Blader's Kingdom Participant Feedback

Good day folks,

I'd like to thank you all for attending one of my Blader's Kingdom Tournaments; I'd love your feedback about the format and even the venues you'd attended.

My goal is to create an extremely fun & fast paced tournament that ends in a highly competitive finals bracket.

So any and all feedback is very much appreciated.

Here are the rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CHia...soOeg/edit

Here is the current ranking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0...s/htmlview#

Event: Blader's Kingdom #7
Venue: Nightwing's Gaming Loft
Date: 4.24.2022
Finals: https://challonge.com/BladersKingdom7/standings
Participants:
CrisisCrusher07, geetster99, Friedpasta, BeybladeBlast11, DeceasedCrab, Garishi, SPN_Z3R0, JCMakeEmBurst, Shadowbey404, G the master, OHbey21, Danileojar, susthebeyblader, Ronin429, Mr pokee, ChrisMaster, LucasDaMaster, roqts, gray kurokin, MadOcean, giranew, Witherd57, DatKidQuinn,
--
We've got to store the adults better. They need chairs! They're old and they need chairs! I'm old and I need chairs! And maybe some tables. I know, you want to put more computers and TVs in there, but even then you're going to need a place to store the adults. They have to be properly contained, with chairs!

Mute the TVs before the announcements Smile
(Apr. 26, 2022  2:08 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: We've got to store the adults better. They need chairs! They're old and they need chairs! I'm old and I need chairs! And maybe some tables. I know, you want to put more computers and TVs in there, but even then you're going to need a place to store the adults. They have to be properly contained, with chairs!

Mute the TVs before the announcements Smile

Once the space starts to fill in we’ll definitely see how much space we have for non-participants, I’m not predicting much though. Maybe the office can be a lounge area with golden girls on loop. I was originally going to go for more folding tables but I couldn’t see that being a worth expense just yet. I know we’ll need them for trading card tournaments though so it’ll happen for sure. I’d end up storing them above the office.
The first round was so fast paced and fun! This is minor but I wonder if it might be helpful to have a suggested area for people who are looking for their next challenger could congregate? There were a couple of brief periods where it seemed like people (including myself) weren’t quite sure who was ready/who was a competitor vs a spectator and ended up standing and staring for awhile. Not a big issue but might help a little bit!

Loved the space! Loved the number of stadia! Loved that there was a bathroom!
(Apr. 26, 2022  2:07 PM)Garishi Wrote: The first round was so fast paced and fun! This is minor but I wonder if it might be helpful to have a suggested area for people who are looking for their next challenger could congregate? There were a couple of brief periods where it seemed like people (including myself) weren’t quite sure who was ready/who was a competitor vs a spectator and ended up standing and staring for awhile. Not a big issue but might help a little bit!

Loved the space! Loved the number of stadia! Loved that there was a bathroom!

I like the idea of a meeting area! Usually I would have everyone in a wristband but let that idea go as an unnecessary cost. Maybe I need to do it like a Brazilian steakhouse with the red and green markers 🤔. 

Glad you enjoyed it. I really just wanted a place I could play with my toys and not have to schedule it lol.

Did anyone have issues with the ruling to allow hasbro and TT to be mixed? I didn’t see any of those combos make the finals and didn’t battle against any.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]As always, I love participating in Blader's Kingdom tournaments! However, I have participated in every single one of them and I have seen some of the changes made from Blader's Kingdom 1 all the way to this past one Blader's Kingdom 7. There are some things currently that I personally would investigate changing and I guess this thread is as good as any to bring them up. I will say, ultimately these tournaments are yours ([/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Mike.Nightwing[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]) and will always remain yours. So, all decisions are made final through you and people must deal with it. Either way it won't stop me from coming and enjoying the events.[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]

Anyway back to what I would like to address with the Blader's Kingdom Rules and Tournament Structure.

Spinning Definition:
Within your rules there is no definition of what spinning in the BK format is. The big question is when has a Beyblade stopped spinning in your eyes for the BK format? We all know when a Beyblade has stopped in the WBBA ruleset and even though it can be controversial sometimes the WBO also has a definition for it so the blader knows when the Beyblade has stopped. So in this situation, not having a definition in your rules can confuse some players because some might be thinking it's the WBO's definition where a Beyblade could still be moving but is considered to be rolling, or falling, ETC... Some might not even know the WBO's definition and just think that when it stops moving it has stopped, so then it could lead to conflict between players.

