Beyblade Random Thoughts

It's weird, when youown alot of HMS, ou have the urge to complete your collection! Seriously, I've been on a debate since my package from dusty came wheather or not to buy more or not Uncertain.
Thankfully, the outrageous costs of most HMS stands as a barrier that prevents me from filling in my collection beyond the ones I need for competitive use and hoarding DEMS...
It prevents me getting into it, as I'd never be happy without two MSUV's, but I simply cannot justify spending that much money.
I seriously wonder how people actually even dare to use HMS in battles...
They are SO valuable, that holding a rare one in your hand is burdening.

What if it breaks?
What if it wears down too much?
What if its condition gets a bit beaten up?

One would be obsessed with one's own bey, taking away the fun from matches. It feels like a small child is given a gold biscuit to deliver to a distant relative.
Even if I get an MSUV for $8, I would hesitate when it comes to using it because in my heart, I know that this thing may go up for $150.
That is enough to put a barrier between me and HMS. If I ever buy HMS, I'd go for the common ones. If not that, I'll invest a bit to be able to buy a Dranzer MS; which is supposedly my favorite HMS bey. Eee
All this would happen when I grow up though, and would finally have my own bank accounts and all. Only after that will I FINALLY get access to online shopping.
(Feb. 09, 2012  5:09 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I seriously wonder how people actually even dare to use HMS in battles...

What if it breaks?

One would be obsessed with one's own bey, taking away the fun from matches. It feels like a small child is given a gold biscuit to deliver to a distant relative.
Even if I get an MSUV for $8, I would hesitate when it comes to using it because in my heart, I know that this thing may go up for $150.
That is enough to put a barrier between me and HMS. If I ever buy HMS, I'd go for the common ones. If not that, I'll invest a bit to be able to buy a Dranzer MS; which is supposedly my favorite HMS bey. Eee
All this would happen when I grow up though, and would finally have my own bank accounts and all. Only after that will I FINALLY get access to online shopping.

well, the takara ones such as driger, draciel, gaia dragoon is pretty much available in the ebay market (sorry for talking about ebay). So, yeah, unless they use those 3 HMS, then I guess no one dares to use rare ones.
(Feb. 09, 2012  5:17 PM)foxy Wrote: well, the takara ones such as driger, draciel, gaia dragoon is pretty much available in the ebay market (sorry for talking about ebay). So, yeah, unless they use those 3 HMS, then I guess no one dares to use rare ones.

I use my Black Saumrai Changer and Blue Slash Riger Regularly. Serious
With High Recoil Combos as well.
I was just thinking how old my dranzer is...
[Image: 193322.jpg]
the blue ones dranzer, my 1st ever bey, the other ones burn aries, my current fav. i thought i might test them against each other... as you can see dranzers attack ring kinda broke XD
(Feb. 09, 2012  5:17 PM)foxy Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2012  5:09 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I seriously wonder how people actually even dare to use HMS in battles...

What if it breaks?

well, the takara ones such as driger, draciel, gaia dragoon is pretty much available in the ebay market (sorry for talking about ebay). So, yeah, unless they use those 3 HMS, then I guess no one dares to use rare ones.

If I ever get a solid opportunity I will most certainly be busting out one of my several DEMS, which are all currently still mint in box. The only ones I wouldn't use are ones that I only have one of - and even then only if they look really nice.

Luck: Do not use MFB against Plastics or HMS if you value them at all...
Foxy- Well yes, those 3 are the ones I referred to as the cheap ones. Smile
Hazel- You probably have too many DEMS, and if I were you, I would certainly get into using one, because I knew that I already have a bunch of others safe on the shelves.
But at the same time, if the bey/part of a bey was an extremely valuable one, and was prone to wearing down, then I wouldn't even dare to touch it. For example, the GFC and GFCUV.

Luck- Its an insult to use plastics/HMS against the puny MFB. Tongue_out
But yes, keep things within their respective generations, and you'll be a happy man!
Yep XD I just wanted to see what it was like...
It was fairly funny though, watching dranzer fail Grin
Its always fun to have cross-generation matches, but its not as AMAZING as the usual plastic vs. plastic battles. XD
Because, 90% of the times plastics seem to lose.

Not to mention that certain hard metal hits on your plastic might do some damage... *evil song*

What if it breaks?

