Changes to the BeyPoint System, Blader Passports, and more!

Hey World Bladers! I hope you like reading ...

We are making some huge changes to the BeyPoints System effective immediately.

The previous limit for battling the same Blader was ten times per week. We are drastically lowering that limit to five times PER MONTH. We are also lifting the "shield" over limited battles at meet-ups or before and after tournaments; only battles within a tournament will not count towards the limit.

Why are we doing this? There are a number of reasons, and you guys should know exactly why we are doing what we're doing. Lately, the rankings have been becoming incredibly skewed by Bladers battling the same Blader repeatedly in order to grind their BP up while pushing their opponent's down. This was never the original intention of the BP system and we see this as a disrespect of the WBO's goals. We allow Bladers to have Ranked BeyBattles outside of WBO tournaments because there simply aren't enough to go around right now -- which may change next year once MFB launches worldwide -- so we want to give those Bladers the chance to compete as well.

However, because some Bladers are continuously grinding, we are reducing the limit and making attempts to expand our tournament schedule for the second half of 2009 and early 2010. The idea is that BeyBattles in-between tournaments will allow Bladers to continue to improve while tournaments will be the main breeding ground for rankings. As it is now, BP is seriously inflated.

Beyblade is a casual game and it is not expected that Bladers rank the majority of their battles. At BWR, I played about 300 battles, with only 12 ranked. By playing with a large amount of Bladers I realized that the limit is just too high as it is and invites the grinding we have been seeing.

It is my hope that this change will seriously restore some balance to the rankings so that the most skilled Bladers move higher, rather than Bladers who can grind against the weakest players the most.

Now, to talk about finances. As you all know, I pay for the WBO mostly out of pocket. However, you guys have been absolutely awesome about donating, so I want you to know that I really appreciate that. However, we've found a more sustainable way to both make tournaments more viable and to increase money flow in the WBO so we can keep doing cool stuff (and do more, cooler stuff!)

We will now be asking that WBO tournaments charge a $5 entry fee to each Blader that enters a tournament (obviously there will be times where this is inappropriate, e.g. at a convention where there is already an entrance fee, but that is another issue). It will be the responsibility of the tournament director to forward this money to the WBO. To make this price easier for everyone to swallow, in addition to Faces, if the tournament itself does not have prizes, winners of tournaments will be entered into draws for Beyblade prizes. We will announce more information on this once we start getting more tournaments scheduled.

However, you can bypass these fees by subscribing to a Blader Passport. For $10 USD a year, you will be given unlimited entrance to WBO events, in addition to receiving the Passport Face.

Having a Blader Passport will also permit you entrance to premium contests. You can subscribe to a Blader Passport via Paypal, or you can purchase one at a WBO event. You can purchase your passport by clicking here!

To those of you have donated and received the Royal Face, we sincerely appreciate your support, and we want to show that by retiring the Royal Face. Now, everyone will know that the Royal Face was given to people who truly supported us when we needed it the most. So, thanks to all of you, truly. For you Royal Face holders, don't expect to be left out in the future.

To those of you who still want to donate even after subscribing to a Blader Passport ... well, you're an amazing person. And we want to allow you to continue being amazing, so we are still accepting donations. People who donate will now be awarded with Face Booster BLACK.

I'm glad I can finally start giving these out. As with the Royal Face, it will take a $10 donation to get one. However, unlike the Royal Face, you can collect multiple Faces from Face Booster BLACK. As always, you can Paypal donations to donate@worldbeyblade.org. However, I'd suggest investing in a Blader Passport first. Wink

I really want to settle any fears that I am making some sort of attempt to "sell out" here. I'm not. The fact of the matter is, the WBO is very expensive to me in terms of both time and money, and I have to do something to balance that out. Just keeping the website online costs me about $12 a month, and it's going up every month because we are gaining so much popularity. Then there is domain registration. There is a new programming development coming up that will cost us $125 (it's going to rule, though!). Much of BWR was paid for out of pocket -- $115 just for printing fliers and such -- and I'd love to be able to do more giveaways and such, so things like this are truly necessary in order for us to keep growing. We can all hope that Hasbro will decide to give us some love next year, but until then, I'm doing what I need to do.

I also want to offer stuff that is compelling to you guys so we can make money to keep cool stuff coming and also provide you guys with stuff you want. We've begun designing special Face Sticker sets that should be on sale by the end of the summer, for approximately $5 for six stickers. Before the year's end I would love to have a WBO DVD out as well. We're also talking about doing a calendar, but I get the feeling you guys would rather have DVDs and stickers and maybe posters or something. If there's something you guys would like to see us offering, tell us!

Please help us expand our tournament schedule! If you want to run a tournament in your area, contact us!

Finally, please welcome our newest committee member, Rocky! I'm sure it comes as no huge surprise, considering how much she's been up to recently, and I hope she'll continue to work hard for the WBO!

Also, everyone on the Committee is getting a Face Booster as a present of thanks from me ... Smile

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them! Go SHOOT!
congrats rocky,after saving Spinoff Im sure everyone saw this coming sooner or later.

