Beyblade burst TT or Hasbro

Ok, first off im sure you get this question all the time but ive had a few years break from beyblade, looking to buy some beyblade burst and i just wondered if one or the other had an advantage in battle? 

im also probably over thinking things but the burst mechanisim, do the teeth and the slope take a long time to wear down?

Not to sure whats more popular on the site. 

Thanks in advanced.
Most here seem to prefer TT. Slope vs. teeth quality depends on which Beyblade, but everything is going to wear with time.

Wrote this recently:

(May. 20, 2018  12:42 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 19, 2018  7:03 PM)Voradors Wrote: In your opinion, is Takara Tomy or Hasbro preferable?

I say if you're going to be buying online, you might as well get TT. The prices are more fixed and fair. And you can get the latest Beyblades earlier.

Hasbro is easier to get if you can buy as it comes out, in-store or from somewhere like Entertainment Earth. Or if you have stores that carry old stock. Older parts online are expensive, increasingly so, due to lack of stock. TT prices are mostly stable, it's the best pick in the random boosters (the "prize" pull) that get rather expensive.

Overall, buying Hasbro late in the game online will probably work out to be more expensive than TT, and you will have to watch other people get the newer parts.

Hasbro made some changes to the molds. Some pieces end up worse or better than TT's. Some parts they never release, some parts they make of their own.

At the end of the day, you pick what side you want. You can get a bit of both if you really want. (Most people stick with one side or at least highly focus in one.) Just know that you can't mix drivers and layers, as already mentioned. The parts will become damaged, and they become illegal in WBO tournaments from even trying.
(May. 27, 2018  12:36 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Most here seem to prefer TT. Slope vs. teeth quality depends on which Beyblade, but everything is going to wear with time.

Wrote this recently:

(May. 20, 2018  12:42 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I say if you're going to be buying online, you might as well get TT. The prices are more fixed and fair. And you can get the latest Beyblades earlier.

Hasbro is easier to get if you can buy as it comes out, in-store or from somewhere like Entertainment Earth. Or if you have stores that carry old stock. Older parts online are expensive, increasingly so, due to lack of stock. TT prices are mostly stable, it's the best pick in the random boosters (the "prize" pull) that get rather expensive.

Overall, buying Hasbro late in the game online will probably work out to be more expensive than TT, and you will have to watch other people get the newer parts.

Hasbro made some changes to the molds. Some pieces end up worse or better than TT's. Some parts they never release, some parts they make of their own.

At the end of the day, you pick what side you want. You can get a bit of both if you really want. (Most people stick with one side or at least highly focus in one.) Just know that you can't mix drivers and layers, as already mentioned. The parts will become damaged, and they become illegal in WBO tournaments from even trying.

Adding to that, Hasbro beys are usually made to chuck in the store and wait for kids to cry to their parents. To get their kids to shut up, they buy the toy for their kid, and Hasbro has sold their Beyblade.

Takara-Tomy is generally more professional, and parts are generally of better quality.
Thanks for the replies.

Are there any reliable websites for Takara Tomy at all that people here tend to use? I live in the UK
Takara Tomy is more viable in most ways, but in some ways Hasbro is better.

T.T has better Stadiums, teeth, better accuracy to the anime, better power, and better parts. Hasbro has better endurance, so it will last longer, slopes, incompatibility with each other, and some part changes that make it good/bad.
(May. 27, 2018  12:45 AM)leosama Wrote:
(May. 27, 2018  12:36 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Most here seem to prefer TT. Slope vs. teeth quality depends on which Beyblade, but everything is going to wear with time.

Wrote this recently:

Adding to that, Hasbro beys are usually made to chuck in the store and wait for kids to cry to their parents. To get their kids to shut up, they buy the toy for their kid, and Hasbro has sold their Beyblade.

Takara-Tomy is generally more professional, and parts are generally of better quality.

Hasbro has sold their Beyblade? as in the rights?
(May. 28, 2018  2:48 AM)Iamveryfunny Wrote:
(May. 27, 2018  12:45 AM)leosama Wrote: Adding to that, Hasbro beys are usually made to chuck in the store and wait for kids to cry to their parents. To get their kids to shut up, they buy the toy for their kid, and Hasbro has sold their Beyblade.

