Burst truck driving around - Hasbro Beyblade Burst Tour

Saw this the other day. 

http://imgur.com/a/zjT2T
Woah, that's interesting.

What does the link on it say? I think it's "BeybladeBurstTour.co", but I can't quite make out the ending bit after the dot. (.com? .co? Idk what the term is for the end of a link Tongue_out)
On the truck it says BeybladeBurstTour.Ca
So they're finally hosting tournaments again, and they're not age restricted? Nice!
Thanks for sharing, OldSchool!

EnderBlader (or whatever his name here is now) brought this to my attention, and after going through the website, I found this interesting;
https://www.beybladebursttour.ca/connect.aspx

It asks if you would be interested in a 2018 tournament, which seems like a big hint towards a Beyblade Burst World Championships.
Dont be fooled, this is the portapotty gameshow gingka walked into in one of tge early metal fight episodes

Jokes aside, this seems pretty neat. Hopefully they do something similar in the US as well
Haha, that's awesome. The first stop this this weekend on May 20th at a Toys R Us in Etobicoke. I'm definitely gonna go.

The rules seem to indicate that the tournaments are open to anyone 8 years of age or older: https://www.beybladebursttour.ca/rules.pdf
Wish I could go to this one this weekend! Im travelling once again, 3 weeks in a row now! I am trying my best to be able to attend AN
This looks just like the Weird on Wheels tours YTV used to do, so nothing big, although they do mention a Beyblade prize that would be worth thirty dollars, so nothing like a regular release. Awesome that the events seem to have no age limit, but again this is just for Canada, and we are always the country with the most Organized Play... Other regions are in need.
(May. 18, 2017  3:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This looks just like the Weird on Wheels tours YTV used to do, so nothing big, although they do mention a Beyblade prize that would be worth thirty dollars, so nothing like a regular release. Awesome that the events seem to have no age limit, but again this is just for Canada, and we are always the country with the most Organized Play... Other regions are in need.

Considering Burst was released in Canada in September of 2016, I would say them finally hosting some legitimate events is pretty big! More "legitimate" than the Toys R Us PlayDay (or whatever it was called) events that were held last year, at least. I mean, come on, there's a Beyblade truck; that's pretty sweet. Even Weird on Wheels years ago wasn't dedicated entirely to Beyblade each year.

I interpreted the their language for the prize being worth $30 to be vague because it could vary each time. I'd be surprised if it was actually something special. They would probably have advertised that if it was the case, like TAKARA-TOMY advertises the parts you can win at their G4 events.
I was just about to start reading the rules. As soon as I read the first new words, "Participants must be Canadian Residents." There goes my chance of participating.
@[Hato] @[Technik] @[Thokami] @[Mitsu] @[cadney] @[✱] @[Beyonomics] @[1234beyblade] @[pyrus10000] @[Tempest546] @[EX139] @[EvanTO] @[ArmaanTO] @[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] @[Minion] @[Prozak] @[Zay] @[IsaiahW] @[Hell Diablo] @[Unipegasus] @[vallabh gondkar] @[DRose] @[TheRipper27] @[Neceal] @[Rwbbyish] @[OldSchool™] @[ali12345456] @[jameschaos] @[LordSigma] @[RishiBeyblade] @[Zayan] @[Jack1] @[Keïvin] @[Jackson77] @[Hunter08] @[Zerro]

Just wanted to tag a lot of the Toronto community members to make sure they are aware of this tour! https://www.beybladebursttour.ca/

Would be great if a lot of us could show up at these events to support what Hasbro is doing! These two stops happening this weekend might be within reach for a lot of you:

• Saturday, May 20th - Toys R Us, 690 Evans Avenue, Etobicoke | 10AM-2PM
  • Monday, May 22nd - Pep Rally, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga | 12PM-4PM

I will definitely be going to the one on Saturday, and probably the one on Monday as well since it's a holiday. Hope to see you guys there!
I'll see if I can head down to the etobicoke one tomorrow Saturday. I still don't have any Hasbro beys though xD

If anyone lives close to Weston/Finch or can bus to me, I can take 4 people there and back in my car.
Would Hasbro allow TT beys at their tournaments? In the rulebook on the tour website it says only official Beyblade Burst products may be used, they didn't specifi if you could use a TT ver of beys they've released
(May. 19, 2017  8:34 PM)Mage Wrote: Would Hasbro allow TT beys at their tournaments? In the rulebook on the tour website it says only official Beyblade Burst products may be used, they didn't specifi if you could use a TT ver of beys they've released

I don't think they'll allow TT Beys.
I mean, it's a Hasbro event. I think it's safe to say they're referring to their own products honestly.

Though obviously, if people want to inquire at the event for a definite answer, that'd be more optimal. I just can't see Hasbro allowing TT stuff, haha.
And now, we people in 'Murica officially enter the standby waiting mode. Well, I have getting a Dragoon V to look forward to. Besides that, I really wish we would get the tour in America soon
(May. 19, 2017  7:50 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: I'll see if I can head down to the etobicoke one tomorrow Saturday. I still don't have any Hasbro beys though xD

You can borrow Beyblades at the event from them ... or you can borrow from 1234beyblade and I haha.

