Beyblade Random Thoughts

I was at a Toy's 'R' Us Tournament when I bought it, and I went up against :

Death 230RS
Diablo Nemesis X: D
Duo Kerbecs TH170D

And I KO 'd all of them and won the matches, but when I came home and toyed around with it, I noticed it couldn't even beat Basalt BD145CS. I think one of those battles messed up my Flash.
What Flash combo are you using?

And yeah, MS probably will never find a use, but I was thinking its height and tendancy to fall over would actually be a boon for the idea we were goofing around with. Like I said, though, MS is MS, and it will be hard for it to ever find a use other than being a jerk and purposefully using it to damage the stadium or something.

That reminds me, one of the things I was trying for awhile was using short tips (WD, etc.) on normal mode BD145 so that it would scrape on purpose. My theory was that the scraping might have somehow increased its defense when knocked back, but that didn't bear any fruit. Basically I was trying to see if what is generally considered a part's weakness could become its strength, much like how I tried MS specifically because it would go off balance.

I test weird things, lol
Ah, seemingly it did. But wear and tear doesn't take place THAT fast! Its quite unusual...

But yeah, it might very well also be the cause...

TRU tourneys have Hasbro stadiums right? Check your bottom first. Excessive battles in a Hasbro stadium actually tend to wear down a tip faster than in a BB-10. Then again, one tournament isn't enough to actually do that even in a Hasbro stadium... Confused

EDIT- Beaten by Ingulit, but wait, I have something to say in reply to him too! Grin

Ingulit- Well, testing BD145 in normal mode on short tips is what I have done since the day I got a BD145.
This is because, I virtually have NO tall tips.
Actually I do. But I have just one. And which is this tall tip? The legendary.... The exceptional.... The best attack tip in the world.... *trumpets*

LF... *silence*

But well, BD145's scraping would NEVER find use, haha! Those three spikes actually destroy its Stamina, and might also destroy the stadium...
If, and only if, a (scraping) BD145 combo lasted for a lot more than 15 seconds, it might have found the use you were looking for... Tongue_out
Guys
S is defense in Zero-G
MS works pretty damn well in BBG-03/04 LOL
Ah yes, MS might be quite great in the Zero G Stadia...
But it still has less grip! Confused
And probably, it can still drill holes in the stadium, sooo...
Please tell me whether you are serious, or you are joking, Rai! As I am quite confused! Supaburn

Actually, I can't understand anything about Zero G at the moment (and I am not even trying... i dunno y) but yeah!
It sounds like LF is becoming a running joke, lol; lord knows if you used it on BD145 you wouldn't be able to audibly tell the difference between LF going around the stadium and BD145 scraping x)

About BD145, yeah, people certainly aren't kidding about needing tall tracks. Still, it was fun to try, and I figured I'd post that it doesn't work here so nobody accidentally breaks their stadium if they had the same idea.

My MS is actually quite dull, it seems; it still stays perfectly centered and is still completely useless thus far, but it's not going to be drilling any holes.
It does has less grip yeah, but it's still an S tip. MS can't drill holes in stadiums from what I've ever seen or heard of LOL
I can't use mine for testing legally, as it's cracked, but it still does about the same as all the other S tips from getting SKO'd.

There is ONE thing I do not like about the Zero-G stadiums.. The actual bottom of the stadium sits on the floor, and if you launch directly into the center, it's just like launching it onto the floor, and for flimsier tips (even S's, as they can wear and dent easily) it isn't good. Then again, what else could they have done? lol
@Inguilt I was using Flash Escolpio D125RF

Janstarblast The TRU tournaments here use Attack Stadiums, like all Asian TRU tournaments.
And like I said before, I bought it there, never used it before, and my RF was mint. Probably got a defect or something but I see no problems with it.
Okay, It may seem that galaxy pegasus has no stamina to some people, right? That is false because, if it had no stamina it wouldnt be able to spin at all, and this goes for twisted tempo to right , it has to have some attack because if it didnt have attack, there would not be any defence or stamina... PLZ reply to this because my friends and I think like this...
(Jun. 09, 2012  8:23 PM)EarthVirgo1026 Wrote: Okay, It may seem that galaxy pegasus has no stamina to some people, right? That is false because, if it had no stamina it wouldnt be able to spin at all, and this goes for twisted tempo to right , it has to have some attack because if it didnt have attack, there would not be any defence or stamina... PLZ reply to this because my friends and I think like this...

Basalt/Twisted has some small attack power, having no attack wouldn't imply not having defense or stamina though, attack is a purely aggressive attribute, not entirely necessary to succeed, as it is possible to win without knocking the opponent out, whilst defense is required to stay in the stadium and stamina to spin at all. Attack is very much the "odd attribute out", being the only aggressive one (while the other two are passive, focussing on outlasting opponents).

Anyway, when people say something has "no stamina", "no defense" or "no attack", they are using hyperbole/exaggerating. It just means that whatever they're talking about has very little of that particular attribute.
Speaking of this kinda thing....
My bro was battling Twisted Tempo(slightly worn WD) and Meteo L-Drago Assault(both in a Hasbro stadium), and Meteo Tornado-Stalled(of course) and by the time it even made contact with Twisted, Tempo was already wobbling. Meteo spin stole a little and ended up outspinning Twisted. I was shocked. This pretty much confirmed my belief that the longer a flat tip stays aggro, the longer it will spin, but this isn't supposed to happen, is it?
Well, if Meteo tornado stalled, that means that Twisted had to basically solo-spin for an extended amount of time, and Twisted is really imbalanced and doesn't spin terribly long by itself. The way it outspins other beys is by grinding against them and causing them to lose their spin rather than through its own pure stamina, so if it's not making contact with Meteo it's not getting a chance deplete its spin. Twisted also doesn't do that well vs. spin stealing afaik (I might be wrong, someone back me up on this).

