Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Cardfight vanguard is a good game i play it when I'm not blading
(Jun. 14, 2013  1:05 AM)Axel Phantom Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2013  8:42 PM)Temporal Wrote: I just got some Vanguard cards a few weeks ago, and decided to enter a tournament. Why? Because it was free, of course. I found a Nova Grappler trial deck for ten bucks at an anime convention, so I tried the deck out. I did fairly well, methinks. The tournament was full of players who bought their decks beforehand, and knew the game pretty well. I saw more than a few decks built specifically to kill the trial decks. Which was what most of the new guys were using.

I realized that Mr. Invincible can be annoying. But the one time I could have used the re-stand ability, some dirtbag rushed me out of the turn while I was reading the card because he didn't feel like waiting for me to finish. I ended up losing, and was bounced two rounds later. (Damn Heal Triggers...) I won one round against some Aqua Force deck, though. I was bounced against a Neo Nectar deck when this guy hauled three straight heal triggers when he had five cards in the damage zone. White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia can be annoying.

I think I'll just build on the Nova Grapplers, but replace the stand triggers with more Crit Triggers. And drop at least two Mr. Invincibles. Other than the Mr. Invincible problem, the deck wasn't half bad. I would have liked another Gold Rutile, though... I'll probably pick up some Infinite Phantom Legion, and maybe one Comic Style-Vol. 1 pack. With any luck, I might pull a Brutal Jack or two.

theres at my locals theres guy who ran a gold rutile 8 crit 8 stand build, it did pretty well

I pulled more than my fair share of crits a few times, and the stands came at decent times. It's just that Mr. Invincible eats crit triggers a lot. Which is annoying. I plan on dropping two (if not three) as soon as I can get a Gold Rutile or two. Hell, if I can get a few Raizers, Mr. Invincible might leave the deck altogether. (I'm hoping for at least one Brutal Jack and possibly another Death Metal Droid, at the very least. Anything after that is a bonus.)

Also: What is MLB? I kept hearing it. I have no clue.
It is Majesty Lord Blaster I believe.
Yah, it's Majesty Lord Blaster. Only one person uses that deck at my shop tournaments, and he gets 2nd usually. For some reason, I never battle him, save out of tournaments. I have beaten him, which is surprising considering I have a nova blender deck.
That clears up a lot, actually. I'm still trying to get a handle on the metagame and such. Honestly, I had never actually played before last month at an anime convention. I just watched others and such. Bushiroad was giving away half-decks at Anime Central (A Chicago anime convention that I go to every now and again) to those new to the game. I had already bought a deck, though, so I didn't get one. This one guy was so enthusiastic and just good at learning stuff that he got a free Aqua Force deck. He was pretty cool. (Plus he chewed out the guy who rushed me out of my last turn in the first round when he heard what happened.)

It was actually kinda funny to go from new deck to tournament in about twenty minutes. The Bushiroad reps were pretty cool. (And they were showing people how to play Weiss Schwarz. Which I beat one rep at, when he was using his personal deck and I was using a scripted deck that people were allowed to rent. I believe it was a fate stay deck or something.) They had three or four tables set up just to teach people how to play and to explain how to use specific cards. Hell, the judges even helped the newer guys during the tournament if they had questions.
Lucky, I was thrown into the "veteran" style of play, and I got to a rocky start. It did help get me going though.
It's really fun now, haha.
For players who intend to pick up the game competitively, Id recommend them picking up the pace once BT10/Season 3 cards are out.
Narukami gets a major boost, and Spike Bros become anti-meta. If you run any of these two decks, I recommend them.
I will be looking at releases that are coming up, especially Narukami. I am pretty sure just one deck won't cut it more often than not. I was going to buy a second deck at Anime Central, but the vendors closed at 6, and I had no clue. Had I checked earlier, I would have been able to at least find something so I can trade for something to replace a Mr. Invincible.

Anyway, Infinite Phantom Legion has some really good Nova Grappler support. I might dabble in making a Raizer/Gold Rutile deck. Having the four Battleraizers is a good start, and NGM Prototype is probably going to stay for a while in my deck. (I've got three or four. Have to check.) With the Death Metal Droids I got in the trial deck and the Gold Rutile I already have, I feel like I have a fairly good base to build on.
NGMs aren't too great, in my opinion.
And yah, I suggest multiple decks, maybe three or four, if you have enough money. I only use one, because I'm stubborn, and I have a 25% win percentage.
(Jun. 16, 2013  3:31 AM)Temporal Wrote: Anyway, Infinite Phantom Legion has some really good Nova Grappler support. I might dabble in making a Raizer/Gold Rutile deck.

You'd be better off just sticking with Gold Rutile/Death Metal Droid as Raizers aren't very competitive.

(Jun. 16, 2013  3:36 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: NGMs aren't too great, in my opinion.