But still,$5 for every WBO Tourny? that seems kinds..drastic XD

But if it helps WBO,I can handle with that (mostly since I dont enter tournys alot of the times)
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:45 AM)BladeBee Wrote: But still,$5 for every WBO Tourny? that seems kinds..drastic XD

$5 isn't much at all, is it?

If so, just buy the passport. $10 for a year.
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:45 AM)BladeBee Wrote: But still,$5 for every WBO Tourny? that seems kinds..drastic XD

I used to get $5 for taking out the trash when I was a kid.

Also wonderful update as usual Brad. And welcome to the team Rocky Grin
Congrats Rocky! Smile
Plus, I'm officially a blader of the WBO. I am be the (edit) 3rd dude who subscribed for a Blader Passport.
Also, loved the new BP system. Brad is generous,as always. Grin
I don't even participate in beyblade but these rules are great and I think it will help out the WBO a lot Smile Very well planned out..best of luck.
Gratz rocky!
I hope to join your ranks one day!

Also, Brad, no way I can charge for MBS. It would help if I could though XD

I will be getting my passport shortly! Damn! I was just about to get the Royal Face too.
New rules are great good job Brad Grin
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Finally, please welcome our newest committee member, Rocky! I'm sure it comes as no huge surprise, considering how much she's been up to recently, and I hope she'll continue to work hard for the WBO!

Also, everyone on the Committee is getting a Face Booster as a present of thanks from me ... Smile

Congrats once again to Rocky and a Free face booster for everyone, this day just good real good. Cool

Also, this is super cool and a great idea so nice one Brad. Smile

Edit: Miss read the face bit, my bad.
Congratz Rocky Grin
and all the new changes seem like a good idea!
Will be purchasing the Passport thing soon as I get paid Smile
Haha I was always wondering when Money would come into play, It must have been costing alot of guys running tourney's quite a bit of money, and also to Brad for doing War Room and running this Website. I like the Idea, $10 a Year is nothing its a nice way to contribute to the people hard at work running things for the community.
omg ROCKY!? That took me by huge suprise xD

I'll definitely be buying the WBO 2010 calendar and maybe a blader pass at UK Summer Slash! Joyful_3
To members who already donated more than $10, I've gone back and given you Face Booster BLACKs for each $10 over $10 you donated. Smile Enjoy.
Converting that to £ would only equate to around £3

Was wondering when this news would appear Grin
I'll be buying my blader passport at Summer Smash, can't wait for it ^ ^
Can't wait to see what you guys think of the face sticker packs either, a lot of works been going in to them.
(Jun. 02, 2009  9:28 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Converting that to £ would only equate to around £3

Seriously, I used to pay this to enter Pokemon tournaments when I was like ten. Plus, you'll get a chance at some awesome prizes Grin
I'm not saying its a bad idea, I'm just saying it would only equate to £3. As in, that is a small price to pay for something if you look at the larger picture.

(Jun. 02, 2009  9:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Seriously, I used to pay this to enter Pokemon tournaments when I was like ten. Plus, you'll get a chance at some awesome prizes Grin
(Jun. 02, 2009  9:49 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I'm not saying its a bad idea, I'm just saying it would only equate to £3. As in, that is a small price to pay for something if you look at the larger picture.

No, I understood what you were saying, I was saying I agreed. Wink
I see you have considered some of my idea's that i threw at you Brad, lol this is pretty cool.

Congrats to Rocky! Smile
Mm, thanks for the welcomes and such guys. I feel like a new member again. XD

I have a passport already? Awesome. Cool I'll donate anyways though. UK members, if the Summer Smash goes well then you can expect a load of tourneys so you should all buy Blader Passports. Grin That and the Passport Face looks awesome. Grin
Read this last night but was too tired to comment haha. Thanks for all your awesome thoughts, Brad. You really are giving 110% for this community Smile. Also, congrats Rocky! I knew you`d be a mod sooner or later Smile.
The Blader Passport is a great idea Smile And I'd def. be interested in the stickers, DVDs and calenders. Holy carp Espio, you have like 4 rare faces already Gasp XD

Also, congrats Rocky! You totally deserve it for all the work you've done with the UK events and everything Smile
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Please help us expand our tournament schedule! If you want to run a tournament in your area, contact us!

Finally, please welcome our newest committee member, Rocky! I'm sure it comes as no huge surprise, considering how much she's been up to recently, and I hope she'll continue to work hard for the WBO!

All of these changes are great, they're going to help the WBO a lot in the long run. The Blader Passport idea is probably the best idea in terms of revenue so far.

Hopefully Khel and I can help expand the tournament schedule this summer. Wink

Congratulations Rocky! I am so surprised!

Woooooooooooooo
i did expect rocky to become a staff. congartulations Wink

also when did BeyUK-Espio get all those cool faces? the HMS ones?

and about the passport. its really a great idea. but since i wont be intering tournaments anyway, i dont think i need it..
(Jun. 02, 2009  3:02 PM)pegasis Wrote: also when did BeyUK-Espio get all those cool faces? the HMS ones?
(Jun. 02, 2009  9:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: To members who already donated more than $10, I've gone back and given you Face Booster BLACKs for each $10 over $10 you donated. Smile Enjoy.
Or he donated today lol.