Can we talk about Chester Bennington for a minute?

If this isnt allowed, I appologize in advance, delete it, close it, whatever. As im sure many of you know, Chester Bennington, the lead singer for Linkin Park committed suicide today (July 20th). Im gonna be honest. Im really messed up from it. Linkin park has sung me to sleep many, many times. They have gotten me through SO much with their music. They were the first band that got me into the rock genre, because of that, ive learned and grew in music and it is such a huge, and important part of my life. (Looks at Rock'N Rogersville) Suicide, sadly is also a part of my life. Ive seen the pain it brings first hand. Ive thankfully never lost anyone to it myself, but my moms closest friend died by her own hand... I see that pain that she deals with. If i feel this much pain over a prominent music figure taking his own life, i cant even imagine how my mom has stayed so strong so long. I guess im saying all of this to say, I struggle with it too, so i kind of have an idea, and im sure there are some of you here who do as well... Im here for you. Were a community. If you are EVER having any thoughts like that please seek help, whether it be me, or professional help. Suicide is an ugly monster. Even though i battle it almost daily, im not going to let it win against me, or you if i can help it. Each and every one of you are special, important, unique, and loved. Never forget that. Much love guys.
To Chester,

You were excellent in the beginning but became NUMB after that. You gave everyone power to overcome obstacles by your songs but IN THE END IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER. You set a line between truth and lies and it was a NEW DEVIDE. After every mistake I thought WHAT I'VE DONE but You taught even after breaking a CASTLE OF GLASS we are still humans and we are allowed to make mistakes.
We heard Your cry of BATTLE SYMPHONY through ur songs but IN THE END you BLEED IT OUT...and suddenly you FAINT..by BREAKING THE HABIT of staying strong....u left without saying a single word...
You were WAITING FOR THE END but what you didnt know is that your voice is and always be CRAWLING up our mind and soul and will never ever be LOST IN THE ECHO....
Rest in peace buddy....u will always in our hearts and always be living and breathing inside....

Yours truely,
Music family
This is extremely tragic, I know Chester had a very difficult upbringing with events that are not appropriate for this forum, but I found this to be very unexpected. The best way to honor him is to remember and keep his legacy alive. Rest In Peace.
I was shocked to also hear the news, my heart ripped when I saw it. I also grew up listening to LinkinPark almost everyday. And now every time i will be listening to him, it will just remind me how he's not here anymore with us. I don't know whether LinkinPark will release any more songs without him, without Chester, LinkinPark isn't the same. I hope there are unreleased songs that get released. I always look forward to new songs from LP, but knowing there wont be anymore from Chester just hurts inside. For some reason, 'Until it's Gone' keeps playing in my head, but the lyrics are right - you dont know what you got til' its gone! Chester is gone! Unhappy

But he's left us with amazing music that we can always relate to at the worst period of our lives. He had a bad childhood but he turned that into something positive which helped millions, or even billions of people around the world, with his music, helping us express emotions that we couldnt ourselves.

Rest in peace Chester.
Chester was a great musician and will be missed. i was actually thinking about posting a thread for this myself. i was talking to Tri last night about this too. first we lose chris cornell and now chester. it's a sad day for music

despite being young i've also had an experience with suicide. i had a close friend go through a difficult time and resort to self harm and suicide attempts. i regret my decision not to seek help sooner. i didn't know what to do. it had a negative effect on my life too. but she found the help she needed and is apparently doing better. i was just a sucky time for both of us. please if you are feeling or thinking anything like this reach out to someone. find someone your comfortable talking to. it's just heartbreaking. RIP Chester and your moms friend too Mstubbs88
(Jul. 21, 2017  1:19 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Chester was a great musician and will be missed. i was actually thinking about posting a thread for this myself. i was talking to Tri last night about this too. first we lose chris cornell and now chester. it's a sad day for music

despite being young i've also had an experience with suicide. i had a close friend go through a difficult time and resort to self harm and suicide attempts. i regret my decision not to seek help sooner. i didn't know what to do. it had a negative effect on my life too. but she found the help she needed and is apparently doing better. i was just a sucky time for both of us. please if you are feeling or thinking anything like this reach out to someone. find someone your comfortable talking to. it's just heartbreaking. RIP Chester and your moms friend too Mstubbs88