Consecutive Draws:
Should 3 consecutive draws earn both players 1 point? I honestly don't know. It seems like this rule has some issues as to whether it is fair or not. On one hand giving each blader a point will make the battles move faster and in the open rounds that is something you want, because you are on a time limit. But in the finals where there is no time limit it can really affect the outcome. Let me give a quick example that popped into my head. Let's say the score is 2 to 4 and we get 3 consecutive draws. Both of us get a point putting one player at 3 points and the other at 5 points, winning them the match. Well on one hand that is great for the player that hit 5 points, but not so good for the other player who might feel a little cheated out of this win. I say they might feel cheated because technically neither player beat the other in that battle nor so should they both be rewarded for not winning? Right now, I do know the WBBA has a 2 consecutive draw and move onto the next bey rule. This rule to me feels like the most balanced way of doing things because it is less time consuming to do 2 battles, and you also get a second chance with the same 2 beys for a different outcome to happen. Sure 90% of the time 2 opposite spin LAD beys can take forever to find a winner, But just trying twice to see if someone’s change in launching or even a mode change could sway the battle just enough into their or their opponent's favor. I rather get one more try with my bey for the point then moving on rather than just trying one then moving on.

Play Area:
Within Blader's Kingdom we use a vast variety of stadiums (Both official Hasbro/TT and some Unofficial) and because of that some have closed pockets, open pockets, or no pockets at all! So, with this we kind of need to know how a knock out would work in each stadium since a Knock out is indeed a way to earn a point during the battle. This I know is hard because it would mean either you need to make 1 rule that unifies all of them or individual ones for each type of stadium.

No contact KOs:
Right now in bladers kingdom there is a rule that gives Bladers the ability to have a rematch if neither blade makes contact and 1 self KOs. The only issue I have with this is that if someone launches into the stadium and their bey just goes aggressively around the edge a few times without touching the other bey and then enters the pocket that blader gets a second chance to launch better. If a Blader launches incorrectly but gets another chance to launch correctly it's a little unfair to the opponent that did launch correctly the first time. I do know what this rule was meant for. This rule is here to help the younger or newer bladers that might launch a bey and it just yeets itself straight into the pocket without really doing anything get a second chance as they are still learning. The bad part to this is that a more experienced player that just happened to make a mistake can get rewarded on the second chance when they messed up. I don't see it being fair if an experience player messes up that they get a second chance when the first time around they should have known how to launch properly. If something outside of the experienced Blader’s control messed up their shot Like say hitting a tripod that is next to the stadium, that can obviously be grounds for a reshoot.

The Finals:
So this is something that me and [/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]geetster99[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif] have been talking about for a while. I don't mind the idea of using an honor system in the open rounds. Now is it possible for someone to be kind of scummy during the open rounds with no one else looking? 100%. But that is the risk you would take coming to this event, and with the way it is structured. I know me and Mike.Nightwing have also talked about how the goal for Blader’s kingdom is to be more enjoyable and fun in the open rounds and then you become serious in the Finals. I agree with this. The top 8 finals should be taken more seriously than the open rounds as you are not the 8 people playing for the big prizes. I think we need to have judges for all matches that take place in the finals. I have seen things from rewatching the live streams that with a judge being there probably would have been called a little differently and could have really changed the outcome of the whole tournament. Even if say all the judges are in the top 8, just have 2 matches go on at a time just so everyone gets a judge. Now that we have the Nightwing's Gaming Loft as a place to have these tournaments we shouldn’t have to worry about time as much as we did in the past. This is probably the biggest change that I would much rather see as just like in any sport a Ref or Judge is almost always present to make sure the rules are being enforced properly.[/font][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]

Anyway sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. Please comment back on how you feel about these as I would love to know your opinion on them.[/font]
My dearest CrisisCrusher07, how art thou on this majestic day?

