Burst Standard Optional Ban - Bearing Drift/Metal Bearing Drift

IMO I think Bdr should be restricted to deck format only. Now that organizers can choose any standard format for the first stage and the final stage, this would eliminate how much Bdr dominates both stages of the tourney. We may see p3c1 & 3v3 in the finals more often.
My opinions on this would be somewhat different if it were proposing a complete ban - for the current generation I think it makes sense to have the main format have no bans as this simplifies things for new players. However, this ban makes a lot of sense to have as an option, especially for people who have been playing for awhile. I’ll still be playing either way, but it would be fun to have additional drivers be more viable.
Quote:it makes sense to have the main format have no bans as this simplifies things for new players

Ain't no way people are actually arguing that "sometimes this format has banned parts, sometimes it doesn't" is easier to understand than "here's a list of parts that cannot be used in this format".
Like, this has gotta be a prank bro 🗿🗿🗿

I've gotta log off, this s**t is insane 😭
(Mar. 03, 2023  1:46 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
Quote:it makes sense to have the main format have no bans as this simplifies things for new players

Ain't no way people are actually arguing that "sometimes this format has banned parts, sometimes it doesn't" is easier to understand than "here's a list of parts that cannot be used in this format".
Like, this has gotta be a prank bro 🗿🗿🗿

I've gotta log off, this s**t is insane 😭

Hm, I guess I didn’t think about it that way. I guess I meant I prefer be able to say “you can use whatever you want” to my friends bringing their elementary school aged kids for the first time. But you’re right that having what could be viewed as a sub-format could potentially be more confusing.
(Feb. 28, 2023  12:19 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: EywG5Nz.png]
I think Standard has gone on for awhile since October and driver campaigns with the release of Bearing Drift and Metal Bearing Drift. 

The Issue
- Bearing Drift shuts down too many stamina options from being viable anymore, High Xtend+', Moment/Moment', Xtend+, Bearing', etc.. Even KO resistance can be EXTREMELY annoying with this driver to get out and survive, but attack can still somewhat manage.  

While yes it is possible to defeat BDr and MBD it has severely hindered any reason at all to use any other stamina option. On the ideal Bearing Drift being balance tuned, it will shut down and kill them.

It does not take much to look at the Winning Combos and see how much it dominates in Burst Standard. 

The Solution:
Instead of simply just banning the driver because I don't believe you can get many to agree on this, having an OPTIONAL ruleset for ranked play where BDr is banned would be ideal.

This not only promotes more diversity in combinations but also allows players to not have to resort constantly to one driver because that is what the meta demands. 

I would like anyone who goes to events (or comp testing experience) to let me know what you think :)

Hear me out because I know you are one of those that would understand what I am about to lay down here.  I completely agree that simply banning Bearing Drift is not a solution to see diversity on combos.  My solution is not to completely ban the part, but instead let the players decide if they don't want to deal with it by introducing a “Ban Phase” in a match.  In this way, players would have to risk getting their Combo banned in a match if they decided to go with a popular and powerful combo on Bearing Drift.  With a Ban Phase, players will be encouraged to be more creative on their combo-making because for example if you put Bearing Drift on Cyclone, would you consider it as a threat and ban it? The effect of having a Ban Phase is that it will eventually balance out combos if players would want their bearing drift to get through. Unless they want to use their Bearing Drift combo as a decoy to get their opponents to ban it so that they can freely plan their combos on the other beys.

Now I don't want to ruin any existing match types, so I suggest to create a new one which features 5 or more beys since WBO doesn't have a 5G and clearly does not want to be like WBBA.  Part of the problem of having less combo diversity is that existing match types only features 3 Combos at most.  All the good parts are saturated into 3 Beys and because of that, other parts, not only the Drivers, are overshadowed by obviously better parts.  I have come up with a new match type that we will introduce on the coming Beyblade World Cup, particularly the "Dark Horseman" invitational tournament. Conce will use my "DOMINATION" match type and will be featured in the first round of the Dark Horseman, below are the details. DOMINATION match type will introduce a BAN Phase which will somehow make it have a self-balancing mechanic. I also included the thought process at the end to explain more.

DOMINATION Match Type
- Main goal is to dominate your opponent, but the game mechanics makes it hard for you to do that
- The objective is to reach the target number of WINS using different beyblades
- Promotes creativity in building combos
- Features a Ban Phase