Thank you man. Like i said earlier, if you or anyone else needs someone, hit me up, i dont care what time it is. Chances are ill be up. Im weird like that xD but seriously. Its not worth it. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better with time. Im here for each and every one of you.
(Jul. 21, 2017  1:28 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2017  1:19 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Chester was a great musician and will be missed. i was actually thinking about posting a thread for this myself. i was talking to Tri last night about this too. first we lose chris cornell and now chester. it's a sad day for music

Thank you man. Like i said earlier, if you or anyone else needs someone, hit me up, i dont care what time it is. Chances are ill be up. Im weird like that xD but seriously. Its not worth it. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better with time. Im here for each and every one of you.
Well being one of the older people here I also welcome people who seek advice etc. I'll do what I can to help.

Also good to see fellow beyblader reaching out like that
To be honest, I have never known this person, so apologies for being a bit out of place.

That said, I myself have had some suicidal thoughts, and I to be honest wish death upon no one. I feel as if the stigma surrounding suicide is harmful, and that no one should ever have to suffer the monster that depression and other problems is. I speak from experience, although being a Junior in High School. It especially hurts when you feel there is nobody to support you. So if anyone here, or anywhere, feels suicidal, open up. There is someone out there to listen, even me.
(Jul. 21, 2017  4:08 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: To be honest, I have never known this person, so apologies for being a bit out of place.

That said, I myself have had some suicidal thoughts, and I to be honest wish death upon no one. I feel as if the stigma surrounding suicide is harmful, and that no one should ever have to suffer the monster that depression and other problems is. I speak from experience, although being a Junior in High School. It especially hurts when you feel there is nobody to support you. So if anyone here, or anywhere, feels suicidal, open up. There is someone out there to listen, even me.

I understand your feelings...because I also had to go through the same phase....I donno why people expect so much from us that they forget that we are still human...
One thing I will say from my personal experience is that...this society expects too much....these responsibilities on our shoulder causes us to break apart and in the end we have to fall in the hands of death.....
But one thing can be done is that speak for yourself....scream until the society realises that its wrong....they are wrong because life is too precious....not everyone gets it...some even die during their birth....and fighting for life is I think is the greatest battle ever fought....
I knew him as Linkin Park, and to this day, Linkin Park songs were still one of my favourites. It's so sad to see another one bite the dust in 2017.

R.I.P Chester...

BTW @[Eleanor], that was pretty good the way you incorporated the song names onto your speech.
(Jul. 21, 2017  5:52 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I knew him as Linkin Park, and to this day, Linkin Park songs were still one of my favourites. It's so sad to see another one bite the dust in 2017.

R.I.P Chester...

BTW @[Eleanor], that was pretty good the way you incorporated the song names onto your speech.

Irony isnt it??? Today each and everyone can read my letter except the one whom I wrote it....
It sometimes pains too much to know that this is life.......a path full of harsh truths and beautiful lies....and still we have to protect it ...even after it kills us....
I'm a Linkin Park fan since 2010 and they were also one of the things that really got me into MFB. I listened to Linkin Park so often. Linkin Park means so much to me especially Chester. I still can't believe that he's gone now. I got bullied a lot my entire life but whenever I felt down I played Beyblade, watched Beyblade videos on YouTube and listened to Linkin Park. These things always cheered me back up. I don't know where I would be now without them. Without Chester there's no Linkin Park and without LP a part of me died but my good memories with LP will never fade. I'm thankful for Beyblade, YouTube and Linkin Park and how they've changed my life. I will never forget Chester. God bless him.
You guys are so passionated with Linkin Park....if Chester was alive he woul be so proud of himself that he has so wonderful fans....after reading everyone's post here only one thing comes to my mind....I think u have heard it though....let me phrase it....

