Beyblade VS Battle Strikers Backstories

I was working on Chapter 6 of the main story, when I got an idea for Backstory 'fics, starting with Alister.

Author's Note: The first one will be in Al's prospective

Chapter A1: The Dare

My name is Alister, and this is my backstory. It all started when I was eight years old, and I was playing a game of Truth or Dare with a couple of acquaintances. The bottle stopped spinning and pointed at me, and one of the boys, who is a blonde asked me, "Truth or Dare?". I thought for a moment, and replied, "Dare." The other of the two boys, a brunette had a smug look on his face and said, "Well, we dare you to explore the old shack near the Watermourn house!". I thought to myself, "Do these jokers really think that shack is haunted?", when the brunette asks, "Well?". I cleared my throat and replied, "I accept your little dare. Besides, the shack ain't really haunted, you know!". The boys let out a shocked gasp as the blonde said, "Not really haunted!? Are you kidding me? The local ghost chasers did an EVP session in there!", to which I rebuked, "Didn't you dweebs get the memo? The EVP session was fraudulent, and they did it to make it appear that the rumors of it being haunted (plus anyone entering it never seen again) are true and to make themselves look good, something that REAL ghost hunters, like the Ghost Adventures team, would NEVER do!"

The blonde replied, "Just explore the shack anyways, wise guy!". After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at the site of the shack. It was all old and rickety, but would look like a good place to throw a 'spook-tacular' Halloween party. I turned towards the boys and said to them, "If I'm lucky, I'll find something of interest and come back out here in a few minutes", as I then turned towards the shack, and walked up to it. I grabbed the doorknob, turned it, and opened the door. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. Thankfully, it's a door that can be locked and unlocked from the inside, otherwise, those two weenies might have locked it from the outside as a mean prank to get me back for revealing that hoax.

Luckily, I also had a flashlight with me, and I turned it on, also shining it on a few things, like a old portrait for instance. "Nothing interesting so far", I thought when I noticed a faint glow in the corner of my eye. I turned around, and shined my flashlight towards the source, which happened to be under a pile of broken wood. I walked over towards to pile of broken wood, and I started moving away the pieces. After a few seconds of moving the broken wooden fragments, I finally find the source of that glow: A Beyblade...A bey with the Grand Fusion Wheel, Upper Wing 145 Spin Track, and a rare Firm Rubber Sharp Performance Tip--a Defense-type. I also noticed a cool and scary-looking blackish Energy Ring that is almost completely circular with what appears to be helmets on two sides, and holding the Bey together, was an onyx-colored Face Bolt. On it was a picture of a flaming headed mask with one side of the face being damaged and the other is fine, and on top of that, there is also the name "Hades" in bold, capitalized letters. "Hmm", I started to myself, "Grand Hades UW145FRS, must be my lucky day". I then walked out of the shack with a satisfied smile, much to the surprise and wonder of those boys. The blonde asks me, "Dude, what's that in your hand?". I turned around and showed them the Beyblade. "Whoa, man! Al's found a Beyblade!", yelled the brunette in awe. I went on my merry-way with my new Grand Hades UW145FRS.

Chapter A2: Enter Reiji

Ever since then, I've been getting challenged to Bey battles by some of the kids on my block, and winning every time, thanks to my Hades' awesome defensive and counterattacking capabilities. I also have this special move that brought me my first victories, Underworld Black Arts: Deflecting Barrier, which proved highly effective against Attack-types. Those two kids must have spread word of the Bey I found in that old shack that fateful day, but I can't really blame them, they dared me to go into that old, not-truly-haunted shack, and I found my Bey there. I remember when I've first met Reiji, when he moved into my block of the neighborhood. He also has a Beyblade of his own, and it's an Attack-type called Ra--Spiral Ra DF105MF to be exact. That Bey, like my Grand Hades, has uncommon parts, like the Down Force 105 Spin Track, the Metal Flat Performance Tip, and the Spiral Fusion Wheel, which possessed some of the most powerful Upper Attack capabilities of any non-4D System Fusion Wheel. Plus, that Bey has the motif and the spiralling, sun-like Energy Ring of the Ancient Egyptian sun god, Ra. I could recall him challenging me for the very first time, with that confident look on his face. I accepted. He and I went to the WBBA shop in town for our battle. That moment we launched our Beys into the Beystadium, all Hell broke loose! Well, not really, we basically had our Beys battle fiercely. I could tell me and Reiji were evenly matched, and neither of us were willing to give up. I've had my Hades set up a Deflecting Barrier, wary of what the Spiral Wheel is capable of, but Reiji had some tricks up his sleeve, too. His Spiral Ra DF105MF performed this special move called the Sun God Shield Breaker, which destroyed the Deflecting Barrier in one--I mean it--ONE hit, also sending Hades flying out of the Beystadium with one good Upper Attack! I couldn't believe my eyes--I lost. It was my first loss since I've gotten Hades. I was practically in a trance when I saw my Hades losing to that Attack-type...

