Bob's Game

it worked fine in Safari 3 for me Artie
(Mar. 23, 2009  2:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it worked fine in Safari 3 for me Artie

well my computer is older than yours, and the graphics card admittedly isn't up to snuff but still. safari never crashes for me.
I'm confused by this.... Is it a real game? Cuz, if it's fake, he would have had to do alot of work anyway.
EDIT: Wow, I'm confused as hell....
If it's real than he's about to make millions when/if it's released. If it's fake, than it's extremely clever and entertaining. XD
(Mar. 23, 2009  4:03 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I'm confused by this.... Is it a real game? Cuz, if it's fake, he would have had to do alot of work anyway.
EDIT: Wow, I'm confused as hell....
If it's real than he's about to make millions when/if it's released. If it's fake, than it's extremely clever and entertaining. XD

it won't be released, atleast on ds it won't. if it is real that is, which i doubt
and even if it was, he's pissed off so many people, so alot of the people who originally planned on buying it will pirate it
Why has he pissed people off? People seem so offended and I just feel sorta sorry for him.
This is either an incredibly rehearsed and planned viral marketing ploy, or this guy is a big baby and needs to grow a pair.
Since my last post, the site has gone through some changes, including a reveal of "Bob's Game" being an ARG related to the DS game of the same name. So it would seem there really is a bob's game or...another stage?

By the way, since then, the section has disappeared, the site is more organized, he reposted some videos, and the secret messages are gone from the page source! What does it all mean? Stage 100 is still up and GDC started today...
(Mar. 24, 2009  6:13 AM)fragbait Wrote: Since my last post, the site has gone through some changes, including a reveal of "Bob's Game" being an ARG related to the DS game of the same name. So it would seem there really is a bob's game or...another stage?

By the way, since then, the section has disappeared, the site is more organized, he reposted some videos, and the secret messages are gone from the page source! What does it all mean? Stage 100 is still up and GDC started today...

Yeah I just checked out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSjogQW8-U

The whole thing is pretty brilliant and sounds quite interesting.
For anyone trying to catch up watch stages 80 90 and 95 for most of the story, at least the parts that matter.

EDIT: An update! Haven't checked the source yet, I'll let you know if theres anything there...

"bobsgame.com" is an alternate reality game which creates a real-life parallel to the events inside
the DS game called "bob's game," an adventure game written in C by a guy named "bob" over 5 years.
"bob's game" is a work of fictional satire about gaming and the game industry, where the main
character "Yuu" plays games inside the game to find "the greatest game ever made" - the legendary "bob's game."

The "bob's game" inside of "bob's game" is created by the in-game character "bob," an insane, egomaniacal genius developer
who delusionally believes he has uncovered a vast conspiracy in the game industry to hold back great games.
Believing himself on a quest to save the game industry, "bob" holds an interdimensional "bob's game" tournament-
in order to gather every brainwashed gamer worldwide together at once and break the evil spell of shovelware.
If "Yuu" wants the industry to survive- "Yuu" must beat "bob" at his own game... and "Yuu" might just uncover the REAL TRUTH.
(Mar. 24, 2009  6:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah I just checked out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSjogQW8-U

The whole thing is pretty brilliant and sounds quite interesting.

This is what I've been thinking. The new source is interesting as well, especially the last bit.
Nothing new that I can find in the source. The hidden messages are gone though.

EDIT: God, I just found this. The big reveal from Destruciod

http://www.destructoid.com/bob-lets-the-...4923.phtml

Follow the link. GDC ends soon and Iwata's keynote was today. I expect more very soon.
Kool, happy he's not crazy and that the games real and all. Can't wait for more. :3
Figures; let's hope it was not all a waste and he actually makes money of the damn thing.
New WTF material from Bobsgame.com. All the vids are gone, and all messages and links are gone. They have been replaced with this paragraph.

"
i wasn't really abducted by aliens, REGGIE. although it's pretty awesome you guys read it all and honestly impressive in some kind of way you could manage to believe it.
seriously though, if you don't show mario 128 at E3 i am no longer a fan. if it doesn't require every single peripheral you've sold i will be very upset.
i expect to be purchasing no less than 4 motion plus addons to strap to my knees as i stand on two balance boards talking into
the animal crossing mic while using a minimum of 8 linked DSi's for motion capture and secondary screens requiring more friends than i have.
the game itself must require its own proprietary console with a 3D holographic storage medium and come packaged with 1080p stereovision goggles.
i've been waiting for more than half of my life. i will not be easily impressed. this is not sarcasm. that's what i actually want.

project 2

tomorrow "

Wait for it, I will update when it gets posted.
HAHAHAHA brilliant
Yes. Here's hoping tomorrow's update is him telling us when the game is published. Any thoughts from anyone?
Hahahaha, great.

Though, Mario 128 was not ever technically a game. More of a tech demo for the Gamecube, with concepts from it taken and implemented into other games.
I know. Still no update on the site, kinda strange. Did he give up?
LEGIT DOUBLE POST!
BOB'S GAME DEMO UP ON BOBSGAME.COM
GO NOW!
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:24 PM)fragbait Wrote: LEGIT DOUBLE POST!
GO NOW!

Neat! I shall play this tonight when I have some free time. I have not really been following the Bob escapade so hopefully I 'get' the game with merely a summary's worth of information.
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:24 PM)fragbait Wrote: LEGIT DOUBLE POST!
GO NOW!

looks like time for me to legitimately use a DS emulator

where are the damn batteries
If you get NO$GBA from the link on Bobs site, you don't need the battery.
(Mar. 31, 2009  9:57 PM)fragbait Wrote: If you get NO$GBA from the link on Bobs site, you don't need the battery.

what? Chocked_2

i'm on a mac sooo
Oh....I forgot. What DS emulators are available for Mac? Grr.....
Well...uhm....
Get an R4 Card? It's playable on there.
Also, for anyone who's played it, the Tetris clone Minigame is pretty much the end of the Demo. If you can beat it, there is a small surprise for you though.

Wait....are you talking about the batteries Yuu have to find for Mom? You have to talk to her twice, go upstairs, go to the first door on the top left, talk to the person in there twice, go to the basement, turn off the power at the top right, then go back upstairs and take the batteries off of the bed.
so basically the battery quest is there to stop me from playing it? lame