Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jan. 05, 2020  2:56 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Well said... numbuh 1... I don’t necessarily “rely” on the digital sword launchers, specifically cuz the control factor on those launchers are close to nuffin, but even if we’re talking about the LR string launchers, long ripcord launchers, even the regular sword launchers, I usually hafta buy 3-4 at a time cuz I blow through the geerz so fast (and no, I’m not a launcher clicker....) and I think that sucks..

Numbuh 2... in my case of using LubeSauce, it doesn’t necessarily (Enhance) the launcher’s performance,
It more so (restores) it’s original performance.
Well... then again, that’s what I seen in my case,
You may have seen and felt something different and I respect that.

I’m not afraid of farting out tons of money for beyblades, beylaunchers, or bey accessories, I just don’t want to if I don’t have to!
And not everyone has been blessed with ankle-deep pockets full of fiat currency to spend on launchers, (As most of them are children) and i don’t think that’s fair for anyone, as It’s already bad enough that beyblades themselves will cost ya yer face...

It's just a fact of life that using anything regularly will wear it down. Personally sounds like you're wearing them down way too much though. It's possible you're yanking on them too hard even, which can cause extra wear as well. I still think that if you really need to stock up though, everwish wholesale is really good for that.

As I said though, any sort of lube will speed things and allow your launcher to go faster than it's supposed to with too much ease. It's not feasible to say "Lube is fine once the launcher has X much wear", as judging how much wear is enough to prevent you from adding extra power is just way too problematic to deal with and would require opening up launchers at tournaments to check them which is just too much time wasted. Truth of the latter is lube will never be allowable since it can add performance, even if you specifically use it as a way to restore performance to a damaged launcher or use it to reduce wear. It's just too easy a rule to abuse if it were added.

As to the final point, there's not much they can do about it either without directly hurting their own pockets as well. They're a business. They're hoping to sell enough stuff to make a tidy profit, not to buy you out of house and home. If it feels like they're getting too expensive, then you need to focus on what releases are more important and try to cut back some. I'll be the first to admit that Beyblades are a want, not a need, so don't get more than you can afford.
(Jan. 04, 2020  11:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: So, someone brought up the "buffs" with the white Wizard and the blue Cosmo in Discord, and I sorta went a little bit nuts once I found the little interior tab there present on those releases that were absent from their predecessors. So naturally, I took this a step further and found out exactly which GT bases have this interior tab.

Bases that always have this tab:
Upgraded Bases that didn't originally have this tab but now do:
Bases that have yet to see release with this tab:
Thing is, if you pay attention you can see when these layers without these tabs gained them: sometime after Random Booster 15 (Cosmo Valkyrie)/Grand Valkyrie Zenith Hold', but before Random Booster 16 (Flare Dragon)/Random Layer 2 (Poison Hydra). Nothing that has changed was released between these two points in time, and the first changes were seen in Random Layer 2 with Rock Valkyrie and Bushin Hydra, and has more recently spread to Cosmo, Wizard, and Grand. I don't know if the orange Grand from Grand Valkyrie Ωuter Variable' is of the new mold, though I believe it probably does given its release date.

EDIT: Added Naked to the "no tab" list, as I just got it. Every other release in this random booster follows along with every other layer base of their type.

MagikHorse
How to join the discord channel?
Well said dear fellow Earth Pone.... well said...
(Jan. 05, 2020  6:02 PM)Biggster Wrote: MagikHorse
How to join the discord channel?

The owner of this Discord already sent you a message with a link to it.
So I was thinking about something while looking at the winning combos. I made my own little challenge that we can do.

It’s called the Winning Combos Challenge (WCC). The rules are simple.

1. All combos must be seen in the winning combos thread.
  2. No adjustments may be made to the combos. The slightest weight change will DQ you.
  3. The combos used must be posted.
  4. You don’t have to go a full tournament with the challenge. You may just do a few rounds.
What do you think?
I don't know why fake bey listings use normal words randomly. It's like the companies are speaking gibberish. I could even rap the words of the listing very easily.
Very interesting site I came across on twitter:
http://beybladers.secret.jp/index.php

It let's you chose any Beyblade burst part and it will calculate the stats (from WBBA/backside of the packaging) for your custom.

It's all in Japanese but if you can navigate it, give it a try!
(Jan. 07, 2020  11:59 PM)NAP Wrote: Very interesting site I came across on twitter:

It let's you chose any Beyblade burst part and it will calculate the stats (from WBBA/backside of the packaging) for your custom.

Tbh, the "stats" that TT print at the back of the boxes or in their WBBA site are simply quantitative measures but do not necessarily reflect the exact same behavior of the actual part in-game. It really boils down to testing and experimenting based on how each part really works.
(Jan. 08, 2020  1:39 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  11:59 PM)NAP Wrote: Very interesting site I came across on twitter:

Tbh, the "stats" that TT print at the back of the boxes or in their WBBA site are simply quantitative measures but do not necessarily reflect the exact same behavior of the actual part in-game. It really boils down to testing and experimenting based on how each part really works.

Then maybe we should start our own stat sheet, just like theirs, but the stats will be based on actual facts
(Jan. 08, 2020  2:01 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2020  1:39 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Tbh, the "stats" that TT print at the back of the boxes or in their WBBA site are simply quantitative measures but do not necessarily reflect the exact same behavior of the actual part in-game. It really boils down to testing and experimenting based on how each part really works.

Then maybe we should start our own stat sheet, just like theirs, but the stats will be based on actual facts

Stats can never accurately reflect how any given part acts in any given combo. The way each part acts depends on the other parts in the combo. Beyblade has never been the type of thing that boils down to being simply quantitative of any part's worth or not.
Calm down fellas, it's just a tool to share your favorite bey customs to SNS.
This weekend there's some G3 and G2 events happening in Osaka and as luck would have it, I am going to be there this weekend!

