Beyblade - The Abridged Series

By your logic, Tyson shouldn't even be celebrating about the return of Beyblade. xD

But I guess the fact that Beyblade's older than Naruto by a year kinda makes an issue. I never would've thought of that! Thanks!

The Captian Planet reference came from the fact that our Broadcasting class at school made a whole Public Service Announcement about Recycling, using the Captain Planet theme song, and having students dressing up as the Planeteers, and a science teacher even DYE HIS HAIR green for Captain Planet!
Train Wrote:The Captain Planet bit wasn't bad, but maybe no one informed you of this... Max couldn't be a Naruto cosplayer because Beyblade out dates Naruto by a full year. This is Original Naruto and ORIGINAL beyblade. (This is according to Wikipedia) So yeah not exactly funny when it's not really factual. They do seem to get better as you go along so keep trying.

I think you're being far too critical of something that isn't meant to be taken seriously.

Also, the actual anime has far more continuity and factual errors combined than any abridged series could muster.
I compare these to the 2 big abridged series's Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto. This doesn't come CLOSE to those 2. The reason I'm critical is because I've been watching both almost as long as they have been out. They make me laugh, this really doesn't.
I've been watching the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged series, which is amazing, but I have yet to come across the naruto one.

This isn't as funny as those two, but it also isn't horrible.
I'd really prefer that you don't compare are little series to something as big as Yu-Gi-oh and Naruto Abridged. They've been online for years, have a huge fanbase, and, let's face it. Their episodes are better.

Beyblade Abridged really isn't a big as other series. Especially when you compare our episode 3 to their 21 and 28. The better choice is obvious.

Now, let me ask you this? Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged wasn't that good on episode 1, now was it? Exactly.
we're giving you our opinions

you could either use this to motivate you or get to you to quit

i think it's as simple as that tbh
Siliva Wrote:I'd really prefer that you don't compare are little series to something as big as Yu-Gi-oh and Naruto Abridged. They've been online for years, have a huge fanbase, and, let's face it. Their episodes are better.

Beyblade Abridged really isn't a big as other series. Especially when you compare our episode 3 to their 21 and 28. The better choice is obvious.

Now, let me ask you this? Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged wasn't that good on episode 1, now was it? Exactly.

No I pissed myself at episode 1. It coined Kaiba's Catchphrase. Screw the Rules I have money. It also had Tea as a Kleptomaniac.
Yu-Gi-Oh abridged EP. 1 was one of the best.
carp, I guess I didn't word that right. YGOTAS isn't that good compared to later episodes is what I meant to say. Same deal with pretty much any other abridged series. They progressively get better. I understand that we're not at Yu-Gi-Oh or Naruto Abridged's level. Nor will we ever be. Because whenever we improve, they improve, too. So comparing us to them is just obvious, and overdone.

bugturtles Wrote:we're giving you our opinions

you could either use this to motivate you or get to you to quit

i think it's as simple as that tbh

I do use these opinions to improve. There's no way in hell we're quitting now. There are some opinions that I don't agree with, and I just give my opinion on their opinion.
I think your abridged series is great. It really makes me laugh! I think there are clever bits in there and also there are parts which I thought about myself (ya know about defining gravity, laws of physics) so I laugh at those parts. Also anything to do with Kai makes me laugh (girl fan service Joyful_3)

Can't wait till next one
I'm still in agreement with bugturtles. I wasn't exactly impressed with episodes two or three. The jokes and references have been used before for the most part. Think up something that is original but isn't a total inside joke (LittleKuriboh has problems with inside jokes as well, such as the Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly references. Only someone who actually read his Livejournal would get that stuff. I haven't but I've read some Author's Notes for a few of the episodes to understand it).

For example, make vague movie references, those always work. While the show is anime, making too many references to stuff like yaoi and fangirls could make you sound like nothing more than every other weaboo that tries (and fails) to make an abridged series of an anime.

Also, as it seems you have already gotten a lot of flack for, the voices. People either complain just for the sake or trolling or because they are honestly trying to help. I'm doing the latter here. Several voices sound dangerously close to one another (I had trouble discerning Takao from Andrew in the second episode). Also, some of the voices don't fit an actual parody of the character, like Grandpa Kinomiya. My first thought would have been something along the lines of a white old man who believed he was a black guy trapped in a white man's body, so he would use over-the-top black slang with thick "gangsta" speak. Also, I would have tried to play an "ambiguously camp" role with Max, as he is commonly considered the most fruity of the bunch.

Also, when you break the fourth wall, which should be done often as it is usually funny for characters to remind one another they are the "main character" or the "comic relief" character, don't include yourself that often. What stuck out like a sore thumb in episode two was the mention of your large amount of Beyblades. Some might have found it funny, but I personally wasn't impressed.