Domination Five – D5 (Has the option to go as high as D9, applicable to any stadium)
Rules:
1.  Your Lineup should consist of 5 Beyblades with no repeating parts.  
2.  Your Lineup should have no repeating driver variants. It is considered a VARIANT if they share a common name but varies because of having: –dash, metal-, or high-. Example: Metal Bearing Drift and Bearing Drift
3.  You MAY use only ONE spin changing Beyblade. (dual spin blade with dual spin core)
4.  If you decided to use ONE spin changing bey, you can also use other dual spin blade/core as long as you pair them with single spin core/blade.
5.  A list of your lineup should be submitted at the start of the tournament. Lineup change is not allowed within the tournament. You will be disqualified if you use other bey/parts not on the submitted lineup of beys. (optional but recommended)
6.  The Match starts with both players revealing ALL their beys for the judge and opposing players to inspect.
7.  After inspection phase, each player will take their take opponent's Beys and choose which Beyblade to ban.
8.  Ban Phase: Both players will reveal at the same time which beyblade they chose to ban, then returns the remaining 4 Beyblades respectively. Banned Beys will be handed over to the judge.  You cannot use the Banned Beyblade for that match.
9.  After the Ban Phase will be the Battle Rounds Phase.  
10.  A Domination “Match” will consist of the following phases:
            a. INSPECTION Phase
            b. BAN Phase
            c. BATTLE ROUNDS Phase
11.  Each “Battle Rounds” will consist of the following phases:
            a. INSPECTION Phase
            b. BAN Phase
            c. BATTLE ROUNDS Phase
                       i. Bey Reveal Phase
                       ii. Mode Change Phase
                       iii. Battle Phase
12.  BEY REVEAL Phase
           a. For the First Round, both players will reveal their chosen beyblades at the same time.  (From his 4 remaining Beyblades)
           b. For the succeeding Rounds, the winner of the previous round will pick his bey first before the loser chooses his counter-pick.
           c. If the match score gets tied at 2-2 just before the last point, both players will reveal their chosen beyblade at the same time from their 2 remaining Beyblades. This tied scenario before the final point will be called the “Match Point”.
           d. In case of a DRAW, the round will not be re-played. Players will move to the next round and will reveal their chosen Bey at the same time. Players cannot choose the Bey that got the draw on the previous round, so they need to pick from their other remaining Beys.  
13.  MODE CHANGE Phase
           a. First, both players should turn around from each other to conceal their mode change.
           b. Both players may or may not do a mode change into:
                   i. high/low mode
                   ii. spin direction
                   iii. Removal of +Z/+X attachments
                   iv. part-specific mode changes like Quattro tip change, S Gear fixed/free, etc.
14. Battle Phase:  
            a. In Domination Match Type, WINNING Beyblades are counted instead of points regardless of whether it is a 2pts Burst, a KO, or Outspin.  
            b. Whenever a player wins a round, the player will hand over his winning bey to the judge and he cannot use it again for the remainder of the match. (just to keep track of the beys that already won)
            c. For a Domination Five (D5), first player to win with 3 different beyblades, wins the MATCH. (win with 4 Beys if D6 and up to win with 7 Beys if D9, there will always be one banned bey and 2 beys to choose from when it goes to match point)
            d. A “TOTAL DOMINATION” happens when one of the players did not score a single point!
            e. A “MATCH POINT” happens when score gets tied before the last point of the match(2-2 tied score in D5). Both players will reveal their chosen bey at the same time from the 2 remaining Beyblades that they have.

Thought process in creating this Match Type Format:
1.  Some players are now worried that certain combo, or parts like Bearing Drift, is becoming overpowered and is a candidate for a part getting banned in tournaments.  My solution is not to completely ban the part, but instead let the players decide if they don't want to deal with it by introducing a “Ban Phase” in the match.  Take note that in this match type, you need to win with at least 3 different beyblades in a Match.  A combo becomes EVEN MORE OVERPOWERED if it can get multiple scores/wins in a match (at least in my opinion).  With DOMINATION, a blader will be as good as his weakest combo so combo-building will be a huge part of the game.  It will separate those bladers who are just riding the success of meta combos from those who actually knows how to build combos, have a wider knowledge on favorable matchups, and knows when to use a counter-combo.  Are you really one of the BEST players, or are you only good because you are using the BEST combos?

2.  I know that players love the counter-picking mechanic in WBO Deck Format, and Domination also features that mechanic.  This time, players need to widen their knowledge on counter-picking since you now have 5 Combos to manage and figure out.  Some niche combos might see some action since it probably won’t get banned...or won’t it?   For me, the main feature of Burst series is the combo building and this match type will bring out the best of it!

3.  Why only one driver variant is allowed? The main features of this format is the Ban Phase and I want it to be impactful! If you will ban a Beyblade with a Bearing Drift combo but your opponent still has a Metal Bearing Drift Combo, then the ban will somehow become irrelevant. I want this format to promote smart combo/lineup building and carefully planned combo synergies.  That will not be possible if someone could just use a variant of a banned driver.

4.  Why implement a spin changing rule? Personally, I believe it is long overdue that WBO needs to experience this gimmick! Some consider it Overpowered, some don’t.  Since you can ban 1 bey, it’s up to the player to decide if it is really a threat or not.

5.  Why submit a combo list before a tournament? I marked this as optional, but I highly suggest submitting a combo list before the tournament in order to prevent ILLEGAL or unsportsman-like scouting. I consider it as illegal if a player scouted an opponent’s combo, then directly making counter combos based on what they saw. In this format, a LEGAL scouting is preparing/planning your ban and how you pick based on your scouted opponent’s lineup.  You plan your action within the limits of your prepared lineup of combos.  Again, the intention of Domination Format is combo building with some decision-making skills because match outcome will vary depending on what you ban, what you pick, and how you built your lineup. Submitting a combo list will also make the matches run faster since players have fixed lineup and doesn’t need to change combos from time to time.  Judges will have the list and check them during the Inspection Phase. Anyone caught changing lineup will be disqualified.  Since lineups are fixed, only one type of stadium should be used within the duration of a regular tournament.  

6.  Domination Match Type will be known for its “Ban Feature” and smart combo building, but it actually incorporates some elements of existing Match Types:
WBO Deck Format – Counter-picking by the loser against the winner of the previous match
P3C1 – It’s all about Mind Games! Like in a “Match Point” when both of you are down to your last 2 Beys and choosing which beyblade to use can win the game. Same can be said in choosing which beyblade to ban.
3v3 – The Round 1 Bey Reveal is like the reshuffle part of 3v3 since you have seen all your opponent’s combos and you decide what you feel is best to use for your matchup
WBBA 5G – Winning with 3 different Beyblades and spin change rule

7. Domination Match Type is designed for highly competitive Bladers and is not recommended to be used by beginners.  It is ideal for the Final Stages part of a tournament and it is recommended for big events like the BWC where all the experienced and pro bladers gather to test their skills against each other.  This is also recommended for experienced communities or play groups wanting to push their limits on Blading.  I suggest you try and test this match type by having the same lineups but with different bans in each match to see if you can win matchups depending on what you ban and how you counter-pick. Then you try building specialized lineups to see how it goes. For example, a lineup that targets left-spins, or maybe a more specific one that targets wind combo, etc.