Hasbro has sold their Beyblade? as in the rights?

as in the product
(May. 28, 2018  3:28 AM)leosama Wrote:
(May. 28, 2018  2:48 AM)Iamveryfunny Wrote: Hasbro has sold their Beyblade? as in the rights?

as in the product

Interesting. I wonder is the who is going to replace them
No one is replacing Hasbro--miscommunication/misunderstanding error. leosama just means:

Quote:Adding to that, Hasbro beys are usually made to chuck in the store and wait for kids to cry to their parents. To get their kids to shut up, they buy the toy for their kid, and Hasbro has sold their Beyblade [to a customer].

Can't say I think Hasbro is that bad myself, but hey.

TT isn't perfect, but they do seem to drop the ball much less often. The TT Burst Standard Type Stadium is the best around, hands down, no matter which route you go.
Hasbro is a knockoff. They make worse qualiity products of the real thing. They didnt even make the bit chips right. Why arent they removable like TTs? An it took em forever to make the strike chip. Back when V Force was around I thought Hasbro was the "real deal" until i went to a shop a few cities away. Found out I was being lied to. Now hasbro does make good limited editions (the black & orange L Drago Destroy, Blue evolution of that & the red Thief Phinex). But look at the quality. Its like buying a oreo an then buying the Kroger brand.

I feel so sorry for kids in stores not knowing they are wasting money. 1 of these days i wanna go to a kid an their mom an say "mam, that beyblade is not the real thing" an show them the real thing. Even if it is a little more expensive. Look what they did to the digital sward launcher an LR launcher. Im scared of what they would do to a regular L launcher.
(May. 28, 2018  8:25 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Hasbro is a knockoff. They make worse qualiity products of the real thing. They didnt even make the bit chips right. Why arent they removable like TTs? An it took em forever to make the strike chip. Back when V Force was around I thought Hasbro was the "real deal" until i went to a shop a few cities away. Found out I was being lied to. Now hasbro does make good limited editions (the black & orange L Drago Destroy, Blue evolution of that & the red Thief Phinex). But look at the quality. Its like buying a oreo an then buying the Kroger brand.

I feel so sorry for kids in stores not knowing they are wasting money. 1 of these days i wanna go to a kid an their mom an say "mam, that beyblade is not the real thing" an show them the real thing.  Even if it is a little more expensive. Look what they did to the digital sward launcher an LR launcher. Im scared of what they would do to a regular L launcher.

Hasbro is just as "real" of a brand as TT, and their beys are far from a waste of money. They might not look as shiny and clear as TTs beys, but they do their job and wage battle just the same. I get that you might not like the brand and call it "inferior", but that's personal opinion alone and not a fact. It's certainly not true for everyone.

I think it's honestly best if people, kids especially, come by Beyblades naturally instead of being forced to get just one brand that's not sold locally. Kids like the immediate gratification of seeing and getting something new, so why make them wait for shipping to get their new toy? Why not let them buy it with their own allowance in the local store instead? What if a friend gets Beyblades and they want to trade parts? They're going to slam headlong into that incompatibility wall hardcore when they try.

If they discover TT beys later and still like Hasbro's better for whatever reason, that's their choice to make. Don't try to force your opinions on them. That just makes you a jerk.

Anyways, I've compiled my own opinions of the two brands here, but like all opinions this reflects me and me alone. You're free to agree or disagree at your own will.

Takara-Tomy

Pros:
Anime accuracy is high
Higher quality plastic parts
Better stadiums and accessories (launchers, grips, etc.)
Release schedule is ahead of Hasbro
Recolors end up looking good fairly often
TT exclusives usually contain at least one potentially useful part at release

Cons:
Fakes often imitate them over Hasbro
Rare parts, exclusives, and old beys can get expensive (if you can even find them for sale)
Teeth wear down faster than slopes
Higher cost than storebought Hasbeys (but about equal to online Hasbeys)
Stickers, some which can be very tricky to apply

Hasbro

Pros:
Improved some parts that burst incredibly frequently in their TT release
Teeth wear down slowly
Beys are printed with their designs, so no sticker application is needed
Hasbro has a free app, which you can use as a sort of collection tracker along with an online Beyblade battling game

Neutral:
Some recolors are better than TT's recolors, some are boring and terrible
Most bey names have been changed
Attack-based drivers are slower and weaker, but significantly easier to control and use effectively

Cons:
The transparent plastic is more prone to dents and marks at major contact points because of its relative softness
The transparent plastic is foggy and often cheap-looking
The Hasbro exclusives are terrible in their performance and currently have no unique parts aside from the layer
Forge disk, frame, and driver names are omitted from packaging, requiring research, the app, or  prior knowledge from TT beys to learn their names
Stadiums are disadvantageous towards Attack types

