Rage - Win KO
Achilles - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO

Just putting some more down. He's an excellent bey, probably even in the top 3, but I still wouldn't want to see him banned. I'm already seeing Lord in every deck but he's not banned, what's the harm in letting sparking beys take a consistent spot? As I said, he'll likely be outclassed or made to be on even footing by what they're planning to release, so to stifle a growing meta isn't desirable.

Edit - More testing

Curse Hyperion 2A Ultimate Reboot'
Vs
Rage Longinus 3A Ultimate Reboot'

Curse - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win OS
Curse - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Curse - Win OS
Curse - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Curse - Win OS
Rage - Win OS
(Jul. 11, 2020  11:36 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: So I did some testing to see if Rage has what it takes to beat one of my consistent combos.

(LC) Airknight Wheel Hold'
Vs
Rage Longinus 3A Spiral'

Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS

Vs
Rage Longinus 3A Destroy'

Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO

People really need to explore more rather than call for a ban. Airknight made this look easy.

Edit - I'm now officially excited for the yellow Airknight to properly match my Hold' in color.

Edit 2 - More testing

Vs

Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO

I still don't see Rage or 3A being ban worthy.
Your testing isn’t really one hundred percent perfect, let me explain. Firstly Spiral dash isn’t the greatest driver to test any combo on and second, you tested it against air Knight. Air knight may be able to specifically beat Longinus combos but the layer itself is outclassed and will lose to a lot of other combos in the meta (spin equalization and same spin stamina) so it’s not like people can actually use air knight and consistently win tournaments. Basically what I mean is, Air Knight is easily dominated by same spin stamina and equilization combos so people won’t risk going out of their way to use it just to defeat Longinus combos. You actually have to test the bey against combos that have good versatility against a large multitude of beys. We also have to take into consideration the 3A chassis chassis allegedly damaging and tearing up rubber parts and badly denting plastic as well (never heard of it tearing up plastic though).

Edit: also just realized Air Knight Wheel Hold dash. Definitely a combo only good against particular left spin bey with moderate LAD.
(Jul. 11, 2020  2:25 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  11:36 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: So I did some testing to see if Rage has what it takes to beat one of my consistent combos.

Vs
Rage Longinus 3A Spiral'

Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS

Vs
Rage Longinus 3A Destroy'

Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO

People really need to explore more rather than call for a ban. Airknight made this look easy.

Edit - I'm now officially excited for the yellow Airknight to properly match my Hold' in color.

Edit 2 - More testing

Vs

Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Airknight - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Rage - Win KO

I still don't see Rage or 3A being ban worthy.
Your testing isn’t really one hundred percent perfect, let me explain. Firstly Spiral dash isn’t the greatest driver to test any combo on and second, you tested it against air Knight. Air knight may be able to specifically beat Longinus combos but the layer itself is outclassed and will lose to a lot of other combos in the meta (spin equalization and same spin stamina) so it’s not like people can actually use air knight and consistently win tournaments. Basically what I mean is, Air Knight is easily dominated by same spin stamina and equilization combos so people won’t risk going out of their way to use it just to defeat Longinus combos. You actually have to test the bey against combos that have good versatility against a large multitude of beys. We also have to take into consideration the 3A chassis chassis allegedly damaging and tearing up rubber parts and badly denting plastic as well (never heard of it tearing up plastic though).

Edit: also just realized Air Knight Wheel Hold dash. Definitely a combo only good against particular left spin bey with moderate LAD.

I play with a more Japanese philosophy, mostly because of the 5G battles we play. I look to counter specific things with unique combos so I can surprise people in actual battles. Even though Airknight isn't top tier, he's certainly earned a spot on my 5G team for being able to handle lefts so well.
(Jul. 11, 2020  2:49 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  2:25 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Your testing isn’t really one hundred percent perfect, let me explain. Firstly Spiral dash isn’t the greatest driver to test any combo on and second, you tested it against air Knight. Air knight may be able to specifically beat Longinus combos but the layer itself is outclassed and will lose to a lot of other combos in the meta (spin equalization and same spin stamina) so it’s not like people can actually use air knight and consistently win tournaments. Basically what I mean is, Air Knight is easily dominated by same spin stamina and equilization combos so people won’t risk going out of their way to use it just to defeat Longinus combos. You actually have to test the bey against combos that have good versatility against a large multitude of beys. We also have to take into consideration the 3A chassis chassis allegedly damaging and tearing up rubber parts and badly denting plastic as well (never heard of it tearing up plastic though).

I play with a more Japanese philosophy, mostly because of the 5G battles we play. I look to counter specific things with unique combos so I can surprise people in actual battles. Even though Airknight isn't top tier, he's certainly earned a spot on my 5G team for being able to handle lefts so well.

Oh sorry I didn’t know you were Japanese. I still somewhat stand by what I said though particularly for the banning and the fact that we should try putting Rage up against slightly varied combos.
While maybe it didn't beat any of your combos, there are alot of counters to it. Everything can still co-exist, and while maybe rage is a stronger than some in the grand meta its not to powerful or anything like that. The damaging rubber is a problem, but it would wear down anyways. Also plastic, but if there's metal that can hit the other bey it will wear down the other bey.