I'll be doing my best to participate in at least one of them. I'm not sure if any WBO member has participated in anything above a G4 in Japan before?

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=3566

I played in some tournaments last weekend and will be doing some testing tomorrow, but anyone who knows more about high grade WBBA events have any tips on what I should expect at these tournaments? The event page doesn't really reveal anything about the exact format, which is a bit unbelievable to me.
(Jan. 08, 2020  5:23 AM)Kei Wrote: This weekend there's some G3 and G2 events happening in Osaka and as luck would have it, I am going to be there this weekend!

I'll be doing my best to participate in at least one of them. I'm not sure if any WBO member has participated in anything above a G4 in Japan before?

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=3566

I played in some tournaments last weekend and will be doing some testing tomorrow, but anyone who knows more about high grade WBBA events have any tips on what I should expect at these tournaments? The event page doesn't really reveal anything about the exact format, which is a bit unbelievable to me.

I've been in a G4 before in Japan a bit ago (2015), make sure to save your energy for next week with the WHF in Nagoya! They have a challenge with Master Diabolos https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/champ_g1

Try this in English: https://beybladeplanner.com/
It even has the real Weight of the Beyblade.
Cheers Tongue_out
(Jan. 08, 2020  2:21 PM)Mikuri Wrote:

Try this in English: https://beybladeplanner.com/
It even has the real Weight of the Beyblade.
Cheers Tongue_out

Thank you for the share!
This is not a random thought, but it is my 200th post so Smile
How many gimmicks are there in the entire burst system series? ( having metal counts as gimmick)
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:47 AM)rightspin99 Wrote: How many gimmicks are there in the entire burst system series?  ( having metal counts as gimmick)

I think 18
(Jan. 09, 2020  1:43 AM)lilphilyb Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:47 AM)rightspin99 Wrote: How many gimmicks are there in the entire burst system series?  ( having metal counts as gimmick)

I think 18

18? .. there has to be waaay more than that

I mean... what counts as a “gimmick “?
(Jan. 08, 2020  6:31 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I've been in a G4 before in Japan a bit ago (2015), make sure to save your energy for next week with the WHF in Nagoya! They have a challenge with Master Diabolos https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/champ_g1

Turns out I actually can’t go to Nagoya since that’s the weekend I’m returning to Tokyo from Osaka ... so I’ll just be going to the WHF in Tokyo!
There's definitely more than 18 gimmicks in all of Burst. As of now, there is 26 unique Layer gimmicks in all of Burst that isn't counting metal, as metal-focused contact points is a proven feature that works(look at HMS or Metal Fight). Now the amount is based on my opinion as there are gimmicks that are similar to each other but have different executions.
(Jan. 09, 2020  5:44 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: There's definitely more than 18 gimmicks in all of Burst. As of now, there is 26 unique Layer gimmicks in all of Burst that isn't counting metal, as metal-focused contact points is a proven feature that works(look at HMS or Metal Fight). Now the amount is based on my opinion as there are gimmicks that are similar to each other but have different executions.

Thing is, a lot of the time "metal on the layer" is considered a gimmick by TT's advertising, so one could argue that. Really, it's not the only question to ask.

Does metal on the layer count?
If so, what about Cho-Z or GT where it's part of the gimmick for the entire line?
If so, is every Cho-Z/GT layer a gimmick, or do you just add a gimmick for the line existing?
Does an intentional multi-part synergy count as a gimmick (e.g. Naked + Paradox)?
Does a gimmick count if it doesn't work properly (e.g. Guardian Kerbeus' "bound defense" gimmick, or Arc Bahamut's shield gimmick)
For parts with multiple features, does it just bundle up into one gimmick or multiple gimmicks (e.g. Spriggan Requiem's plethora of gimmicks)

Really, you have to pretty firmly define what is and isn't a gimmick before you can even remotely begin to sort out a number, and odds are high that someone will disagree with you regardless of your choices.
(Jan. 09, 2020  7:00 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  5:44 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: There's definitely more than 18 gimmicks in all of Burst. As of now, there is 26 unique Layer gimmicks in all of Burst that isn't counting metal, as metal-focused contact points is a proven feature that works(look at HMS or Metal Fight). Now the amount is based on my opinion as there are gimmicks that are similar to each other but have different executions.

Thing is, a lot of the time "metal on the layer" is considered a gimmick by TT's advertising, so one could argue that.  Really, it's not the only question to ask.

Does metal on the layer count?
If so, what about Cho-Z or GT where it's part of the gimmick for the entire line?
If so, is every Cho-Z/GT layer a gimmick, or do you just add a gimmick for the line existing?
Does an intentional multi-part synergy count as a gimmick (e.g. Naked + Paradox)?
Does a gimmick count if it doesn't work properly (e.g. Guardian Kerbeus' "bound defense" gimmick, or Arc Bahamut's shield gimmick)
For parts with multiple features, does it just bundle up into one gimmick or multiple gimmicks (e.g. Spriggan Requiem's plethora of gimmicks)

Really, you have to pretty firmly define what is and isn't a gimmick before you can even remotely begin to sort out a number, and odds are high that someone will disagree with you regardless of your choices.

I think beys that featured metal before it was normal, such as L2 and X3, dH since it just has so much metal, as well as Zwei and Knockout since GT bases don't usually have metal unless there's no weight compatibility.
Knockout has layer weights capabilities, and it has metal on it... is that a gimmick to be counted by itself, or combined with existing gimmicks?
Is it easy to win a tournament