Other minor things between the two lines is TT drivers tend to be translucent (but not all are, especially in limited edition sets), while Hasbro's are opaque without exception. Honestly, TT beys are my preference for their clearer colors, translucent drivers, and teeth that give those satisfying clicks, but I do like the ease of Hasbeys as well, especially when their colors pop like the emerald green Fafnir F3.
(Jun. 05, 2018  4:27 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 28, 2018  8:25 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Hasbro is a knockoff. They make worse qualiity products of the real thing. They didnt even make the bit chips right. Why arent they removable like TTs? An it took em forever to make the strike chip. Back when V Force was around I thought Hasbro was the "real deal" until i went to a shop a few cities away. Found out I was being lied to. Now hasbro does make good limited editions (the black & orange L Drago Destroy, Blue evolution of that & the red Thief Phinex). But look at the quality. Its like buying a oreo an then buying the Kroger brand.

I feel so sorry for kids in stores not knowing they are wasting money. 1 of these days i wanna go to a kid an their mom an say "mam, that beyblade is not the real thing" an show them the real thing.  Even if it is a little more expensive. Look what they did to the digital sward launcher an LR launcher. Im scared of what they would do to a regular L launcher.

Hasbro is just as "real" of a brand as TT, and their beys are far from a waste of money. They might not look as shiny and clear as TTs beys, but they do their job and wage battle just the same. I get that you might not like the brand and call it "inferior", but that's personal opinion alone and not a fact. It's certainly not true for everyone.

I think it's honestly best if people, kids especially, come by Beyblades naturally instead of being forced to get just one brand that's not sold locally. Kids like the immediate gratification of seeing and getting something new, so why make them wait for shipping to get their new toy? Why not let them buy it with their own allowance in the local store instead? What if a friend gets Beyblades and they want to trade parts? They're going to slam headlong into that incompatibility wall hardcore when they try.

If they discover TT beys later and still like Hasbro's better for whatever reason, that's their choice to make. Don't try to force your opinions on them. That just makes you a jerk.

Anyways, I've compiled my own opinions of the two brands here, but like all opinions this reflects me and me alone. You're free to agree or disagree at your own will.

Takara-Tomy

Pros:
Anime accuracy is high
Higher quality plastic parts
Better stadiums and accessories (launchers, grips, etc.)
Release schedule is ahead of Hasbro
Recolors end up looking good fairly often
TT exclusives usually contain at least one potentially useful part at release

Cons:
Fakes often imitate them over Hasbro
Rare parts, exclusives, and old beys can get expensive (if you can even find them for sale)
Teeth wear down faster than slopes
Higher cost than storebought Hasbeys (but about equal to online Hasbeys)
Stickers, some which can be very tricky to apply

Hasbro

Pros:
Improved some parts that burst incredibly frequently in their TT release
Teeth wear down slowly
Beys are printed with their designs, so no sticker application is needed
Hasbro has a free app, which you can use as a sort of collection tracker along with an online Beyblade battling game

Neutral:
Some recolors are better than TT's recolors, some are boring and terrible
Most bey names have been changed
Attack-based drivers are slower and weaker, but significantly easier to control and use effectively

Cons:
The transparent plastic is more prone to dents and marks at major contact points because of its relative softness
The transparent plastic is foggy and often cheap-looking
The Hasbro exclusives are terrible in their performance and currently have no unique parts aside from the layer
Forge disk, frame, and driver names are omitted from packaging, requiring research, the app, or  prior knowledge from TT beys to learn their names
Stadiums are disadvantageous towards Attack types

Other minor things between the two lines is TT drivers tend to be translucent (but not all are, especially in limited edition sets), while Hasbro's are opaque without exception. Honestly, TT beys are my preference for their clearer colors, translucent drivers, and teeth that give those satisfying clicks, but I do like the ease of Hasbeys as well, especially when their colors pop like the emerald green Fafnir F3.

I completely agree hasbro beys are essentially knock-offs.  just look at the garuda g3 debacle.

further, look at that battle tower embarrassment.

also i disagree that hasbro slopes wear slower than tt teeth.
So, Hasbro apparently buffing a single parts burst resistance is worthy of calling the series a knock-off just because it started a debacle about possibly being too strong compared to its predecessor? Uh... what?

