Brooklyn Character Analyses

Brooklyn's was always an interesting character to me from the moment I saw him, he was mysterious and strong yet calm so I've decided to try to analyse his character in this post. Please understand that this is purely SPECULATION and is not fact, this is what I perceive and whether you chose to believe this or not does not matter in the long run. I do apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes as I'm using a small tablet to type this.

Design
Right from the get go Brooklyn's design tells a lot about him, he wears white and gold which are known to be colours of divinity and purity. This is to exclaim Brooklyn's god complex and when comparing it to his black and red blade, colours that represent rage and despair, can show the internal conflict within Brooklyn that we see later in the series.

Zeus
Following on Brooklyn's god complex his own blade is named after Zeus, whom is one of the highest ranking Olympian gods. As I've said before Zeus can juxtapose Brooklyn himself with scenes where he uses his special move "king of darkness" when even though the name suggests that it envoys Darkness itself the background is bright before becoming black and cloudy, this can represent Brooklyn's thoughts as if he doesn't know what he's truly thinking. Another note is that when he uses this move the camera is at a low angle so we see Brooklyn looking down upon us to further emphasise his god complex

Birds and Freedom
Throughout the BEGA saga we always see Brooklyn with birds. Birds in many forms of media represent freedom yet there are scenes where they fly away such as when Kai first loses to Brooklyn, this shows to spark of Brooklyn's downfall into hatred, the scene shows he is giving up his own freedom towards BEGA. Another scene of these birds flying away are during Max's battle which can foreshadow future events. During the 2nd Japanese opening we see Dragoon, Draciel, Driger, Dranzer and Gaia Dragoon being represented as birds and after rewatching Brooklyn's battles I've concluded that team Revolution are supposed to be the answer to help Brooklyn. During his 2nd battle with Kai and his battle with Takao you can see that they are being overpowered yet they are always getting up to which Brooklyn reacts maliciously as if he is denying his own freedom.

Final battle
During his final battle with Takao, Brooklyn becomes insane and shows his true colours. We find out what he really is aiming for: freedom. He doesn't care about Beyblades or the Bey-spirit he just wants to be free like the birds to which he transforms. Admit his battle Brooklyn clearly states he sees himself as god and makes the world reflect his own heart. As I've said before Brooklyn seems to suffer from internal conflict as shown where Takao confronts the insane Brooklyn in his mind with a very well done seen of Brooklyn crawling up with a darker version of himself reflected in the floor, this shows a number of things such as his body position, he is crawling up which shows that Brooklyn is vulnerable just like any normal human proving he really isn't some god and the reflection further justifies his internal conflict. We are finally shown Brooklyn's childhood where he was isolated as everyone else's feared his strength to which started his god complex. Finally near the end of the battle we can see Brooklyn crying yet bloodthirsty attacking Takao to show more internal conflict and I've noticed that the stages of grief are played out here (I know that's used for death but it's something I want to talk about) by continuously attacking Takao and Kai to which I've explained they represent freedom, denial is shown. Rage is obviously shown when he succumbs to the darkness. Bargaining is shown when he joins BEGA and Hitoshi to become a better blader. Depression was shown during his childhood and acceptance is shown when he finally calms and enjoys his battle with Takao.

In the end this is all just my speculation but something I've wanted to talk about thanks for reading.
Would have been interesting to see Brooklyn and the other BEGA bladers after his fight with Tak.
Brooklyn was gifted and Takao was a hard working blader with patience and persiverance...so after the main fight between them...Brooklyn sure did understand what is required to win a beyblade battle...

But they never showed the results of the fight of Takao and Brooklyn...I wonder who won and who lost...or maybe it was a tie...
Didn't Tak need to have won otherwise BEGA would have kept control over beyblading? Good thing Brooklyn never really bothered to train. Otherwise, he'd have been invincible.
(Oct. 23, 2017  4:26 AM)Hirudegarn Wrote: Didn't Tak need to have won otherwise BEGA would have kept control over beyblading? Good thing Brooklyn never really bothered to train. Otherwise, he'd have been invincible.

Maybe Takao won...But they could have shown it.....I mean each and every victory of Takao was shown from the first series...

And about Training...Brooklyn did start training in the end...as it was shown in the song "Kaze no Fuku basho".....U could see him practicing to launch beyblades...
(Oct. 23, 2017  2:24 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Brooklyn was gifted and Takao was a hard working blader with patience and persiverance...so after the main fight between them...Brooklyn sure did understand what is required to win a beyblade battle...

But they never showed the results of the fight of Takao and Brooklyn...I wonder who won and who lost...or maybe it was a tie...

It was left to viewers and readers (Manga), well, I would love to see their anime again.
(Oct. 24, 2017  2:23 PM)empireone Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2017  2:24 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Brooklyn was gifted and Takao was a hard working blader with patience and persiverance...so after the main fight between them...Brooklyn sure did understand what is required to win a beyblade battle...

It was left to viewers and readers (Manga), well, I would love to see their anime again.