CONCLUSION:
Beyblade Burst has officially ended and at some point, the meta will settle down.  This will lead to a stale meta, and OP parts/combos will arise since there will be no new release to counter them.  By introducing the new DOMINATION match type that features a Ban Phase and encourages creativity in building a lineup of at least 5 Combos, this will keep the game fresh and interesting.  There would be no consensus BEST combo, instead, it will be about having the BEST strategy and knowing how and when to use a surprise or lesser known combo.  The BEST blader will be tested based on SKILL and KNOWLEDGE of the game, not because of just riding the best combo.
I think most people are not reading this post right because they’re crying over the fact that they think they cannot use BDR anymore. This is an OPTIONAL TOURNAMENT MODE so YES IT STILL CAN BE USED IT IS JUST UP TO THE ORGAINZER. It’s not getting a complete ban you can just now choose whether or not you want to deal with it. I swear Beyblade fans can never read smh
(Mar. 05, 2023  11:55 AM)versusENDEV Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2023  12:19 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: EywG5Nz.png]
I think Standard has gone on for awhile since October and driver campaigns with the release of Bearing Drift and Metal Bearing Drift. 

The Issue
- Bearing Drift shuts down too many stamina options from being viable anymore, High Xtend+', Moment/Moment', Xtend+, Bearing', etc.. Even KO resistance can be EXTREMELY annoying with this driver to get out and survive, but attack can still somewhat manage.  

While yes it is possible to defeat BDr and MBD it has severely hindered any reason at all to use any other stamina option. On the ideal Bearing Drift being balance tuned, it will shut down and kill them.

It does not take much to look at the Winning Combos and see how much it dominates in Burst Standard. 

The Solution:
Instead of simply just banning the driver because I don't believe you can get many to agree on this, having an OPTIONAL ruleset for ranked play where BDr is banned would be ideal.

This not only promotes more diversity in combinations but also allows players to not have to resort constantly to one driver because that is what the meta demands. 

I would like anyone who goes to events (or comp testing experience) to let me know what you think Smile

Hear me out because I know you are one of those that would understand what I am about to lay down here.  I completely agree that simply banning Bearing Drift is not a solution to see diversity on combos.  My solution is not to completely ban the part, but instead let the players decide if they don't want to deal with it by introducing a “Ban Phase” in a match.  In this way, players would have to risk getting their Combo banned in a match if they decided to go with a popular and powerful combo on Bearing Drift.  With a Ban Phase, players will be encouraged to be more creative on their combo-making because for example if you put Bearing Drift on Cyclone, would you consider it as a threat and ban it? The effect of having a Ban Phase is that it will eventually balance out combos if players would want their bearing drift to get through. Unless they want to use their Bearing Drift combo as a decoy to get their opponents to ban it so that they can freely plan their combos on the other beys.

Now I don't want to ruin any existing match types, so I suggest to create a new one which features 5 or more beys since WBO doesn't have a 5G and clearly does not want to be like WBBA.  Part of the problem of having less combo diversity is that existing match types only features 3 Combos at most.  All the good parts are saturated into 3 Beys and because of that, other parts, not only the Drivers, are overshadowed by obviously better parts.  I have come up with a new match type that we will introduce on the coming Beyblade World Cup, particularly the "Dark Horseman" invitational tournament. Conce will use my "DOMINATION" match type and will be featured in the first round of the Dark Horseman, below are the details. DOMINATION match type will introduce a BAN Phase which will somehow make it have a self-balancing mechanic. I also included the thought process at the end to explain more.

DOMINATION Match Type
- Main goal is to dominate your opponent, but the game mechanics makes it hard for you to do that
- The objective is to reach the target number of WINS using different beyblades
- Promotes creativity in building combos
- Features a Ban Phase

Domination Five – D5 (Has the option to go as high as D9, applicable to any stadium)
Rules:
1.  Your Lineup should consist of 5 Beyblades with no repeating parts.  
2.  Your Lineup should have no repeating driver variants. It is considered a VARIANT if they share a common name but varies because of having: –dash, metal-, or high-. Example: Metal Bearing Drift and Bearing Drift
3.  You MAY use only ONE spin changing Beyblade. (dual spin blade with dual spin core)
4.  If you decided to use ONE spin changing bey, you can also use other dual spin blade/core as long as you pair them with single spin core/blade.
5.  A list of your lineup should be submitted at the start of the tournament. Lineup change is not allowed within the tournament. You will be disqualified if you use other bey/parts not on the submitted lineup of beys. (optional but recommended)
6.  The Match starts with both players revealing ALL their beys for the judge and opposing players to inspect.
7.  After inspection phase, each player will take their take opponent's Beys and choose which Beyblade to ban.
8.  Ban Phase: Both players will reveal at the same time which beyblade they chose to ban, then returns the remaining 4 Beyblades respectively. Banned Beys will be handed over to the judge.  You cannot use the Banned Beyblade for that match.
9.  After the Ban Phase will be the Battle Rounds Phase.  
10.  A Domination “Match” will consist of the following phases:
            a. INSPECTION Phase
            b. BAN Phase
            c. BATTLE ROUNDS Phase
11.  Each “Battle Rounds” will consist of the following phases:
            a. INSPECTION Phase
            b. BAN Phase
            c. BATTLE ROUNDS Phase
                       i. Bey Reveal Phase
                       ii. Mode Change Phase
                       iii. Battle Phase
12.  BEY REVEAL Phase
           a. For the First Round, both players will reveal their chosen beyblades at the same time.  (From his 4 remaining Beyblades)
           b. For the succeeding Rounds, the winner of the previous round will pick his bey first before the loser chooses his counter-pick.
           c. If the match score gets tied at 2-2 just before the last point, both players will reveal their chosen beyblade at the same time from their 2 remaining Beyblades. This tied scenario before the final point will be called the “Match Point”.
           d. In case of a DRAW, the round will not be re-played. Players will move to the next round and will reveal their chosen Bey at the same time. Players cannot choose the Bey that got the draw on the previous round, so they need to pick from their other remaining Beys.  
13.  MODE CHANGE Phase
           a. First, both players should turn around from each other to conceal their mode change.
           b. Both players may or may not do a mode change into:
                   i. high/low mode
                   ii. spin direction
                   iii. Removal of +Z/+X attachments
                   iv. part-specific mode changes like Quattro tip change, S Gear fixed/free, etc.
14. Battle Phase:  
            a. In Domination Match Type, WINNING Beyblades are counted instead of points regardless of whether it is a 2pts Burst, a KO, or Outspin.  
            b. Whenever a player wins a round, the player will hand over his winning bey to the judge and he cannot use it again for the remainder of the match. (just to keep track of the beys that already won)
            c. For a Domination Five (D5), first player to win with 3 different beyblades, wins the MATCH. (win with 4 Beys if D6 and up to win with 7 Beys if D9, there will always be one banned bey and 2 beys to choose from when it goes to match point)
            d. A “TOTAL DOMINATION” happens when one of the players did not score a single point!
            e. A “MATCH POINT” happens when score gets tied before the last point of the match(2-2 tied score in D5). Both players will reveal their chosen bey at the same time from the 2 remaining Beyblades that they have.