The Battle Tower is awkward for sure, but once again, one awkward release doesn't make the entire series a big knock-off. You have to remember, Takara-Tomy's the one that made a lot of these cruddy parts Hasbro keeps recycling, like Jaggy and Edge, and is also responsible for the likes of Tower and Operate's Attack mode. If you're saying TT can make these mistakes but Hasbro can't, you're severely biased.

And I've heard several times before that TT's teeth wear is a bigger issue than Hasbro's slope wear, and this seems to hold true in my experience. If you have some numbers to throw at me then go ahead, but I haven't heard a single instance of someone saying that Hasbro's slopes wear as fast or faster than TT's teeth, nor have I witnessed this after an extended period of using both series.
(Jun. 05, 2018  4:50 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: So, Hasbro apparently buffing a single parts burst resistance is worthy of calling the series a knock-off just because it started a debacle about possibly being too strong compared to its predecessor? Uh... what?

The Battle Tower is awkward for sure, but once again, one awkward release doesn't make the entire series a big knock-off. You have to remember, Takara-Tomy's the one that made a lot of these cruddy parts Hasbro keeps recycling, like Jaggy and Edge, and is also responsible for the likes of Tower and Operate's Attack mode. If you're saying TT can make these mistakes but Hasbro can't, you're severely biased.

And I've heard several times before that TT's teeth wear is a bigger issue than Hasbro's slope wear, and this seems to hold true in my experience. If you have some numbers to throw at me then go ahead, but I haven't heard a single instance of someone saying that Hasbro's slopes wear as fast or faster than TT's teeth, nor have I witnessed this after an extended period of using both series.

if i’m biased, maybe i’ll just have to pardon myself. lol.  you are overthinking this.  TT are the real beyblades, period.
A little of both and you can't go wrong. I love TT, but walking into a local retailer and snagging Hasbeys is convenient and immediately gratifying. Just do a little research beforehand.
Look at orbit.. I got the red/gold w2 & the part doesnt move. I haven't seen atomic yet. I do like their Marge driver. Very useful. I guess some beys drom Hasbro are goodSmile it depends on which ones. I got 2 beys that TT never made that I love. So some are goodSmile

Solid post!

I prefer TT over Hasbro, but I don't think Hasbro is as awful as some people want to spin them as. They've made some choices in their history that I don't agree with, but TT has done the same.

The Blader with unlimited funds would buy the best of both, but that's too much to buy and even figure out for most people. Do what works for you and makes you happy, that's what I say. I'll support any Blader in their choice.
(Jun. 05, 2018  6:52 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

Solid post!

I prefer TT over Hasbro, but I don't think Hasbro is as awful as some people want to spin them as. They've made some choices in their history that I don't agree with, but TT has done the same.

The Blader with unlimited funds would buy the best of both, but that's too much to buy and even figure out for most people. Do what works for you and makes you happy, that's what I say. I'll support any Blader in their choice.

You could use that same non-position to advocate for actual fakes.  yes, we live in a free country (for now?) where we make choices everyday.  but if this thread is about TT vs. hasbro, there is no question which one is superior.
It depends, if your looking for later releases and better aesthetics, go for TT. If your looking for more durability and better balance, go hasbro. I prefer hasbro because TT beys have a higher chance of breaking and are harder for me to get. Also, slopes VS teeth is a debated topic from what Iv'e seen. The way I see it, slopes wear less that teeth, they use friction so it can better deal with attacks (at least thats what I heard), and you don't hear that annoying clicking sound when you put it together. On the other hand, teeth wear more but can deal with smaller hits because it take a bit more force to get over each tooth (again, at least thats what I heard) and it better gauges how close it was to bursting (for example: "my bey was 2 clicks away from bursting") but since they aren't interchangeable, its better to stick with one brand for the most part if your not a collector.
(Jun. 05, 2018  3:09 PM)bladekid Wrote: It depends, if your looking for later releases and better aesthetics, go for TT. If your looking for more durability and better balance, go hasbro. I prefer hasbro because TT beys have a higher chance of breaking and are harder for me to get. Also, slopes VS teeth is a debated topic from what Iv'e seen. The way I see it, slopes wear less that teeth, they use friction so it can better deal with attacks (at least thats what I heard), and you don't hear that annoying clicking sound when you put it together. On the other hand, teeth wear more but can deal with smaller hits because it take a bit more force to get over each tooth (again, at least thats what I heard) and it better gauges how close it was to bursting (for example: "my bey was 2 clicks away from bursting") but since they aren't interchangeable, its better to stick with one brand for the most part if your not a collector.

please explain how hasbro beys offer “better balance” over TT beys.
(Jun. 05, 2018  1:15 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: You could use that same non-position to advocate for actual fakes.  yes, we live in a free country (for now?) where we make choices everyday.  but if this thread is about TT vs. hasbro, there is no question which one is superior.