"Hey!", I hear, "Earth to purple-head!". I snapped out of my daze, just in time to see and hear Reiji saying to me, "Good game, man! By the way the name's Reiji, you'll be hearing from me...Alister!". I was dumbstruck at that guy mentioning my name, but I calmed down and ask, "Did any one of the kids in the neighborhood told you about me?". Reiji grinned as he nodded a 'yes' as he left. I picked up Grand Hades UW145FRS as I thought, "Reiji...Consider our rivalry having just begun!"

EDIT (12/28/11): In the light of the release of Random Booster Vol. 9 Fusion Hades, I decided to change something in Chapter A1, to keep up with the release of the latest Super Rare Bey of the new Random Booster.
so, what do you think of the backstory fic so far
For pete's sake, someone tell me what you think!

Sorry, was I overreacting?
When do they gain Vulcanium Ra and whatever Alister's Bey was?
I prefer the "3,2,1 LET IT RIP" as my memorable quote but oh well. Anyway pretty sweet back story! XD
(Sep. 06, 2011  4:58 PM)Skill_Is_All! Wrote: I prefer the "3,2,1 LET IT RIP" as my memorable quote but oh well. Anyway pretty sweet back story! XD

Not the place... Anyway it's interesting because Alister found it in a haunted house,
looks like he actully got something out of it.
It's a shack, and no, it's not really haunted!

Man, I give you so much credit. Instead of fighting the advice you were given, you actually applied it and now your writing really isn't bad! I have to say you've improved a lot.
Thanks

Also, since the Screw Wheel is going to be called the Spiral Wheel when Spiral Capricorn 90MF hits the States sooner or later, I'm going to change the name of the pre-evolved form of Vulcanium Ra.
Its awesome. Wanna read my story? Dude also try to include him going back to the shack and finding a ghost.
I told you people, it wasn't REALLY haunted.
Chapter A3: Here comes Diana and Luna Freeze!

I could remember that chilling winter afternoon when I first encountered her, a mysterious young lady whose name is Diana, named after the ancient Greek moon goddess. Her hair is as black as ebony, going quite well with that snow-white skin tone, and those eyes...These deep, purple eyes--Not even wearing any colored contacts! Her tone is as serious as mine as she said to me, "I challenge you to a Beyblade battle. Think you could defeat my Beyblade, Luna Freeze V145AF?". I accepted her challenge with a nod, and as if by magic, a large Beystadium made entirely of permafrost surged forth from the ground, setting the stage for our battle. Diana started the countdown part of the Beyblade battle cry;

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"GO SHOOT!", we both shout as we launched our Beys into the permafrost Beystadium. The battle is proving to be tough to beat as my Hades was having hard time to endure Freeze's ice-cold assault. I mean, Luna Freeze has amazing stamina, attack power, defense, and balance. This could mean one thing; Luna Freeze is an Ultimate-Type! I smirked, having my Hades go on the defensive to block Freeze's attacks, when its V145 switched to Attack Mode, having my Bey set up a Deflecting Barrier to hold out against Luna Freeze. I was getting anxious because my Hades was losing stamina, and fast, because of the slippery nature of the permafrost stadium, when Luna Freeze landed one mighty blow that shattered the barrier, and also sending Hades flying. I was in disbelief, and thought "No! I can't lose to this Ultimate-Type! I won't! I want to be one of the very few people to have ever defeated an Ultimate-Type!", when I noticed my Hades glowing brightly as it then changed shape--Hades is evolving!! When the glowing stopped, Hades had become a completely new Bey--Hades Annihilate Final:Counterattack! My Hades' new form managed to get back into the battle, as I then turned the tables on Diana with a brand-new special move: "Underworld Black Arts: Crushing Counterattack!!!" With that new move, my new Hades Annihilate gave that ice-cold Ultimate-Type a good beating before sending it flying out of the Beystadium with a well-powered Upper Smash attack! After that, Diana picked up her Beyblade, and left into the shadows with it. I thought I'd see the last of Diana, but I only hope that I'm right...
Wow, very good! Kept me reading. Like the first chapter the best.
glad you liked this story!

Now, what backstory should I do next?
Hey guys, what backstory do you think I should do next?

Reiji,
Milly,
or Jackie?
Reiji
I'll see what I can do
whoa man that was an awesome story more please
Hrm... Maybe you should make this thread a Beyblade vs. BS spinoff thread for all backstories? Sounds like it's more efficient and it prevents pushing threads.
Sounds good. The problem, is that I don't know how to change the topic's title.
Edit the original post, then you can change the title.
OK, I gotcha. Thanks.