Beyblade Random Thoughts

(May. 31, 2012  8:26 AM)N0body Wrote: My newest RF got one year old on 26th. I used it regularly on my Variares and yes, it is quite fast too. I did get some nice KOs when I used it in the tournament. My second RF(oldest Tongue_out) is 1.5 year old and that is quite fast too. But, I haven't launched a new RF for almost 6 months now so.. Not really sure if both of them could have been faster. Also, there seems to be something wrong with my EWD. During the finals of the Mumbai event, it self-KOd twice on Gravity. It's just 2 weeks old and I dont use it frequently either but it gets so aggressive in battle that Gravity starts tornado stalling and just self-KOs. Good thing that I weak launched and used it in right spin later to spin-steal the win.

Oh that happens quite a many times. In the same event, I almost lost to that uncustomized Thermal Pisces (while I used a Basalt AD145EWD against it) because of the same aggressive movement. Thank God I won though, as losing to an uncustomized Thermal Pisces would be extremely demoralizing.
The aggression kicks in mid-battle, and reminds me of F: D at times. Actually, EWD tilts A LOT!
It has extremely bad balance as all Eternal tips have had(sans EDS. That is one tip which I am yet to experiment with. Actually, I haven't even had ES, but I have seen it being used in practice sessions in our previous tournaments, IIRC). Due to this, it is knocked off balance pretty soon. Thanks to it being 'Wide Defense', it stabilizes almost as soon as it is destabilized.
But in this short span of time during which the flatter part of WD was in contact with the stadium floor, it turns EXTREMELY aggressive(if WD was completely flat, it would probably have had the biggest effective diameter throughout the history of beyblade, and then we would have called it an X3F tip). And of course, WD's shape would NEVER allow it to hold the Tornado Ridge. So out flies your bey...
EWD gets kind of off balance and the bearing (I guess that's what it is) goes crazy due to imbalance. It's another reason why people usually prefer WD > EWD because it can go crazy suicidal.
(May. 31, 2012  3:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know who told you those things were inconsequential, but they are not, so you should not hold an immense grudge over this community or whatever this seems to be, and you can still trust us over most things...

Nah, I don't take it to heart. For the most part you people know what you're talking about and have your reasons and, while I may not always agree with them, that's not really what this is about. This is sceptisism plain and simple and isn't really the result of anything the community has done. I mearly understand that noone is infalliable and thus do not trust others' claims over my own personal experience.

The only grudges I hold are against your moderation and hopefully we can overlook that since no issues of that nature have arisen lately.

(May. 31, 2012  3:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, my CH120 also does not maintain its height, but it holds the Face properly.

I think not holding the bolt tends to lead to the inability to maintain height but the latter is just as likely to happen on its own.

(May. 31, 2012  3:53 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Lack of the words "Burn Wheel" reduces recoil, allowing for major grinding against 230 and thus the ability to defeat once top teir Bassalt combos when on Burn Horogium 130 B. This by no means makes that bey good but with TT Burn it was far worse.
The slight bubble on my Legend Bull CW means it will tilt very slightly, giving it an advantage over regular Bull CWs in any situation where low attacks are needed and meaning it will win the mirror match ~95% of the time (trust me on this number, I tested a lot and while it occasionally drew, it never lost).
CH120 not holding a facebolt properly means it doesn't hold its 145 height as well either and may drop back down in battle.
Softer rubber means more grip, meaning greater rate of spin equalisation on a CW or track and less recoil and stamina on a tip.
FS going agressive more often and staying that way longer most definitely changes its performance. It doesn't really affect competetive play because the tip sucks but if it didn't it most certaily would.

Everything I listed is something I have been told was inconsequential atleast once and not one of them actually was. Thus I figure any minor difference is worthy of my attention, no matter how small it may appear.

(May. 31, 2012  3:44 PM)dude_31415 Wrote: I have 2 Gravity Destroyer WDs, and they are both nice and pointy. I have no idea what's going on here.

The WD from Gravity Destroyer is externally no different to any other but has 6 small bits of plastic reinforcing the connection between sides and base on the inside that other WDs lack.
Theoretically, this should make only a neglidgeable difference but my Earth based combo seems significantly harder to KO when using that than when using any other WD I possess.

Most of those things would make some difference, perhaps not as huge as you've stated in some cases, I could understand someone saying the difference wouldn't be all that noticeable in a few cases, but they are definitely not entirely inconsequential.

In general, I've experienced a few of those things myself (rubber, FS), the CH120 thing is a fairly well known issue generally unrelated to the facebolt thing, which is another issue with it (fragility) - in my multiple experiences with it, it got much tighter before it gave way and became very loose.