When you're interested in having a discussion about facts, I look forward to it. But you don't seem very interested in really talking about it, given what you've said to me here and Magikhorse.

I want to hear more of some of the points you say, like about people potentially being inaccurate about Hasbro's slope wear vs. TT teeth wear. I want to know the truths of things.

The Blader who wants the best collection unlimited funding could buy would buy the best of both. This is because both companies have their strengths and weaknesses. I find that, yes, TT seems to be the more consistent of the two product-wise from what I can tell (though I would really like to do more research to find the nitty gritty). The one notable gap is that TT gets all the beys first, so they will always be ahead. But beyond that, I really don't see a notable advantage. Otherwise, the "pick one side and stick to it" advice wouldn't make any sense.

So I can't honestly say to someone to buy one over the other totally. It doesn't seem clear-cut to me on its own.

Maybe you know something I don't, but you've not put much on the table. I can't see legitimacy in calling a Hasbro a "knockoff", though I know some people just favor harsher language than needed.
(Jun. 05, 2018  6:00 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2018  1:15 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: You could use that same non-position to advocate for actual fakes.  yes, we live in a free country (for now?) where we make choices everyday.  but if this thread is about TT vs. hasbro, there is no question which one is superior.

When you're interested in having a discussion about facts, I look forward to it. But you don't seem very interested in really talking about it, given what you've said to me here and Magikhorse.

I want to hear more of some of the points you say, like about people potentially being inaccurate about Hasbro's slope wear vs. TT teeth wear. I want to know the truths of things.

The Blader who wants the best collection unlimited funding could buy would buy the best of both. This is because both companies have their strengths and weaknesses. I find that, yes, TT seems to be the more consistent of the two product-wise from what I can tell (though I would really like to do more research to find the nitty gritty). The one notable gap is that TT gets all the beys first, so they will always be ahead. But beyond that, I really don't see a notable advantage. Otherwise, the "pick one side and stick to it" advice wouldn't make any sense.

So I can't honestly say to someone to buy one over the other totally. It doesn't seem clear-cut to me on its own.

Maybe you know something I don't, but you've not put much on the table. I can't see legitimacy in calling a Hasbro a "knockoff", though I know some people just favor harsher language than needed.

we can agree to disagree.  but hasbro beys are an obviously subjugated product. 

frankly i don’t need to put paragraphs of drivel “on the table” to convey that. fwiw, saying “everything is fine as a personal choice” doesn’t say much at all. 

TT designs and sells beys, hasbro copies those designs with compromises, and sells them.  

from launchers, to stadiums, to the slopes-only burst mechanic itself, hasbro beys are a far cry from the real thing. they are knock offs.
Takara Tomy is definitely the brand to go with from a competitive standpoint. It has a better variety of viable launchers, and a way better stadium compared to anything Hasbro has put out. I would like to clear one thing up however: In terms of the actual Beyblades themselves, the only thing that's objectively better overall about Takara Tomy from a competitive standpoint (aside from access to Yielding) is that they release the new Beyblades first. If you're familiar with MFB, you know you wouldn't pull up to a tournament with Twisted Tempo 230CS and Gravity Destroyer D125RF and expect to win against competitive Flash, Duo, Phantom, and Diablo combos.

It's the compatibility issues that cause all the bias against Hasbro: since most of the competitive players here buy the newest TT releases first, there's not much of a reason to get a duplicate of an outdated Beyblade where two of the pieces don't fit with the rest of your collection once Hasbro releases it. Hasbro has changed a bunch of parts, resulting in some being nerfed (D2, Odax, Doomscizor, Nepstrius, Cognite) and others being buffed (Yegdrion, G3, Roktavor, S2, J2). If Takara Tomy and Hasbro had identical release dates for each of their equivalent products, I 100% guarantee that there would be a more even split between competitive players using TT and competitive players using Hasbro. And if Hasbro's versions of the Super Z Beyblades are as accurate to their TT versions as their Evolution Beyblades are to the TT God Beyblades, then I'd bet money that Hasbro Beyblades become as viable an option as TT ones once the whole Burst series is finished.
(Jun. 05, 2018  8:26 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: we can agree to disagree.  but hasbro beys are an obviously subjugated product. 

frankly i don’t need to put paragraphs of drivel “on the table” to convey that. fwiw, saying “everything is fine as a personal choice” doesn’t say much at all. 

