Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Feb. 04, 2017  1:53 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Hey everyone. I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here.

I used to play beyblade seriously back in 2004-2005. I attended the world championships in New York. It was a great time.

Then when it died in America, I stopped.

Just recently I was going through Walmarts clearance section, and what do I see?

Beyblade! Every single booster (Valkyrie, Spryzen, Kerbeus, Wyvron, Deathscissor, and Roktavor all on clearance for 2$ each!

I figured they were years old and that they were unsold. But I did my research and it turns out they just launched in 2016!

I picked up all 6 and now I do not have a stadium or launchers. They were all sold out of the supergrip launcher.

I want to meet some fellow New York bladers and get competitive again.I recall back in the plastic generation, zombies and survivor types were overly dominant and attack types were awful due mostly to hasbros stadiums having pockets and not exit holes.

What I have:

6 boosters (according to research, Defense tip, survive tip, heavy disc, Valkryie Attack ring, wyvron attack ring, and Deathscissor attack ring are viable competitively.

I ordered Roktavor R2 and a xcalius pack for the two tips since they are best in their respective class.

I am seeking a launcher. I want to get a takara launcher. The Hasbro super grip ones look very tiny and cheap. Please recommend me one to import.

I may also be seeking a Takara stadium similar to the Green Tornado of the plastic generation or HMS Black tornado. Once again, hasbro brought back pockets.

I'm excited to play in tournaments and meet others.

Question about tournaments: How do they work? The icons under people's avatars; what do they represent? What is a blader passport?

Hi @[Bey Brad] I'd recommend this launcher: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-Beyb...SwnHZYjhpg 

I think these will help: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM
(Feb. 04, 2017  2:18 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Hi @[Bey Brad] I'd recommend this launcher: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-Beyb...SwnHZYjhpg 

I think these will help: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM

Wow man you even linked me the cheapest one! Thanks! 

Can I buy the red version of that loose, or do I have to buy the Xcalibur pack? Xcalibur looks awesome and for 20$~ it looks like a good value but is it a better beyblade than original xcalius? Or is Xcalibur just a pretty beyblade to look at?
(Feb. 04, 2017  2:25 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Wow man you even linked me the cheapest one! Thanks! 

Can I buy the red version of that loose, or do I have to buy the Xcalibur pack? Xcalibur looks awesome and for 20$~ it looks like a good value but is it a better beyblade than original xcalius? Or is Xcalibur just a pretty beyblade to look at?

you can buy that Excalibur loose if you want to but it also comes with a bey launcher which some bladers prefer to use
the supergrip launcher actually has more power than takara launchers suprizingly
@[BeyBradTOJ]
WBO tournaments are organized by users here on the forums; the WBO provides a ranking system, prize reimbursement for tournament hosts, and various rewards; for example, the icons under people's avatars are called Bits, and are earned by either placing in tournaments, participating in activities on the forums, or reaching certain milestones in your collection, forum activity, and battle record. Buying a passport will gain you free entry to all tournaments for a year, which means it's an excellent deal if you intend to participate in more than a few events per year.

Tournaments may be one of many formats; the WBO offers ranked events for the three MFB/Zero-G-era formats, Standard, Limited, and Zero-G, as well as ranked Burst events, with either Hasbro-only or mixed Hasbro/Takara Tomy formats. Tournaments for Plastics and HMS also exist, but currently they are unranked.
(Feb. 04, 2017  1:53 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Hey everyone. I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here.

I used to play beyblade seriously back in 2004-2005. I attended the world championships in New York. It was a great time.

Then when it died in America, I stopped.

Just recently I was going through Walmarts clearance section, and what do I see?

Beyblade! Every single booster (Valkyrie, Spryzen, Kerbeus, Wyvron, Deathscissor, and Roktavor all on clearance for 2$ each!

I figured they were years old and that they were unsold. But I did my research and it turns out they just launched in 2016!

I picked up all 6 and now I do not have a stadium or launchers. They were all sold out of the supergrip launcher.

I want to meet some fellow New York bladers and get competitive again.I recall back in the plastic generation, zombies and survivor types were overly dominant and attack types were awful due mostly to hasbros stadiums having pockets and not exit holes.

What I have:

6 boosters (according to research, Defense tip, survive tip, heavy disc, Valkryie Attack ring, wyvron attack ring, and Deathscissor attack ring are viable competitively.

I ordered Roktavor R2 and a xcalius pack for the two tips since they are best in their respective class.

I am seeking a launcher. I want to get a takara launcher. The Hasbro super grip ones look very tiny and cheap. Please recommend me one to import.

I may also be seeking a Takara stadium similar to the Green Tornado of the plastic generation or HMS Black tornado. Once again, hasbro brought back pockets.

I'm excited to play in tournaments and meet others.

Question about tournaments: How do they work? The icons under people's avatars; what do they represent? What is a blader passport?

