Beyblades should go all metal?!?

Poll: Should beyblades go all metal?

yes
35.19%
no
64.81%
Total: 100% 54 vote(s)
(Sep. 11, 2010  10:57 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2010  10:19 PM)Dan Wrote: Coated sharp is not plastic.
It is rubber with a metal tip.

No it's not. It's rubber around a plastic tip.

haha i was right!

anyways if beys were all metal wouldnt that make stamina and attack types completely inneffective?

i mean, if they were all metal, then attack types woudnt be able to move as much, and stamina types would have terrible stamina because of all the friction with the stadium floor. so at that point the only viable choice would be defensive types... kinda like how attack types were a while back Tongue_out
I am surprised people still thought CS had metal ... MS has metal, so does MB.

But no, spinning tops cannot really become pure metal, unless they were even smaller, perhaps.
they would need to implement stronger launchers to support a full metal mfb. i used to have a full metal plastic gen beyblade and that was even heavier than the MFB (which damaged a lot of my launchers)
It looked pretty metallic to me, but whatever. o:
(Sep. 12, 2010  1:13 AM)Dan Wrote: It looked pretty metallic to me, but whatever. o:
Grey plastic. It was confirmed to be plastic in the BB-71 topic anyway.
Crappy idea.
Tips would suck.
attack and defense would be soooooo nerfed.
Why this is a bad idea:

Attack: assuming that you mean each and every single piece of the bey is metal, attacks would really suffer. Attack types need to be as fast as they can around the stadium, which is why RF is the number one attack type bottom. Metal Flat is nowhere near as effective.

Defense: Again, speaking with the bottoms, metal has very little friction with the stadium floor, as opposed to rubber. Other than that, the metal would be great for weight.

Stamina: The weight distribution in the middle would KILL stamina; Metal Faces, metal tracks, and a metal bottom all put weight in the center, and increase friction on the stadium floor.

[/my two cents]
I think a combination between Kai-V's post mentioning smaller beys and OkiBlaze's post pretty much closes this topic... There's not much else to discuss other than how much of the Bey could be metal without hurting other types, but I think that is solved with MFB.
depends on the type of metal used. regardless, uf that were to happen, a new type of beyblade would have to be designed, different from
MFB. new stadiums and launchers as well. alos, that much metal will make the beys oh so more expensive. now maybe if every bey had a spark disk, i would change my mind, but for me right now, i say no
Overall the game would become more expensive: Durable stadiums and practical blades would cost much more to produce and buy, parents wouldn't spend that kind of money on toys. Heck, I bet they wouldn't be very safe as a kid's toy either. Beyblade as we know it can only continue to grow so long as it is seen as a toy. No use to a company in selling to a small fanbase of collectors :\

Of course, doesn't mean you can't MAKE your own pure metal blade.... you just couldn't use it is all :p
(Sep. 12, 2010  3:59 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Why this is a bad idea:

Attack: assuming that you mean each and every single piece of the bey is metal, attacks would really suffer. Attack types need to be as fast as they can around the stadium, which is why RF is the number one attack type bottom. Metal Flat is nowhere near as effective.

Defense: Again, speaking with the bottoms, metal has very little friction with the stadium floor, as opposed to rubber. Other than that, the metal would be great for weight.

Stamina: The weight distribution in the middle would KILL stamina; Metal Faces, metal tracks, and a metal bottom all put weight in the center, and increase friction on the stadium floor.

[/my two cents]

(Sep. 14, 2010  12:26 AM)Striker Rynny Wrote: Overall the game would become more expensive: Durable stadiums and practical blades would cost much more to produce and buy, parents wouldn't spend that kind of money on toys. Heck, I bet they wouldn't be very safe as a kid's toy either. Beyblade as we know it can only continue to grow so long as it is seen as a toy. No use to a company in selling to a small fanbase of collectors :\

Of course, doesn't mean you can't MAKE your own pure metal blade.... you just couldn't use it is all :p

(Sep. 12, 2010  12:19 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Spinning tops cannot really become pure metal, unless they were even smaller, perhaps.

(Sep. 14, 2010  12:08 AM)Leonwind Wrote: depends on the type of metal used. regardless, uf that were to happen, a new type of beyblade would have to be designed, different from
MFB. new stadiums and launchers as well. alos, that much metal will make the beys oh so more expensive.

Those Quotes sum up the answer to your "Beyblades should go All Metal?!?"
The Negative Effect It Would Have On All Types.(Except Defense)
Expensive
Dangerous(Though beys are dangerous to begin with)
Stadiums
Launchers That Can Withstand Holding The Metal Bey
Size
Metal Used
(Sep. 14, 2010  12:31 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: Dangerous(Though beys are dangerous to begin with)
Haha, I've been told that plastic series can actually cut :p
I've dented walls with terrible launches with MFB but that's the worst I've had <u<;
Metal stamina bottoms... would make great drills :p
ya, totally, that would be cool, beys with a function othr than bein beys
the danger of a full metal blade would be crazy. and would probably be made illegal but some time.
(Sep. 14, 2010  8:20 PM)genbbladelovr Wrote: ya, totally, that would be cool, beys with a function othr than bein beys

You mean gimmicks?...
Besides. if it was released by hasbro. They would take away the "Drill" feature
(Sep. 15, 2010  12:22 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: Besides. if it was released by hasbro. They would take away the "Drill" feature

I don't think any toy company would think twice about getting rid if it >u<;;

Reminds me of chess-related deaths. Stone/Metal Rooks are killer when directed at the temple.
(Sep. 15, 2010  12:42 AM)Striker Rynny Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2010  12:22 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: Besides. if it was released by hasbro. They would take away the "Drill" feature

Reminds me of chess-related deaths. Stone/Metal Rooks are killer when directed at the temple.

what does your comment even mean?
(Sep. 29, 2010  12:40 AM)genbbladelovr Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2010  12:42 AM)Striker Rynny Wrote:

what does your comment even mean?

Read the bolded
ya, but what are chess-related deaths?

edit: nvr mind i get it now
so, general consensus is no to all metal ya?
Well they could use Bio-steel... It's lighter than Titanium and stronger than steel..
Although I do agree that they shouldn't go all metal, I think it would be nice if they incorporated more metal. Like a clear wheel with a metal ring running through it would be good for defense, and something like metal defense would work pretty well for stamina.
I kind of predict the next system of Beyblades being much smaller than the current series. With some varying sizes still withstanding of course. Anyway, if Beyblades went all metal, I think the customization will be cut short to being more aesthetic than performance.
(Sep. 11, 2010  9:55 PM)genbbladelovr Wrote: Who agrees that the spin track, base, and clear wheel should go metal (we already have metal faces).

I don't think so because they will be too heavy and it may effect performance
Once you think of it you can make a almost full metal Beyblade. Just use something like Libra GB145MS. Libra is metal, GB145 has two metal balls, and MS is metal.