Beyblade War Room: Hey, this is important!

Hello, World Bladers!

We need to talk about Beyblade War Room. For those not in the know, Beyblade War Room -- or BWR -- is a large Beyblade tournament that the WBO will be hosting in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on May 24. Those of you in Canada or the Northern USA may be able to attend, so look into it! You can find the official thread for it here: http://worldbeyblade.org/thread-2374.html

I wanted to make an announcement about this so I could reach everyone, because I am trying to push this event as much as I can, so do everything you can to come!

I had a phone meeting with the head of AN Gaming today. It was mostly a lot of boring technical stuff that isn't of any real relevance here, but I need a favour from you guys!

I want anyone who attended BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! last year or anyone who's planning on attending BWR this year to e-mail info@animenorth.com with your feedback. We need to show them that there is a strong presence for Beyblade here! Tell them what you thought about last year's event and how you're looking forward to this year. (Make sure to point out that we didn't have nearly enough space last year ...)

Let's talk about how I want to promote the event while at AN. Since the event is on Saturday, I want to spend Friday getting the word out about BWR. Here are my ideas.
  • Have Bladers playing Beyblade at different, highly populated areas of the convention. We'll meet up beforehand and I'll give you all some WBO kits so there will be stuff for people to take and borrow to build up interest. I'll probably either make you wear shirts or have signs at these "Beybattle Stations" knowing that you're actually part of an organization, not just some creeps playing with tops in the middle of the floor.
  • There will be BWR fliers printed up, which will be distributed around the convention.
  • Probably on the Saturday a few hours before BWR we will host Beyblade University, a Beyblade workshop where we will go over the basics of Beyblade. I will prepare a slideshow presentation and AN has already promised me a projector and microphone and other things.

It's looking like my budget should be similar to previous events so I'll try to do as much as I can with it. Any ideas on what you guys would think of as good prizes?(Don't say Aries or Quetzalcoatl. Bang for buck, here!) I was planning on getting a case of the new boosters, but considering we've heard there will be no metal Wheels in them ... well, I don't see that being very useful to us. However, the Hybrid Wheel Match Set and the other March releases are definitely good suggestions.

If there's any suggestions anyone has for the event, please tell me! Also, RSVP in the event thread! If you have any questions, post away!

I think that's all I needed to talk about ... thanks!
orrrrrrrrr you can all just ignore THE BIGGEST BEYBLADE EVENT IN NORTH AMERICA IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS JERKS
Well im in for anything beyblade

the prizes should be like 2 metal fight beyblades for the first winer
and 1 metal fight beyblade for the second

also having team tournaments would be cool
(Feb. 17, 2009  7:54 AM)driger king Wrote: Well im in for anything beyblade

the prizes should be like 2 metal fight beyblades for the first winer
and 1 metal fight beyblade for the second

also having team tournaments would be cool

The prizes will be bigger than that. Team tournaments are silly, though.
Unfortunately you already know my situation, but I can still offer my opinion. I think the promotional idea of holding battles on the Friday before are a great idea. Members representing WBO can obviously bring light of the new blades to everyone's attention. This is making the assumption that you let some of these people try battling with the new MFB. No point in getting their interest up and not letting them have a go.

Prize wise you had it covered. Stick to Hybrid Wheel set and some new March releases. Storm Pegasus will probably be very popular for its rubber tip, and nobody would mind getting spares as a prize. Prize could be blades/booster allotment, Stadium, and a grip (first place). Honestly you seem to have all the bases covered and I think you should carry through with it. All that matters is what can fit in your budget, something which I cannot comment on.

Also are you going host free battles sometime prior to or after the event that are open to other people? Let people go nuts with this, it might draw some attention. Maybe some of the people you talk to the day before will have their interest piqued and would like to come and play (Unfortunately I don't have a clue what they would play with.) Other than that there is nothing left to say and I wish you guys best of luck with this tournament.
Arjun, I really hope you still find some way to make it. I want to meet you Grin

And yes, passerbys will be permitted to use MFB. For people who don't have any Beyblades, they will be able to receive them for free from WBO representatives.

I'm working on the prize lists now. Here's what I came up with, but I think it may have to be cut back because of budget reasons:

FIRST PLACE

Gold Face (WBO Face Collection)
Hybrid Wheel Match Set (Storm Pegasis 105RF, Dark Wolf DF145FS, Beystadium Wide Square Type, 2x Bey Launcher)
Rock Leone 145WB
Flame Sagittario C145S
Capricorne 100HF
Escorpio WD145B
Launcher Grip
Right Launcher Orange
Metal Face

SECOND PLACE

Silver Face (WBO Face Collection)
Hybrid Wheel Match Set (Storm Pegasis 105RF, Dark Wolf DF145FS, Beystadium Wide Square Type, 2x Bey Launcher)
Rock Leone 145WB
Flame Sagittario C145S
Right Launcher Orange
Metal Face

THIRD PLACE

Bronze Face (WBO Face Collection)
Right Launcher Orange
Metal Face

There will be free battles, of course.
Peg, everyone who attends BWR gets a War Face so it's no so much a prize.

