Burst RFID chips

Watch out on your layers for the little black square RFID chips (pretty sure that's what they are called anyway). Either way, it came out of my orange Ragnaruk layer. Luckily I found it and put it back in, but it wont register on the beylogger without it. So if yours flies out and you lose it, your beylogger will no longer record rips with that layer. Hopefully mine was just a defect and this won't be a common thing but I just wanted to warn you guys to watch out for it
I don't think the NFC chip has anything to do with the BeyLogger.
O really? I was thinking maybe it didn't. Because after I posted this I pressed the little spike on the prongs to check and it still lit up like a bey was on it. I thought that when I put that Ragnaruk on the launcher, tho, different lights flashed. I could be wrong though as I think I was a bit intoxicated at the time. What are they for then?
Hi, do you mind posting a pic ?
I personally have never seen them
I didn't even know about the chips being in the beys themselves.
[Image: jf9dso.jpg]
Kinda hard to see, but it's the black square in the middle of the shot
We currently don't know their purpose. Maybe tournaments in Japan utilise them, but the bey logger records launches with the launcher itself. It detects when the beyblade is attached via the button and it calculates speed by the black and white spinning parts visible through the cutouts. I'm sure many of you knew that, but just making sure Grin
I personally would like to know the actual purpose of the chips and if it's possible to analyse them someday. Shouldn't be too hard.
Nobody knows their purpose?!??!?! JAPANESE SPY EQUIPMENT!!!!!! THEY ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD, ONE BLADER AT A TIME!!!!!! haha, sorry, had to
Yeah I just tried to scan my new Odin 02 layer and it didn't work so it'd hard to tell what they are yet
I then scanned one of my skylanders and it worked so my test wascores a fail..
But still quite interesting Smile
(Dec. 19, 2016  9:32 PM)gryffn Wrote: Yeah I just tried to scan my new Odin 02 layer and it didn't work so it'd hard to tell what they are yet
I then scanned one of my skylanders and it worked so my test wascores a fail..
But still quite interesting Smile

Um you can only scan the RFID chips in japan not in the app.
(Dec. 19, 2016  10:35 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Um you can only scan the RFID chips in japan not in the app.

I used this app it's designed to read RFID tags

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...SZJI5xOBtA
(Dec. 19, 2016  11:20 PM)gryffn Wrote: I used this app it's designed to read RFID tags

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...SZJI5xOBtA

The chip is NFC, not RFID. That's why it didn't work.
Hey aren't they used to scan the layers so you can use them at BeyTerminals?
Sear I've seen that before.
(Dec. 20, 2016  7:39 AM)BeyGabe Wrote: Hey aren't they used to scan the layers so you can use them at BeyTerminals?
Sear I've seen that before.

Yes, that is the only use for the NFC chip inside each Layer. At the time this thread was posted, BeyTerminals had not been introduced yet.
For anyone a little confused by what the difference between NFC and RFID is, RFID means radio frequency identification I think. NFC means near frequency communication. NFC is a subset of RFID. They both operate at the same frequency. (13. something). This means that the RFID as a whole has more functionality than NFC. I hope that has helped.... although it's a little late Tongue_out
(Dec. 19, 2016  11:33 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: The chip is NFC, not RFID. That's why it didn't work.
Oh okay