Anyway, you do have some potential with your comic writing. The botox line line was rather funny, as well as the Captain Kirk line. But in all honesty, I still think you have a long way to go to make this something that will be watched and found humorous by people outside the Beyblade community and your circle of friends.
jesus christ

ok i just watched both in their entirety: jesus carp christ
Artie Wrote:jesus christ

Is that a good Jesus Christ or a bad Jesus Christ?
Sorry, it took me a while to reply. I thought this thread was dead. ^o^;

Katashi, I really liked what you had to say. Admittedly, we did used a lot of overused jokes. We're stepping away from that, a little at a time, for now. We actually planned to use "OBJECTION!" sometime soon, but scrapped the idea, since pretty much everyone was using that joke/has used it.

As for the whole (yaoi) fangirls thing, that's kinda my own personal response to the carp I've seen on fanfiction.net. Search for Beyblade, and you'll know what I mean. I kinda think we've been using the whole fangirl joke thing, but we're pretty much gonna have one big blowout of fangirl jokes at the end of the qualifiers. Then they probably won't be seen for a while.

We did have a bit of obsucre movie references in plan, but haven't used any yet. My partner's more of a movie fan than I am, so he'd be the one to come up with all that.

Oh god, the voices. It's pretty obvious, but we're both ameteurs here. This would be our first time doing anything like this, so, naturally, a few voices will sound alike. But you know, we could probably churn out better voice variation if we tried hard enough.

As for Max's voice, I like your idea. The whole voice for him was totally random. I had pretty much panicked the whole time before recording on what I was gonna use. And there you have it, Max's voice. Joyful_2

We've been straying away from 4th wall breaking, unless we think we totally need it. We don't do it again until episode 5, and then, probably won't for a while.

Thanks for your input, and I'll be happy to hear it again come episode 4.

Artie Wrote:jesus christ

It's that bad, isn't it? Pinching_eyes_2
looking past the fact that abridged series are retarded....this is just flat out stupid. not funny, hackneyed jokes....

bailout.gif
Elaborate, plz.

Sure, it's fine that you think that our series is stupid. I really don't care or not. Because it's for fun. Not to be the best or whatever. For fun.

I don't mind at all that you don't like it. Just tell me why you think what you think, so I can try and improve from criticism.

Otherwise, just stop watching and move on.
Siliva Wrote:Elaborate, plz.

Sure, it's fine that you think that our series is stupid. I really don't care or not. Because it's for fun. Not to be the best or whatever. For fun.

I don't mind at all that you don't like it. Just tell me why you think what you think, so I can try and improve from criticism.

Otherwise, just stop watching and move on.

He probably doesn't think his criticism can help improve it because the base is not good enough to work with (just saying, I haven't even watched it). He's not required to be constructive; if he thinks it's stupid, he can say it.
pretty much

it's fine you're doing this all for fun or whatever, but its not funny in the slightest
maybe not for you, but for the producer the peoples who made it it's really funny and maybe one off the visitors like it and laught. (I don't watch it it's only maybe)
of course someone's going to find it funny (51% of america elected bush twice so...)

i'm giving my opinion
i loled.
and im a democrat
Artie Wrote:of course someone's going to find it funny (51% of america elected bush twice so...)

i'm giving my opinion

LOL, just because 51% of the country voted for an idiot, it doesn't mean they're actually idiots themselves.

I actually think that the vid is quite funny at times.
When the hell did this become about Bush?

Bey Brad Wrote:He probably doesn't think his criticism can help improve it because the base is not good enough to work with (just saying, I haven't even watched it). He's not required to be constructive; if he thinks it's stupid, he can say it.

If he thinks it's stupid, fine. I'm okay with that. Sure, he doesn't have to be constructive, but I really would think any thing that isn't flat out "you suck" would be benefitial (I know I spelled that one wrong) to us.

Artie Wrote:pretty much

it's fine you're doing this all for fun or whatever, but its not funny in the slightest

Fine. Whatever. You think it sucks. Don't watch and move on.

red_eyes Wrote:maybe not for you, but for the producer the peoples who made it it's really funny and maybe one off the visitors like it and laught. (I don't watch it it's only maybe)

I actually don't care for some of the jokes we use. I've regretted stuff. I do think our series is "amusing" at most, but not really that much of a heavy-hitter. Will you choke on your own spit from laughing so much? Unless you're a big fan of the anime, I'm gonna say no.

ChozenBlader Wrote:I actually think that the vid is quite funny at times.

See the trend here? We're funny. Sometimes. That is exactly what I wanted to hear.