Thought process in creating this Match Type Format:
1.  Some players are now worried that certain combo, or parts like Bearing Drift, is becoming overpowered and is a candidate for a part getting banned in tournaments.  My solution is not to completely ban the part, but instead let the players decide if they don't want to deal with it by introducing a “Ban Phase” in the match.  Take note that in this match type, you need to win with at least 3 different beyblades in a Match.  A combo becomes EVEN MORE OVERPOWERED if it can get multiple scores/wins in a match (at least in my opinion).  With DOMINATION, a blader will be as good as his weakest combo so combo-building will be a huge part of the game.  It will separate those bladers who are just riding the success of meta combos from those who actually knows how to build combos, have a wider knowledge on favorable matchups, and knows when to use a counter-combo.  Are you really one of the BEST players, or are you only good because you are using the BEST combos?

2.  I know that players love the counter-picking mechanic in WBO Deck Format, and Domination also features that mechanic.  This time, players need to widen their knowledge on counter-picking since you now have 5 Combos to manage and figure out.  Some niche combos might see some action since it probably won’t get banned...or won’t it?   For me, the main feature of Burst series is the combo building and this match type will bring out the best of it!

3.  Why only one driver variant is allowed? The main features of this format is the Ban Phase and I want it to be impactful! If you will ban a Beyblade with a Bearing Drift combo but your opponent still has a Metal Bearing Drift Combo, then the ban will somehow become irrelevant. I want this format to promote smart combo/lineup building and carefully planned combo synergies.  That will not be possible if someone could just use a variant of a banned driver.

4.  Why implement a spin changing rule? Personally, I believe it is long overdue that WBO needs to experience this gimmick! Some consider it Overpowered, some don’t.  Since you can ban 1 bey, it’s up to the player to decide if it is really a threat or not.

5.  Why submit a combo list before a tournament? I marked this as optional, but I highly suggest submitting a combo list before the tournament in order to prevent ILLEGAL or unsportsman-like scouting. I consider it as illegal if a player scouted an opponent’s combo, then directly making counter combos based on what they saw. In this format, a LEGAL scouting is preparing/planning your ban and how you pick based on your scouted opponent’s lineup.  You plan your action within the limits of your prepared lineup of combos.  Again, the intention of Domination Format is combo building with some decision-making skills because match outcome will vary depending on what you ban, what you pick, and how you built your lineup. Submitting a combo list will also make the matches run faster since players have fixed lineup and doesn’t need to change combos from time to time.  Judges will have the list and check them during the Inspection Phase. Anyone caught changing lineup will be disqualified.  Since lineups are fixed, only one type of stadium should be used within the duration of a regular tournament.  

6.  Domination Match Type will be known for its “Ban Feature” and smart combo building, but it actually incorporates some elements of existing Match Types:
WBO Deck Format – Counter-picking by the loser against the winner of the previous match
P3C1 – It’s all about Mind Games! Like in a “Match Point” when both of you are down to your last 2 Beys and choosing which beyblade to use can win the game. Same can be said in choosing which beyblade to ban.
3v3 – The Round 1 Bey Reveal is like the reshuffle part of 3v3 since you have seen all your opponent’s combos and you decide what you feel is best to use for your matchup
WBBA 5G – Winning with 3 different Beyblades and spin change rule

7. Domination Match Type is designed for highly competitive Bladers and is not recommended to be used by beginners.  It is ideal for the Final Stages part of a tournament and it is recommended for big events like the BWC where all the experienced and pro bladers gather to test their skills against each other.  This is also recommended for experienced communities or play groups wanting to push their limits on Blading.  I suggest you try and test this match type by having the same lineups but with different bans in each match to see if you can win matchups depending on what you ban and how you counter-pick. Then you try building specialized lineups to see how it goes. For example, a lineup that targets left-spins, or maybe a more specific one that targets wind combo, etc.

CONCLUSION:
Beyblade Burst has officially ended and at some point, the meta will settle down.  This will lead to a stale meta, and OP parts/combos will arise since there will be no new release to counter them.  By introducing the new DOMINATION match type that features a Ban Phase and encourages creativity in building a lineup of at least 5 Combos, this will keep the game fresh and interesting.  There would be no consensus BEST combo, instead, it will be about having the BEST strategy and knowing how and when to use a surprise or lesser known combo.  The BEST blader will be tested based on SKILL and KNOWLEDGE of the game, not because of just riding the best combo.