NGM isn't bad, Nova Grappler just has other grade 2s that are better.
Well yah, it does create a bit of a guarding threat, which means it can be the target of an attack instead of the vanguard, but unless you have nothing else, I don't think it should be used.
Got rid of my last NGM and have all the Death Army Ladies I need.
(Jun. 16, 2013  3:31 AM)Temporal Wrote: I will be looking at releases that are coming up, especially Narukami. I am pretty sure just one deck won't cut it more often than not. I was going to buy a second deck at Anime Central, but the vendors closed at 6, and I had no clue. Had I checked earlier, I would have been able to at least find something so I can trade for something to replace a Mr. Invincible.

Anyway, Infinite Phantom Legion has some really good Nova Grappler support. I might dabble in making a Raizer/Gold Rutile deck. Having the four Battleraizers is a good start, and NGM Prototype is probably going to stay for a while in my deck. (I've got three or four. Have to check.) With the Death Metal Droids I got in the trial deck and the Gold Rutile I already have, I feel like I have a fairly good base to build on.
If you intend to stick to NG throughout I'd recommend you to save up and spend them on the new upcoming Extra boosters. If possible, 3 to 4 boxes at least once they are out. You should be able to make a complete deck.

And like what Chaos Blader mention, Raizer series are not that competitive. Reason being, the mechanic of Perfect Raizer requires you to move any pre existing Raizer on the field into the soul when you ride him. This incurs heavy minus on your own field (in return for powerful effects).
Transraizer (from BT09) somewhat offsets the loss in the field by giving you a chance to call out another NG unit however it still doesnt equate to a complete recovery.

If you intend to dabble into the Beast Deity series, I d recommend you to snag a few cards from BT09.
I was looking into saving for a few IPL boxes, actually. I'll probably need to save a bit more, but I do have about fifty bucks earmarked for Vanguard over the next year or so. (Have to think about paying for university once I graduate. Which, obviously, kills much of my big-spending plans... I hate how expensive the good schools are.) I wasn't too sure about the Raizers, having not seen many people being very supportive of them in the one tournament I went to. A few were really sarcastic about it. (One said if they wanted to eat their cards, they'd do it with Mr. Invincible. At least that way they would give themselves a field disadvantage.) I hadn't actually thought of it that hard, honestly.

Welp, I will probably build on Gold Rutile, and hope for Brutal Jack and Genocide Joker. (IIRC, all "Genocide" cards will be relabeled as "Brutal." Not sure, though.)

If I ever do make a non-NG deck, I'll probably try to make some use of the two White Lily Musketeers I pulled. They didn't seem half bad, from what I saw. Not that I know much. They just seem interesting. Besides, White Lily Musketeer, Cecilia looks to be a pretty sure way to maintain field advantage. Barring all hell breaking loose, at least.
Genocide Joker is pretty bad, you're better off sticking with Droid.

Musketeers are amazing.
You can tech in Jokers in a deck, just dont run 4 of them. NGs has quite a few unflipping options, and that +4K power runs if you have a not so high powered booster behind it.

I dont fancy Musketeers too much. Calling out the Cecilias comes in too late in game (LB4) and pretty much means you can only pull off the skill once.

The field changing works really well at thinning out your deck though and combo rather well with damage adders (which are also musketeers) which can return triggers. If you drag the match long enough, its possible to have an absurdly high trigger count in your deck (eg; 15 cards, 9 triggers). So far, I find this to be the only redeeming feature for Cecilia...
I'm planning on starting a collection of these cards. Where's a good place to get them in the USA?
(Jun. 23, 2013  5:36 AM)Bazooka Wrote: I'm planning on starting a collection of these cards. Where's a good place to get them in the USA?

any of these stores

So... they aren't out here until June 28th? Or is that just another wave of new cards in the US?
New cards for BT09EN.

Older booster sets should be available. IIRC BT01EN recently had a reprint.
Awww yea, I'm probably going to a Beyblade tourney in Richmond on the 29th at Comic Book Heaven! I think I'll buy a few cards there, but I need to know what products are good. Any recommmendations, Cardfighters?
Do you have a trial deck? If you dont, would recommend you to start out with one.

Alternatively, you could pick out a clan and start out from there.
yeah you wanna know what kind of clan you want to play, and from there what build,, really there is a deck for just about anyone
Just start with a Trial Deck first before you start card hunting to get the feel of the game first. Study the basics and stuff, because watching the anime is not the same as playing the game.

When you feel you understand the game enough, decide on your clan, do some research, then make your deck. Note your deck staples when making your decklist.
Finally placed in a tournament XD
It was only a sneak preview, but still, haha.
I also got my third Twin Blader and finally got Asura Kaisers, haha.
I think I'm semi prepared for my next tournament XD