Blading on a Budget

Right, so as you know; most people here are in the demographic of people that usually have insufficient funding and have to rely on a third party for their income. In other words, young people (usually kids and teenagers... and the odd unemployed basement dweller) that ask money from their parents. Now, you may have had thoughts in the past about wanting to be the best, but having a budget that probably wouldn't allow 'Ultimate Blader' status; maybe you want to fill that urge for one more blade and hoping your budget stretches enough for said blade or maybe it's the fact you some sort of cheapskate, whatever. So here are some handy (Or not so handy, I dunno) hints for buying beyblades on the cheap.

1. Research your blade
    Before you go off and get that blade you want, you might want to check to see whether the blade that too your fancy has substance as well as style. Check the forums and the BeyWiki to help you with this.
  2. Go for at least one blade at a time
    Don't, whatever you do, just go ahead and get all the blades you want. Not only is that impossible on the budget we're talking about here, but there is a good chance you may be getting a couple of dud blades that are probably only useful for collection purposes. Try to get at least one or two you like that you know are good so you can start well and have at least a couple of useful parts to experiment with.
  3. The internet is your friend
    See that search button on the top of your browser? Use it. Typing down a blades name (Like Storm Aquario or something) on a search engine can find you various shops that sell the blade. Search various sites for the best deal possible. But if they don't have the deal you want, there's another option:
  4. Use eBay or any other auction site (If you're old enough)
    Going on eBay can get Word of advice if you do take this option; be careful and weary of counterfit blades. They're of poor quality and are under banned parts so, do be careful.
  5. Go to your local store
    Every once in a while (Usually on holidays), there's always a sale going on
    If you rather go out for a good deal, then I advise you go to any shop that sells beyblades. Same rules for internet shopping apply but with the added bonus of getting your blades on the day (unless home delivery is fast)
  6. Check for sales
    Every once in a while (Usually on holidays) there's gonna be a sale. Seeing as Beyblades are considered products, you might want to go to a store or online and check when the sales are on to see whether they have beyblades on sale. Also check clearance sales for certain blades that have gone out of style but still have very important parts to use.
  7. Check Bey Marketplace frequently
    I do advise people to check Bey Marketplace when they have the time as there are (and have been) various offers and bargins on top blades. There are a few things to be weary of such as whether the seller ships to your country or if you have to go to a tournament to get your blade.
  8. Try Trading
    Following on from the last point, trading is a way to to get certain blades on the cheap (or even free) and a way to give away certain blades in your collection that you don't like. Do be wary of some deals in case they're scams or somewhat

Links to check out:

If there's anything that needs improving with this guide, just tell me and I'll see if I can apply that to the list

Update history:
28/12/10 - Thread made
29/12/10 - Added a few new points and a list of links
You might want to put in there:
1: Research- Make sure you know what each part does and how well it performs. It only takes a few minutes to research each part in a blade that you are interested in and it will help you not to buy parts that are very similar.
2: Do not go by the anime- I know this sounds stupid but people do it. Just because a beyblade is good in the anime DOES NOT mean that it is good in real life. This one kind of goes hand in hand with my first one.
You might want to add something about going to a store that has a sale on Beyblade. Once my local store had 40% off all Beyblade items.
(Dec. 28, 2010  9:21 PM)Nano Wrote: You might want to add something about going to a store that has a sale on Beyblade. Once my local store had 40% off all Beyblade items.
For users of web browsers like Firefox and Opera there is an option to remember the tabs you had open last time, which is useful for checking up on stores' websites to see if they have Beyblades on sale. All it takes is a quick refresh to see the latest prices.

Also, for those visiting brick and mortar stores, don't just check the isle where Beyblades are usually found, check the clearance section if there is one, there may be Beyblades reduced due to damaged packaging, being a return, or being part of an old wave. (always check the item to make sure it's not damaged, or had parts swapped out and replaced before being sent back to the store)

Let's not forget trading either, plenty of kids would be happy enough to swap clear wheels with you if you're offering one that's used by a popular character in the show. If they hate Benkei, but their parents bought them a Dark Bull H145SD then they'll probably be happy to trade you their Bull clear wheel for a Pegasis or Leone.
I like what you're saying about trading, but you should use better example. Dark bulls are very easy to come by. Perhaps you could change your example to something like this:

Perhaps a kid likes Benkei in the anime but he got an earth virgo for Christmas. He doesn't even know what earth virgo is, and plus he thinks the bull is A LOT cooler than some lady. You might be able to work out a trade with him.
(Dec. 28, 2010  10:08 PM)PRINCEcharming Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2010  9:21 PM)Nano Wrote: You might want to add something about going to a store that has a sale on Beyblade. Once my local store had 40% off all Beyblade items.