Judges:
I'm totally down to have judges in the finals, I do believe they are important but I do not want a current blader to be a judge in the finals. They could try and maneuver a "weaker" opposite for themselves later on. DeceasedCrab is always down to judge if he's not in the top 8 but for the other stations we would need someone there. Then when it comes to the invitationals... that's gonna be a whole new adventure. We'll likely run how many of the same stadium we can so that'll be between 5 and 6 matches at a time and I think I can only finesse a few parents into judging lol.

Self KO:
The rule was set there for just that reason, to give people a chance to redo a bad launch since they don't know what stadium they'll be playing in. A launch in the B-09 may not work in the DX Stadium the same so you'll need a chance to acclimate, especially in the open rounds where your opponent may choose the stadium and you've never seen it before. I can see for the finals making it a one self KO rule and anything else is a point to the opponent. We did talk about it being something like, if the blade does a lap around the stadium it is considered in play and if it self KOs then that's just a KO point for the opponent. That would work for some but not for those rubber flats that charge up and out the stadium. Not sure the path to take on this.

Play Area:
For this I've been toying with the idea of wall bounces and all don't count as KOs; it's not until a blade stops spinning is the battle over. For example: if the battle is in the HasPro stadium and a blade enters the pocket, thrashes around, and then pops back in that'll still be in play and the round continues. But! If that pocket blade is thrashing and the opposing blade runs out of stamina BEFORE the thrashing blade can re-enter that would be a point for the opponents blade. Essentially the last alive in the dish is the winner. Something like that.

Draws:
As we all know I have no love for slow-mo draws. I was thinking of just one tie and move on with each getting a point because that blader that was down in your example shouldn't have been in such a hole lol. But I do think your argument of two ties and no points could be useful, at least for the finals, the open rounds I would lean towards both getting a point so matches are done faster... may also promote more attack types to really secure that victory.

Spinning:
For this, because I do not like watching slow-mo, I'm going for the last blade to move. So if they both stop and one tips over that one is the victor. Straight Joey Wheeler vs. "Marik"... they're both unconscious so the first to wake up is the winner. Side note: the rolling rule always confused me... all drift does is roll around 😆
(Apr. 26, 2022  6:15 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Judges:
I'm totally down to have judges in the finals, I do believe they are important but I do not want a current blader to be a judge in the finals. They could try and maneuver a "weaker" opposite for themselves later on. DeceasedCrab is always down to judge if he's not in the top 8 but for the other stations we would need someone there. Then when it comes to the invitationals... that's gonna be a whole new adventure. We'll likely run how many of the same stadium we can so that'll be between 5 and 6 matches at a time and I think I can only finesse a few parents into judging lol.

I still think judges should be used for every match even if they're in the top 8. If we want to run the majority of the tournaments on an honor system then you should be able to trust the fact that the people judging will be doing so fairly. If they aren't judging matches in a fair way in the top 8 then what's to say they aren't judging them fairly in the open rounds.
(Apr. 26, 2022  7:49 PM)geetster99 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  6:15 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Judges:

I still think judges should be used for every match even if they're in the top 8. If we want to run the majority of the tournaments on an honor system then you should be able to trust the fact that the people judging will be doing so fairly. If they aren't judging matches in a fair way in the top 8 then what's to say they aren't judging them fairly in the open rounds.

In the open rounds, if there is a discrepancy, then the Game Commissioner would make the final ruling. The same can be done in the finals but then there is no point in a judge if the Game Commissioner has the power to overrule the judges' decision. Seems more efficient to just have the finals still self judged but must be recorded and if an issue arrises the game commissioner is called over to make a ruling. I designed it that way because when I played Yu-Gi-Oh at tournaments that was how it went, a few roaming judges to settle any spell speed issues.
(Apr. 26, 2022  7:56 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  7:49 PM)geetster99 Wrote: I still think judges should be used for every match even if they're in the top 8. If we want to run the majority of the tournaments on an honor system then you should be able to trust the fact that the people judging will be doing so fairly. If they aren't judging matches in a fair way in the top 8 then what's to say they aren't judging them fairly in the open rounds.

In the open rounds, if there is a discrepancy, then the Game Commissioner would make the final ruling. The same can be done in the finals but then there is no point in a judge if the Game Commissioner has the power to overrule the judges' decision. Seems more efficient to just have the finals still self judged but must be recorded and if an issue arrises the game commissioner is called over to make a ruling. I designed it that way because when I played Yu-Gi-Oh at tournaments that was how it went, a few roaming judges to settle any spell speed issues.
I’m gonna respond to this here as this seems to be the first topic we want to talk about and I rather do one at a time than trying to talk about all of them at once.