If anything I would only ban 3A since it can damage rubber, or at least be careful when using 3A. The normal Rage ring on its own wouldn't do enough damage without 3A to wear down other rubbers extremely fast.
(Jul. 11, 2020  3:16 PM)snoc Wrote: While maybe it didn't beat any of your combos, there are alot of counters to it. Everything can still co-exist, and while maybe rage is a stronger than some in the grand meta its not to powerful or anything like that. The damaging rubber is a problem, but it would wear down anyways. Also plastic, but if there's metal that can hit the other bey it will wear down the other bey.

If anything I would only ban 3A since it can damage rubber, or at least be careful when using 3A. The normal Rage ring on its own wouldn't do enough damage without 3A to wear down other rubbers extremely fast.

Rage on 2S has insane recoil, and destroys pretty much everything in sight.
Last bit of testing, now our real games begin.

Super Hyperion 2A Xtend+
Vs

Super - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
Super - Win KO
Super - Win OS
Super - Win OS
Super - Win OS
Super - Win OS
Super - Win KO
Super - Win OS
Rage - Win KO
(Jul. 11, 2020  3:18 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  3:16 PM)snoc Wrote: While maybe it didn't beat any of your combos, there are alot of counters to it. Everything can still co-exist, and while maybe rage is a  stronger than some in the grand meta its not to powerful or anything like that. The damaging rubber is a problem, but it would wear down anyways. Also plastic, but if there's metal that can hit the other bey it will wear down the other bey.

That’s more of a smash attacker than something that actually destroys beys.
(Jul. 11, 2020  3:18 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  3:16 PM)snoc Wrote: While maybe it didn't beat any of your combos, there are alot of counters to it. Everything can still co-exist, and while maybe rage is a  stronger than some in the grand meta its not to powerful or anything like that. The damaging rubber is a problem, but it would wear down anyways. Also plastic, but if there's metal that can hit the other bey it will wear down the other bey.

But it doesn't wear down stuff as much. It can be strong, be as long as it doesn't have that extra metal Rage should be fine.
(Jul. 11, 2020  1:13 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Alright, so I was talking with BuilderROB yesterday about this, and I was actually going to post a thread like this today, but he beat me to it lol.
So, I've been doing testing of my own. Some of it is mentioned in this thread. But I have a few more tests that I need to post. Maybe this will change everyone's minds.

I can appreciate the testing, but it seems like people are still trying to rely on Xt+ for everything. If you can't find an Xt+ combo that can beat Rage, then maybe you should start looking at other drivers?
If the current best defense-stamina hybrids aren't working, then try some purebred defense types?
(Jul. 11, 2020  9:11 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  1:13 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Alright, so I was talking with BuilderROB yesterday about this, and I was actually going to post a thread like this today, but he beat me to it lol.
So, I've been doing testing of my own. Some of it is mentioned in this thread. But I have a few more tests that I need to post. Maybe this will change everyone's minds.

I can appreciate the testing, but it seems like people are still trying to rely on Xt+ for everything. If you can't find an Xt+ combo that can beat Rage, then maybe you should start looking at other drivers?
If the current best defense-stamina hybrids aren't working, then try some purebred defense types?
Trying to find some competitive pure defense type combos these days would be hard but it shouldn’t be impossible. It’s not the worst idea.
(Jul. 11, 2020  9:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  9:11 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I can appreciate the testing, but it seems like people are still trying to rely on Xt+ for everything. If you can't find an Xt+ combo that can beat Rage, then maybe you should start looking at other drivers?
Trying to find some competitive pure defense type combos these days would be hard but it shouldn’t be impossible. It’s not the worst idea.
Yeah, Perfect Phoenix Wheel Keep' is great.
We should ban Rage on 3A indeed. It BROKE my Hybrid driver in ONE hit!!!
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:18 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote: We should ban Rage on 3A indeed. It BROKE my Hybrid driver in ONE hit!!!
That’s really interesting, it even tears driver apart. Do you happen to have a picture or could you take one?
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:20 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:18 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote: We should ban Rage on 3A indeed. It BROKE my Hybrid driver in ONE hit!!!
That’s really interesting, it even tears driver apart. Do you happen to have a picture or could you take one?

It broke the core of the driver, stopping it from locking into teeth properly and any layer I put it on just slides.
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:22 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:20 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s really interesting, it even tears driver apart. Do you happen to have a picture or could you take one?

It broke the core of the driver, stopping it from locking into teeth properly and any layer I put it on just slides.

That happen to my 2 Ig' too but 3A isn't the one that cause it,IMO I think Ig'&Hy is kind of fragile in the core
(Jul. 18, 2020  1:13 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2020  7:22 AM)Spirit of Order Wrote: It broke the core of the driver, stopping it from locking into teeth properly and any layer I put it on just slides.

That happen to my 2 Ig' too but 3A isn't the one that cause it,IMO I think Ig'&Hy is kind of fragile in the core

Maybe, but it was completely fine until Rage with 3A did a One Punch Man on it and murdered it.