The preetiest smiles hide the deepest secrets,
The preetiest eyes have cried the most tears,
The kindest heart felt the most pain.
Never knew Chestar felt so much pain inside....
I think for when i do video edits for my event Rock'N Rogersville, ill use Linkin Park songs in the background
(Jul. 22, 2017  5:16 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: I think for when i do video edits for my event Rock'N Rogersville, ill use Linkin Park songs in the background
I will definately watch each and every single vedio....
(Jul. 21, 2017  5:45 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: If this isnt allowed, I appologize in advance, delete it, close it, whatever. As im sure many of you know, Chester Bennington, the lead singer for Linkin Park committed suicide today (July 20th). Im gonna be honest. Im really messed up from it. Linkin park has sung me to sleep many, many times. They have gotten me through SO much with their music. They were the first band that got me into the rock genre, because of that, ive learned and grew in music and it is such a huge, and important part of my life. (Looks at Rock'N Rogersville) Suicide, sadly is also a part of my life. Ive seen the pain it brings first hand. Ive thankfully never lost anyone to it myself, but my moms closest friend died by her own hand... I see that pain that she deals with. If i feel this much pain over a prominent music figure taking his own life, i cant even imagine how my mom has stayed so strong so long. I guess im saying all of this to say, I struggle with it too, so i kind of have an idea, and im sure there are some of you here who do as well... Im here for you. Were a community. If you are EVER having any thoughts like that please seek help, whether it be me, or professional help. Suicide is an ugly monster. Even though i battle it almost daily, im not going to let it win against me, or you if i can help it. Each and every one of you are special, important, unique, and loved. Never forget that. Much love guys.
It's a shocking news
How he could do this!!! Just i can't believe! :smithicide:

Seriously "sing me to sleep now" came true!
Hey...I want to ask a question....I know its a bit off topic but still I am asking....does anybody here knows how to play an acoustic guitar???
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:00 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Hey...I want to ask a question....I know its a bit off topic but still I am asking....does anybody here knows how to play an acoustic guitar???

Yup
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:43 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:00 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Hey...I want to ask a question....I know its a bit off topic but still I am asking....does anybody here knows how to play an acoustic guitar???

Yup

So tell me starting from the basics....exactly how much time is required to fully master the guitar??
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:49 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2017  9:43 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Yup

So tell me starting from the basics....exactly how much time is required to fully master the guitar??

I know,  but only basic Tongue_out
Yeah....Music is the solution to every problem...it makes u calm down and it can also make u determine to do anything....thats just the power of music....it directly attacks ur mind and heart and soul....the rhythm and sound just goes through it.....thats why I am asking if anybody plays guitar...or any musical instrument.....because when u feel frustrated u can always play it...to take out ur frustration....and who knows may be ur frustration can make a beautiful melody which can lead to a beautiful song....just like depression and frustration led to a song named "numb" which is so popular today...

When there is a will there is a way to every problem...
Imma be honest, I never really listened to linkin park much apart from one or 2 songs so I don't know much about Chester. But in general it's sad to lose another life in such a tragic way. At some point im sure everyone may have felt this sort of urge but with a bit of help from each other I'm sure we can help each other out and avoid losing anymore lives. Every time someone feels that way, they should remember that they were blessed with this life for a reason so no matter how tough it gets we all got a purpose so there's no point in giving up and throwing it away, continue to seek that purpose and one day u will achieve greatness.
(Jul. 21, 2017  5:45 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Im gonna be honest. Im really messed up from it. Linkin park has sung me to sleep many, many times. They have gotten me through SO much with their music. They were the first band that got me into the rock genre, because of that, ive learned and grew in music and it is such a huge, and important part of my life.

You've found some good words there, Mstubbs88, and I really appreciate that you've opened up this topic.
You guys have already expressed a lot, I can't really add much that hasn't been said yet. Just one thing that runs in my mind:

In The End is probably one of the most recognized songs performed by LP. I mean, it was also my first LP song. And it's used as a tribute now by a lot of people. I just wanna add something to these tributes, to this song:
It does. Chester's lifework does matter in the end. To me, to you, to a lot of people I know, to so many people in the world.

The news of his death really hurt me on Thursday evening, and I felt kinda numb for days. Now, to say it with some lyrics I like a bit better:
Who cares if one more light goes out? Well... I do.
I really appreciate all of the positive and encouraging words from everyone, to everyone. I know this can be a bit of a tough subject, but its not one that should be taken lightly, or swept under the rug. So it really means so much
Has anyone ever been to live concert of Linkin park?? Or any other band??