So in regulates to this I do have to say you can not compare judging for Beyblade to judging for yugioh. Yes in a yugioh tournament you have a couple of judges walking around settle any disputes that the players may have with card interactions. But almost never do those rulings from judges decide the victor of the game. In Beyblade the judge is deciding which Beyblade has won that battle. Also just like with yugioh if you have someone being a judge it has to be someone that knows the rules of the game and where certain interactions change the game state. Having a parent that doesn’t fully know the rules of the game of Beyblade could actually hinder their ability to judge a match properly.
(Apr. 26, 2022  8:39 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  7:56 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: In the open rounds, if there is a discrepancy, then the Game Commissioner would make the final ruling. The same can be done in the finals but then there is no point in a judge if the Game Commissioner has the power to overrule the judges' decision. Seems more efficient to just have the finals still self judged but must be recorded and if an issue arrises the game commissioner is called over to make a ruling. I designed it that way because when I played Yu-Gi-Oh at tournaments that was how it went, a few roaming judges to settle any spell speed issues.
I’m gonna respond to this here as this seems to be the first topic we want to talk about and I rather do one at a time than trying to talk about all of them at once.

So in regulates to this I do have to say you can not compare judging for Beyblade to judging for yugioh. Yes in a yugioh tournament you have a couple of judges walking around settle any disputes that the players may have with card interactions. But almost never do those rulings from judges decide the victor of the game. In Beyblade the judge is deciding which Beyblade has won that battle. Also just like with yugioh if you have someone being a judge it has to be someone that knows the rules of the game and where certain interactions change the game state. Having a parent that doesn’t fully know the rules of the game of Beyblade could actually hinder their ability to judge a match properly.

So what’s the best way to have judges that aren’t possibly biased to who wins and who loses?

I think that can all be settled with the game commissioner since the only time a judge is REALLY needed is to see which blade stopped first and that would be a simple call with the “last to do something” rule.
(Apr. 26, 2022  8:45 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  8:39 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: I’m gonna respond to this here as this seems to be the first topic we want to talk about and I rather do one at a time than trying to talk about all of them at once.

So what’s the best way to have judges that aren’t possibly biased to who wins and who loses?

I think that can all be settled with the game commissioner since the only time a judge is REALLY needed is to see which blade stopped first and that would be a simple call with the “last to do something” rule.

The absolute best way is to have people that know the rules of the game but are not associated with any of the players at the event be the judges. However, unless we are trying to pay outside people to be judges I don’t see that ever being possible.

No matter how you do it there will always be the possibility of someone being biased in some way. You could have parents do it but if they ever judge a match that their child is in they could be biased. Or if you have someone who is friends with the judge playing the judge could be biased. There will always be the possibility of someone to be biased at these events because Beyblade is still relatively small. You could always give bladers the option, like say since I’m friends with you if your opponent doesn’t want me to judge your match we get someone else like DeceasedCrab to do it.
(Apr. 26, 2022  9:07 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  8:45 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: So what’s the best way to have judges that aren’t possibly biased to who wins and who loses?

The absolute best way is to have people that know the rules of the game but are not associated with any of the players at the event be the judges. However, unless we are trying to pay outside people to be judges I don’t see that ever being possible.

No matter how you do it there will always be the possibility of someone being biased in some way. You could have parents do it but if they ever judge a match that their child is in they could be biased. Or if you have someone who is friends with the judge playing the judge could be biased. There will always be the possibility of someone to be biased at these events because Beyblade is still relatively small. You could always give bladers the option, like say since I’m friends with you if your opponent doesn’t want me to judge your match we get someone else like DeceasedCrab to do it.

The best unbiased party is my wife because she doesn’t care who wins 😂
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:05 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  9:07 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: The absolute best way is to have people that know the rules of the game but are not associated with any of the players at the event be the judges. However, unless we are trying to pay outside people to be judges I don’t see that ever being possible.

