Apr

Blader's Kingdom: South #2

The Woodlands, TX
Sawmill Park Pavilion
2200 Millpark Dr, the Woodlands, TX 77380
  Meet at the pavilion - same place if you attended Blader's Kingdom South #1!
12:30 on 04/24/2022
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

For the venue fee.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hosted by ZestyPhresh from the WBO - Posted by ZephyrDraco 

Come out to experience competitive battles and fierce competition! In a joint effort to start up the WBO community in Houston, ZestyPhresh and I are working together to extend the competition to all you South Texas bladers - hope to see you there!

The tournament is expected to last from 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM but is subject to change depending on the number of people who show up. 

PRIZES: 
1st Place: 2 Volume 26 Random Boosters
2nd Place: 1 $30 Gift Card for 4gaming/Four-Gaming Beyblade Store (thanks to StayCool)

My adult is Richard Cheng: richardcheng28@gmail.com

Note: IMPORTANT: The tournament will be set up slightly differently than usual in accordance to the Blader's Kingdom Tournament Setup. Here are the rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...soOeg/edit

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM ZestyPhresh or I, and one of us will try to get you the answer as soon as we can.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Is this a deck tournament?
(Apr. 19, 2022  3:19 AM)TheMyth Wrote: Is this a deck tournament?

Yes it is, 5v5. 

Here is the rulebook:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...soOeg/edit

(Apr. 19, 2022  11:35 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:

Yes it is, 5v5. 

Here is the rulebook:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...soOeg/edit

Just a tiny correction, though we are doing most of the Blader's Kingdom rules, this will be 3v3 decks. We were requested to reduce the deck size as many in the area struggle to produce 5 unique beys.
Well, I'm jumping back in! I'm excited to everybody at the tournament. If ya'll need me to bring anything I'll be happy to help!
(Apr. 19, 2022  10:30 PM)USN Wrote: Well, I'm jumping back in! I'm excited to everybody at the tournament. If ya'll need me to bring anything I'll be happy to help!

Glad to hear it! We could definitely use your experience and any TT stadiums you can haha. I only have the 1, and Zephyr was going to bring one as well.
(Apr. 19, 2022  11:19 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2022  10:30 PM)USN Wrote: Well, I'm jumping back in! I'm excited to everybody at the tournament. If ya'll need me to bring anything I'll be happy to help!

Glad to hear it! We could definitely use your experience and any TT stadiums you can haha. I only have the 1, and Zephyr was going to bring one as well.

I'll bring my TT and some other Hasbro stadiums. We can never have too many stadiums! Also are we keeping the spin switch rule? I find it a bit unfair for anybody without Spriggan or Diabolos, but I guess having the best parts is just part of the game.
(Apr. 19, 2022  11:31 PM)USN Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2022  11:19 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: Glad to hear it! We could definitely use your experience and any TT stadiums you can haha. I only have the 1, and Zephyr was going to bring one as well.

I'll bring my TT and some other Hasbro stadiums. We can never have too many stadiums! Also are we keeping the spin switch rule? I find it a bit unfair for anybody without Spriggan or Diabolos, but I guess having the best parts is just part of the game.

Yeah we are allowing spin swap during bey selection process, but not between battles. (You can't see what your opponent is going to use, then choose to change spin direction)

We will make a post about the rules tomorrow night.
Is there any chance of a future tournament in corpus christi? Houston is a bit far away
(Apr. 20, 2022  12:57 AM)Raven8570 Wrote: Is there any chance of a future tournament in corpus christi? Houston is a bit far away

Sorry! I don't see me getting down that way to host a tourney.
I might have a chance maybe
(Apr. 18, 2022  3:43 AM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: This has blown up way larger than I expected it to! I'm going to have to ask any of you who are willing to bring a Takara Standard Stadium to help us make sure there are enough  for everyone to participate in a timely manner. It would be greatly appretiated.

We could also use a few people to volunteer to be judges while they are not battling.

I have a DB stadium, dash stadium, as well as 2 pro series, should I bring any of those?
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:36 PM)TexasBlader1321 Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2022  3:43 AM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: This has blown up way larger than I expected it to! I'm going to have to ask any of you who are willing to bring a Takara Standard Stadium to help us make sure there are enough  for everyone to participate in a timely manner. It would be greatly appretiated.

We could also use a few people to volunteer to be judges while they are not battling.

I have a DB stadium, dash stadium, as well as 2 pro series, should I bring any of those?

Nah, those aren’t legal, it needs to be a standard TT stadium
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:40 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:36 PM)TexasBlader1321 Wrote: I have a DB stadium, dash stadium, as well as 2 pro series, should I bring any of those?

This tournament is bladers kingdom Rules which uses all different types of stadiums for different "terrain" it's quite interesting rules
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:40 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:36 PM)TexasBlader1321 Wrote: I have a DB stadium, dash stadium, as well as 2 pro series, should I bring any of those?

As others have said this is a unranked Blader's Kingdom style event. Rules are a bit different from standard WBO.

Our May event will be WBO 3v3 format, but this one is different.

Sure! Those would probably help a lot
(Apr. 22, 2022  12:42 AM)ZestyPhresh Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2022  6:40 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote: Nah, those aren’t legal, it needs to be a standard TT stadium

As others have said this is a unranked Blader's Kingdom style event. Rules are a bit different from standard WBO.

Our May event will be WBO 3v3 format, but this one is different.

Sure! Those would probably help a lot

Okay cool I'll be sure to bring them!
How do we pay, cash is fine ???
(Apr. 23, 2022  5:27 PM)raybuster Wrote: How do we pay, cash is fine ???

Most likely you'll give cash to the host before entering
Alright bet

So what are the matches gonna be like
(Apr. 23, 2022  9:12 PM)EllisCorson Wrote: Do we pay at the event? Or before?

Cash at the event! Smile

(Apr. 23, 2022  8:37 PM)raybuster Wrote: Alright bet

So what are the matches gonna be like

I am just setting up our Challonge tourney (unranked, but we are going to use this to learning the app for future competitions). Based on the number of people we have had signed up, we are doing a Swiss-style, where each blader will play 6 rounds, and then the top 8 players will be seeded into the finals!

We are all so excited to see everyone tomorrow! We are shocked by how many people have signed up for this event, and will do our absolute best to make sure this runs smoothly!
Alright bet, hopefully I don’t face some of my friends from the mfb tournament I went to and burst format cuz some are going 😭😭
THE PARTICIPANT CAP IS NOW REMOVED! 
Please sign up as soon as possible if you would still like to join. Hope to see you all there!
Tournament start time is 12:30. Which means be there around 12 to check in. Once the first rounds are done the tournament will be locked in. This should happen around 12:50 but no guarantees.
Good luck to everyone who participates including me