Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 06, 2011  11:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: Man, I've realised my collection, while I do have most plastic parts, is rather lacking in weight disk variety. Only 6 Heavy and Balance, and no Revolver Attack/Wide Attack/Heavy Attack or even a 6 Wide (and only one each of 6 heavy and balance).
Carp that was quick XD. I think i took a pic of all of my spare WD lol.

(Nov. 06, 2011  11:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: They're in a box, guys. They stay in that box when I sleep. Long gone are the days of sleeping with lego lodged everywhere, though my mother has a picture of me holding some blocking monstrosity like a teddy bear, fast asleep. I'm sure at my 21st next year she'll drag it out and I'll scan it or something.

Anyway, the stick is there in case of break ins. I sleep at the front of my house, and I don't have good blinds or security screening, but I do have a gigantic window. And I'm paranoid. And it's something I can get away with legally as it's just a costume accessory, not a weapon (I lopped it off a tree and turned it into a "wizards staff" for a costume, with some sanding and shoddy "rune-carving".)

Hazel: Well, I only found out about the left-spin requirement for flight from Mc Frown after I lost it, so not really :C

Speaking of which, I stuck on wide survivor and trygles SG (no base) (for shock absorption), and left casings. OMG IT FLIESSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!! Surprisingly well actually, it's quite impressive.

Until it hits the ground, then the (negative I guess?) downforce makes it hilariously unstable no matter what base you use.

Um, a Leprechaun scarecrow kinda thing at your main door will do you good. Tongue_out

About Trygle, I always considered it similar to the famous Bamboo-copter (I think that's what it was called?) which every Doraemon fan would love to own.... Tongue_out
Whale Attack + Storm Grip is a pretty cool OHKO combo.

A lot of plastic parts tend to explode like that, TBH. It's a shame, but then, death in battle leads to the hallowed halls of plastics valhalla.

Janstarblast: Trypio was like the copter, you mean. Trygle is the jumping/skis one.
I like Whale defencer + wyborgs base better lol, msotly because it had pretty decent speed Cool
Whale Attacker on Storm Grip only ever really OHKO'd itself, generally. Often in an explosive fashion, sending the bit chip hurtling into outer space. It was responsible for shattering one of my(five) Driger F ARs, however.
WTF 5 driger F ARs ?! Okay its a good SG but you don't need that many.
Page 900 is mine !
(Nov. 06, 2011  11:58 AM)Poseidon Wrote: WTF 5 driger F ARs ?! Okay its a good SG but you don't need that many.
Page 900 is mine !

I really liked the AR. However, the AR really liked exploding. Four of my five driger ARs are now in two(or more) pieces. The one that isn't has a serious stress mark on the underside of it.

Shatters like a porcelain jaw in a boxing glove testing facility.
Driger F AR's are so easily broken... One of the few opposing beys I broke was something using Driger F's AR.

As for wyborg, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
(Nov. 06, 2011  12:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: Driger F AR's are so easily broken, ahah.

As for wyborg, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't be dissing Wyborg.

I actually won matches with an uncustomized one. A lot of them.

Against terrible, terrible people. But still.
Driger Fs ar look like something out of the V series; awkwardly thin. Lol, yeah i know lol; but when you have about 5 of the bey you want to do some use.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List

Hey did anyone know of this(I am certain you all do know of this)?! I am so happy to find this guide! It seems quite helpful! Grin

Whale Attacker is THAT good?! I always considered it to be inferior to Spike Dragon...
It's almost as bad as it is ugly. It's probably the only bey in my collection I keep uncustomised.

That tip shape it has and shares with griffolyon? Worst. Thing. Ever.

jan: I have that page in my link bar at the top of my browser window at all times.
As for whale attacker, eh, it's still a OHKO part, which is by definition a smash attack part with too much recoil to be good for proper smash attack.
(Nov. 06, 2011  12:03 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List

Hey did anyone know of this(I am certain you all do know of this)?! I am so happy to find this guide! It seems quite helpful! Grin

Whale Attacker is THAT good?! I always considered it to be inferior to Spike Dragon...

Yeah, this list is where I learned the proper names for my Plastics combos.

Whale Attacker has about a 90% chance of destroying itself in a grand fashion, and a 10% chance of literally breaking the other Beyblade's AR. Not worth using seriously, but really fun to goof around with.

Whale Crusher in Left Spin has a similar attribute.

Wyborg is not ugly, gingerbread. She's a beautiful princess, and his name is Steve.
It's more of a Boris than a Steve, it's all clunky and Soviet, I guess. Even the mechanism feels clunky and on the verge of self destruction. Though, that's generally good design on Takara's part, I guess. Still, that tip is too similar to the horrid thing that griffolyon calls a base. Though it does go into a flat thing it's still ew.
(Nov. 06, 2011  12:06 PM)Hazel Wrote: Whale Attacker has about a 90% chance of destroying itself in a grand fashion, and a 10% chance of literally breaking the other Beyblade's AR. Not worth using seriously, but really fun to goof around with.

Whale Crusher in Left Spin has a similar attribute.

Wyborg is not ugly, gingerbread. She's a beautiful princess, and his name is Steve.

Well, so Whale Attacker isn't that good after all! Grin
I agree! Wyborg is quite beautiful, that grape-colored bey is certainly not THAT ugly...
But yeah, considering the other, more beautiful plastics, Wyborg is meh....
(Nov. 06, 2011  12:11 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Got the courage to launch uriel 2 and its freakin' crazy !

Hehe! It actually devastated my stadium before...
My stadium walls still have those cracks created by Uriel!
Lol, its in my display cabinate now where it shall rest in peace (until i go to a tourney).
I would still very heavily discourage using that BB, Poseidon. It will hurt you on an emotional level when that thing inevitably explodes into fragments.

I like Wyborg's mechanical look - actually, that's pretty much most of its appeal to me. That, and the really angular AR. I prefer the blue one to the purple one, but I still like it quite a lot. Plus, the flat mode of the BB is pretty quick to zip around.
Lol, lucky i have two though ! Even if it breakes at the tourney i can sell whatever is still intacts, I can't lose !.
I really doubt anyone will pay you much for anything but the BB/SP, though, and the two often break as a set.
Uriel 2 is perfectly safe to use, as long as you surround the stadium with padding and don't launch anything else at the same time. Normally.

Well, my attitude is, no point having that power unless you use it, and Uriel 2's are a significant portion of bey-valhalla. But yes, when my new one arrives, it will stay unused until a tournament.

Then I will either take out R0ckbull's bey or his eyesight with my exploding ball of bey-fury! AHAHAHAA!!!!!!

And yes, the base shatters. Though, the SG and Clips might break first, the true death is when the base explodes. usually, the cracks are around the support-part areas. It'd probably survive if for some reason you didn't use an aggressive SP, but due to it's height, unless you want to use it's defense mode, which is like seaborg's base but not as good, you're going to use an aggro SG, and it's going to explode in a ball of berserker fury.
Hazel- Yeah, even I like the look of the AR and the mechanical look, as you call it. Smile

[Image: Wyborg.png]
In the pic, the small nubs on the BB give this bey such a good, textured look!
(Nov. 06, 2011  12:21 PM)Poseidon Wrote: What actually breaks, does the BB just snap ?

The BB shatters, most of the time - often, fragmenting into heart-breakingly large pieces. Several users on here have lost one(or more, in one case) Uriel 2 BBs to overzealous(read: any) use of it. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gold_Plastic_Syndrome