Also, for those visiting brick and mortar stores, don't just check the isle where Beyblades are usually found, check the clearance section if there is one, there may be Beyblades reduced due to damaged packaging, being a return, or being part of an old wave. (always check the item to make sure it's not damaged, or had parts swapped out and replaced before being sent back to the store)

The Beys that I got that were 40% were by the cash register, along with other toys on sale
(Dec. 28, 2010  10:14 PM)Omega12 Wrote: I like what you're saying about trading, but you should use better example. Dark bulls are very easy to come by. Perhaps you could change your example to something like this:

Perhaps a kid likes Benkei in the anime but he got an earth virgo for Christmas. He doesn't even know what earth virgo is, and plus he thinks the bull is A LOT cooler than some lady. You might be able to work out a trade with him.

Sounds an awful lot like... ripping someone off. Yes, it happens all the time in anything that you can trade, value, and/or be competitive in, it doesn't mean it's right, or fair. I don't advocate it by any means. That being said, if he knows all the details and still wants the trade it's perfectly fine.
It's an example. And plus Earth Virgo is starting to become a lot more common. You could substitute Earth Virgo for anything; Aquario, Cancer, Wolf, Gemios, ect.
Don't buy from kids at school with imported Beyblades, they will rip you off, I know this cause I do it myself, £20 for an Earth Aquilla, why yes please.
(Dec. 28, 2010  10:39 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2010  10:14 PM)Omega12 Wrote: I like what you're saying about trading, but you should use better example. Dark bulls are very easy to come by. Perhaps you could change your example to something like this:

Sounds an awful lot like... ripping someone off. Yes, it happens all the time in anything that you can trade, value, and/or be competitive in, it doesn't mean it's right, or fair. I don't advocate it by any means. That being said, if he knows all the details and still wants the trade it's perfectly fine.

A CW is equal value of a CW. No matter how good or bad it is. They are both CW's!
Also refer to this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-What-to-...MFB-Revamp
Blading on a budget.
Path 1: Buy the Super Deck Entry set
Path 2: Buy LL Drago, Metal Faces, Dark Cancer, and as many Storm/Galaxy Pegasis's as you can afford.
Mc Frown, This thread is about buying parts when you have a small budget.

I know a budget is just an amount of money set aside for a specific purpose, but we are talking about a small budget here, probably about $10-$20.
You can't do anything with $10-20.
At that point try doing some odd jobs around the house : \
With $10-$20 you can buy a single beyblade. Assuming you get an allowance that's a beyblade every week.
Yes, but it will mostly be carp. It's easier to save up for top tier parts.
Not really. Every place I have found has pieces horribly overpriced. It's cheaper for me to just buy the beys and then mix and match the parts. If there is a way to get the parts cheaper than the actual beys then please give me the link. (performance tips for $15 when I can go and buy the entire bey for $9? I don't think so Tim.)
(Dec. 29, 2010  2:24 AM)Omega12 Wrote: With $10-$20 you can buy a single beyblade. Assuming you get an allowance that's a beyblade every week.

Then buy what I wrote?
I don't really understand what your problem is/was.
It's not what I can afford, This thread is about trying to help other people who don't have the budget I have.

And I have everything you listed, except for the metal faces.
What I posted is an extremely budget friendly option, that does much more for the impoverished persons in question than anything you have mentioned.
You must not know what the term "cost-effective" means.
(Dec. 29, 2010  1:53 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: You can't do anything with $10-20.
At that point try doing some odd jobs around the house : \

Actually, If you live in the United States there is an Ebay seller who buys from Takara Tomy and sells beys for about $20 plus shipping. You get the beys in 2-4 days. For example Ray Unicorno would be like $24 bucks. It's a little bit more than $20 but earning 4 dollars shouldn't be that hard. Also you could buy bey gear with that money.
The only bey gear you need is the Launcher Grip and the String launcher. In North America anyway.
That's assuming you get that much per week to spend on beys, at which point you can buy pretty much whatever the hell you want.
If all you can muster up is $20, you might as well give up.
(Dec. 29, 2010  2:40 AM)Omega12 Wrote: The only bey gear you need is the Launcher Grip and the String launcher. In North America anyway.

True.
(Dec. 29, 2010  2:33 AM)Omega12 Wrote: performance tips for $15 when I can go and buy the entire bey for $9? I don't think so Tim.

ikr! I found the rf preformance tip for $10, then Storm Pegasus 105rf for $8! AT THE SAME STORE