Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 21, 2014  9:59 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: I just met Zankye... He drove to my house to deliver my prize before Christmas Grin I was fan-boying so hard and I am still star struck.. best day ever

If you had been around earlier this year, you could have met him at the GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: Ontario Qualifier and GBT2!

(Dec. 21, 2014  10:22 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Isn't the Metal Fight Beyblade logo on the box in this picture the one the WBO made?

http://instagram.com/p/w4crsBvR9I/

Yes ... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...pid1249002

We've known about it for a long time. @[Kai-V], do you remember what New Boy said when we tried contacting them about the infringement?
I think they simply never replied, unfortunately. Or someone told us that each logo is presented by one of their graphics team member, basically telling us that NEW BOY as a whole was not responsible for it because someone presented it as theirs, they probably copyrighted it formally in Saudi Arabia, etc. It was most likely way too late by the time we discovered it ...

EDIT : Oh no, I found their reply, apparently it was worse : d-rights approved of that logo.
Quote:Dear Sir or Madam,

Please note that NewBoy FZCO have a licensing agreement with d-rights and
all designs got the approvals.
For more details please contact the licensor.

Best regards,

Intellectual Property Department
NewBoy FZCO
That's incredible. I guess that means it was really well made haha. I do wonder if we should have contacted d-rights, though.
Is it weird to have a pet beyblade in a hamster cage and raise it like that in your bedroom?
(Jan. 04, 2015  12:32 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: Is it weird to have a pet beyblade in a hamster cage and raise it like that in your bedroom?

No, unless you're Hato-Bokkun.
(Jan. 04, 2015  12:42 AM)Whos Desire Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  12:32 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: Is it weird to have a pet beyblade in a hamster cage and raise it like that in your bedroom?

No, unless you're Hato-Bokkun.

Serious You don't get to pet him.
But am I the only one who wants/has done this?
EDIT: and naming it? I named him Todd...
I think your the first person ever, but back in the 80s there was this thing called Pet Rock. But the Pet Beyblade is better because it isn't an inaminate object.
Edit: Actually it was a 1970s thing... And I'm off topic.
(Jan. 04, 2015  2:55 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I think your the first person ever, but back in the 80s there was this thing called Pet Rock. But the Pet Beyblade is better because it isn't an inaminate object.
Nah, you're not off topic Wink

So, I guess it's ok? Grin I am getting the cage tomorrow and stuff, so expect pictures tomorrow Wink I guess since I'm first I'm special..? Well, his name is Todd anyways Tongue_out PM for more info Smile
EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I am a little off topic...
(Jan. 04, 2015  2:55 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I think your the first person ever, but back in the 80s there was this thing called Pet Rock. But the Pet Beyblade is better because it isn't an inaminate object.
Spoilers, Beyblades are inanimate objects.
(Jan. 04, 2015  3:04 AM)AkioEPC Wrote:
Spoilers, Beyblades are inanimate objects.
You just ruined a little boy's dreams..: mine Crying he is my pet Crying (and I am just joking about hurt feelings, Wink ) I guess we should legalize beyblade pets now XD
Hasbro used to make beyblades with wheels that could actually spark but then those ones got banned. Is that random enough for you?Tongue_out
No, I'm fairly certain the only two Beyblades that ever sparked (Sparkling Attacker and Thunder Dragon MS) where stripped of their sparking capabilities by Hasbro.
He may be talking about Spark FX...?
Except those didn't spark nor did they get banned...
Well yeah I know they didn't spark but they have a commercial where they did amd maybe that's what confused him...

Nor did Spark Attacker or Thunder Dragon so maybe he just got confused with something...
They did spark, but no, they weren't banned. The sparking feature was just removed by Hasbro, as I mentioned in my previous post.

And if Beywiki was online you could even read the Thunder Dragon article that talks about all the differences plentily.
(Jan. 04, 2015  6:38 AM)Dual Wrote: No, I'm fairly certain the only two Beyblades that ever sparked (Sparkling Attacker and Thunder Dragon MS) where stripped of their sparking capabilities by Hasbro.

because they(the special sparking wheels and feature) were banned and Hasbro wasn't allowed to make more and also there were other beys that used to be able to spark too.

(Jan. 04, 2015  7:53 AM)Dual Wrote: They did spark, but no, they weren't banned. The sparking feature was just removed by Hasbro, as I mentioned in my previous post.

the feature is what got banned, I wasn't saying the beys got banned but the special sparking wheels and the feature. you misunderstood me.
The word ban signifies that they were distributed, but were later recalled and were not allowed to be sold. Safety regulations simply prevented Hasbro from making it in the first place. They were never banned, just modified for safety.
(Jan. 04, 2015  5:40 PM)Dual Wrote: The word ban signifies that they were distributed, but were later recalled and were not allowed to be sold. Safety regulations simply prevented Hasbro from making it in the first place. They were never banned, just modified for safety.
The sparking features were banned in some places.
No. They're were just modified. Hasbro chose to change it, it's not banned.

No reason to try to argue with Dual.
(Jan. 04, 2015  6:01 PM)Leone19 Wrote: No reason to try to argue with Dual.
Yeah, always right. (at least most of the time.)
(Jan. 04, 2015  6:24 PM)Whos Desire Wrote:
If only, haha.

Well, now that there's finally snow by me, I might try to make an ice stadium, which I tried last year, but the snow melted the night after I made it.
(Jan. 04, 2015  7:16 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  6:24 PM)Whos Desire Wrote:
If only, haha.

Well, now that there's finally snow by me, I might try to make an ice stadium, which I tried last year, but the snow melted the night after I made it.
I did that in Grade 4, and since its Canada, it was so cold that the Beyblades really attacked Grin good luck Smile
TIL Beyblades attack better in Canada because it's cold.

Time to ready my passport.