Argh, everytime people talk about this I wanna go even more. Unhappy Maybe one day when I'm older and richer......though they'll prolly have stopped by then. Pinching_eyes_2

Also, as for prizes, if that turns out to be too pricy ir you're just looking for ideas, I don't think anyone woud turn down a Pisces, Libra or maybe a Virgo. It looks like they'll be strong for a while, aspecially if these Hybrid Wheels turn out kinda crappy.......
I'll send off an e-mail to AN as soon as possible. Smile

And I'll post some more thoughts later.
Brad, if you need funds, I can spare a few bucks. I'll be getting my tax return in a few weeks.
I will edit the relevant threads on my forum and post a news update on BeyUK this week.
Those prizes are crazy!! I don't even want to know how much that will set you back.
AN provides my budget. It's just working within the constraints of that that is the problem. The final prize list probably will not be quite so impressive.

I think Libra and Virgo will be wasted as prizes considering the winners will probably use Libra and Virgo.

(Feb. 17, 2009  7:06 PM)Arjun Wrote: Those prizes are crazy!! I don't even want to know how much that will set you back.
Hey, who provides the budget/prizes for Spinoff? I wanna know what they are.
ChozenBlader. The con isn't providing any funding. So, send the WBO your donations!

(Feb. 17, 2009  7:09 PM)Giga Wrote: Hey, who provides the budget/prizes for Spinoff? I wanna know what they are.
Oh god, I hope he's been remembering, he seems to be going through some rough times Unhappy
Brad's losing it. He's started quoting backwards. D:

Anyways, I did think that the winners would prolly use one of them but then I figured spares are never a bad thing. Plus, with all those tough bladers there are gonna be some intesne battles. Wink A few blades have got to get broken. Pinching_eyes_2

Good luck to Chozen. Pinching_eyes
I haven't broken any MFB yet, only had em a while though. Yeah why are you quoting backwards, Brad?
Because my post is more important than the quoted post!

I think I prefer this way ... haha

(Feb. 17, 2009  7:46 PM)Giga Wrote: I haven't broken any MFB yet, only had em a while though. Yeah why are you quoting backwards, Brad?
That s true the winning combos will definitely include some form of Libra of Virgo. People with just Pegasus or Leone can't win this.
I've got this great idea, you guys should all e-mail my dad telling him to take us this year(icemaninfort@msn.com =P). Not only is there this tournament but my dad loves hockey, and the hockey museum(or something like that) is in toronto. I need to go =(.

Anyway, those sound like some good ideas. Andthe prizes sound great. Good luck with everything, dude.
(Feb. 17, 2009  5:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
  • Have Bladers playing Beyblade at different, highly populated areas of the convention. We'll meet up beforehand and I'll give you all some WBO kits so there will be stuff for people to take and borrow to build up interest. I'll probably either make you wear shirts or have signs at these "Beybattle Stations" knowing that you're actually part of an organization, not just some creeps playing with tops in the middle of the floor.
  • There will be BWR fliers printed up, which will be distributed around the convention.
  • Probably on the Saturday a few hours before BWR we will host Beyblade University, a Beyblade workshop where we will go over the basics of Beyblade. I will prepare a slideshow presentation and AN has already promised me a projector and microphone and other things.

Have you decided what exactly will be included in these kits? So if someone saw us playing, was interested and came up to us, we could just give away a Beyblade that was in the kit..? And I would assume the BWR fliers be handed out at that point as well?

What is going to be covered at Beyblade University? Similar content as last year, just with MFB? Will those who attend "graduate" and get a diploma from BeyU? Tongue_out_wink

As for prizes, I think your list there looks great, but somehow getting some RBV2's in there would be nice.

(Feb. 17, 2009  7:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Because my post is more important than the quoted post!

I think I prefer this way ... haha

(Feb. 17, 2009  7:46 PM)Giga Wrote: I haven't broken any MFB yet, only had em a while though. Yeah why are you quoting backwards, Brad?

Serious

(Feb. 17, 2009  9:16 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: and the hockey museum(or something like that) is in toronto. I need to go =(.

Hockey Hall of Fame lol
I wanna graduate and get a diploma. D8

Also, Pichu are you serious? Because I will if you are. :3
Ya, I'm serious. It might just work and I'm desperate. Hall of Fame, Museum, close enough.
Lol, well I emailed him but I forgot to give it a subject so you might wanna warn him not to delete that random looking email. XD