Beyblade Testing Strategies

(Aug. 03, 2009  9:50 PM)pegasis Wrote: Confused did you try doing what he said?

You're absolutely unbelievable ... yes, if you shoot directly at it it is an easy KO. However, this is not an accurate simulation, so don't do that.
hmm well all i do close my eyes when shoot let sound move my launch reverse my spin stadium absorb frictional stamina then charge around stadium and KO it or them few feet away just stop it tracks from above hmm guess we all learn trust blades friends instead just toys mind the most powerful think united heart any thing possible plus easier pure heart or one feels nothing but senses all
(Aug. 03, 2009  10:00 PM)phnx3.14vrhmm Wrote: hmm well all i do close my eyes when shoot let sound move my launch reverse my spin stadium absorb frictional stamina then charge around stadium and KO it or them few feet away just stop it tracks from above hmm guess we all learn trust blades friends instead just toys mind the most powerful think united heart any thing possible plus easier pure heart or one feels nothing but senses all

this is also my fav testing method
(Aug. 03, 2009  10:00 PM)phnx3.14vrhmm Wrote: hmm well all i do close my eyes when shoot let sound move my launch reverse my spin stadium absorb frictional stamina then charge around stadium and KO it or them few feet away just stop it tracks from above hmm guess we all learn trust blades friends instead just toys mind the most powerful think united heart any thing possible plus easier pure heart or one feels nothing but senses all

Why didn't I think of this? Argh!

seeing as this is undisputedly the best testing method, i believe that whomever writes that testing article should include that it is necessary for the tester to wear a blindfold. If the blader has a strong heart, neither blade will miss the stadium and they will know which blade has won and will be able to feel which one was more effective...
(Aug. 04, 2009  12:05 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: seeing as this is undisputedly the best testing method, i believe that whomever writes that testing article should include that it is necessary for the tester to wear a blindfold. If the blader has a strong heart, neither blade will miss the stadium and they will know which blade has won and will be able to feel which one was more effective...

I demand video evidence.

Regardless, on topic as bit more. I'd like to inquire on a what people feel is a good number or rounds to test. I go by 20 because it's a decent number and is a pretty good tell of consistency, percentages are easy to grasp, and so far I haven't had any problems with it aside from overusing an RF. That being said people use 11, 15, and 21 sometimes, how do people feel about odd numbers? Personally I don't like them and only find them necessary in the event of a tie, for testing purposes at least.
Obviously more is better as with probabilities; you can work out the finer differences this way. Within reason, of course. I think twenty is the balance between the two, and is a good round number for as you said, percentages which are very helpful indeed.

However I can't really understand doing an additional test as a "tie-breaker". This probably works on a basic level, but if we're wanting to stay within the realms of "advanced testing" similar to discussing launch technique testing, I don't think it's suitable. Essentially, one "final", decisive battle is simply too subject to alterior factors to be accurate.

Indeed, I am aware that success in Beyblade may often come as a result of luck.

Man. Just...man. That blew my mind.

Edit: Totally didn't add to the discussion...

I think, in the end, the more rounds the better, and definately alternating shots. But if thats too much work, just roll with what my main man phnx said.
Thread kinda died to retarded posts, but I'm gonna bump it regardless since it's more relevant atm.
there is currently a combo set with a double launcher rock orso and storm aquairo. meaning you can launch both blades u are testing at the same time

don't know if someone already said this i apologize for repeating this. just had to voice ths
(Dec. 23, 2010  2:15 AM)emriald dragoon Wrote: there is currently a combo set with a double launcher rock orso and storm aquairo. meaning you can launch both blades u are testing at the same time

don't know if someone already said this i apologize for repeating this. just had to voice ths

LOL nice necro. And that double launcher needs to be tested more in order for it to become a standard
It's pretty much the exact same one from the plastic series just with MFB launcher tongs on it. This means it will only probably be useful for same type testing of which there is only stamina testing. You can't launch a defence blade while using sliding shoot for an attack blade so it's not really worth buying. Also I think the double launchers also shot one of the blades weaker than the other which is bad for testing.