(May. 19, 2017  8:34 PM)Mage Wrote: Would Hasbro allow TT beys at their tournaments? In the rulebook on the tour website it says only official Beyblade Burst products may be used, they didn't specifi if you could use a TT ver of beys they've released

I noticed this immediately when I first read the rulebook as well haha. I do wonder whether the employees will even know the difference, but I have hopes that they would considering this is a step above TRU employees running "tournaments" like they have in the past. I'll try to find out for sure tomorrow and see what they say, but even though they don't specify it in the rulebook (which they should have), it is sort of an unwritten rule in my eyes that obviously only Hasbro Beyblade Burst products will be legal ...
(May. 20, 2017  3:34 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 19, 2017  7:50 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: I'll see if I can head down to the etobicoke one tomorrow Saturday. I still don't have any Hasbro beys though xD

You can borrow Beyblades at the event from them ... or you can borrow from 1234beyblade and I haha.

I noticed this immediately when I first read the rulebook as well haha. I do wonder whether the employees will even know the difference, but I have hopes that they would considering this is a step above TRU employees running "tournaments" like they have in the past. I'll try to find out for sure tomorrow and see what they say, but even though they don't specify it in the rulebook (which they should have), it is sort of an unwritten rule in my eyes that obviously only Hasbro Beyblade Burst products will be legal ...

Can't wait to hear their reactions XD
Some kid is probably gonna say
"IT'S NOT VALKYRIE IT'S VALTRYEK"
I wasnt able to go because, well... I needed the sleep xD
How was it, Kei? LOTS OF PICS REQUURED!
Will post more later, but you can see a story on the @worldbeyblade Instagram! Here's some interesting tidbits of info from the day today:

- They are planning to do this tour again next year across Canada. Truck/graphics etc will be updated.
- The tour next year will correspond somehow with the World Championship, which is "most likely" going to be in Canada again.
- When we asked about using TT stuff today a judge said, and I quote: "well technically you can use anything" hahaha. But 1234beyblade, Hato, and I didn't use any TT stuff. However, in my first match a kid came with a Screw Lyra (lol) and they made him change it, but only after 1234beyblade and I pointed it out.
- WBO members won all three tournaments! 1234beyblade won the first, Hato won the second, and I win the third.
- Hasbro stadium is soooo bad with that single ridge and no space between the ridge and pockets.
- These events were definitely fun, but convinced me that using Hasbro launchers only for our Hasbro Only Burst Format isn't a good idea ... The launches just aren't as consistent as TT launchers. When you try to launch powerfully, they can skip.
- Thee amount of people who showed up increased as the day went on, but we didn't have the full 16 players for any of the events. The guy I was talking to who told me about the plans for next year (he owns the company running these events for Hasbro) did kind of imply they'd advertise on Facebook more soon ... This all got finalized pretty recently, I think.
- They are also planning something for FanExpo in Toronto again this year. He also said they are going to try and have event exclusive Beyblades this time, like they do for other brands.
- The guy who I think owns the company that I was talking to about all of this said he probably was the one driving the truck the other day when OldSchool saw it haha
- And finally, he also said that he was in the area back in January and stopped by A&C Games to find out what the community was like after being awarded the job for this tour. He was impressed by how much fun everyone and was having. Pretty cool!
(May. 20, 2017  7:25 PM)Kei Wrote: Will post more later, but you can see a story on the @worldbeyblade Instagram! Here's some interesting tidbits of info from the day today:

- They are planning to do this tour again next year across Canada. Truck/graphics etc will be updated.
- The tour next year will correspond somehow with the World Championship, which is "most likely" going to be in Canada again.
- When we asked about using TT stuff today a judge said, and I quote: "well technically you can use anything" hahaha. But 1234beyblade, Hato, and I didn't use any TT stuff. However, in my first match a kid came with a Screw Lyra (lol) and they made him change it, but only after 1234beyblade and I pointed it out.
- WBO members won all three tournaments! 1234beyblade won the first, Hato won the second, and I win the third.
- Hasbro stadium is soooo bad with that single ridge and no space between the ridge and pockets.
- These events were definitely fun, but convinced me that using Hasbro launchers only for our Hasbro Only Burst Format isn't a good idea ... The launches just aren't as consistent as TT launchers. When you try to launch powerfully, they can skip.
- Thee amount of people who showed up increased as the day went on, but we didn't have the full 16 players for any of the events. The guy I was talking to who told me about the plans for next year (he owns the company running these events for Hasbro) did kind of imply they'd advertise on Facebook more soon ... This all got finalized pretty recently, I think.
- They are also planning something for FanExpo in Toronto again this year. He also said they are going to try and have event exclusive Beyblades this time, like they do for other brands.
- The guy who I think owns the company that I was talking to about all of this said he probably was the one driving the truck the other day when OldSchool saw it haha
- And finally, he also said that he was in the area back in January and stopped by A&C Games to find out what the community was like after being awarded the job for this tour. He was impressed by how much fun everyone and was having. Pretty cool!

I definitely wanna try this out when it comes to the US! I could potentially use Alta Chronos hah.
(May. 20, 2017  7:25 PM)Kei Wrote: - When we asked about using TT stuff today a judge said, and I quote: "well technically you can use anything" hahaha. But 1234beyblade, Hato, and I didn't use any TT stuff. However, in my first match a kid came with a Screw Lyra (lol) and they made him change it, but only after 1234beyblade and I pointed it out.

inb4 someone brings TT Dark Deathscyther to one of those events

This is super cool! The fact Hasbro actually appears to care about holding tournaments now is mind blowing to me, I think there were only ever two or three in Texas during MFB, and that was when MFB was super popular. Not only that, but Hasbro putting out event exclusive Beyblades (even if they are, you know, hasbro) sounds awesome. If only Hasbro's Burst wasn't practically a different game altogether, my hype levels would be through the roof.
Just posted a bunch of photos on the WBO Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BUU0vz9AD0w/

Will post the winner photos that were taken of 1234beyblade, Hato, and I later!