Beyblade Random Thoughts

So you're telling my my GB145 is the rubbish version? Nice! That means there's an even better one out there!
I never really figured out exactly why my gray one was worse, so it could be any number of things.
Am i the only one who sees Akuma/Oni From Street fighter when looking at the susanoo Face? Seriously compare the two and its dead on
I can't get my EWD or MB or a bunch of other tracks to stick on a magnet I have.
(May. 31, 2012  6:43 PM)Hazel Wrote: The yellow one's balls are absolutely not responsive to the magnet. The gray one's, however, responds HEAVILY.

what the hell hasbro how does that even happen

lol what the hell

oh you hasbro, so silly
(May. 31, 2012  7:39 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I can't get my EWD or MB or a bunch of other tracks to stick on a magnet I have.

Your MB is most likely from before whenever the metal switchover was and EWD is unlikely to stick anyway since it's so well plastic coated, though my neodymiums will support mine nicely.

EDIT: Just stuck a neodymium inside ES to see how magnets would effect it and it became so smooth and silent. It was wonderous.

I will have to take my neodymiums shopping with me in future...
The alloy used for Metal Wheels and Metal Faces Custom Ver. is supposed to be all the same.
(May. 31, 2012  9:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The alloy used for Metal Wheels and Metal Faces Custom Ver. is supposed to be all the same.

The stuff on the top of it definitely is, but the metal enclosed inside the plastic underneath the face itself is magnetic, and thereby absolutely cannot be the same alloy.
It would absolutely surprise me that they would not write this change of material on the box though, because they list everything else. It is nowhere in the material list of my BB-98.
I tried in on three separate MF Custom Ver. Kits, and two regular Metal Face kits. all magnetic cores, all non-magnetic, zinc alloy tops. All Takara Tomy, of course.

You can feel free to buy a fridge magnet at Cost Co(in a bundle of six thousand for a dollar or whatever they sell) and confirm this yourself, if you genuinely cannot believe me.
It is possible, if a little unlikely, that they are, infact, all composed of the same metals in different quantities. As said, from the feel of running neodymiums past a metal wheel, it has become apparent to me that they are very very very very slightly magnetic.

This is not something you can easily confirm for yourself though since it takes 5 powerful magnets to even feel the slightest shift.
As opposed to the extremely tiny core in the metal face, from which I can hang it upside down with both strong and weak magnets.

An alloy with different amounts of each individual metal is not the same alloy.
Is the 'core plate' and the core inside the plastic casing not the same piece anyway ?
True, but it could potentially still be listed as the same thing on the box, no?

(May. 31, 2012  9:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Is the 'core plate' and the core inside the plastic casing not the same piece anyway ?

The metal(?) on the top of a regular MF is not magnetic. The metal in the center most certainly is. Therefore, unless your question reffers specifically to the Customise Ver, I can say no, they aren't one piece.

EDIT: my MF is Hasbro, TT ones may differ, though Hazel says they don't.
But does it look to you, when you look through the transparent or translucid plastic, that they are not one same piece ?
Nope, there's a definite break between the outer hexagon and the inner one to which the core is connected, the surface is likely connected to the outer one. Kinda makes me wonder how itstays together...
(May. 31, 2012  9:31 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Nope, there's a definite break between the outer hexagon and the inner one to which the core is connected, the surface is likely connected to the outer one. Kinda makes me wonder how itstays together...

and that is probably(definitely) why they break in almost exactly the same spot, constantly.
Out of interest what was everyone's first ever Beyblade on here?

Mine was Gekiryu-oh, (the original clear version) My mum bought it for me from The Entertainer (A toy store) in 2000, that was 12 years ago and I would have been 4, how time flies.

Here:
[Image: Gekiryuoh.jpg]

I remember with those Beyblades you had to use a screw given to you in the box to keep the 'gear' in place (although back then it was just a plastic cylindrical shape to keep the Attack ring in place) I also remember mine having a problem where the attack ring became jammed in a position so the gaps for the launcher were blocked by the weight disk.
There's a thread for discussing your first Beyblade, and the design of the early screw-in gears were laughably terrible. It /had/ to be completely separate from the base, even if it didn't have some special feature. Not like they did anything other than add a screw to its weight. :I
(May. 31, 2012  10:50 PM)Apply Without Wrote: There's a thread for discussing your first Beyblade, and the design of the early screw-in gears were laughably terrible. It /had/ to be completely separate from the base, even if it didn't have some special feature. Not like they did anything other than add a screw to its weight. :I

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know.
I'd laugh my head off if there was a pie-related beyblade.
Do they ever mention anything in the anime about Ginka having a mother.....Chocked_2
(May. 31, 2012  11:40 PM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: Do they ever mention anything in the anime about Ginka having a mother.....Chocked_2

This is not the Anime & Manga forum. There is a thread for asking those questions in that forum.
Back to the Magnetic parts stuff- I have an EWD, and of course, it is magnetic!
It attracts quite strongly when a magnet is brought over the side which attaches to the track, and just slightly magnetic when its brought near a magnet with its tip to the magnet.

Well, just to see if it affects its performance or not, I put it in the MagneStadium (with Magnets around the center).
And as Dracomageat suggested earlier, the effect was negligible. Smile

Also speaking of the WD which comes with a Hasbro Gravity Destroyer- Mine doesn't seem to have those six reinforcements inside it, as yours seems to have Draco.
Instead, my Basalt Horogium's WD has had six protrusions within the tip, which I believe, are the reinforcements you are talking about. Smile
I would love to have Blader DJ's EartH Eagle 145WD WBBA Ver.