Beyblade X - Wishful Thinking and Speculation

I only have two major items I'd like to see, though neither is likely to happen.

1. Bring back a universal bit chip type system so any avatar/bit beast can be put on any blade.
2. Bring back a spin gear type system so any blade can be made to spin left or right

Other than these things, I don't really care what they do with the system as long as it's interesting.
(Apr. 04, 2023  5:26 AM)icefang Wrote: I only have two major items I'd like to see, though neither is likely to happen.

1. Bring back a universal bit chip type system so any avatar/bit beast can be put on any blade.
2.  Bring back a spin gear type system so any blade can be made to spin left or right

Other than these things, I don't really care what they do with the system as long as it's interesting.

For me its these things and the competitive meta would be fun to play
The thing that worries me is that ko’s are 3 points, which probably means its really hard to get ko’s
Idk honestly. Hasn’t really been confirmed confirmed yet. We also don’t even know what the stadium looks like yet. Hopefully KO’s aren’t actually 3 Points and are just 2 maybe because otherwise that would make it annoying when you get a KO Twice it’s basically over but that would give us more of an attack meta so idk may be a good or bad thing.
(Apr. 15, 2023  10:50 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Idk honestly. Hasn’t really been confirmed confirmed yet. We also don’t even know what the stadium looks like yet. Hopefully KO’s aren’t actually 3 Points and are just 2 maybe because otherwise that would make it annoying when you get a KO Twice it’s basically over but that would give us more of an attack meta so idk may be a good or bad thing.

I mean that is true but just the fact that its three points kind of makes me think that attack types will either be op or terrible depending on how hard it is to get ko’s
My thoughts on the next system:
I’m betting that each Bey has five main parts. From top to bottom, they would have a Bit Chip like piece, and Energy Ring like piece, the main layer, a metal disc, and then the tip. I doubt the Bit Chip and Energy Ring parts have any real value. However, if these Beys do Burst, I could see the teeth being on one or the other. The layer would be where all the main contact points are, the metal disc providing weight, and the tip just being a normal tip.

It’s too probably early to try and guess what the timing for the motives are, but I might as well. The leaked Bey’s insignia looks like Gemios, which is based on Gemini. So it’s possible that the beys will be based on Astrological Signs. There’s only 12, so they shouldn’t have much of a problem doing each one, as opposed to the tons of constellations. They would be reusing lots of Metal Saga motifs, but it’s not like that’s a bad thing.
I hope we get more complex customization (similar to plastics and you could say metal fight)
They way that I'm reading into it, the tagline being "high speed battles" and KOs supposedly being 3 points, my bet is everything comes on a rubber flat and we're gonna have all attack all the time.
(Apr. 18, 2023  11:22 AM)fabelavalon Wrote: They way that I'm reading into it, the tagline being "high speed battles" and KOs supposedly being 3 points, my bet is everything comes on a rubber flat and we're gonna have all attack all the time.

That would be.. interesting to say the least
TBH I hope the battles are less boring.
I have to often turn on music when watching battles for some reason.
TBH ko's being 3 points takes away the value of bursts. I honestly hope that ko's and bursts are swapped
I really hope that, as the burst mechanic is still staying, that it takes WAY more effort for a top to burst and that there's a whole lot more recoil.
Has anyone over the age of 21 ever considered an "extreme" or "underground" type beyblade battle community ? Where all customizations are allowed,all metal is allowed, sparks and all Lol. The only rule is the launcher stays the same. But I think it be pretty cool turn it up a notch.
(Apr. 19, 2023  11:35 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: I really hope that, as the burst mechanic is still staying, that it takes WAY more effort for a top to burst and that there's a whole lot more recoil.

It takes a lot of effort for beys to burst as they are, no need for that.
There was some discussion on Twitter between some Japanese Beyblade fans and the mangaka who wrote the Metal Fight Beyblade manga and they were discussing the fact that Metal Fight Beyblade has the highest sales of the entire franchise.

There's a lot of speculation that X is going to be similar to Burst, but I can't help but wonder (and hope) if Beyblade X will be closer to Metal Fight Beyblade. The fact that Metal Fight Beyblade has the highest sales of the franchise is leading some Japanese fans to think so.
(Apr. 20, 2023  12:08 PM)Wizard Wrote: There was some discussion on Twitter between some Japanese Beyblade fans and the mangaka who wrote the Metal Fight Beyblade manga and they were discussing the fact that Metal Fight Beyblade has the highest sales of the entire franchise.

There's a lot of speculation that X is going to be similar to Burst, but I can't help but wonder (and hope) if Beyblade X will be closer to Metal Fight Beyblade. The fact that Metal Fight Beyblade has the highest sales of the franchise is leading some Japanese fans to think so.

Wait, didn't mfb do the worst out of the past 3 sales-wise?
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:19 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  12:08 PM)Wizard Wrote: There was some discussion on Twitter between some Japanese Beyblade fans and the mangaka who wrote the Metal Fight Beyblade manga and they were discussing the fact that Metal Fight Beyblade has the highest sales of the entire franchise.