"Hear me out because I know you are one of those that would understand what I am about to lay down here.  I completely agree that simply banning Bearing Drift is not a solution to see diversity on combos.  My solution is not to completely ban the part, but instead let the players decide if they don't want to deal with it by introducing a “Ban Phase” in a match. "

For simplicity sake, I believe just having the option of it is completely allowed or not, that is what is meant by the original pitch. 

In a tournament b4 players sign up they would know if they the part is banned or not similar to RDF being banned in standard, the players make that choice ahead of time.

Thank you for your input.
If your main concern is about combo diversity, having an optional ban of Bearing Drift will not solve it. It is just like having an option to revert back to the previous driver meta before BDr was released. You still play with 3 Beys which is a BIG factor in having less combo diversity. Other parts, not only the drivers, will still be overshadowed by better parts because of limited slots. For me, the only solution to combo diversity is to increase the number of Beys played. Either WBO adapts a version of WBBA 5G or introduce a new match type that supports at least 5 Beys which is I am proposing with Domination Match Type. By having a Ban Phase during a match, it eliminates 1 driver, blade, core, disc, and armor. It will give an opportunity for other parts/combos to shine, and the ban choice completely under the hands of the player and will vary depending on his strategy and lineup of combos presented.
(Mar. 05, 2023  11:15 PM)versusENDEV Wrote: If your main concern is about combo diversity, having an optional ban of Bearing Drift will not solve it. It is just like having an option to revert back to the previous driver meta before BDr was released. You still play with 3 Beys which is a BIG factor in having less combo diversity. Other parts, not only the drivers, will still be overshadowed by better parts because of limited slots. For me, the only solution to combo diversity is to increase the number of Beys played. Either WBO adapts a version of WBBA 5G or introduce a new match type that supports at least 5 Beys which is I am proposing with Domination Match Type. By having a Ban Phase during a match, it eliminates 1 driver, blade, core, disc, and armor. It will give an opportunity for other parts/combos to shine, and the ban choice completely under the hands of the player and will vary depending on his strategy and lineup of combos presented.

Your completely wrong about this. Before BDR the meta was pretty balanced and nothing really overpowered anything. Spamina Drivers were all somewhat interchangeable on the right combos and if on the right combos could equally tackle each other if you struggled to defeat Spamina Attack existed to KO Stuff. But BDR straight up kinda demolishes everything especially if you know how to balance-tune it. Also if you're proposing something then go do it in another thread instead of bringing it up in their proposal thread. It seems as if you haven't even been to any tournaments so where are you basing your evidence from? I strongly support optional BDR (As a friend of mine and I were also thinking about it together before this post was created.) Also, ban phases seem quite unnecessary as the only thing in Burst that I'd argue you could call overpowered is Bearing Drift. (Damn, bro wrote a whole essay tho)
Don't mix up combo divesity and having a balanced/unbalanced meta. I clearly stated at first what I was talking about. You can have less diversity but still have a balanced meta. Having an optional ban of BDr is just a short term and patch up solution on balancing the 3 Bey meta. Eventually, the meta will become stale and boring since you will see almost the same parts in a competitive 3 Bey format. You won't see that much drivers in a 3 bey format for the obvious reason that slots are limited.

Most of you don't realize how big is the impact of BDr on a 3-Bey format when compared to a 5-Bey format or more because you don't have enough experience on it. In 3v3, it can give you 2 out of the 3 points needed to win. In a deck format, it can give you even more points out of the 5 needed to win. In p3c1, it can win you the whole match. As I have already mentioned, it becomes even more OP because it can give you more than 1 point in a match. In 5G, it is just a single point.

If you want long term solution, more Bey is the way.
(Mar. 06, 2023  8:37 PM)versusENDEV Wrote: Don't mix up combo divesity and having a balanced/unbalanced meta. I clearly stated at first what I was talking about.  You can have less diversity but still have a balanced meta. Having an optional ban of BDr is just a short term and patch up solution on balancing the 3 Bey meta. Eventually, the meta will become stale and boring since you will see almost the same parts in a competitive 3 Bey format. You won't see that much drivers in a 3 bey format for the obvious reason that slots are limited.

Most of you don't realize how big is the impact of BDr on a 3-Bey format when compared to a 5-Bey format or more because you don't have enough experience on it. In 3v3, it can give you 2 out of the 3 points needed to win. In a deck format, it can give you even more points out of the 5 needed to win. In p3c1, it can win you the whole match. As I have already mentioned, it becomes even more OP because it can give you more than 1 point in a match. In 5G, it is just a single point.

Completely agree. Banning bdr would also not help attack types as some people may believe. Implementing 5g and or 2-point knockouts/wall bounce would buff attack types and balance the meta much better.

Should we also ban Hxt+ and drift for being so good in same spin and opposite spin so other drivers can shine? There are better ways to buff attack beys instead of banning a middle-ground stamina driver from an 80$ set.
(Mar. 06, 2023  9:05 PM)Zektor Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2023  8:37 PM)versusENDEV Wrote: Don't mix up combo divesity and having a balanced/unbalanced meta. I clearly stated at first what I was talking about.  You can have less diversity but still have a balanced meta. Having an optional ban of BDr is just a short term and patch up solution on balancing the 3 Bey meta. Eventually, the meta will become stale and boring since you will see almost the same parts in a competitive 3 Bey format. You won't see that much drivers in a 3 bey format for the obvious reason that slots are limited.

Completely agree. Banning bdr would also not help attack types as some people may believe. Implementing 5g and or 2-point knockouts/wall bounce would buff attack types and balance the meta much better.

Should we also ban Hxt+ and drift for being so good in same spin and opposite spin so other drivers can shine? There are better ways to buff attack beys instead of banning a middle-ground stamina driver from an 80$ set.

No Zektor we shouldn't ban HXt+' or Drift because they don't cover the same ground that Bearing Drift or Metal Bearing Drift does, that is what Th!nk explained in the first reply and what I said with why BDr is not healthy in standard. 