Welcome back!

The best launcher would probably be the Long Winder + Light Launcher. (Best for money)
The cheapest stadium would probably be the Burst Standard Type. Tournaments are usually in a Swiss format, Check out the discuss WBO forums for an idea on how they work. The icons are Bits, basically, you get them for doing things around the site, or when you get a Bit Booster as part of a giveaway or contest. Glad to have you back!
(Feb. 04, 2017  4:09 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Welcome back!

The best launcher would probably be the Long Winder + Light Launcher. (Best for money)
The cheapest stadium would probably be the Burst Standard Type. Tournaments are usually in a Swiss format, Check out the discuss WBO forums for an idea on how they work. The icons are Bits, basically, you get them for doing things around the site, or when you get a Bit Booster as part of a giveaway or contest. Glad to have you back!

Thanks for the reply man! 

I used to lurk around here. Were you by any chance blue suzaku?

How does this launcher http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Burst-P...2069064427

Stack versus the one you suggested? I do like the string launcher. But is it more prone to breakage?

And wow is that stadium expensive!
(Feb. 04, 2017  4:24 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Thanks for the reply man! 

Stack versus the one you suggested?
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-String-...d-Launcher
TLDR: sword>long winder>string
I do like the string launcher. But is it more prone to breakage? string launcher has had breakages issues in the past but im pretty sure they have been fixed

yeah but its well worth it if you are trying to get into burst seriously
(Feb. 04, 2017  4:24 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Thanks for the reply man! 

Stack versus the one you suggested? I do like the string launcher. But is it more prone to breakage?

I'm actually new, only just joined this year (Whoops, forgot it was 2017 Last year.) And basically mj9 said most of what I would say.
Is it me or does beast behemoth have a good driver? I might buy it as my first burst beyblade.
(Feb. 04, 2017  10:38 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: Is it me or does beast behemoth have a good driver? I might buy it as my first burst beyblade.

From what I see, Hold is difficult to control, but good for certain scenarios.
(Feb. 04, 2017  10:39 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: From what I see, Hold is difficult to control, but good for certain scenarios.

I seen it's got some good attacking aspects so maybe him or xeno xcaliber. Both of them look awesome to me.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems to be an awesome community.
(Feb. 04, 2017  10:40 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: I seen it's got some good attacking aspects so maybe him or xeno xcaliber. Both of them look awesome to me.

Xeno Xcalibur is actually not so good for attack. Impact is a bad driver, as it barely hits the middle. Original Xcalibur is better in every way.

(Feb. 04, 2017  11:49 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems to be an awesome community.

No problem, hope you like it here. Smile
(Feb. 04, 2017  11:49 AM)BeyBradTOJ Wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems to be an awesome community.
though little testing has been done, I can tell you for certain that the supergrip launcher is better than any takara tony launcher
(Feb. 05, 2017  1:30 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: though little testing has been done, I can tell you for certain that the supergrip launcher is better than any takara tony launcher

Woah really?
Could you post some spin times comparing some launchers?
(Feb. 05, 2017  3:34 AM)Mage Wrote: Woah really?
Could you post some spin times comparing some launchers?

yeah totally. i have the string launcher long winder and the supergrip
You probably aren't launching correctly, hahaha.

It is physically impossible for Hasbro's launcher to be as good or better than Takara Tomy's.
(Feb. 05, 2017  5:18 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: You probably aren't launching correctly, hahaha.

It is physically impossible for Hasbro's launcher to be as good or better than Takara Tomy's.

really am i??? can u get a RHS to spin for 1:20 consistantly with a TT launcher? (tests will be up tomorrow)
(Feb. 05, 2017  5:18 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: You probably aren't launching correctly, hahaha.

I have the Hasbro supergrip, TT beylauncher, and TT long winder.  I have to agree with Jimmyjazz39, the supergrip is definitely better than the beylauncher and just as good or better than the long winder.
(Feb. 05, 2017  5:23 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: really am i??? can u get a RHS to spin for 1:20 consistantly with a TT launcher? (tests will be up tomorrow)

1:20 is nothing. Sure, Ragnaruk might be a horrible Layer and could reduce spin time considerably, but here are the spin times I was able to get with Deathscyther Ring Gyro: 
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-String-...pid1323677
my RHS seems severely unbalanced so I'll just put up my tests tomorrow. I'll see what I get with the TT launchers. also does it matter that I'm using a bb-10 to test the spin times cuz I don't have a burst stadium
That stadium should be optimal too.
http://imgur.com/a/uDgWi

What if there was a defense driver that used height to prevent bursting?
Is it me, or do you guys also have trouble finding bursted parts that somehow fly literally across the room? Because I'm still looking for an S2 layer...

...that flew like 10 or so feet diagonally across my living room before colliding with a wall and disappearing into who knows where. I wouldn't be surprised if it would've gone farther had that wall not been there, hah.