Wait, didn't mfb do the worst out of the past 3 sales-wise?

CoroCoro's Beyblade X feature page looked back at the number of ships for each generation, and the one with the highest number of shipments is Metal Fight Beyblade. Burst is the longest series and is still on store shelves today, but even it can't meet the same number of shipments as Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:27 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:19 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Wait, didn't mfb do the worst out of the past 3 sales-wise?

CoroCoro's Beyblade X feature page looked back at the number of ships for each generation, and the one with the highest number of shipments is Metal Fight Beyblade. Burst is the longest series and is still on store shelves today, but even it can't meet the same number of shipments as Metal Fight Beyblade.

Shipment doesn't equal sales. I could ship 1000 mfb beys and 600 burst beys but if burst sells 500 and mfb sells 20 there's a big difference.

(Overall I've heard burst sold better than mfb)
(Apr. 20, 2023  3:12 PM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:27 PM)Wizard Wrote: CoroCoro's Beyblade X feature page looked back at the number of ships for each generation, and the one with the highest number of shipments is Metal Fight Beyblade. Burst is the longest series and is still on store shelves today, but even it can't meet the same number of shipments as Metal Fight Beyblade.

Shipment doesn't equal sales. I could ship 1000 mfb beys and 600 burst beys but if burst sells 500 and mfb sells 20 there's a big difference.

(Overall I've heard burst sold better than mfb)

And do you have a source for this?
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:27 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:19 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Wait, didn't mfb do the worst out of the past 3 sales-wise?

That number doesn't mean anything when shipments do not equal sales numbers you can have more shipped but doesn't mean you get to the same amount of profit. 

Even if you take this number at its word, the number does not specify within Japan, within World Wide..., etc...

MFB having what 190 Million and Burst having 170 million shipped does not mean, "MFB>Burst" more shipped doesn't mean more profit in this case.

[Image: pWX5H2c.png]

Burst has had on average more expensive products that Metal would've had more profit towards Takara Tomy. 

Ex: BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF is 997 and Divine Belial a booster is 1760Yen, or Xiphoid that is 2640Yen

Unless you get Takara Tomy to release the actual numbers I do not believe MFB did better than Burst.

We also should be clear not to downplay Burst since Burst is the generation that lived through COVID-19 which is an extremely major factor that affects people's ability to be able to afford Beyblade's, lack of tournaments and events that could've demotivated people from buying.

I believe Burst did very good for its 7 years.
(Apr. 21, 2023  12:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2023  2:27 PM)Wizard Wrote: CoroCoro's Beyblade X feature page looked back at the number of ships for each generation, and the one with the highest number of shipments is Metal Fight Beyblade. Burst is the longest series and is still on store shelves today, but even it can't meet the same number of shipments as Metal Fight Beyblade.

That number doesn't mean anything when shipments do not equal sales numbers you can have more shipped but doesn't mean you get to the same amount of profit. 

Even if you take this number at its word, the number does not specify within Japan, within World Wide..., etc...

MFB having what 190 Million and Burst having 170 million shipped does not mean, "MFB>Burst" more shipped doesn't mean more profit in this case.

Burst has had on average more expensive products that Metal would've had more profit towards Takara Tomy. 

Ex: BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF is 997 and Divine Belial a booster is 1760Yen, or Xiphoid that is 2640Yen

Unless you get Takara Tomy to release the actual numbers I do not believe MFB did better than Burst.

We also should be clear not to downplay Burst since Burst is the generation that lived through COVID-19 which is an extremely major factor that affects people's ability to be able to afford Beyblade's, lack of tournaments and events that could've demotivated people from buying.

Nobody said that Burst performed poorly.
Im hoping we can get some returning champions for the final fight
(Apr. 22, 2023  12:35 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2023  12:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote: That number doesn't mean anything when shipments do not equal sales numbers you can have more shipped but doesn't mean you get to the same amount of profit. 

Nobody said that Burst performed poorly.

He used Burst shipments as an example. Burst had less shipments than metal fight, yet it sold better. Therefore proving shipments do not equal sales.
(Apr. 24, 2023  6:26 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2023  12:35 AM)Wizard Wrote: Nobody said that Burst performed poorly.

He used Burst shipments as an example. Burst had less shipments than metal fight, yet it sold better. Therefore proving shipments do not equal sales.
I don't believe the sales numbers are actually represented here, only the shipments. The argument being made was that Burst, being more expensive, may have had a higher profit margin, and therefore earned TT more money than MFB, but that's unsubstantiated. The take-away should be that while shipped units are interesting to know, they're not the be-all and end-all of profitability, and therefore success, and should be taken with a grain of salt, and considered in the context of other information, like longevity, and the degree to which TT provided support in the form of the anime and tournaments.
Kinda say I wanna see pri rise better