TT designs and sells beys, hasbro copies those designs with compromises, and sells them.  

from launchers, to stadiums, to the slopes-only burst mechanic itself, hasbro beys are a far cry from the real thing. they are knock offs.

Of course, we can agree to disagree. Never intended to try to change your mind. You wanted to talk to me directly about my stance of agreeing with another post, and I responded honestly. I'd be interested in trying to learn from what observations and experience you have and wouldn't consider it drivel, but it's OK if you find having a more thorough conversation to be a waste of your time, as I thought may be the case. I'm not pointing a jelly pistol to your head, haha.

I'm not interested in going back and forth without some attempt at details, pretty much. At least for something like this.

Seems my previous word choices were some harsh at times, and I apologize for that. Been a rough week so far.

I agree, Takara-Tomy wins with stadiums and seemingly with launchers, too. Like Wombat said, it's in the individual beys themselves where things get less clear-cut, or so I think. (Aside of how ahead TT is in comparison, that's a really major difference.)

But yeah, fine to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

(Jun. 05, 2018  11:01 PM)Wombat Wrote: Takara Tomy is definitely the brand to go with from a competitive standpoint. It has a better variety of viable launchers, and a way better stadium compared to anything Hasbro has put out. I would like to clear one thing up however: In terms of the actual Beyblades themselves, the only thing that's objectively better overall about Takara Tomy from a competitive standpoint (aside from access to Yielding) is that they release the new Beyblades first. If you're familiar with MFB, you know you wouldn't pull up to a tournament with Twisted Tempo 230CS and Gravity Destroyer D125RF and expect to win against competitive Flash, Duo, Phantom, and Diablo combos.

It's the compatibility issues that cause all the bias against Hasbro: since most of the competitive players here buy the newest TT releases first, there's not much of a reason to get a duplicate of an outdated Beyblade where two of the pieces don't fit with the rest of your collection once Hasbro releases it. Hasbro has changed a bunch of parts, resulting in some being nerfed (D2, Odax, Doomscizor, Nepstrius, Cognite) and others being buffed (Yegdrion, G3, Roktavor, S2, J2). If Takara Tomy and Hasbro had identical release dates for each of their equivalent products, I 100% guarantee that there would be a more even split between competitive players using TT and competitive players using Hasbro. And if Hasbro's versions of the Super Z Beyblades are as accurate to their TT versions as their Evolution Beyblades are to the TT God Beyblades, then I'd bet money that Hasbro Beyblades become as viable an option as TT ones once the whole Burst series is finished.

Thank you very much for your response here! This is the sort of picture I have been putting together in my head based on all the information I can read and what bits of testing I can do. It's nice to see confirmation (or corrections, those are welcome, too) to my understanding from people who have greater experience.
(Jun. 05, 2018  4:01 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2018  3:09 PM)bladekid Wrote: It depends, if your looking for later releases and better aesthetics, go for TT. If your looking for more durability and better balance, go hasbro. I prefer hasbro because TT beys have a higher chance of breaking and are harder for me to get. Also, slopes VS teeth is a debated topic from what Iv'e seen. The way I see it, slopes wear less that teeth, they use friction so it can better deal with attacks (at least thats what I heard), and you don't hear that annoying clicking sound when you put it together. On the other hand, teeth wear more but can deal with smaller hits because it take a bit more force to get over each tooth (again, at least thats what I heard) and it better gauges how close it was to bursting (for example: "my bey was 2 clicks away from bursting") but since they aren't interchangeable, its better to stick with one brand for the most part if your not a collector.

please explain how hasbro beys offer “better balance” over TT beys.

What I mean is that they dont seem to wobble as much, and even tips like edge that are compleatly unbalanced, seem to be decently balanced. Things that are unbalanced like cycle, guard, and loop are really unbalanced, but the hasbro version isn't. Also, since the beys overall dont have a lot (if any) mold variations like TT, so you may not get perfect balance with hasbro, but your also not gonna get a horribly off balance one.