The Bull thing though, 95% is an extremely large effect for something that sounds more like it would decrease the overall balance, so I'm afraid I can't just take your word for it, but nonetheless, a bubble would at least have some small effect, yes.

But yeah, as Kai-V said, those are definitely not community-wide opinions, it sounds more like someone giving either an incorrect or at least unclear response to you.
Rai-
Oh no, its not a bearing actually! I don't think it has any official term for itself, but its definitely not 'Bearing'. Tongue_out
Yeah, so that 'eternal' part of EWD does go crazy at times!
The phenomena I explained above was very much noticeable in my MagneStadium, so I could see it rather clearly, haha!

Actually the problem is, in EWD, two different parts work differently. While in WD, it works as a single unit.
Therefore, the former usually suffers from unusual problems which are SO unusual, that you wouldn't even dream to see them in a WD. XD
I usually prefer EWD over WD though, because it does seem to provide a little more Defense. Or maybe, its because of the Metal Wheel. I used to use WD with Hell, while I used EWD with Basalt. Tongue_out

But no, even when I use WD on Basalt, I still find EWD to do better. Sometimes, that Eternal tip provides an advantage, you know!

Its actually quite fun to see EWD go wild for a few seconds! It seems like a perfect 'trick' by TT-

EWD says- I WUD HAV SPUN FOR ETARNITY BUT I AM BUSY SO I LEFT DA STEDEUM IN A HURRRY....
(May. 31, 2012  4:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: The Bull thing though, 95% is an extremely large effect for something that sounds more like it would decrease the overall balance, so I'm afraid I can't just take your word for it, but nonetheless, a bubble would at least have some small effect, yes.

As said, this is testing in a mirror match situation where getting under the opponent is significant. This win percentage is maintained even when the Legend version is made 10 higher and given all round shoddier versions of the parts used but in other mirrors it is entirely possible the lack of balance would be more significant than the lower edge provided by the small angling.
It is also unlikely to be of major significance outside of the mirror since the effect is atleast seemingly neglidgeable but it is this that led me to believe there might be some use in Horogium that was being overlooked, leading to the combo in which the Burn wheel variation became apparent (yes, I understand the variation is considered much more significant now than it was back then and yes, I know this has nothing to do with me).

(May. 31, 2012  4:23 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: EWD does go crazy at times!
The phenomena I explained above was very much noticeable in my MagneStadium, so I could see it rather clearly, haha!

Non-MW parts from the MFB line are magnetic so, if you have the magnets in, that may be part o your problem and I would suggest removing them for any future MFB battles since their effect isn't as neglidgeable as it seems (they weaken Metal Faced attack types quite a bit from my experience).
Oh no, I am not using the magnets at all, haha!
I keep them out of the stadium every time.... Tongue_out
Good good. For a while I had figured they'd be a good way to reduce stadium movement since the MWs weren't affected by them. Then my Metal Faced beys started flipping over at the end of battles and I began to wonder...
(May. 31, 2012  4:32 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Non-MW parts from the MFB line are magnetic so, if you have the magnets in, that may be part o your problem and I would suggest removing them for any future MFB battles since their effect isn't as neglidgeable as it seems (they weaken Metal Faced attack types quite a bit from my experience).

Parts beside the Metal Wheels are magnetic ?
I tried this the other night out of curiosity, and from what I saw the MW's aren't magnetic.. (unless I read that wrong and that's actually what you're all saying)
I DID find that things like EWD/ES/MF have a slight attraction to the old school magnetic (which are quite powerful) but not enough to really make a difference.
(May. 31, 2012  4:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 31, 2012  4:32 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Non-MW parts from the MFB line are magnetic so, if you have the magnets in, that may be part o your problem and I would suggest removing them for any future MFB battles since their effect isn't as neglidgeable as it seems (they weaken Metal Faced attack types quite a bit from my experience).

Parts beside the Metal Wheels are magnetic ?

The Metal Wheels aren't even magnetic. I can't imagine anything used in MFB could be magnetic, except maybe the metal balls, but I don't know if they are either.
@Raigeko: that is exactly what I'm saying. The MWs are not magnetic but every other metal part is to some extent (not sure on Pegasus III). The attraction is not strong but over the course of battle its effects will add up to something significant. Metal Faces on attack types in a full magnestadium reduce the maximum height (and thus radial distance) achieved by the bey quite quickly, meaning its attacks are a lot less effective.
I do not know how this interacts with the cores of the E parts but I suspect it would cause them some trouble.

EDIT: brad: the metal balls used in GB145 are the exact same composition as those used in Draciel V, a bey in which their magnetic properties were made quite clear. I'm also pretty sure that all metal parts besides the Metal Wheel are made of the same metal.
I keep a rather powerful magnet on my desk for "reasons".