Tornado stalling is a pretty good tool to use against something with poor solo spin; in fact, it's the whole basis behind my pet combo Phantom Hades 90MF.
Imagine Gaia Dragoon MS. Now, imagine instead of having a Flat RC, it has a Gear Circle Left Flat RC (just imagine it, okay!). You launch it into your imaginary exit-less Zero-G stadium and, instantly, you realize just how bad of an idea it was.

I'm not off to make a mold for this, or anything... *unsuspiciously whistles*
Just got my 1st 4D bey,flash saggitario 230WD today.Made me realize the gap between the current beys and the HWS/Pre HWS ones.
(Jun. 10, 2012  4:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'm not off to make a mold for this, or anything... *unsuspiciously whistles*

While you're at it, would you mind making a legend quetz?
(Jun. 10, 2012  4:03 PM)kaiserEXE Wrote: Just got my 1st 4D bey,flash saggitario 230WD today.Made me realize the gap between the current beys and the HWS/Pre HWS ones.

Yes, it happens!
Even I am eagerly waiting for my 1st 4D bey, which will probably arrive by the end of June.

The 4D System seemed so alien when it first arrived, with such awesome gimmick-y parts, that it didn't even seem to be the successor of the dull Metal System and Hybrid Wheel System series.

The two-part Metal Wheel was probably what impressed me the most, and actually made me realize that the HWS designs were seemingly primitive.
And now, even when I get 4D, the Zero G parts would seem alien. The designs get even better with the Zero G parts, but for some reason, I kinda hate Zero G... Tongue_out
Honestly, I don't like the idea of 4D. Multi part metal wheels add very little while replacing tips and tracks with useless bottoms reduces customisation. Add to that the game breaking weight creep and they just don't seem right.
Yup, when considering the scope of customization, there's none in 4D. TT probably intended to allow certain customizations by interchanging the Core and Metal Frame and stuff, but probably didn't get it right. They finally succeeded to do that to Zero G though.

I only like 4D beys for their aesthetics, and the Mode Changes do seem to be "cool" to me. Tongue_out
I always like beys which have "more" parts than usual.

In plastics, I loved beys with Sub-Attack Rings.
In HMS, I liked CWDs.
In MFB, I like multi-part metal wheels, multi-part tracks, etc etc...
4D Beys are annoyying -.- most of them atleast. I like blitz unicorno... IDK why. :L
I loved SubARs and CWDs but that was more for the free moving aspect. If SubMWs were interchangeable like them, I'd be a lot more interested though.

EDIT: Luck: you are so Yuu.
(Jun. 10, 2012  5:52 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I loved SubARs and CWDs but that was more for the free moving aspect. If SubMWs were interchangeable like them, I'd be a lot more interested though.

EDIT: Luck: you are so Yuu.

Yes, that was one drawback of 4D, which was worked upon very well while making the Zero G beys.
I like Zero G beys for the wide range of customizations they offer. But again, the combos aren't too many; as Zero G is nothing without Synchrom for the moment.
Still, there are/will be more number of combos in Zero G than in 4D due to obvious reasons.
The reason why I do not like Zero G is because I ain't really interested in those Zero G stadia. Confused
I had just started loving BB-10, you know!
But well, its just for the time being... I just need to see a Zero G stadium once, and probably I'll develop a liking towards it! Grin
I love 4D beys, but I can't stand the weight creep since it made anything that isn't 4D that doesn't spin left irrelevant... and don't even get me started on Flash D:

The Zero-G stadium seems way too luck-based for my tastes, though I can always be proven wrong. It is different and innovative, sure, but I personally like the illusion of consistency that BB-10s provide.
(Jun. 10, 2012  6:15 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I love 4D beys, but I can't stand the weight creep since it made anything that isn't 4D that doesn't spin left irrelevant... and don't even get me started on Flash D:

The Zero-G stadium seems way too luck-based for my tastes, though I can always be proven wrong. It is different and innovative, sure, but I personally like the illusion of consistency that BB-10s provide.

Perfect! I could never have been able to say it that well! That EXACTLY matches my thoughts!

As for the weight, yes that's true. It almost whitewashed the non-4D parts, as if they had no value...
And that is just why they have turned out to be "must-have" parts... Tired

(Jun. 10, 2012  5:58 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Yes, that was one drawback of 4D, which was worked upon very well while making the Zero G beys.
I like Zero G beys for the wide range of customizations they offer. But again, the combos aren't too many; as Zero G is nothing without Synchrom for the moment.
Still, there are/will be more number of combos in Zero G than in 4D due to obvious reasons.
The reason why I do not like Zero G is because I ain't really interested in those Zero G stadia. Confused
I had just started loving BB-10, you know!
But well, its just for the time being... I just need to see a Zero G stadium once, and probably I'll develop a liking towards it! Grin
Yeah, I'm wondering how Crystal Wheels will see competitive use... If they get any at all, that is.

(Jun. 10, 2012  5:17 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2012  4:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'm not off to make a mold for this, or anything... *unsuspiciously whistles*

While you're at it, would you mind making a legend quetz?

I can't quite fuse multiple parts together and get less. It would be much harder than I'm willing to attempt...