Whether same or opposite Mm, Mm', Br, Br', HXt+', MNv, Nv, HWv', Wv', Zn'+HasZ, Zn'+Z, Xt+, Mb, Rs, HCh' (Awakened), Al, Kc, Qt, Qt', Y, Zn' - cannot work at all or as effectively in the Standard meta because Bearing Drift(MBD too) exists.

That is what is meant by the part is oppressive, that is what most feel when talking about BDr.

The option of either allowed or optional banned is the most reasonable solution, because then there are options that are easier to use without BDr(and MBD) around.
(Mar. 06, 2023  11:09 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2023  9:05 PM)Zektor Wrote: Completely agree. Banning bdr would also not help attack types as some people may believe. Implementing 5g and or 2-point knockouts/wall bounce would buff attack types and balance the meta much better.

No Zektor we shouldn't ban HXt+' or Drift because they don't cover the same ground that Bearing Drift or Metal Bearing Drift does, that is what Th!nk explained in the first reply and what I said with why BDr is not healthy in standard. 

Whether same or opposite Mm, Mm', Br, Br', HXt+', MNv, Nv, HWv', Wv', Zn'+HasZ, Zn'+Z, Xt+, Mb, Rs, HCh' (Awakened), Al, Kc, Qt, Qt', Y, Zn' - cannot work at all or as effectively in the Standard meta because Bearing Drift(MBD too) exists.

That is what is meant by the part is oppressive, that is what most feel when talking about BDr.

The option of either allowed or optional banned is the most reasonable solution, because then there are options that are easier to use without BDr(and MBD) around.

I agree that organizers should have the option to ban parts for their unranked events if they see fit. (I would run an event with rubber flats only lol) I dont like it for ranked though just imo.
This is exactly the reason why I am proposing a Ban Phase because each Blader have their own play style and strategies. It will reward the Blader who can execute their strategy. Having a ban incorporated in a match will make the game dynamic because it will depend on the player what he wants to ban. It will also result to players adjusting their combo builds depending on their strategy of what to ban or what they don't want their opponents to ban from their lineup. Outright banning of a part is not a long term solution especially if it is just optional. It is just like a hotfix or a quick patch solution for the short term. There is always the unranked tournaments where you can optionally ban parts.

For me, having a ban phase will keep the meta healthy. It will eventually balance out the meta because players need to adapt and adjust. Outright banning of a part will hurt those who spend 80$ just to play BDr. Not everyone has a big budget. They can still play with BDr, but they need to adjust their build if they don't want their opponent to ban their combo. Outright banning is just one solution, I prefer limiting the impact of an OP part like BDr is a better long term solution. I don't know what other games you guys are playing/played but for sure I know you get my point why games have ban phase on competitive play.
I don't have much more to add that hasn't been said but I am all for organizers being able to ban pieces for ranked events. I think we could use the watchlist in conjunction with it. Like in Gen 4 if we have any watchlisted parts, organizers can choose to ban that part for their event and keep it ranked.
(Mar. 07, 2023  2:19 AM)versusENDEV Wrote: This is exactly the reason why I am proposing a Ban Phase because each Blader have their own play style and strategies.  It will reward the Blader who can execute their strategy.   Having a ban incorporated in a match will make the game dynamic because it will depend on the player what he wants to ban. It will also result to players adjusting their combo builds depending on their strategy of what to ban or what they don't want their opponents to ban from their lineup.  Outright banning of a part is not a long term solution especially if it is just optional. It is just like a hotfix or a quick patch solution for the short term.  There is always the unranked tournaments where you can optionally ban parts.  

For me, having a ban phase will keep the meta healthy. It will eventually balance out the meta because players need to adapt and adjust. Outright banning of a part will hurt those who spend 80$ just to play BDr.  Not everyone has a big budget.  They can still play with BDr, but they need to adjust their build if they don't want their opponent to ban their combo.  Outright banning is just one solution, I prefer limiting the impact of an OP part like BDr is a better long term solution.  I don't know what other games you guys are playing/played but for sure I know you get my point why games have ban phase on competitive play.

"Outright banning of a part is not a long term solution especially if it is just optional"

My proposal is not a perma ban of BDr or MBD, it is organizers can choose whether they host a ranked event where it is banned or where it is not banned. 

"Outright banning of a part will hurt those who spend 80$ just to play BDr." 

Again, my proposal is the OPTION for an organizer to host it banned or allowed, this means organizers can simply host BDr allowed or not host BDR allowed.

BDr/MBD not being allowed allows for more options to be used which does make the meta healthy, that is why myself, Th!nk have already explained and now myself repeated multiple times why BDr/MBD is a problem.

There can always be unranked events if you want to do your format or 5G, 6G, 10G 15G, whatever you have unranked that you can do.

Also I am adding this in but by your logic of this 80 dollar. whatever being  "unfair" isn't BDr being banned more fair to the hundreds of dollars ppl spent on other drivers?

Idk why we gotta go hoops and hurdels for simplicity sake
(Mar. 06, 2023  8:37 PM)versusENDEV Wrote: Don't mix up combo divesity and having a balanced/unbalanced meta. I clearly stated at first what I was talking about. You can have less diversity but still have a balanced meta. Having an optional ban of BDr is just a short term and patch up solution on balancing the 3 Bey meta. Eventually, the meta will become stale and boring since you will see almost the same parts in a competitive 3 Bey format. You won't see that much drivers in a 3 bey format for the obvious reason that slots are limited.