But wasnt Brooklyn an anime character?? If not then who won the fight???
(Oct. 24, 2017  2:29 PM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2017  2:23 PM)empireone Wrote: It was left to viewers and readers (Manga), well, I would love to see their anime again.

But wasnt Brooklyn an anime character?? If not then who won the fight???

I said Takao Aoki (writer of Bakuten shoot Beyblade) left it to us to decide and to think about it, of course an popularity object that writers do, we are still thinking, that shows our excitement for the series.

But still i loved the series so well, i'm thinking to do animation course to get a job development of Beyblade anime, making money plus, doing for other animes and their movies. I love Bakuten Shoot Beyblade : Rising, i'm waiting for its fifth chapter :-) .
(Oct. 24, 2017  2:33 PM)empireone Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2017  2:29 PM)Eleanor Wrote: But wasnt Brooklyn an anime character?? If not then who won the fight???

I said Takao Aoki (writer of Bakuten shoot Beyblade) left it to us to decide and to think about it, of course an popularity object that writers do, we are still thinking, that shows our excitement for the series.

But still i loved the series so well, i'm thinking to do animation course to get a job development of Beyblade anime, making money plus, doing for other animes and their movies. I love Bakuten Shoot Beyblade : Rising, i'm waiting for its fifth chapter :-) .

If U finish doing ur animation course...plse make sure to animate bakuten shoot rising...also the original English voices would be quite good enough...mainly the voice of Tyson...
Did you guys ever noticed that Zeus (bit - beast) of brooklyn's bey looked like the combination of all four bladebreaker bit beasts?
Wow. I love your analysis on Brooklyn! I especially love how Takao's battle with Brooklyn played out! (Even though I only saw clips of G-rev 52 in raw JP, I always wondered what they were saying.)
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:15 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: Did you guys ever noticed that Zeus (bit - beast) of brooklyn's bey looked like the combination of all four bladebreaker bit beasts?

Huh??? Really??? Zeus did have wings and 4 legs if I correctly remember...
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:45 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:15 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: Did you guys ever noticed that Zeus (bit - beast) of brooklyn's bey looked like the combination of all four bladebreaker bit beasts?

Huh??? Really??? Zeus did have wings and 4 legs if I correctly remember...

Yep If you see it closely , Chest piece of dranzer , hands like dragoon, legs like Draciel , face like driger
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:51 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:45 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Huh??? Really??? Zeus did have wings and 4 legs if I correctly remember...

Yep If you see it closely , Chest piece of dranzer , hands like dragoon, legs like Draciel , face like driger
Nice observation...
(Oct. 29, 2017  5:40 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:51 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: Yep If you see it closely , Chest piece of dranzer , hands like dragoon, legs like Draciel , face like driger
Nice observation...

has nobody thought about this before wow that is so rare.
A bonus:

From this site: http://toyhellexodus.blog14.fc2.com/blog...-1268.html, contains Kai's speech to Brooklyn. Here's what he said in Japanese...

カイ: 確かに貴様は真の天才だ。努力などせずとも誰よりはるかな高みに軽々と辿り着くことが出来る。技・力・戦術…どれをとっても俺など足元にも及ばない才能の持ち主だ。だが・・・俺は貴様に無い物がある!! それは・・・俺には、今日この時まで積み上げてきた毎日がある!! 様々な戦い、勝利、敗北、敵、仲間、流した汗と無数の傷、怒り、悲しみ、喜び!! 俺のすべてをかけて積み上げて戦った毎日がある!!熱く、厳しく、素晴らしい毎日がな!!それがお前にはない・・・俺の力だ!!
ブルックリン: 分からない・・・お前が何を言っているのか・・・僕には分からない!!
カイ: だろうな・・・それは、貴様がブレーダーではないからだ!全てのブレーダーが胸に秘めている熱い心、ベイ魂がないからだ。
ブルックリン: ベイ・・・魂?
カイ: ベイを愛していない貴様、小さな世界で神様を気取っている貴様に負けるはずがないんだ!! くらえ!!これが・・・!!俺の・・・!!愛だぁぁぁぁー!!!!

To my understanding, here's my translation...

Kai: Listen, Brooklyn! You certainly are a gifted one. You reach extreme heights that no one has done without making much effort. Skill, power, tactics... Not even I have that sort of talent that holds a candle to that of an amazing guy like you. But... I have something you don't. And that's... every single day that I've gathered up to this point today! The various battles... victories... defeats... enemies... friends... shed sweat and countless scratches... anger... sadness... and joy! All the days I've fought and piled up, and I overcame them all! Every day was hot, severe, and wonderful! You don't have that... that's my strength!
Brooklyn: I don't get it... I don't get what you're saying! I don't get it!
Kai: Perhaps... it's because you're not a Blader. Within a Blader's chest is a burning heart, and you've no Beyspirit.
Brooklyn: Bey... Spirit?
Kai: You've no love for Beys... In your own small world, in which you see yourself as God... YOU CANNOT LOSE!! TAKE THIS!! MY... LOVE!!!

Anything I got wrong? How would you have translated it?