Bicentennial Bey Tourney 2009- 3/14/09

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Date: March 14th, 2009 (Raindate: March 15th, 2009)
Time: 1:00 pm until sun down
Cost: Free
Location: Bicentennial Park- 176 Hardenburg Ln,East Brunswick,NJ 08816
Format: Plastics (bring hms and mfb if you like)(Going by the restricted format list)
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE BE THERE BY 1:00 SO WE CAN HAVE 45 MINUTES TO TRAIN AND START THE TOURNEY AT 1:45! I WOULD LIKE US TO HAVE MORE TOURNEY BATTLE TIME AND FREE BATTLES AFTERWARDS FOR BEYPOINTS.

Style: Round Robin/ Double Elimination
Stadiums used:
MFB Attack
MFB Balance Stadium(maybe)
MFB Stamina Stadium(maybe)
Tornado Balance
and any others some may choose to bring..TAKARA ONLY PLEASE!
NOTE: IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL BEYBLADERS THAT WILL FREE BATTLE OR JUST PLAY HERE TO PRINT OUT A LOG SHEET!!! IT WILL BE EASIER TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR BATTLES. LOG CAN BE FOUND AND PRINTED BY USING THIS LINK:
http://worldbeyblade.org/wbotournamentrecord.pdf

Attendance List:
Bluezee
Pinoy Blader
Maz
EvilMeros187
BladeBee
EvilMeros187's Friend(maybe)
Anubis(maybe)
Ozzy(maybe)
Karice(maybe)
blackdranzer(maybe)
Strata(maybe)
Khomari(maybe)
Soloman(maybe)

Please be sure to contact me or Pinoy in advance if you know you wont be able to make it. Deadline for attendance is soon so please get with the program. Thank you.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

See everyone there . Thanks for all the luck. Ill be leaving in 20min! Bluezee if anything text me!
Im leaving in 5 min.
Started yet?
So, what happened? Are you done? Who won?
(Mar. 14, 2009  10:15 PM)Giga Wrote: So, what happened? Are you done? Who won?

I'm sure they'll post when they can :\
Yeah I know, just wanting to find out is all
Only four people went. Me Pinoy Bluezee and Evilmeros

We did a round robin
1st. Maz 3-0
2nd. Evilmeros 2-1
3rd. Bluezee 1-2
4th. Pinoy 0-3
Hey guys if you want something to count as a tournament, maybe more people should actually bother to show up???
I'm not giving out Gold, Silver and Bronze Faces for an event with only four people.

If anyone thinks this is unfair, feel free to mention it here, but as it is this is a gathering, not a tournament.
That's too bad more people did not show. Better luck next time.
Why did nobody else go!!!!???? Damn, that sux. =/ Where was BladeBee.... -.-
Omg 4 people...thats not even a tournament, carp. Thats wierd :\ about 1000 members and we host a tournament and 4 people come. Lets just hope the War Room and Spin Off doesn't turn out like this.
I can only imagine a few people definately coming spinoff; me, rocky, chozen, espio, neekalert and KidTala Lips_sealed
Sorry 'bout the low count of people, you guys. Hope you guys aren't discouraged to the point you won't do any more tournaments.
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:40 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Where was BladeBee.... -.-

I read in another thread that BladeBee's beyblade order was cancelled so he couldn't get blades in time for the tourney.
But that sucks that only four people showed.
Yea, but Bluezee offered to let Bladebee use his parts. He still could have went, or even bothered to call to say he wasn't coming atleast. :\
Oh...
But that's what sucks the most, no one called to say that they weren't coming.
(Mar. 15, 2009  2:10 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: Oh...
But that's what sucks the most, no one called to say that they weren't coming.

Yeah, that bugs me alot. :\
(Mar. 15, 2009  1:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm not giving out Gold, Silver and Bronze Faces for an event with only four people.

If anyone thinks this is unfair, feel free to mention it here, but as it is this is a gathering, not a tournament.
You had mentioned adding things to rules/rule clarification. I'd like to see a requirement section for tournaments, such as minimum amount of people, number of battles, battle format, etc.

I think that would be vital to add.

You know, maybe we should cut back on tournaments in the New York Metro area. Uncertain It would help to only have them maybe once every three months on a date we can all commonly agree to far in advance. It might help with attendance and prevent this from happening. I think the mindset will slowly turn into "Oh, there's going to be one next month so I don't have to make this one."

Seeing as we don't have a large player population at this time, I'd like to see less tournaments in New York/Jersey, more notification, and a greater penalty for absence. By posting tournament dates a month or two in advance, we can alert everyone to clear their schedule and sort things out. Also, by a lack of tournaments, we can stress the importance of appearance. I also think that a "no-show" without notice should count as a loss to all battles or something to that extent. It's a fitting consequence for letting someone down.

Anyhow, grats, Maz! :]
Deikailo, although there is already a section for tournament formats, the Tournament Kit that's coming will be more in-depth. I agree with pretty much everything you said though.
(Mar. 15, 2009  2:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Deikailo, although there is already a section for tournament formats, the Tournament Kit that's coming will be more in-depth. I agree with pretty much everything you said though.
I haven't had the opportunity to go over the kit yet. I'll be reading that during the next release. Might as well.

Can we make a forfeit penalty? Such as "a 24 hour cancellation notice must be stated as a post or to a responsible party unless a valid emergency takes place. E.G. Death, injury, theft, etc. Without proper cancellation, the forfeit penalty is a reported loss in battle to all attendees."

Because why should they get off with just a ban or a warning when everyone else made the effort to show and they couldn't even call or tell them that they couldn't show. I don't think "my mom/dad said no" should count, either, because they should have been told that a few DAYS in advance.

I think it'd be better if we sectioned North America off into regions and there can only be a certain amount of tournaments in a given time period in each region. This would A) stress the point to show B) slow the rankings of bladers in a higher populated area C) give bladers in a low populated area a better chance to rank
Deikalo, that last bit about not coming counting as loosing all battles sounds like a good idea. Would help prevent no-shows or atleast make them tell us first.
Deikailo, the only problem with that idea is that will encourage simply abstaining from RSVPing at all.
(Mar. 15, 2009  2:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Deikailo, the only problem with that idea is that will encourage simply abstaining from RSVPing at all.
Not if we say they can give us notice. I think 24 hours of notice is very generous. Even 12 hours, if you're that concerned. They can say they'll come, only they have to tell us if something comes up and they can't. Understandably, it's not fair for those that took the time and effort to arrange their own transportation and make time to show up to be let down with those who were too lazy to even call to state a no-show.

If I wanted to go to a tournament, I'd have to travel a minimum of 2 hours because a large base is in NYC. If I get there after spending about $30 round trip, and I find out there's no tournament because a few members were too lazy to tell someone they couldn't show, I'd be LIVID. I'd be worried that any other member that made that kind of effort for nothing may never want to RSVP again because of that.
Even though there was only a few of us, it was still fun to battle for points. The rankings have changed in the WBO. I am happy that I finally got more then 1 win =)