You still don’t understand the point though. We’re trying not to make the meta boring by just having BDR clap everything and it is an OPTIONAL FORMAT IT IS NOT GETTING BANNED PERMENANTLY. It’s as if what I’m saying isn’t being read properly. You know how annoying it is for some players that they’re combinations now are totally going to be clapped when BDR comes in and you can’t spend 80$ on a Beyblade set for just a couple parts. And not even going to lie most spamina battles are boring to watch for 10 Minutes straight and when you can’t beat Spamina you usually back up to Attack but Attack has trouble KO’ing BDR. I seriously don’t think your understanding because you keep talking as if BDR is Permenantly getting banned when it isn’t
Let us do this problem solving properly and organized to avoid confusion and misunderstanding. First, I think we can all agree on the main issue/problem.

WHAT is the problem?
- Since Burst has already ended and the meta is now settling down, it is very clear that BDr/MBD proves to be the best driver option and is overpowering other drivers.

WHY is it a problem?
1. It creates an unbalanced meta for all the WBO 3-Bey match types.
2. It leads to less combo diversity.
3. No more new releases that can counter it.

HOW can we solve the problem?
1. By Permanently Banning - which most of us do not agree
2. Optional Banning - which I agree as a quick fix, patch up solution
3. Integrating a Ban Phase to new match type that supports 5 or more Combo Lineup - sure it is more complex and harder to do/implement, but it will also be much more rewarding and helpful in the long run. If any of you truly wants to shake up the meta, then you need to do something different to actually get a different result. Solution#2 will work, but I don't see it as a long term solution because we already experienced and know what the meta is like before BDr/MBD was released. Not much has actually changed in the competitive scene except for a few blades or cores that you can use within the 3 Bey limit. Why go back when you can do something to move forward?
4. There are many ways to solve a problem, and these are just 3. I believe someone can suggest an even better solution to our main problem.
(Mar. 08, 2023  1:48 AM)versusENDEV Wrote: Let us do this problem solving properly and organized to avoid confusion and misunderstanding.  First, I think we can all agree on the main issue/problem.

WHAT is the problem?
- Since Burst has already ended and the meta is now settling down, it is very clear that BDr/MBD proves to be the best driver option and is overpowering other drivers.

WHY is it a problem?

3. Integrating a Ban Phase to new match type that supports 5 or more Combo Lineup - sure it is more complex and harder to do/implement, but it will also be much more rewarding and helpful in the long run.  If any of you truly wants to shake up the meta, then you need to do something different to actually get a different  result.  Solution#2 will work, but I don't see it as a long term solution because we already experienced and know what the meta is like before BDr/MBD was released.  Not much has actually changed in the competitive scene except for a few blades or cores that you can use within the 3 Bey limit. Why go back when you can do something to move forward?
4.  There are many ways to solve a problem, and these are just 3.  I believe someone can suggest an even better solution to our main problem.

Yes I think the approach here is more fair for that, before I was confused because you meant it in a way like the first two don't work out, all 3 I am fine with so that is equal for what people can decide.

To be clear too there is no easy solution even for stuff like this because you can't please everyone, I think the input here is good it is up to OP later on for whatever choice they make.
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:36 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  1:48 AM)versusENDEV Wrote: Let us do this problem solving properly and organized to avoid confusion and misunderstanding.  First, I think we can all agree on the main issue/problem.

WHAT is the problem?

WHY is it a problem?

3. Integrating a Ban Phase to new match type that supports 5 or more Combo Lineup - sure it is more complex and harder to do/implement, but it will also be much more rewarding and helpful in the long run.  If any of you truly wants to shake up the meta, then you need to do something different to actually get a different  result.  Solution#2 will work, but I don't see it as a long term solution because we already experienced and know what the meta is like before BDr/MBD was released.  Not much has actually changed in the competitive scene except for a few blades or cores that you can use within the 3 Bey limit. Why go back when you can do something to move forward?
4.  There are many ways to solve a problem, and these are just 3.  I believe someone can suggest an even better solution to our main problem.

Yes I think the approach here is more fair for that, before I was confused because you meant it in a way like the first two don't work out, all 3 I am fine with so that is equal for what people can decide.

To be clear too there is no easy solution even for stuff like this because you can't please everyone, I think the input here is good it is up to OP later on for whatever choice they make.

You make a point. (this part is purely a conspiracy theory ok, and you might misunderstand what I mean by this) I'm starting to get a feeling from other members that it's more about the Burst rankings or wins that people care about, or at least that's what I'm noticing. Standard is the only way to get BR ranking and everyone winning is using BDr, and if that ban option is approved, then they have to rely on something new and risky. Lower/newer ranking bladers want to add optional bans to prevent higher ranking (and richer/older) bladers from just turning it into a stamina battle the entire time and vice-versa. Lastly, long-time bladers are probably just not used to changes in standard, it's a simple concept, but hard to accept.
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:58 PM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:36 PM)originalzankye Wrote: Yes I think the approach here is more fair for that, before I was confused because you meant it in a way like the first two don't work out, all 3 I am fine with so that is equal for what people can decide.

You make a point. (this part is purely a conspiracy theory ok, and you might misunderstand what I mean by this) I'm starting to get a feeling from other members that it's more about the Burst rankings or wins that people care about, or at least that's what I'm noticing. Standard is the only way to get BR ranking and everyone winning is using BDr, and if that ban option is approved, then they have to rely on something new and risky. Lower/newer ranking bladers want to add optional bans to prevent higher ranking (and richer/older) bladers from just turning it into a stamina battle the entire time and vice-versa. Lastly, long-time bladers are probably just not used to changes in standard, it's a simple concept, but hard to accept.

I think without trying to target anyone in specific, I do believe that is a contributing factor to certain changes that some COULD want or not want, however it is important to not generalize, some can just disagree for whatever reason. 

I do think personally that optional should not even have been controversial at all really, the idea that organizers can have the option to have it legal or banned is very straight forward, the option for whatever 10g is fine but I think can just be left unranked I don't think 5 combos means real meta diversity like that.

I think you have the right idea to the extent, part of the issues is just how rankings are so some may feel protective of whatever ranking.

