Beyblade Random Thoughts

Good luck at AN with that bro. Beat can still hold itself up pretty well Wink
And take Hazels advice too, that's probably the best advice anyone could've given you with Beat.
The only thing I need is another MF-H, cause I have three of em. One I'm using on basalt 230CS, one on a BD145 combo, and one on another BD145 combo, but only because that's the only track that MF seems to fit on without somehow screwing up the track. I have two regular MFs, and that's about it. Good thing there'll most likely be some MF-Hs on sale at AN tomorrow!

EDIT again: Turns out I don't need a new MF-H. It seems the one I have was just was suffering from that extra bit of plastic from when it was clipped from it's mold. It goes into my grey GB145 very comfortably. I guess the BD145 cured it?
When you said BD125, did you mean D125?
Little typo there, I was thinking of a D125 combo I had just made a second ago, but yeah, it's a BD145 combo. sorry bout that!
Sao, I was at Toys 'R' Us just now, then I took a little 'peek' inside this RBV9. And it had no cardboard! Does that mean it's Fusion Hades? Then I was like begging my mom to get it for me but she kept saying no, ha.
I was at Target with my mom, and I saw Twisted Tempo!!! I begged her to let me just take a little look at it, but she wouldn't let me! Just one little look at the pretty bey-bey! T.T I wanna see Twisted Tempo...
Beyblade is getting boring... playing by myself all the time xD

My friends are always playing on their PS3s, and say i'm too old to play beyblade, I know that's not true. Some of you guys are really lucky Smile

And the 4th season of beyblade looks great! The beys look so cool !_!
People who go out of their way to piss and moan about customization-focused toys, and their targeted age group, don't understand how hobbies work. Sorry they perceive that way at their age.

Anyway;

I might get back into parts painting, but I need seriously better modelling paint that isn't finicky about coat thickness.
Revising materials for a Construction exam. Come across Polycarbonate and its impact-resistant properties (in fact, traditionally the most impact resistant of all plastics!), but I knew that already. Beyblades are educational, kids.
This is a random thought, today, one of my "friends" told me beyblade was Illuminati, do you guys see any resemblance? I mean, seriously, how does a spinning top connect with that?! Chocked_2 Chocked_2
K
so
wtf.
Samurai Ifraid W145DS (crystal up mode) spin time - 1:52, no balance problems, not aggressive
Samurai Ifraid W145DS spin time - 1:28, balance problems, semi aggressive at beginning, destabilized whole time
What in Crystal Up mode makes Samurai Ifraid relatively more balanced..? I don't understand it.. In BB-10 w/ Beylauncher.
(May. 26, 2012  5:07 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: K
so
wtf.
Samurai Ifraid W145DS (crystal up mode) spin time - 1:52, no balance problems, not aggressive
Samurai Ifraid W145DS spin time - 1:28, balance problems, semi aggressive at beginning, destabilized whole time
What in Crystal Up mode makes Samurai Ifraid relatively more balanced..? I don't understand it.. In BB-10 w/ Beylauncher.

That seems odd? Have you tried any testing against other beys?
Competitively? Haha, no, but I've done multiple battles against the same opponent, and it stays in play much longer, and has a better chance at winning.
What confuses me is why flipping the ChW and CrW makes it more balanced.
Maybe it has bad balance because it is top heavy? Think about it, all other beys have the clear wheel on top but with the metal on top rather then the plastic there is nothing to keep the weight centered.
You have a point there, but I still don't understand why that would affect much.. Hmm..
Aerodynamics. Down Force vs Upward Force. The top part of the Crystal Wheel gives off more Down Force, giving it more stadium friction and stability. When it's reversed, it 'lifts' up the bey instead, where Balance is jeopardized. Vice versa for the Chrome Wheel.

I'm curious to see whether this case applies to ALL Zero G beys with Crystal Up Mode or just Samurai Ifraid.
Ah, that makes sense Uwik, thank you! When I receive my Shinobi Saramanda/RBV1 I'll see if it does apply. Stamina in Zero-G is more useless than it was previously.. Kinda sad really.
And the balance is different for both modes. Think of it this way: is a ruler or a yard stick easier to balance? The yard stick, because the centre of gravity (gravy?) is higher.
Thief Phoenic is slightly more stable in Crystal Up, as well, but it's not really one that suffers from severe imbalance anyway. Crystal Up mode is still useless regardless, as far as I've seen, however.

Stamina was the safe choice in a lot of the MFB meta. I'm fine with that changing, personally.
I don't have much trouble with balancing Zero-G Beys when they're in their normal mode... You can usually balance out the weight just by shifting the Track to the lighter side of the Chrome Wheel.
Yeah, but if it's off, then you're screwed lol.
Personally, I like the Crystal Up modes, given that they're less useful. They look really cool too :3
Personally, I find Crystal Up mode to be more balanced with my Pirates Orojya. Then again, my MSF is partially broken (it's slightly slanted on the part with the threads), so I'm not sure of this affects it in any way.
(May. 26, 2012  3:20 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Yeah, but if it's off, then you're screwed lol.

I spin the Bey in my hand to feel for imbalance, so I IDK about you, though...
I think it should also be mentioned that the metal piece being more in the middle gives a lower centre of gravity, so theoretically better balance too. If all the weight is at the top, the second it starts its precessions, it will be more easily unbalanced.

Let it be known that I however did not sleep a lot last night ...