pls help.  

How my Charge' looks: 
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]spoiler[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]] [/font]
[Image: 294a760aec2cfc39dd8bdda23a265229.png]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]spoiler[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]][/font]

Proof that I have the parts I'm claiming to test: 

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]spoiler][/font]
[Image: b4b3a8b7fe12411fb96a4a7e3ad1b911.png]
[Image: 5b0e00244388935538444d1deb273d9d.png]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]spoiler[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]][/font]

World Helios2 1S Wheel Charge' vs World Hyperion2 1S Wheel Xtend+:
(swapped disc and layers after 10 rounds, weak launched Charge' with launcher slightly tilted, moderate flat launched Xtend+. Ties redone. Alternating launch order)
Charge' 15 - Xtend+ 5, all OS. 
Charge' 75% winrate!!

Rage Helios2 3A Charge' vs Master Spriggan Wheel Xtend+:

(Master strong-moderate flat launched, Rage strong-moderate sliding shot. Note: unlike the other layers I tested, Rage almost never self KO'ed even when hard launched. Ties redone. Rage launched second)
Rage 7 (6 KO, 1OS) - Master 13 (2 KO, 11 OS)
R He3A Ch' 35% winrate

[b]Rage Helios2 3A Charge' vs Brave Hyperion2 2A Xtend+ (6BM):
[/b](Brave moderate-weak launched, Rage strong-moderate sliding shot. Ties redone. Rage launched second)
Rage 13 (9KO, 4OS) - Brave 7 (2KO, 5 OS)
He3A Ch' 65% winrate

Judgement Valkryie Blitz Charge' Goku vs Master Spriggan Wheel Xtend+:
(too many draws so I only did 10 rounds. Both moderate/weak launched, Judgement was sliding shot. Alternating launch order)
Judgement 6 (5 KO, 1 OS) - Master 4 (1 KO, 3OS)
JVBCH' (Goku) 60% winrate.
(Note: Judgement was lucky here, the winner got wall saved for most KO's this match. Also so much recoil, Judgement was hitting Master noticably harder than Rage did, eventhough J was weak launched?)

Judgement Valkryie Blitz Charge' Goku [b][u]vs Brave Hyperion2 2A Xtend+(6BM):[/u][/b]
(Brave was launched just weak enough to stay at the center (was much easier for J to sweep it if it moved around), J was moderate sliding shot. Brave launched first)
Judgement: 9 (7KO, 2OS) - Brave 11 (8KO, 3OS)
JVBCH' (Goku) 45% winrate.
(Again, lots of recoil).

So... Charge' is pretty good. Looks like it's in contention for the title "second best opposite spin driver after Drift" together with Xtend+/Zone'+Z/Rise/Mobius. It doesn't ride the tornado ridge too well tho, so self ko's are a risk especially with the lighter non-Sparking layers. If not for the self ko risk it would have pretty decent same spin stamina too.

Edit: uhhh, can't I hide the pics in spoiler tags?
Thank you for sharing your testing results! I first tried this with regular charge after finding this video a while ago.

https://youtu.be/3K2iPlPU4yA

I agree with you findings. I wanted to point out that if the “hole” is exposed, I would personally rule it as an illegal part as a WBO judge. In my opinion, this would have changed the normal charge tip that is a plastic Flat, to a tiny Hole Flat. I would make this ruling based on this statement in the WBO rulebook:

“The tip has been worn down to the point that other structural parts of the Driver become the primary point of contact (ex. If the rubber on Jolt wears down completely and is parallel with the plastic casing surrounding it) or if structural parts such as screws are exposed.”

Whether or not the air bubble qualifies as “structural” is certainly up for debate. I am just sharing how I wound personally make the ruling.
Wow... Surprised to find this thread.
So, the regular or common charge dash driver has cylindrical empty hole in the driver tip. There are rare - probably manufacture`s error or something - ones with very small, tiny air bubble inside the driver tip. If the empty or air bubble area is exposed after worn down, it is illegal to use in WBBA tournament.
Same thing like the new rule shown as pictures in 2019 (from Japan).
I am not sure how competitive the worn down charge dash driver could be in WBO format. It is like a double-edged sword.
I haven't really seen any youtubers' videos in the world (especially Japan) using charge dash driver except Korean's. They love it. Could be their preference?
(May. 12, 2021  8:37 AM)Virtuous Circle Wrote: Wow... Surprised to find this thread.
So, the regular or common charge dash driver has cylindrical empty hole in the driver tip. There are rare - probably manufacture`s error or something - ones with very small, tiny air bubble inside the driver tip. If the empty or air bubble area is exposed after worn down, it is illegal to use in WBBA tournament.
I am not sure how competitive the worn down charge dash driver could be in WBO format. It is like a double-edged sword.
I haven't really seen any youtubers' videos in the world (especially Japan) using charge dash driver except Korean's. They love it. Could be their preference?

There's one video from a japanese tournament (that I know of): https://youtu.be/US7NdY-TZmw?t=224, its just Charge though, not Charge'.
And apparently Camick (a WBO member/organiser) has been using it for a while: https://youtu.be/aRT_6vIgy94?t=12
These are both attack types, haven't seen anyone outside of Korea use it as a Stamina type-ish combo with Heaven/World etc.
It looks really good in the DB stadium, Japan might start using it soon.
I also have a worn charge, in which I use it on Rage 2S, insane lad, able to keep up with drift, better defence due to the weight and the weight of rage and 2S controls Charge well, mine doesn't have a noticeble hole in the centre, so I think it should be legal

(May. 12, 2021  8:37 AM)Virtuous Circle Wrote: Wow... Surprised to find this thread.
I am not sure how competitive the worn down charge dash driver could be in WBO format.  It is like a double-edged sword.

I kinda disagree with 'double edged sword' because for me I just find combos that are able to have sufficient weight to control charge
anyone knows if charge metal is simmilar?
(even tho it cannot be awakened)
or at least good in same spin combos?
(Jun. 09, 2021  3:07 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: anyone knows if charge metal is simmilar?

Not really and highly unlikely, our charge is worn down to a degree that allows the stadium curve to fit well with the charge driver.
(Jun. 09, 2021  12:20 PM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  3:07 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: anyone knows if charge metal is simmilar?

Not really and highly unlikely, our charge is worn down to a degree that allows the stadium curve to fit well with the charge driver.

ok
So turns out Knockout is pretty good with Charge':
(Just a short demonstration. Only 3 matches and in the pro stadium, not proper testing.)
https://youtu.be/9gpwMddHbUc

Even with my non-fully-awakened Charge' it does ok vs opposite spin Drift.
Tried Heaven and Dynamite too but they weren't managing to draw as often.

(Hollow's probably* better than Knockout but I don't have a Hollow to test and compare)
*Definetely better for same spin stamina, not self ko'ing and attack power. Maybe not better for opposite spin.
(Jul. 31, 2021  8:40 PM)tubitr Wrote: So turns out Knockout is pretty good with Charge':
(Just a short demonstration. Only 3 matches and in the pro stadium, not proper testing.)
https://youtu.be/9gpwMddHbUc

Even with my non-fully-awakened Charge' it does ok vs opposite spin Drift.
Tried Heaven and Dynamite too but they weren't managing to draw as often.

(Hollow's probably* better than Knockout but I don't have a Hollow to test and compare)
*Definetely better for same spin stamina, not self ko'ing and attack power. Maybe not better for opposite spin.

Nice. I have two fully worn charges - one with a hole and one without, and they can tie with drift with much ease.
I personally use Dynamite Belial (F) Nexus Charge because it's very heavy, has good Opp spin, same spin does have some decent attack