I just tested all of these things:
Metal Face - No.
MF-H - No.
Metal Assist(Grip) - No.
Metal Flat Tip - Yes.
GB145 Balls - No.
GB145 SCREWS - Yes. Waka Waka?
Metal Wheels - No.
Chrome Wheels - No.

All screws in all parts are magnetic, of course, so the GB145 ones aren't surprising. However, the balls themselves are not magnetic, if this magnet is not responding to them. This thing could relocate your braces to somewhere very uncomfortable, were you wearing very old braces, and I held it up to your butt.
What's up with my Cyber Pegasus face then?

Quick Parts Check:
CW: CC2
MW: 3 (no letters?!)
Track: AA5
Tip: AB4

It's atleast mostly legit, though that MW is worrying.
Aha, I've figured out what it is.

The cores of the Metal Faces and MF-H are magnetic, but not the actual top part.

That explains entirely why they break so much, actually - the metal inside them is more than likely just a very cheap alloy.
There we go, though that does not explain the discrepency between your GB145 and mine.
My legit Hasbro GB145 can easily have its metal balls held against gravity by my stack of neodymiums.

Likewise, my Gravity Destroyer (Attack) 90 MF can be held suspended by the tip.

EDIT: and running the stack past my L-Drago Destroy MW (marked A3) causes a minor jerk in movement, suggesting that it has a small iron content not present in pre-4D wheels.

EDIT 2: Nope, I was wrong, all MWs have some tiny amount of magnetic metal within them, it's just so small that it only really becomes apparent on the bulkiest ones and even then, it's not even enough to visibly move 5 magnecore cores (very strong magnets once you ditch the casing) acting in unison.
Okay, this is pretty weird. Just to verify, I dug out my other Hasbro GB145. I have two, both purchased at Wal-Mart. One Yellow one, from Earth Virgo GB145BS, and one gray one from a Face-Off Pack with Thunder Leone GB145BS and Thermal Lacerta W130HF.

The yellow one's balls are absolutely not responsive to the magnet. The gray one's, however, responds HEAVILY.

what the hell hasbro how does that even happen
Mine is also yellow from an Earth Virgo GB145BS but it came from an Earth Virgo V Evil Pisces faceoff pack. Perhaps they mixed up the metals and you got one made with the MW stuff by mistake or maybe there's something different about faceoff packs?

EDIT: Judging by the fact that my MF tip is strongly magnetic but my MS is not, it would appear that Hasbro changed from using MW metal to Plastic Era metal (or some similar cheap substitute) at some point to cut costs. My guess, based on your information, would be that this change took place midway through Metal Masters.

This means GB145 has two "molds" (if we can call them that) and should be reweighed taking such into account.
My Earth Virgo GB145BS is from the Evil Pisces Faceoff pack, as well, though, not the starter.
All the more curious then.
I have no idea what's going on but do you have access to precise scales? I can weigh mine next time I'm in lab but that's no use without info on your weird one (youtube beyblade modders seem to suggest that the magnetic one is the common one).
I do not have a gram scale.
(May. 31, 2012  6:09 PM)Hazel Wrote: I keep a rather powerful magnet on my desk for "reasons".

I just tested all of these things:
Metal Face - No.
MF-H - No.
Metal Assist(Grip) - No.
Metal Flat Tip - Yes.
GB145 Balls - No.
GB145 SCREWS - Yes. Waka Waka?
Metal Wheels - No.
Chrome Wheels - No.

All screws in all parts are magnetic, of course, so the GB145 ones aren't surprising. However, the balls themselves are not magnetic, if this magnet is not responding to them. This thing could relocate your braces to somewhere very uncomfortable, were you wearing very old braces, and I held it up to your butt.
Hold on, so the PLASTIC screws are magnetic?? Say what? Can someone clue me in here?
Nor can I compare my Plastic era MS to my MFB one since the plastic casing will alter results.
It would appear we have no way of knowing what this means for competetive use but I'd be willing to bet the weights are not the same for the two metals.

EDIT: cetus: Plastic screws?
(May. 31, 2012  7:09 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Hold on, so the PLASTIC screws are magnetic?? Say what? Can someone clue me in here?

If I really needed to specify the word "metal", I have nothing remotely acceptable to say about you.

(May. 31, 2012  7:12 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Nor can I compare my Plastic era MS to my MFB one since the plastic casing will alter results.
It would appear we have no way of knowing what this means for competetive use but I'd be willing to bet the weights are not the same for the two metals.

My yellow one out-performs my gray one noticably, actually - I mentioned it quite a very long time ago(when I first joined, actually). My gray one got KO'd more often, and got outspun a lot more often. My yellow one also does better on Beat, I find, than the gray one did.
You said all screws in all parts, so I automatically thought of regular tracks and stuff. Just a misunderstanding, sorry.