Beywiki Video project.

Tutorial like videos to suppliment the information on Beywiki.
The videos would have a unified look/formatting such as logo, font and colours, using subtitles intead of speech. maybe music?
ie:mock up I made today

So use this thread to brainstorm ideas. Foremost, suggestions for the content of the first video.

Ok, thanks guys, btw It not just me, Brad wants this to happen, and I'm sure anyone can submit footage etc.
Awesome.

I like the uniformity part. It makes it more professional IMO.

Speech part I like too. Sometimes, It is hard to tell what one is saying, due to accent, etc etc.

Anyone know what font for the Beywiki.com Forums banner is? It's very smooth. I like Helvetica Neue in Condensed Black.

Blue, did you make this in iMovie? I like that program; simple and will get the job done [and get it done well].
I'm liking the direction of this. As for subjects, I'm not sure what we should have first.

I'll see if I have time to play around with things on Premiere today or not.
Glad to see everyone wants to move ahead. I'll get started on this soon. I can't contribute (no blades + no camera) but I'll give you guys whatever you need.

I'll make a video logo to put at the beginning and I'll post the font files.
This would be a wonderful idea. I'll go with this 110%
Damn you, Blue. I was just thinking about doing this. Well, I've got a few of those pictures from the Takara site, you're more than welcome to use those.
I'm no good with movie editing programs, but I could help make a few good quality vids.

The only thing I feel the sample video you posted is lacking- is music. It doesn't have to be something elaborate or dramatic. I just find video accompanied by some sort of tune is much more interesting to watch.
Minion Wrote:I'm no good with movie editing programs, but I could help make a few good quality vids.

The only thing I feel the sample video you posted is lacking- is music. It doesn't have to be something elaborate or dramatic. I just find video accompanied by some sort of tune is much more interesting to watch.

I also agree with this statement.

Maybe keep the music to something instrumental, yet catchy and fitting for the video?

Instead of just battles for the videos (Battle Videos?), we could have Tutorials, How-To's (like how to make your metal frames for HMS parts shiny again, etc), and maybe even EVENT Videos? (BND especially, BeyWiki run tournaments, etc etc).
bugturtles Wrote:
Minion Wrote:I'm no good with movie editing programs, but I could help make a few good quality vids.

Maybe keep the music to something instrumental, yet catchy and fitting for the video?

Instead of just battles for the videos (Battle Videos?), we could have Tutorials, How-To's (like how to make your metal frames for HMS parts shiny again, etc), and maybe even EVENT Videos? (BND especially, BeyWiki run tournaments, etc etc).

All very nice ideas! We definitely need to have BND videos when the time comes, I'll be able to help with that for sure.
I really like this uniformity. Maybe there could be some chosen piece of music to play for every single video? Something that won't be annoying after listening to it for a few hundred times...

I can pitch in Grin, although my current camera is really horrible when it comes to focusing...
bugturtles Wrote:

fyi I did try playing around with music, but didn't really find something that suited it. I was thinking of a specific intro too.. the kinda music that I think would work is like the menu music ing gran turismo

And yea Bgtrtls, those kinda subjects are good ideas. I think that this weekend-ish I'll try to do a introduction to Blade types, and the various systems. the link I posted was really just to give you guys an idea of the kinda formatting such as the use of white and orange, subtitling.
Infact it is much rougher than what I have in my head at the moment.

also fyi, I used window movie maker for this believe it or not. I'd love to use iMovie but no mac. If someone knows a free lic. video editor I'm all ears.

thanks for the input thus far people
I think a piece of music from the G-Rev soundtrack might be nice, anyone agree?
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think a piece of music from the G-Rev soundtrack might be nice, anyone agree?

That sounds good to me, fits the theme obviously.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think a piece of music from the G-Rev soundtrack might be nice, anyone agree?

Some of the character themes or battles music without lyrics would do really well with it.
Should we have a single YouTube (if we are going to use YouTube?) account for more uniformity, but have credits of who edited, took the video, etc?
I think that was being taken care of by Brad.
Yeah, I will make a beywiki account for Youtube.
If we do use g-rev music I go with Takao, Kai, Rei, or Max's first theme, preferable Takao or Rei's because they're really up-beat and fast. *rocks out on air-guitar*
Elmo Wrote:I really like this uniformity. Maybe there could be some chosen piece of music to play for every single video? Something that won't be annoying after listening to it for a few hundred times...

I can pitch in Grin, although my current camera is really horrible when it comes to focusing...

I think we can all agree on one thing: No American songs from the anime. Maybe an instrumental from the Japanese anime? Like Max no Theme or Rei no Theme. It could be hanged from character to character depending on the blades.
really, you didn't think those songs were cool? I thought they were some of the best music made for any dub ever.
anyway I don't think i plan on using them either
Neko-Jin Rei Wrote:
Elmo Wrote:I really like this uniformity. Maybe there could be some chosen piece of music to play for every single video? Something that won't be annoying after listening to it for a few hundred times...

I think we can all agree on one thing: No American songs from the anime. Maybe an instrumental from the Japanese anime? Like Max no Theme or Rei no Theme. It could be hanged from character to character depending on the blades.

Underdog, Swing Low Let It Rip, Rise Above The Storm, and Hang On kick major carp. D:

I can't really contribute to this, but I'd liek to see it happen. Might I suggest the first video be about Beyblade types?(Attack, Zombie, Smash, etc.)
Neko-Jin Rei Wrote:I think we can all agree on one thing: No American songs from the anime. Maybe an instrumental from the Japanese anime? Like Max no Theme or Rei no Theme. It could be hanged from character to character depending on the blades.

Some songs were pretty catchy at the time.

I think Underdog was great. I haven't heard Hang On yet, though. (does anyone have it to send me? Smile )
bugturtles Wrote:
Neko-Jin Rei Wrote:I think we can all agree on one thing: No American songs from the anime. Maybe an instrumental from the Japanese anime? Like Max no Theme or Rei no Theme. It could be hanged from character to character depending on the blades.

Some songs were pretty catchy at the time.

I think Underdog was great. I haven't heard Hang On yet, though. (does anyone have it to send me? Smile )
I got hold of the german version on MP3.
Can't find the english version of Hang On for the life of me.
One of the other things is I doubt there will be less copyright issues if we just use the Japanese instrumentals, plus I think instrumentals work better for this kind of thing.