The best unbiased party is my wife because she doesn’t care who wins 😂

Where as our community pretty much trusts each other that’s not a problem. But it could be uncomfortable for someone not from our community because she is your wife. If that makes any sense.
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:10 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:05 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: The best unbiased party is my wife because she doesn’t care who wins 😂

Where as our community pretty much trusts each other that’s not a problem. But it could be uncomfortable for someone not from our community because she is your wife. If that makes any sense.

I can understand your point. We haven’t had judging issues for the finals in the past I was aware of so I don’t really think this is an issue. It was more so ties being as lame as ever so with the finals possibly being two ties and they go to the next blade it shouldn’t be that much of an issue, especially since it’s going to be the last to move is the winner. 

The real issue is people being “safe”. We gotta just ban all safeness lol.
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:54 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:10 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Where as our community pretty much trusts each other that’s not a problem. But it could be uncomfortable for someone not from our community because she is your wife. If that makes any sense.

I can understand your point. We haven’t had judging issues for the finals in the past I was aware of so I don’t really think this is an issue. It was more so ties being as lame as ever so with the finals possibly being two ties and they go to the next blade it shouldn’t be that much of an issue, especially since it’s going to be the last to move is the winner. 

I don’t think that is the issue. And a reason I’m more pressed about it is because the invitational is coming up. There you are doing just the bracket system and people will be playing for bigger prizes. That could cause a lot of people to get really upset if they feel they won an out spin but if there is no judge that knows the game well enough to make a call and they just call it a draw, the entire outcome of that match could be the wrong outcome.
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:59 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  10:54 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: I can understand your point. We haven’t had judging issues for the finals in the past I was aware of so I don’t really think this is an issue. It was more so ties being as lame as ever so with the finals possibly being two ties and they go to the next blade it shouldn’t be that much of an issue, especially since it’s going to be the last to move is the winner. 

I don’t think that is the issue. And a reason I’m more pressed about it is because the invitational is coming up. There you are doing just the bracket system and people will be playing for bigger prizes. That could cause a lot of people to get really upset if they feel they won an out spin but if there is no judge that knows the game well enough to make a call and they just call it a draw, the entire outcome of that match could be the wrong outcome.

If that’s the fear then we must find judges that aren’t competing to make it truly fair.
(Apr. 26, 2022  11:14 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: If that’s the fear then we must find judges that aren’t competing to make it truly fair.

Yeah that's not happening. You have to either pay someone to do this sort of thing, which we're not gonna, or use those people invested enough in making Beyblade tournaments happen, who tend to be participants.
The first round was incredibly exciting and fast-paced! This is a minor point, but I'm wondering if having a suggested place for folks looking for their next competitor could be beneficial? There were a handful of times when it appeared like folks (including myself) weren't sure who was ready/who was a competitor vs. a spectator, and we all ended up standing and watching for a while. It's not a big deal, but it could help a little!drift boss
(Apr. 26, 2022  11:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2022  11:14 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: If that’s the fear then we must find judges that aren’t competing to make it truly fair.

Yeah that's not happening. You have to either pay someone to do this sort of thing, which we're not gonna, or use those people invested enough in making Beyblade tournaments happen, who tend to be participants.

Yeah I know it's a far stretch to get but I definitely want to ask next time to see what'll happen.

Talked to CrisisCrusher07 and @geester99 last night and the idea of having the other finalist judge was explained in a way that'll resolve my issue with players judging. I originally didn't what that so someone couldn't try and maneuver their way to an easier opponent but the new plan is to have players from different brackets judge so it'll be harder for them to finesse the system since they're judging a match that won't directly affect their next match.

(Apr. 27, 2022  9:35 AM)diyagabrie Wrote: The first round was incredibly exciting and fast-paced! This is a minor point, but I'm wondering if having a suggested place for folks looking for their next competitor could be beneficial? There were a handful of times when it appeared like folks (including myself) weren't sure who was ready/who was a competitor vs. a spectator, and we all ended up standing and watching for a while. It's not a big deal, but it could help a little!drift boss

That's a solid idea, I used to give out wristbands to show who was a blader but stopped that some time ago. I'm thinking of getting armbands so you can tell from afar who is in the game.

Potential Rule Changes; I’d love your input.

