Beyblade - The Abridged Series

Beywiki is full of the biggest critics in the Beyblade fandom. You know it's true. Where else would I advertise? I actually almost regret posting here. xD

You know, Beyblade has never been blessed with a good, or even decent abridged series. Me and a friend of mine decided to make one that's actually some-what decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILk1pV7u90
Sure, it's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst! I know the voice quality is of lesser quality at some parts, but those are mostly my partner's lines. Mine aren't too bad.

Be brutal. Don't hold back, I want to get input to make this Beyblade parody the best it can be.

Edit: If you guess whose voices I play, you get brownie points.
I'm at work so I can't watch this, but I'll just say I've never seen an abridged series that was funny. Will check it out when I get home.
Feh, if you don't think the other series are funny, you're probably not gonna like this one. xD
I like the idea.

But for me, it's just a bit too.. Un-satirical?

EDIT: if gramps said the n word i'd laugh my carp off seriously

EDIT2: lots of black people irl say i can say that word (because i'm "not white" lmfao) but i don't want to say it here because i might get lynched lol
Eh, the intervals where there is no sound kind of kills it.

And the acting isn't that great. Possibly find other Beyblade fans on the internet/your RL friends with microphones?
haha good lord

i dunno stuff like this never seems like a good idea, plus beyblade does a pretty good job making fun of itself
Touché. Beyblade does make fun of itself a lot.

Anyway, I'll take in the suggestions and try to make things better for episode 2.
bugturtles Wrote:I like the idea.

But for me, it's just a bit too.. Un-satirical?

EDIT: if gramps said the n word i'd laugh my carp off seriously

EDIT2: lots of black people irl say i can say that word (because i'm "not white" lmfao) but i don't want to say it here because i might get lynched lol

I have to agree with Bugturtles. This wasn't really "abridged series" material. It had a couple moments, but other than that it needed a lot of things.
Me and my partner keep talking about jokes we're using in the future. Maybe we should focus on the now. xD
lol its didn't finish streaming but
I liked it. yea it could be funnier, but w.e. I wouldn't know what to say.
"wow billy really sucks at Top game"lol
Episode 2 is now up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKERR1JDhiQ
OMG! I love these! They made me cry I love the line "No need to laugh captain curk, I'm still in the shot" LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Keep up the good work guys, they're brilliant!
XD they made a naruto abridged series on youtube u guys should chech it out if u like naruto
Gah!!!!! I love ur abridged series, Siliva!
You just ripped off Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged series with this. That's just sad man... the Blue Screen of Death and a over 9000 joke? Come on..
Ozuma Wrote:You just ripped off Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged series with this. That's just sad man... the Blue Screen of Death and a over 9000 joke? Come on..
I hope that's sarcasm.
Over 9000? That's a classic meme. Anyone can use it. The only time LittleKuriboh used it was in an ending for an episode in the early-mid teens.
Same thing with the Blue Screen of Death. That wasn't a joke MADE by LitteKuriboh. It was made by frustraded PC users years ago. Free use my boy, FREE use.

And besides, it certainly has a LOT less "stolen" jokes than other starting out Abridged Series. If you even count the above jokes as being stolen.
so your defense is "i didn't steal that joke, i just reused it long after it stopped being funny"

good show
over 9000 isn't funny anymore was my point. And the blue screen of death my mortal enemy was LK's period no matter how you slice it. Use something original or at least something funny. Like I dunno a musical piece that fits a scene. It's a hell of a lot funnier and true mockery which is what the basic abridged movement is all about.
the fact that there is a "basic abridged movement" saddens and frustrates me
I know it's a little sick that one man started such a trend, but some of them aren't all THAT bad. A lot of them suck though.
Ozuma Wrote:over 9000 isn't funny anymore was my point. And the blue screen of death my mortal enemy was LK's period no matter how you slice it. Use something original or at least something funny. Like I dunno a musical piece that fits a scene. It's a hell of a lot funnier and true mockery which is what the basic abridged movement is all about.
Over 9000's still pretty funny to me. And a lotta people I know. That's why we used it. We never used "my immortal enemy" if I recall correctly. Like I said before, it's not something LittleKuriboh made, so it's free to use. If it were another joke, it'd be fine. Stop bitiching about it.

Now, I will admit, that episodes 1 and 2 were a bit bland. The whole "music fitting the scene" is something we hadn't used. As to my knowledge, most of the upcoming episodes do.

The only reason we're part of the abridged movement is mainly because Beyblade has no other decent parody. Ours atleast tries to be funny. We don't rush our episodes, and, from your point of view, we make up most of our own jokes.
Excuse the double post, but Episode 3 is now released! Go watch it, now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNMzBWdZtJI
That little bit with the Capitan planet reference was carp awesome.
The Captain Planet bit wasn't bad, but maybe no one informed you of this... Max couldn't be a Naruto cosplayer because Beyblade out dates Naruto by a full year. This is Original Naruto and ORIGINAL beyblade. (This is according to Wikipedia) So yeah not exactly funny when it's not really factual. They do seem to get better as you go along so keep trying.