They are valuable, yes, but questions like this only matter if you ever have an intention of selling them one day. If you're a player rather than a collector, why would you buy something you aren't ever going to use? You won't learn anything that way.
(Feb. 11, 2012  2:34 AM)Kei Wrote:

What if it breaks?

They are valuable, yes, but questions like this only matter if you ever have an intention of selling them one day. If you're a player rather than a collector, why would you buy something you aren't ever going to use? You won't learn anything that way.

This. All Day, Every Day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this attitude, who realises beyblades aren't actually just for investment, haha.
I do not collect Beyblades to resell them later. Evidently I do, however, collect them to stick them in a drawer in a box in my closet and just look at them every now and again. Until I have multiples of everything, anyway.

If I sold my whole collection, I could probably cover my bills for a month or two - hardly worth the several months I'll have spent putting the collection together.
Yeah, I know it's not abut investment for everyone. I have a few beyblades like that too. I figure if I ever end up having kids, I'll have something to hand down to them. Though, I'm sure by then spinning tops will be plenty more advanced and I'll be old and dated and not-hip.
Retro always sparks favor with the younguns at some point.

At the very least, many of them look pretty nice just sitting around. Definitely less boring than ceramic ducks or whathaveyou.
In the part of my brain labeled "Beyblade", thier lives 2 organisms. One is called "The Player" and the other is called "The Collector"

They HATE eachother, and nothing I do can stop it. I am caught in limbo between the 2, and it bothers me to no end...
Buy multiples of everything.
(Feb. 11, 2012  4:31 PM)Hazel Wrote: Buy multiples of everything.

I imagine he just forgot to mention the third party in this discussion, the budget, seeing as it is not part of the brain.
I'm likely on a tighter budget than he is - it's a slower process, but it appeases the two conflicts, is all I'm saying.
(Feb. 11, 2012  2:34 AM)Kei Wrote:

What if it breaks?

Well, I seemingly have a more limited approach to such things, probably due to the fact that I am a low-budget blader(which means I won't have two of the same kind of beys). I also can't buy things online. Smile
Because of that, the bey (lets take Death Gargoyle as an example from hereon) I have is the only one of its kind I can own (probably for the rest of my life).
Only 1 Death Gargoyle exists in my world. If that 1 Death Gargoyle is gone, how would I feel?

That's the basis of my previous post.

But yes, I keep on forgetting that all people in this world aren't the same, and if I can have just one DEMS throughout my life, it doesn't mean that everyone in this world will only be able to get 1 DEMS too. Tongue_out

I forget we have people who get multiples of a certain kind of bey...
(Feb. 11, 2012  4:49 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, I seemingly have a more limited approach to such things, probably due to the fact that I am a low-budget blader(which means I won't have two of the same kind of beys). I also can't buy things online. Smile
Because of that, the bey (lets take Death Gargoyle as an example from hereon) I have is the only one of its kind I can own (probably for the rest of my life).
Only 1 Death Gargoyle exists in my world. If that 1 Death Gargoyle is gone, how would I feel?

That's the basis of my previous post.

Okay, that's fair enough; clearly not everyone can afford to buy multiples of each Beyblade–especially HMS–but as a player, what value is there in owning that one Death Gargoyle MS if you never get the chance to experience what it can do first hand? I'd feel much better about using and enjoying it while it lasts than just having it for the sake of having it, you know?

Anyways, here's a picture of the Omega Wheel from my "brand new" Omega Dragonis!:

[Image: dsc01048vt.jpg]

Grin
Moving on, has anyone here tried the BB120 Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium without Proto Nemesis? I thought of getting one for testing purposes (and I have money to burn), then I thought of something-if that magnet works like I think it does, there could be either:

A)Hour-long battles
B)B : D being REALLY broken in that stadium
C)Me spending a lot of money and shipping to get the thing to test this theory which will most likely blow up in my face
D)All of the above

The correct answer is C. But if anyone has tried this already, please stop me.
(Feb. 12, 2012  12:46 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Moving on, has anyone here tried the BB120 Ultimate Bey Ta Stadium without Proto Nemesis? I thought of getting one for testing purposes (and I have money to burn), then I thought of something-if that magnet works like I think it does, there could be either:

A)Hour-long battles
B)B : D being REALLY broken in that stadium
C)Me spending a lot of money and shipping to get the thing to test this theory which will most likely blow up in my face
D)All of the above

The correct answer is C. But if anyone has tried this already, please stop me.

prototype nemisis has a powerful magnet but looses balance when spinning in the center. I don't think anybody did it yet.