Judges:
After much conversation and a good night’s sleep we’ll have the final top bracket judged by non-participating bladers first and if none are available we’ll have participating bladers from another bracket judge. We’ll use the bracket image below as an example; The first two duels are numbered 1 & 2 and we’ll simply have bladers from duels 3 & 4 judge those battles. Then we’ll continue the entire winner’s bracket first and once that’s concluded we’ll start the loser’s bracket and have eliminated bladers assist in judging for the remaining duels.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-8-35-11-AM.png]
https://postimg.cc/7GhD51m9

Self KO:
For this I have thought about reducing the Self-KO number from two to one but I’m not sure because I think this works fine, just some folks aren;t really enforcing the part about “a reasonable amount of time without making contact”. This is how the rule is currently written:
  • Each blader is allowed two (2) no contact ring outs, per duel, that occur in the initial few seconds of a battle. If the blades have been inside the stadium for a reasonable amount of time without making contact and one blade exits the stadium spontaneously that is considered a ring out finish for the opposing blader. After the usage of their two no contact ring outs any additional ones will count as one (1) point for their opponent. 
Play Area:
For this I want quick wall bounces to be allowed and the battle continues but any time spent inside of the pocket / trap is considered a KO. That way in the Hasbro & Really Large TT Stadium, any slight “kiss” of the pocket isn’t considered a KO. That’s a difficult one to word I believe so your help would be lovely here.

Spinning:
For this I’m going to go with the WBBA ruling for spinning of the last blade to do ANYTHING is the winner. That should save a lot of cell phone storage and time on watching replays. I believe it’ll make it easier for the naked eye as well.

Draws:
We currently have it set to three ties in a row and each blader gets a point. For the sake of speed and fairness, I like the rule being two ties in a row and moving to the next blade without any points awarded. I originally wanted to have the open rounds still have a point awarded but I don’t want anyone “forcing” a tie just to win the match so we’ll give this a try.

Not Engaged In A Duel:
I’ll be getting some armbands / headbands made so each participating blader will have a much larger identifier so it’ll be easier to see who is still in the game and ready to blade.

Blader’s Kingdom #8 / Invitationals:
My original plan for the Invitational was to have an open round still available for folks to have one last chance to qualify for the big show. We’re going to make BK8 and all BKs just before the Invitationals the last qualifying chance to get an invite. The invitational will be 100% invitation only. For the qualifier the plan is to have all top 3 finishers (there are 12 people that have finished top 3 but depending on the turnout we may reduce the number) as bounty hunters, let me explain.

Bounty Hunters will adhere to the following rules:
  1. They’ll wear a different color identifying band.
  2. They’ll be given 2.5x more coins than everyone else.
  3. They must always double the wager their opponent makes (ex. Opponent wagers two coins then the hunter must wager four coins).
  4. The hunter can not choose the stadium and is at their opponents’ will.
  5. The hunter can not make challenges to anyone and must accept all challenges, even if the opponent has previously beaten them. An opponent cannot immediately rechallenge a hunter they defeated, they must have a duel between their challenges of the same hunter. They may choose to just challenge another hunter and essentially bounce between the two.
  6. Hunters are still competing for a spot in the top 8 but they are at a massive disadvantage.
It’s in the best interest for folks to challenge the hunters because they will still have a massive coin total compared to the rest of the crowd and leaving them unchallenged can lead to the top 8 being locked out.

Cheating:
Some folks don’t follow this rule, “Each blader will align their blades in a vertical column alongside their right side of the stadium in order from first to fifth with their first blade being closest to them and their fifth blade being closest to their opponent.“
We’ve had very clear evidence of people switching their order during the battle to try and get an advantage over their opponent AND people waiting a moment after their opponent has declared their order to declare theirs. I have boxes available for folks to use but I sometimes forget to mention it during registration. I’ll be working to get some custom deck boxes made that will be slotted and numbered so this is no longer an issue.

I am for all of these changes. I also had forgotten the in-depth wording of the no contact KOs. So now that the reminder has been posted I should be able to remember it. Good updates to me.
Side note: Garishi and Friedpasta have runner up invites to the invitationals. Don’t let me forget to give them to you.
I like the rule changes. The invitational will be fun!
(Apr. 27, 2022  10:01 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: I like the rule changes. The invitational will be fun!

If you come to #8 you’ll have a target on your back so be ready!
I will destroy!!!! (Insert the evil laugh)