I get what you mean just be civil because pointing fingers like that is a bit dangerous.
(Mar. 09, 2023  12:18 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:58 PM)lil-iz Wrote: You make a point. (this part is purely a conspiracy theory ok, and you might misunderstand what I mean by this) I'm starting to get a feeling from other members that it's more about the Burst rankings or wins that people care about, or at least that's what I'm noticing. Standard is the only way to get BR ranking and everyone winning is using BDr, and if that ban option is approved, then they have to rely on something new and risky. Lower/newer ranking bladers want to add optional bans to prevent higher ranking (and richer/older) bladers from just turning it into a stamina battle the entire time and vice-versa. Lastly, long-time bladers are probably just not used to changes in standard, it's a simple concept, but hard to accept.

I think without trying to target anyone in specific, I do believe that is a contributing factor to certain changes that some COULD want or not want, however it is important to not generalize, some can just disagree for whatever reason. 

I do think personally that optional should not even have been controversial at all really, the idea that organizers can have the option to have it legal or banned is very straight forward, the option for whatever 10g is fine but I think can just be left unranked I don't think 5 combos means real meta diversity like that.

I think you have the right idea to the extent, part of the issues is just how rankings are so some may feel protective of whatever ranking.

I get what you mean just be civil because pointing fingers like that is a bit dangerous.

To be honest, this was one of the reasons why I was so adamant earlier about it being a full part ban rather than an optional one. Admittedly, a number of these fears are mostly based on what I would probably do if I was an organizer (which is one of the many reasons why I don't ever plan on becoming one), rather than any real suspicions of the actual organizers who keep this community alive.

It just seems to me as though the most likely scenario will be that organizers who own BDr will allow it, and those who don't, won't. If someone has access to one of the strongest parts in the game and has the ability to allow its use, they'll most likely allow it. That makes the most sense, right?

Even if that ends up not being the case, what if all the organizers in your area opt to allow BDr? Do you have to become an organizer in order to have BDr-less tournaments you can go to?

At the end of the day, if it's the only way to get rid of BDr, I'll support the optional ban. It's not my first choice, but it's better than nothing. But I still have to ask... what's the benefit of an optional ban over an actual ban, if most people agree the part is a problem?

(Mar. 09, 2023  12:18 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2023  11:58 PM)lil-iz Wrote: You make a point. (this part is purely a conspiracy theory ok, and you might misunderstand what I mean by this) I'm starting to get a feeling from other members that it's more about the Burst rankings or wins that people care about, or at least that's what I'm noticing. Standard is the only way to get BR ranking and everyone winning is using BDr, and if that ban option is approved, then they have to rely on something new and risky. Lower/newer ranking bladers want to add optional bans to prevent higher ranking (and richer/older) bladers from just turning it into a stamina battle the entire time and vice-versa. Lastly, long-time bladers are probably just not used to changes in standard, it's a simple concept, but hard to accept.

Thanks, thought I'd be the only one who thought that. Don't worry lol, I ain't trying to pick a fight with anyone. But if the optional ban is taken into place, I'm hoping it allows ranked. Also, if anything why not make a video on the topic to get more feedback?

That sounds good, but more bey doesn't mean more diversity. And I mean it literally, having more different layers, drivers, and disks doesn't mean it's a more diverse format. You can have 5 different beys that do the exact same thing. I don't think 3 stamina types and 2 attack types is any more diverse than 2 stamina types and 1 attack type. You need to have a basis that allows for more diverse combo types like in MFB or old burst classic in order for just making it 5v5 to work. All it means is that people have to resort to outclassed versions of things they were already using, and if by "diversity" you mean strictly "how many layers people are using", then yes, in fact making people have to use more beys will mean people using more beys, but that's not the point of diversity. People should feel like they have a choice of combo or type with diversity. Like when I played classic back in the day, I very much had the "alright, how am I gonna play this. What different strategies am I gonna use this time?" Thoughts whenever I had to make a deck. Previously in standard, I'd have to say "ok, I know I wanna use two stamina types and an attack type, but which stamina type should I make perform better in same spin? How about opposite spin? Should I make one of them be more of a middle ground, or should I make it full on same spin? Should I use attack myself, or should I focus on countering the opponent's attack type with a more anti attack style combo?" Now it's just "which one am I gonna make OP and which one am I gonna not put Bdr on?" Yeah, there would be more of the choices in 5v5, but that's only cuz I run out of options that are optimal after I've used ny Bdr combo and have to use worse stuff. If you ban Bdr, then I don't feel like I have to play unoptimal stuff to fill out my roster. Good thought for sure, and I do really like 5v5 (probably my favorite format besides deck), but I don't think it would fix the current issue from a standpoint other than the most blatant and literal way possible of "more=better". B
better=better, not more. More can equal better, but not inherently.
One consequence of optional banning is it will divide the community in the long run. Sure, it solves the problem for the moment but how about in the future? Organizers have the the optional ban and players have the option to attend which will lead to further thin out what is already a small competitive scene. If the organizer in your area always chose the "option" to ban, what else can you do if you don't like it? Be an organizer? Let's say you become an organizer, who will come to your tournament with BDr allowed? Another thing to consider is how often is the tournament in your area? Once a month? So you need to wait atleast 2 months and hope that the organizer in your area chose the option that you prefer. At some point, players will have no other choice but to join whichever the organizer decides to. It sounds good when you tag it as optional, but I can see the ban "option" becoming a norm in the future for the obvious reason that BDr is OP in certain combos.

If a ban mechanic is integrated in the match format itself, it will cater for everyone and not for specific players that like/don't like to play with BDr.. Players can ban a BDr combo in their match if they don't want to deal with it, and players also have the strategy to adjust their BDr combo that they will bring if they don't want it to get banned by their opponent. It doesn't need to be an organizer's choice, instead make it part of the game so that it bocomes the player's choice. Most organizers play their own tournaments, so don't give the power to ban a part on a single player.