Beyblade Starter Guide - 9 year old

My son is just now discovering Beyblade as I am as well. He is 9 years old and is loving the series, so we went to Target and got a few Beyblade Bursts with the blue cheapish stadium. As his interest starts to grow more into this side of the hobby. I was curious if there was a good starter guide or any advice as far as which beys to get etc for someone just getting started? Places to buy, things along those lines. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

He is really wanting a Pegasus but from my research that would seem to be older and not readily available anymore.
(Mar. 19, 2019  3:27 PM)syriangrey Wrote: My son is just now discovering Beyblade as I am as well. He is 9 years old and is loving the series, so we went to Target and got a few Beyblade Bursts with the blue cheapish stadium. As his interest starts to grow more into this side of the hobby. I was curious if there was a good starter guide or any advice as far as which beys to get etc for someone just getting started? Places to buy, things along those lines. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

He is really wanting a Pegasus but from my research that would seem to be older and not readily available anymore.
Since your a hasbro blader...I would recommend you get the following:
1.Spryzen Requiem
2.Deep Caynox
3.Ark Balkesh
4.Surge Xcalius
5.Drain Fafnir???
Or maybe you want to switch to Takara Tomy, the asian counter part that's significantly better...Im not that informed about TT so sry ;c
Takara tomy is more expensive than Hasbro
(Mar. 19, 2019  5:07 PM)7sukuyomi Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2019  3:27 PM)syriangrey Wrote: My son is just now discovering Beyblade as I am as well. He is 9 years old and is loving the series, so we went to Target and got a few Beyblade Bursts with the blue cheapish stadium. As his interest starts to grow more into this side of the hobby. I was curious if there was a good starter guide or any advice as far as which beys to get etc for someone just getting started? Places to buy, things along those lines. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Since your a hasbro blader...I would recommend you get the following:
1.Spryzen Requiem
2.Deep Caynox
3.Ark Balkesh
4.Surge Xcalius
5.Drain Fafnir???
Or maybe you want to switch to Takara Tomy, the asian counter part that's significantly better...Im not that informed about TT so sry ;c
Eh, wouldnt say significantly better. You can still win with hasbro beys if you know what you're doing. Id also suggest things like Hercules H4 and Kerbeus K4 along with luinor L3 and maybe the battle tower (if it is cheap enough)
Thanks for the responses and the suggestions. Still willing to take some more suggestions as well, also are the stock launchers that come with Beyblade Burst good enough? Or should we look into different launcers?

Ideally we will probably start with the Hasbro line as it seems a little more easier to get stateside. But if my son likes it and sticks with it, I would then like to look into the TakaraTomy later on.

Takara-Tomy is releasing a Burst Pegasus next month in a random Booster! Smile
(Mar. 19, 2019  6:06 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2019  5:07 PM)7sukuyomi Wrote: Since your a hasbro blader...I would recommend you get the following:
1.Spryzen Requiem
2.Deep Caynox
3.Ark Balkesh
4.Surge Xcalius
5.Drain Fafnir???
Eh, wouldnt say significantly better. You can still win with hasbro beys if you know what you're doing. Id also suggest things like Hercules H4 and Kerbeus K4 along with luinor L3 and maybe the battle tower (if it is cheap enough)

I Agree, Hasbro Can Be Used Very Effectively If You Know What You’re Doing, I Would Suggest Following @[bladekid]s Advice Because He’s Definitely The Best Hasbro Blader I Know!

Other hasbro things you should get: Orichalcum O3, Garuda G3, Phoenix P4, and Leopard L4, and Anubion A2. If you want I can tell you some good hasbro combos and what they are good for.

Here’s a guide to Beyblade Burst I made a while back. I compacted most of the competitive knowledge into it, so stay focused and get through! Smile

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)
Note: Buying all of them is pretty expensive
(Mar. 20, 2019  12:15 AM)bladekid Wrote:

Other hasbro things you should get: Orichalcum O3, Garuda G3, Phoenix P4, and Leopard L4, and Anubion A2. If you want I can tell you some good hasbro combos and what they are good for.

That would be awesome if you could tell me some good hasbro combos. Would greatly appreciate it!

(Mar. 20, 2019  3:34 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:

Here’s a guide to Beyblade Burst I made a while back. I compacted most of the competitive knowledge into it, so stay focused and get through! :)

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)
Note: Buying all of them is pretty expensive

Wow! Thanks for all the information! Greatly appreciated and helps break down exactly what the layers of the disc are and what the names mean. Very detailed. Makes me sounds less like a noob now ha ha. Thank you.